University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm also doing the same thing with all my A+ But my 3.4 GPA turns out being 83%... an A counts as 85 right? And B+ 78?
Yes I did that too. I think it depends on how many As etc you have . If you have more A+ and As your percentage cGPA will be higher and if you also don't have Cs and Ds. I'm assuming you mostly have As with a few Bs

Members don't see this ad.

uoft pharm doesn't look at your gpa though, on the website it says that 80% is competitive so everything is in percentages

I am incredibly nervous. I felt super good right after the MMI, but after hearing from people on here that they had better cGPAs and PCAT scores and still didn't make it... I'm not doing that well. On my interview day, one of the student volunteers told me that usually they get about 700-800 applications but due to the changes to pre-requisite courses this year, they only received about 500-600. The student also said they usually cut it down to about 500 interviews to get to an ~50% acceptance from interview. I'm REALLY hoping I make it because of these things.

I wrote such a massive essay for my sample, I'm not really sure how I got the 4.0 :p Your PCAT scores are great, and I would guess you're on the higher end of applicants based on cGPA of past accepted students. That's just based on guesswork from looking at SDN, but I would be surprised if you didn't get in, especially given your familiarity with some of the MMI stations.

How did you manage to get a 4?! I had to take the PCAT twice since I got a 2.5 on the writing my first try :/

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you manage to get a 4?! I had to take the PCAT twice since I got a 2.5 on the writing my first try :/
I honestly don't know, I just wrote a lot of points for my topic and tried to explain my thinking for each and every point. I also tried to provide one or two pieces of evidence for each point/main idea. That's all! I've said this before, I actually wrote so much that I'm not sure how I got a 4.0, I thought it might be interpreted as incoherent. But perhaps the way I organised my response prevented that! I have no clue.

Yeah I really hope I have a chance of getting in too because of the lower # of applicants. Can Friday just hurry up !!!!
I'm right there with you!! Even though I know the "secret website" won't work until early on Friday morning, I still compulsively check it every few hours... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
pharmsis: There are no decisions posted at this time !

me: tHeRe aRe nO dEcIsIoNs pOsTeD aT tHiS tImE !
spongebob

Reactions: 7 users
ahh its so close!!! i hope we all hear good news iA

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone here get accepted to Waterloo?
Yeah I did, and personally, I'm gonna go with Waterloo. I just find the coop a lot more appealing for getting into the workplace and I really dug the vibe I got at the interview.
Anyways, good luck to everyone else who applied!

Yeah I did, and personally, I'm gonna go with Waterloo. I just find the coop a lot more appealing for getting into the workplace and I really dug the vibe I got at the interview.
Anyways, good luck to everyone else who applied!

Interesting, anyone else have any opinions?

Yes, I got accepted to Waterloo but am hoping for an acceptance from UofT as well!!! Though the coop is interesting, I like the environment and prestige of Toronto. Cant be too picky though!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting, anyone else have any opinions?

Yeah I got accepted to Waterloo. I was hoping for U of T for a while for the culture/entertainment/social value, but now I'm not sure. With the COOP I can net about 1.5 years worth of full time pay at about $15-20 / hour over the 4 years ($36k-48k value, depending), plus I'd save about $500 / month on rent (roughly $24k over 4 yrs) essentially meaning I'd have to pay back like 60-70k less just by those numbers alone. The problem with UW is that basically every 4 months (after the first year) you'll probably have to move cities for the COOP, which is good from an educational standpoint but as many other UW coop students have mentioned to me, it makes for a piss poor social life. But personally my BIG thing was that during Undergrad I didn't get out much, and I want to make some big changes in my life and I feel like Toronto has endless opportunities for socializing and personal growth. Not to mention I really got a better vibe from faculty/students at U of T than Waterloo. So I'm very very torn.

Last edited:
omg congratulations on getting accepted to Waterloo you guys! super great news. I hope whatever you choose is the best for your futures!

ayyy lmaoo i'm honestly shocked half the time when i find muslim people online hahah @Chemlover100

Anyone know what time the results gonna be out??

hopefully tomorrow sometime. preferably in the morning so we don't die from anticipation all day lol

I'm freaking out rn
Don't worry too much!!! In the end if it's meant to be it's meant to be, and if it doesn't work out then it's all for the best and you'll find some new opportunities elsewhere! Plus there's always next year, I'm a repeating applicant lmao it's not the end of the world!

Also i find it so funny that you chose Phopeful instead of hopephul

Nice to know their are Muslims active on the board, hopefully we all get to see each other in September.

What year are you guys in? I just graduated from UTM yesterday lolol

3rd year at York. It's my first time applying so I really don't know what to expect but I hope I get in cause I really don't wanna be stuck at York anymore

i didnt apply to waterloo but im surprised seeing
3rd year at York. It's my first time applying so I really don't know what to expect but I hope I get in cause I really don't wanna be stuck at York anymore
also 3rd year :)

Don't worry too much!!! In the end if it's meant to be it's meant to be, and if it doesn't work out then it's all for the best and you'll find some new opportunities elsewhere! Plus there's always next year, I'm a repeating applicant lmao it's not the end of the world!

Also i find it so funny that you chose Phopeful instead of hopephul
Thank you for the reassurance!

+ haha don't make me regret it

I'm on the same boat - first time applicant and am desperately trying to escape my uni! I know there are other options if I don't get in, but I really would like to leave

I just finished 2nd year lol. I was really surprised when I found out there weren't that many 2nd year applicants

I also just graduated on June 7 from UTM! I really hope I get in, I don't really know what I'll do next year if I don't.

EDIT: I just noticed how many of us are online right now XD Does SDN have a chat thing? Premedforums does, so if SDN does too, maybe we could all get on there to calm each others nerves :p

Last edited:
Lol who else had trouble sleeping. I've been waking up every hour :(:(

They also send us an email to say the decision is up... Maybe I'll just wait for that instead of constantly refreshing loool

They also send us an email to say the decision is up... Maybe I'll just wait for that instead of constantly refreshing loool

Technically tho the official notice isn't put up until next week. The secret link let's you see the decision early.

Technically tho the official notice isn't put up until next week. The secret link let's you see the decision early.
Oh true you're right... Okay let's just keep busy till 12 and then check lolol can't get too hyped

Yeah last year it came out at 12 on the link but not until later on the official website.

So wait, how do we know they will be posting it up today? Are we just speculating based off of past years?

So wait, how do we know they will be posting it up today? Are we just speculating based off of past years?
Yes, I've been reading through this year's and last year's threads, and there have been people who have found this pattern to be consistent since 2013. They seem to release the results a week before the actual tentative date posted online. It's always like this - the first Friday of June is the due date for submitting transcripts, and a week after that is when decisions are available online through the secret link. They're always a couple of days after uWaterloo.
Also, it's usually around noon or lunchtime that it's available through the secret link, and then notifications are available through email by the end of the day, around 5PM.

Yes, I've been reading through this year's and last year's threads, and there have been people who have found this pattern to be consistent since 2013. They seem to release the results a week before the actual tentative date posted online. It's always like this - the first Friday of June is the due date for submitting transcripts, and a week after that is when decisions are available online through the secret link. They're always a couple of days after uWaterloo.
Also, it's usually around noon or lunchtime that it's available through the secret link, and then notifications are available through email by the end of the day, around 5PM.
do u guys know if the secret link is reliable??

do u guys know if the secret link is reliable??
It seems to be. It's just like the "secret link" for the interview invitations. It's like this - the link is active, but there's no direct way to see it from the applicant website. They remove our access to the link from the "decisions" tab while they upload documents and letters. But if you have the link saved and enter it to try and view your decisions tab, you'll see it before it's made visible to us applicants.

One thing to keep in mind though, there's a reason why it's not visible to us. The equivalent link for interview invitations was not a finalised link, and people were noticing changes to their interview times and such when they used the secret link. I don't think this matters as much for the decisions link though because either they give you an offer, waitlist you, or reject you, it's not like they have to change things like interview date/time. So it should be pretty reliable. If they send an offer I assume they have to keep it that way.

I am about to die in anticipation! Why don't they upload it already!?!??!?!?!!? T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T

Long time lurker, but it'll be so exciting if the results come out today because it's also UT Pharmacy's convocation today :D

So it's past 12 and nothing yet. Who else is flipping tables?