University of Waterloo c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow 20 people online! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
come oooooon it's 12 p.m I remmber that in the last thread they send yhe invitayion at 4 p.m I will log into the last thread and cheack out for you guys

congrats for all who got the invitaion that mean they start to send the e-mails and we are waiting for our turns

congrats for all who got the invitaion that mean they start to send the e-mails and we are waiting for our turns
Weta, let me know when you get it. because i havent got it yet

Members don't see this ad :)
got an invitation! mine went to my junk mail!

I got the e-mail I am out good luck for everybody else I will try again next year

lol wtf 85% average got rejected for an interview... wtf.....guess UofT interview is my only option .... ****....

yeah me too wetta
I was expecting to be rejected I am missing 2 courses and I got 6 instead of 7 in the ilets exam so I will complete the prerequesitives and try again.
why you get rejecte king?

lol wtf 85% average got rejected for an interview... wtf.....guess UofT interview is my only option .... ****....
are you missing courses from what they asked for?

no i dont think so? omg lol the ****eryness....

Anyone mind posting their stats lol still puzzled 85-86% 3.77GPA got rejected for interview wtf>????

Anyone mind posting their stats lol still puzzled 85-86% 3.77GPA got rejected for interview wtf>????
I got an interview with a 3.4 GPA. I guess your LOR or personal profile did not meet their expectations. Hard luck, try again next year because your GPA is very good.

i got rejected with a 79 average but i had lots of volunteer work. congrats to the people who got an interview.

I really dont wtf happened.
LOR from physician
Currently working at Public Health Agency of Canada as Epidemiologist.
Journal Articles published regarding drug research...
Volunteerd in Hospital pharmacy.... I was like honestly WTF happened! lmfao so pissed.... oh well i still have my uoft interview....

Also graduating with my Masters....wow wtf i need to do get a ****en interview at this school....

Also graduating with my Masters....wow wtf i need to do get a ****en interview at this school....
lol I got rejected w/ a 3.85ish GPA (avg 86-87ish) LOR from pharmacist and some E/C.. Maybe b/c I'm out-of-province? I'm beyond pissed

btw congratz to those who got into the interview round!

sigh...this ****en school....ok **** it UofT I am banking all on you now .....

Congrats to all got an interview... must of had some crazy E/Cs

I've heard from people already in the pharmacy program that Waterloo doesn't really look into an applicants marks too much. They just look to see that your average is over 75% and that you have the required courses. If you have these two things, then it is all about your LOR and what kind of person you are as indicated on your profile. I'm shocked at how many people did not get interviews though. I wonder how many people they are inviting for interviews.

anyone wanna share their E/Cs??? To help out the ppl who got rejected for next cycle LOL

I guess they don't look at GPA much, 3.79cgpa. I should've known before wasting $200 dollars, my ECs weren't much and had only 3 months volunteer experience working at a pharmacy. Also banking on U of T now :(, but since I've finished my interview I just need to submit final grades I guess.

I guess they don't look at GPA much, 3.79cgpa. I should've known before wasting $200 dollars, my ECs weren't much and had only 3 months volunteer experience working at a pharmacy. Also banking on U of T now :(, but since I've finished my interview I just need to submit final grades I guess.
Would you like to share your experience in U of T interview? how do you feel? :p I will do mine in May.

messed up 2-3 stations (at least from my perspective). just two tips really: keep calm and wear a suit. Also, try to learn how to deal with awkward situations, i.e. staring and not talking XD

messed up 2-3 stations (at least from my perspective). just two tips really: keep calm and wear a suit. Also, try to learn how to deal with awkward situations, i.e. staring and not talking XD

hahaha this is funny! So they just stare at you without saying anything?? They are so evil!:p:p:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL how were the collaboration and debate stations? those seemed really hard.. I'm doing my UT interview in May =P

Lol guess i'll see you all in may LOL

anyone wanna share their E/Cs??? To help out the ppl who got rejected for next cycle LOL

I've had a paid position at a pharmacy for 2 years and my LOR was from the pharmacist who I worked with. I've had various other jobs as well. Other ECs included tutoring English, orientation leader, and volunteering for a mentoring program.

guys, i didn't get anything. Not a yes and not a no. no email from them what so ever.

what does that mean? there is nothing in my junk folder either!

anyone else not get anything what so ever??? or did everyone either get a rejection or invitation??

i've been checking my email all day waiting for this email

Last edited:
guys, i didn't get anything. Not a yes and not a no. no email from them what so ever.

what does that mean? there is nothing in my junk folder either!

anyone else not get anything what so ever??? or did everyone either get a rejection or invitation??

i've been checking my email all day waiting for this email

Hey
I think you should check your junk folder. Im sure they sent/will send one no matter if you are invited.

lol yeah, I got an offer when I applied for the last minute 2012 admissions. long story short, I was missing microbio and it somehow got overlooked so we made a deal that if I passed a microbio course, I'm guaranteed a reserved seat for 2013.

I've already passed the course and I still have a final to do haha. I also applied to U of T though, so we'll see how that one plays out.

Congrats to all the people who got interviews!

congrats to all those who got an interview! :)
just wondering, how are you guys preparing for it? i seem kinda lost about the 5-10 minutes presentation :confused:

Hey
I think you should check your junk folder. Im sure they sent/will send one no matter if you are invited.

i kept checking both inbox and junk. Still got nothing in both.

So everyone who applied got an email today right? whether it was interview or rejection?

or does not getting an email at all mean rejection?

i kept checking both inbox and junk. Still got nothing in both.

So everyone who applied got an email today right? whether it was interview or rejection?

or does not getting an email at all mean rejection?
Because in this forum people how got rejected got an email as well. Maybe you should email them in this case.

lol yeah, I got an offer when I applied for the last minute 2012 admissions. long story short, I was missing microbio and it somehow got overlooked so we made a deal that if I passed a microbio course, I'm guaranteed a reserved seat for 2013.

I've already passed the course and I still have a final to do haha. I also applied to U of T though, so we'll see how that one plays out.

Congrats to all the people who got interviews!
Do you have any suggestions for the little presentation? and do you minding sharing what kind of questions they would like to ask?:rolleyes:

It's literally: do anything to give a wonderful first impression to the panel of three who will be interviewing you for the first 5-10 minutes. They give you 10 but you don't have to go that long if you can't.

For the interview part, it's the generic interview: motivation to be a pharmacist, traits you might have that are important to the profession, etc. The questions were all straightforward and they'll ask you stuff on what you said.

It's not hard, just nerve wracking. :(

It's literally: do anything to give a wonderful first impression to the panel of three who will be interviewing you for the first 5-10 minutes. They give you 10 but you don't have to go that long if you can't.

For the interview part, it's the generic interview: motivation to be a pharmacist, traits you might have that are important to the profession, etc. The questions were all straightforward and they'll ask you stuff on what you said.

It's not hard, just nerve wracking. :(

Do they ask any hypothetical question like if you are in this situation, what would you do? And any questions to test creativity or problem solving?

does anyone know whether they will interrupt you for the first 5-10 minutes of your interview, or is it like a speech that you give and they just watch you?

also, how long is the reading and writing component of the exam? finally, is the writing component pharmacy-related? thanks