University of Toronto Pharmacy 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the pre req courses is there a min grade we need to achieve in each course?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, people kept telling me I am not cut out for it, just like you =P.

Even my parents think I am not ready for medicine. I am actually a special ed. student so I understand their concerns.

I am actually really proud of how far I have come. I guess the extra time alloted for tests has really allowed me to achieve this feat. I am uncertain about my accomodations in pharmacy school though.

Anyways, hopefully you will make it to wherever you want to go. You seem pretty smart in making a backup school to go in case you don't make it into med. school.

;-) You can always tell people pharmacy was only your backup and medicine is your optimal goal; this way people will not look down on you and you will not look down on yourself.

when i started reading this i could honestly say that i empathized with your situation, but that last part really pisses me off to astronomical levels. i don't believe the profession of pharmacy needs someone like you who looks down on their own discipline when healthcare is increasingly becoming more interprofessional. each profession is uniquely qualified in providing the best patient care possible in some way. so we're all bringing our strong points to the table. if you think you're gonna have an inferiority complex from being a pharmacist, guess what? this profession doesn't need or want someone like you as a part of it.
regarding your academic qualifications for pharm school, yes you are meeting the cutoff, if only barely. fortunately for you, that means you probably will get an offer for interview. unless you absolutely kill your interview, it will likely be undergrad year 7 for you next year. but carry with you that attitude you have right now into your interview, i can almost guarantee that you won't be part the class of 1T9. if you do get accepted, be very prepared to handle 7 courses per semester or 7 finals in 12 days. it will be $17000 tuition down the drain should you dropout.
lastly, happy pharmacy awareness month (march). i'm done ranting.

peace out,
very angry 1T5er

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
when i started reading this i could honestly say that i empathized with your situation, but that last part really pisses me off to astronomical levels. i don't believe the profession of pharmacy needs someone like you who looks down on their own discipline when healthcare is increasingly becoming more interprofessional. each profession is uniquely qualified in providing the best patient care possible in some way. so we're all bringing our strong points to the table. if you think you're gonna have an inferiority complex from being a pharmacist, guess what? this profession doesn't need or want someone like you as a part of it.
regarding your academic qualifications for pharm school, yes you are meeting the cutoff, if only barely. fortunately for you, that means you probably will get an offer for interview. unless you absolutely kill your interview, it will likely be undergrad year 7 for you next year. but carry with you that attitude you have right now into your interview, i can almost guarantee that you won't be part the class of 1T9. if you do get accepted, be very prepared to handle 7 courses per semester or 7 finals in 12 days. it will be $17000 tuition down the drain should you dropout.
lastly, happy pharmacy awareness month (march). i'm done ranting.

peace out,
very angry 1T5er

I'm not telling anyone because I'm embarrassed... It's a cop out for medical school failures

ONCE AGAIN. My post at the end there was sarcasm directed at drakethetypeofniggard.

This person is already banned from this thread if you managed to follow my conversion with her/him.

I clarified this with the National Sarcasm Society and they said its a fair use of sarcasm.

PS. you are not doing a good job of lurking, lurkerO__O

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hey, is there a min grade we need to achieve in the pre req courses individually

ONCE AGAIN. My post at the end there was sarcasm directed at drakethetypeofniggard.

This person is already banned from this thread if you managed to follow my conversion with her/him.

I clarified this with the National Sarcasm Society and they said its a fair use of sarcasm.

PS. you are not doing a good job of lurking, lurkerO__O

Yeah, people kept telling me I am not cut out for it, just like you =P.

;-) You can always tell people pharmacy was only your backup and medicine is your optimal goal; this way people will not look down on you and you will not look down on yourself.

you, sir, have got a long way to go before your interview, assuming you get one, if that is how you convey sarcasm. by means beyond me, you managed to make your "sarcastic remark" sound somehow like you two were bathing in a moment of mutual appreciation and understanding.

oh and PS, big sister is watching you from the shadows so you better watch what you say.

hey, is there a min grade we need to achieve in the pre req courses individually

i don't remember there being a specific grade for pre reqs. although if you do poorly in chemistry (< C+?), you do get flagged for being weak in chemistry. that doesn't completely count you out, but possibly puts you at a disadvantage.

you, sir, have got a long way to go before your interview, assuming you get one, if that is how you convey sarcasm. by means beyond me, you managed to make your "sarcastic remark" sound somehow like you two were bathing in a moment of mutual appreciation and understanding.

oh and PS, big sister is watching you from the shadows so you better watch what you say.

As long as you watch everything and not just chime in whenever you "think" you know who I am "bathing" with, I am fine with it.

If you managed to read how "drakethetypeofniggard" was disrespecting people here, you would not have lectured me and acted like the second coming.

The shadows may be too dark for your old sister eyes. Come out into the light. Things may clear up.

Last edited:
Alright everyone, lets take a step back for a bit, tensions are probably a bit high considering interview invites are approaching. Look we all made the decision to apply, ultimately U of T will be the one to evaluate our motivations and capabilities for this profession. We all said what we had to say , and now I think we should use this forum for encouragement and productive discussion, pending an interview the long wait till decisions are gonna be tough but having this group of people going through the same thing can make it a little less stressful for all of us. So on that note, good luck to everyone this week, I think the tentative interview invite date is March 6th, try not to think about it too much, keep busy and work on finishing your semester on a strong note

On another note, does anyone know why there are May interview dates? Are these reserved exclusively for people who have conflicts for the March sessions?

Reactions: 1 users
I just gotta say, this is the most toxic thread I've ever read on SDN. I'm really ashamed that there are some really negative and disrespectful people who want to work in health care. I hope you trolls don't make it past the interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Guys! People need to stop trolling or whatever their doing.
I don't think we need to worry about getting interview cuz i heard that as long as you have minimum requirement on PCAT (which are low)
then you'd get invited for interview and it goes from there
So Nervous!

lol Why are you using someone else's picture

I just gotta say, this is the most toxic thread I've ever read on SDN. I'm really ashamed that there are some really negative and disrespectful people who want to work in health care. I hope you trolls don't make it past the interview.

+1

I was just wondering how much CHM220 marks matter for the admission overall? I got a 67 in CHM220 after bombing the final (went in with over 80% after getting perfect on the first midterm, smh) but my cGPA is 3.56 and my overall grade in the prereqs is over 80%. PCAT is 94 VA 97 BIO 78 RC 91 QA 99 Chem 99 Comp 4.0 Writing.

Reactions: 1 user
+1

I was just wondering how much CHM220 marks matter for the admission overall? I got a 67 in CHM220 after bombing the final (went in with over 80% after getting perfect on the first midterm, smh) but my cGPA is 3.56 and my overall grade in the prereqs is over 80%. PCAT is 94 VA 97 BIO 78 RC 91 QA 99 Chem 99 Comp 4.0 Writing.
you should be fine!! stats look really good, i'm sure they won't hold you back because of one course.

On another note, does anyone know why there are May interview dates? Are these reserved exclusively for people who have conflicts for the March sessions?

There are post-secondary students outside of Ontario too.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1

LOL so you are the one who got 100 on the first CHM220 midterm! Don't worry, the rest of your stats look great so I wouldn't worry about that one course.

Anyone know when the interview invites are going to be sent out?

Invites are out!!! I got Saturday, May 2, 2015! I suddenly got so much more nervous than I've been all this time:eek:

My interview date is on Saturday, March 28, 2015. Good luck to everyone!

For those who are interested, the minimum PCAT requirement is a little different than last year with the Verbal percentile moved from 10 to 20.

March 29th for me. Didn't get the May date but I'm okay.

Congrats everyone!! Although looking at the MMI set up is making me a lot more nervous than before, I'm still really excited to meet some of you there :)))

In for March Interview date.. Congrats everyone, well deserved!! Gotta appreciate these moments!! Look forward to meeting some of you

I got an interview! See y'all on Saturday the 28th!

PS: JennQT, IN YO FACE!

Reactions: 4 users
Sunday the 29th for me ! Excited/nervous for the MMI- how is everyone preparing?

Yeah, don't give up on your dream, brother! :)

@jbauer24 and @Gentle_luver69 don't be discouraged by the troll guys, if you do well in the interview you'll make it. Good luck!

It is with great pleasure to announce that I have been selected for an interview!

I have been given a chance to prove to myself and the world that nothing can stop me from achieving what I want to do.

I would like to thank everyone here for motivating me.

I would especially like to thank myself for all the hardwork I have given to achieve this feat. (You guys should do the same!)

It was not easy to find the balls and brains to come to this stage in my life.

"Whatever you believe in, and if you keep trying, you can eventually succeed." -- William Hung

Good luck everyone on your interviews. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the 29th hopefully I can find some pharm-buddies! Not looking forward to the long 2-month+ wait between the interview and the results being posted though. T.T

I agree. People come to these threads to seek positive advice and information from others going through the same process as them, not to read a series of negative banter attacking other applicants and diminishing the profession of pharmacy.

I suggest to anyone looking for useful information/advice for the interviews to refer to the 2018/2017 uoft threads.

All thanks due to the Lordddddd.. interview invite received!! see you beautiful peeps on the 29th!!

Does anyone know where I can stay for a night before the interview? I'm an OOP student and I got the May interview date.

+1

99%, if not for bio

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can stay for a night before the interview? I'm an OOP student and I got the May interview date.
It's downtown Toronto so there are a lot of hotels around the area like Sheraton and Marriott. They're only ~10-20 min walk away

hey guys, i'm in my third year undergrad and i just got an interview invite! my cGPA is 3.56. i'm a bit nervous about my PCAT mark though, i got 98 composite but my writing is only 3. i read that they may raise the minimum PCAT requirement after the interviews. would my writing mark weigh me down? what do you guys think are my chances? what kind of prep should i do for the interview? can someone share what kind of interview questions they got? thanks! :)

hey guys, i'm in my third year undergrad and i just got an interview invite! my cGPA is 3.56. i'm a bit nervous about my PCAT mark though, i got 98 composite but my writing is only 3. i read that they may raise the minimum PCAT requirement after the interviews. would my writing mark weigh me down? what do you guys think are my chances? what kind of prep should i do for the interview? can someone share what kind of interview questions they got? thanks! :)
TBH I dont see the writing going up to 4 no way, that would be a huge jump. 3 is good you should be fine for that, I really wouldn't stress too much

guys, i'm thinking of Credit/No Credit-ing a course that isn't a prereq for pharm school. I really think it'll just hurt my GPA. Do you think doing so would affect my application?

guys, i'm thinking of Credit/No Credit-ing a course that isn't a prereq for pharm school. I really think it'll just hurt my GPA. Do you think doing so would affect my application?
I CR/NCRed one of my electives as well... I don't think we need to worry that much though since they are not prereqs. Although I did hear that some grad schools like to count that as a flat "50%" towards the average ?? :(

I CR/NCRed one of my electives as well... I don't think we need to worry that much though since they are not prereqs. Although I did hear that some grad schools like to count that as a flat "50%" towards the average ?? :(

Some programs count a pass/fail course as the minimum passing grade. Honestly I would call U of T and ask about their policy if you cant find anything online. Also got to check that if this is a No Credit class will you still be considered as having a full course load?

On another note does anyone have a clue how low you have to get in a course to get flagged as being weak. Im taking Physical Chem and this winter section is very challenging so I am a little worried about possibly hurting my application or being flagged as weak in chem. Thanks!

Adding to ^, lets say you did very poor in a course (so you get flagged for being weak) but did good in pcat, + overall gpa, would that mean it would be impossible to get in?

How likely are they going to change the PCAT threshold for each subject???

Say an applicant's PCAT met the the interview threshold and got an interview offer but did not meet the final selection thresholds, is the applicant automatically disqualified no matter of his interview score and gpa because of this updated PCAT threshold?

I am kinda worried.

How likely are they going to change the PCAT threshold for each subject???

Say an applicant's PCAT met the the interview threshold and got an interview offer but did not meet the final selection thresholds, is the applicant automatically disqualified no matter of his interview score and gpa because of this updated PCAT threshold?

I am kinda worried.

I would think so, yes. The cut-offs are pretty low though.. I mean, the highest requirement is only 50?