University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else getting super anxious waiting to hear about interviews? I keep compulsively refreshing my email waiting to see something even though I know they wont send out invited until early March.
You will 100% get invited if all your PCAT scores and GPA meet cut-offs. Don't worry!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I am a PharmD student at UofT. I followed uoft pharmD forums for 2 yrs and never commented on anything but I think it can give hope to some of you if you hear my story:

I had a good cGPA around 85% but I had a failed course( biochemistry) and a C (organic chemistry) in my fourth year! On top of that, I had never taken full course load in undergrad. so that really scared me ,but didnt stop me from applying. so if you have a similar situation, just write to them and explain why you failed, it worked for me :) do NOT give up if you have a couple really bad grades because they dont just reject applicants based on a single stupid grade. The admissions process is really an average of all 3 parts (PCAT+GPA+MMI).

I applied twice. first time I was invited to interview but got rejected, my composite PCAT was low (74). but the year after, I studied hard and got a 95 composite , with a 99 on chemistry which I believe compensated for my bad biochem and orgo grades .

What Im trying to say is that nothing's impossible, if you have some negative points in your application, you still can improve your PCAT and also you have an MMI that you can ace!

Best of luck to those of you who truly want to be a pharmacist!

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else getting super anxious waiting to hear about interviews? I keep compulsively refreshing my email waiting to see something even though I know they wont send out invited until early March.
Yup, not a day goes by without the thought
Hi everyone! I am a PharmD student at UofT. I followed uoft pharmD forums for 2 yrs and never commented on anything but I think it can give hope to some of you if you hear my story:

I had a good cGPA around 85% but I had a failed course( biochemistry) and a C (organic chemistry) in my fourth year! On top of that, I had never taken full course load in undergrad. so that really scared me ,but didnt stop me from applying. so if you have a similar situation, just write to them and explain why you failed, it worked for me :) do NOT give up if you have a couple really bad grades because they dont just reject applicants based on a single stupid grade. The admissions process is really an average of all 3 parts (PCAT+GPA+MMI).

I applied twice. first time I was invited to interview but got rejected, my composite PCAT was low (74). but the year after, I studied hard and got a 95 composite , with a 99 on chemistry which I believe compensated for my bad biochem and orgo grades .

What Im trying to say is that nothing's impossible, if you have some negative points in your application, you still can improve your PCAT and also you have an MMI that you can ace!

Best of luck to those of you who truly want to be a pharmacist!

Thank you for this!
Could you give some tips on how to prepare for the MMI, including tips for the actual day? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You will 100% get invited if all your PCAT scores and GPA meet cut-offs. Don't worry!

Thank you.

So once everyone is invited for the interview, do your GPA/PCAT go out the window and everything is based on your interviews at that point? Or will they weight all three together? Not looking for a reason not to crush my interview but I have 3.7 GPA and 98 percentile PCAT and am not sure if that will play a factor at all.

I've applied to UoT and Waterloo but I REALLY want to get in at Toronto ;)

Hi, I was just wondering that what does 3.7 GPA convert to in percentage?

For U of T purposes a 3.7 is A- or 80-84% range

I contacted the admission office about converting letter grades to percentages in the case that your school only provides letter grades. Hope it helps.

For universities that grant letter grades we would use the following scale to calculate your cumulative university average:

A+ = 90

A = 85

A- = 81

B+ = 78

B = 75

B- = 71

C+ = 68

C = 65

C- = 61

D+ = 58

D = 55

D- = 51

E = 45

F = 40

One thing i didnt really like is that getting an A+ rounds down to a 90 but otherwise getting a B doesnt lower your cGPA too much

I contacted the admission office about converting letter grades to percentages in the case that your school only provides letter grades. Hope it helps.

For universities that grant letter grades we would use the following scale to calculate your cumulative university average:

A+ = 90

A = 85

A- = 81

B+ = 78

B = 75

B- = 71

C+ = 68

C = 65

C- = 61

D+ = 58

D = 55

D- = 51

E = 45

F = 40

One thing i didnt really like is that getting an A+ rounds down to a 90 but otherwise getting a B doesnt lower your cGPA too much

I'm under the same situation and had contacted the office about this as well. It's extremely frustrating because I was hoping my true university average, which is in the high 90's, would compensate for my sub-par interview skills. But now I feel slightly disadvantaged.

I'm under the same situation and had contacted the office about this as well. It's extremely frustrating because I was hoping my true university average, which is in the high 90's, would compensate for my sub-par interview skills. But now I feel slightly disadvantaged.

If your average is in high 90s, thats still an A+ or 4.0. No matter how you look at it, it's still way above average.

It's still possible for me to get an interview if I haven't finished one of the prerequisite courses (English) but I'm enrolled and taking it right now and indicated that it's in progress on the online application right?

It's still possible for me to get an interview if I haven't finished one of the prerequisite courses (English) but I'm enrolled and taking it right now and indicated that it's in progress on the online application right?
Yes. As you long as you finish all the pre-requisites by April 2017, you can still get an interview if your GPA and PCAT meet the the requirements.

Last edited:
I was wondering that do you have a decent chance of not only getting a interview but also getting the admission as long as you have a relatively high GPA and a decent 80 or slightly above PCAT score? Or does the PCAT score have to be in the 90s? That is to say, how much emphasis do they put on PCAT score vs. overall GPA?

I was wondering that do you have a decent chance of not only getting a interview but also getting the admission as long as you have a relatively high GPA and a decent 80 or slightly above PCAT score? Or does the PCAT score have to be in the 90s? That is to say, how much emphasis do they put on PCAT score vs. overall GPA?
I didn't really understand what you were saying for the first part...But you will get an interview if you meet the minimum average and PCAT. In terms of final admission, high GPA and PCAT will certainly help, but interview definitely plays an important role for the final selection. No one really knows how much each part (GPA, PCAT, Interview) weights, the school has their own formula that is not released to the public. And in terms of PCAT scores, they vary. From the past groups, it seems like people got in with PCAT composite ranging from 60-90s. GPA wise, people who had around low to mid 70s still got in. However, I know someone with high GPA (3.8) and 90s composite but didn't get in. So it really depends.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. As you long as you finish all the pre-requisites by April 2017, you can still get an interview if your GPA and PCAT meet the the requirements.

I thought the deadline was June 2nd to submit any courses that you're currently taking? The reason I ask is because I'm taking my course at an online university so it's not a typical university semester setup (i.e. it's not necessarily finished in April because it's done at your own pace) so is the actual deadline for finishing all prerequisites April or is it just as long as the grade is submitted by June 2nd?

I thought the deadline was June 2nd to submit any courses that you're currently taking? The reason I ask is because I'm taking my course at an online university so it's not a typical university semester setup (i.e. it's not necessarily finished in April because it's done at your own pace) so is the actual deadline for finishing all prerequisites April or is it just as long as the grade is submitted by June 2nd?
Yes, sorry my bad. You just need to have the final marks submitted before June 2nd. Most university courses end on April, so that's why I put that up there, but marks generally take awhile to come out. So you will be fine.

However, I know someone with high GPA (3.8) and 90s composite but didn't get in. So it really depends.

Damn... Would you say that person seems like they would do poorly on interviews?

Damn... Would you say that person seems like they would do poorly on interviews?
Um, I would say it's hard to tell since there are so many factors that the school considers, but it could be.

Hi, I just wanted to know if they still look at the grades you get in the courses you are currently taking this term?
My cGPA up to this point is 95% (so a 4.0), and I have a 99% composite with the lowest score on Critical Reading (80's).
I am taking one of the prereqs this term with a prof known for failing half his class. It is doubtful that I will fail, but it is possible that I might end up getting a bare passing grade.
Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, I just wanted to know if they still look at the grades you get in the courses you are currently taking this term?
My cGPA up to this point is 95% (so a 4.0), and I have a 99% composite with the lowest score on Critical Reading (80's).
I am taking one of the prereqs this term with a prof known for failing half his class. It is doubtful that I will fail, but it is possible that I might end up getting a bare passing grade.
Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, they will look at your marks from this semester. This is why you need to send them both preliminary transcripts (which were due last month), and final transcripts (due in June).

Does anyone know approximately when UofT sends interview invites? Or when they sent out interview invites in the past?

Does anyone know approximately when UofT sends interview invites? Or when they sent out interview invites in the past?
Hi layu, it should be out around early March. If you check the PDF files posted when you login to the applicant site, you should be able to find the one with all the important dates.

Do you guys think it'll be less competitive this year? Since they added more pre-req courses?

Do you guys think it'll be less competitive this year? Since they added more pre-req courses?
I don't think so.. The 2 major changes were the addition of physiology and english. People can easily fit these 2 into their schedule.

Possibly but unlikely. I am taking the newly added prereq course this year so I can still apply for this cycle.

it could possibly lower the requirements. Most english courses are rather hard to score an A in

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to practice for MMI other than grabbing a friend?
I practiced with a friend last year, but still bombed it.
I feel like I need a professional feedback on what I need to fix & stuff like that.
I just found out that they have mock interview sessions for MMI at UofT career centre but everything is fully booked :(
does anyone know if they I can still request to have 1:1 appointment at the career center for MMI?

not true. A+ does not mean only 90% for those unis that only offer grades. They just want this to see if u meet the cutoff.

Man, I really hope I get my interview in May so I can practice for it over my summer break. People who live out of state are sooo lucky because they get priority for the may interview. Isn't it kinda unfair for people who are currently attending university? Anyways, what are my chances of getting may interview if I selected that as my first priority?

Man, I really hope I get my interview in May so I can practice for it over my summer break. People who live out of state are sooo lucky because they get priority for the may interview. Isn't it kinda unfair for people who are currently attending university? Anyways, what are my chances of getting may interview if I selected that as my first priority?

It doesn't really matter what you think is fair or not. Life isn't fair, everyone has different circumstances but you need to be able to balance and prioritize if you're going to be a pharmacist. Life doesn't go on hold just because you have something important to do. Yeah, exams are coming soon after the first weekend of April, and you will need to buckle up and manage your time wisely to ensure success at the interview and your exams. So it goes.

Also it's not exactly feasible for people outside of Ontario to take time to travel across the country or even internationally right before exam time. Even if you live outside of Toronto (as I do), it will be only a mild inconvenience for us compared with those students from outside of Ontario. We can travel to and from Toronto on the weekend no problem, but they likely can't and would need to miss classes leading up to exams. They should get the interview deferred until May, no question.

Yea your right, but its still an huge advantage regardless

It doesn't really matter what you think is fair or not. Life isn't fair, everyone has different circumstances but you need to be able to balance and prioritize if you're going to be a pharmacist. Life doesn't go on hold just because you have something important to do. Yeah, exams are coming soon after the first weekend of April, and you will need to buckle up and manage your time wisely to ensure success at the interview and your exams. So it goes.

Also it's not exactly feasible for people outside of Ontario to take time to travel across the country or even internationally right before exam time. Even if you live outside of Toronto (as I do), it will be only a mild inconvenience for us compared with those students from outside of Ontario. We can travel to and from Toronto on the weekend no problem, but they likely can't and would need to miss classes leading up to exams. They should get the interview deferred until May, no question.

It's not 100% official yet. It may change next week because mine got changed when I applied last year too.

oh, I really hope it changes. So, do I keep each day to see if it changes or will be notified?

btw are u not from Toronto?

oh, I really hope it changes. So, do I keep each day to see if it changes or will be notified?

btw are u not from Toronto?
Im a 4th year u of t undergrad. The office will send you an email when the official result is up. Don't worry too much!

I asked one of my friends if we have to keep up with whats going around the world. He said, "no, just use your brain/logic... they just want to see how you think"

Thoughts? because I don't really keep up with the news

Last edited:
If I click on the link I quoted, then yes, but not an official email/notice in the "Notifications" section yet. That's why I was wondering if it's fake or not.

naa I don't think its fake.

Anyone know how important the PCAT score is after receiving an interview?
My CGPA is around 80% but I only scored 62 percentile.

Anyone know how important the PCAT score is after receiving an interview?
My CGPA is around 80% but I only scored 62 percentile.

as far as I know, its an average of 3

yea okay so that link is real. One of my friends sadly didn't get it following that link

So when do the interviews become official?
I'm too excited

"These conservative preliminary PCAT score thresholds were met by approximately 85 percent of the total applicant pool; however, subsequent to interviews and during final selections, the Faculty may raise minimum PCAT requirements at its discretion"

should be worried that they may raise the CR section to 30+. I got 29 in CR and 93 overall. I hope they don't change the CR minimum requirement. Did they ever change the requirements before?