University of Waterloo c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do the essay last. You can cut yourself off and make a great closing statement on the fly. The comprehension test, not so much. You may want to answer all the questions they throw at you, so do that first.

Members don't see this ad.

i have been reading about UofT's interview questions, and they do seem quite specific (such that they would give u situations and ask u what to do in them) and difficult. the atmosphere over there seems to be very strict and cold..

to those who have done the waterloo interview, was the panel cold and serious or were they more friendly and asked general questions?

Do the essay last. You can cut yourself off and make a great closing statement on the fly. The comprehension test, not so much. You may want to answer all the questions they throw at you, so do that first.

thats good..i have a tendency to blab on and on in essays so its better to answer the questions first and get them over with quickly LOL :smuggrin:

thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i have been reading about UofT's interview questions, and they do seem quite specific (such that they would give u situations and ask u what to do in them) and difficult. the atmosphere over there seems to be very strict and cold..

to those who have done the waterloo interview, was the panel cold and serious or were they more friendly and asked general questions?

Pretty general. Like, job interview general. And UofT interview was intense, I did mine in March...haha.

Pretty general. Like, job interview general. And UofT interview was intense, I did mine in March...haha.

oh ok thanx..tbh i freaked out a little when i saw some of the questions the UofT applicants were asked..hopefully waterloo wont be as bad:xf:

thanks!

oh btw are the q's MC? or short answer?

Which UofT interview quesitions are you talking about?

Which UofT interview quesitions are you talking about?

if u go to articles & interviews at the top of the page and click interview feedback for pharmacy, u can choose the school u want and read couple of their questions. i think there were only 3 questions for UofT there.

i couldnt find a Waterloo's interview feedback though

the general feel seems to be quite negative at UofT

does anyone know if we can use our health card as our ID?

if u go to articles & interviews at the top of the page and click interview feedback for pharmacy, u can choose the school u want and read couple of their questions. i think there were only 3 questions for UofT there.

i couldnt find a Waterloo's interview feedback though

the general feel seems to be quite negative at UofT

I checked out that page you mentioned. Does anyone know when u of t adopted the MMI? The dates for those interview feedbacks were 2005-2007. And it seems to me the 3 example questions weren't as situational as what I'd expect from MMI questions...which is not necessarily a good thing =P

good luck to everybody with interviews this weekend! i look forward to meeting some of you!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend had his interview today and this is some information I have:

Everyone was plesant and friendly. And the interviewers were nice as well. The questions they asked were typical things you would expect, behaviour/situaiton type of questions.The RC wasn't too bad as well. They give you 80 mins this year (last year you only had 60 minutes). Overall, NOT a nerve-wracking experience, and pharmacy students were there to help you with anything.

Thanks for sharing Waterloowannabe,
Was the RC short answers or M/C?
And was the essay still summarizing a journal article? or were you free to write anything about a given topic?
Also if you don't mind me asking, what kind of presentation did you do?

Thanks for the answers in advance. :)

Thanks for sharing Waterloowannabe,
Was the RC short answers or M/C?
And was the essay still summarizing a journal article? or were you free to write anything about a given topic?
Also if you don't mind me asking, what kind of presentation did you do?

Thanks for the answers in advance. :)
RC was short answer
the essay was on a broad topic/opinion unrelated to the journal article
My presentation was just talking about some of the challenges I faced in life, I didn't do anything creative or unique :p

Thanks again Waterloowannabe.

Now this scares me a bit :scared:, I've never done a RC test that's not M/C before. So if it's written short answer; we're kind of free to write anything? We have to write everything by hand correct? No typing on a computer?

It's a relief to know that I don't have to summarize a journal article. :)

yep, by hand!
and u shud answer the question the best you can...
good luck!

Thank you so much. :)

BTW, is there a place for us to leave our belongings/backpacks while we write the exam?

You good luck too! I hope we both get accepted. :)

you leave it at the front of the room for the RC
and take it into the room with you for the interview
Is yours tom?

Don't be!
If you have an undergrad in science, you will have experienced something similar before.

so, how has everyone's interviews been going so far? =)

so, how has everyone's interviews been going so far? =)

To be honest I didnt do really well on answering questions, but i did fine on the presentation. :oops::oops: Well, dont know how much the presentation weight. I think I messed up 2-3 questions during the interview. My brain couldnt even process when I was trying to answer some of the questions. ugh...

Also from what they said before the written part, I feel like the written part only has fail or pass. If you failed one of the sections, they wouldnt even look at your interview score.

You have to pass both written and oral. You fail one, it's game over.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where should the final official transcript be sent to? The Registrar's Office or the School of Pharmacy?

Registrar's Office to Julie Pocock, if I am not mistaken.

Umm.. did we already ask the university to send the final transcript before we paid the application fee?

Should we wait until the class averages have shown up on the transcript? I've got all my marks now, except the class avg for the final semester is still missing.

Should we wait until the class averages have shown up on the transcript? I've got all my marks now, except the class avg for the final semester is still missing.
I dont think so but please dont quote me on this. My transcript doesnt include class avg anyway. Getting your marks on the transcript is one thing, the transcript is being released is another thing. Transcripts are usually released in late May.

My question: does anyone have trouble logging into your Quest Account?

Don't need class averages. Just send in your final grades and you're good to go!

As for logging into Quest, I don't have any problems, no.

My question: does anyone have trouble logging into your Quest Account?
No trouble for me. Try contacting their IT department. Last time I had an issue logging in. IIRC, it was because I had not signed into my Quest account for a long time.

No trouble for me. Try contacting their IT department. Last time I had an issue logging in. IIRC, it was because I had not signed into my Quest account for a long time.

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I already contacted them and I can log into it now.
Ahhh the wait is so longg..:(

Tell me about it...it seems like forever doesn't it? =P

Counting down the days until june 13th. Still earlier than u of t =P

Good luck to you all! See you in January! (Maybe. If I don't get into UofT)