You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPEI AVC C/O 2028
Started by MintyMoose
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
First time international applicant! Is anyone else writing a letter of explanation for a prereq not meeting their stipulations? I have Statistics planned for Spring ‘24 and am hoping that “I’m a nontrad student and the course wasn’t required for my degree in undergrad” is a good enough reason for an exception 😅
Yes, I had to write one for this cycle. I forgot to last year so I was rejected fast lolFirst time international applicant! Is anyone else writing a letter of explanation for a prereq not meeting their stipulations? I have Statistics planned for Spring ‘24 and am hoping that “I’m a nontrad student and the course wasn’t required for my degree in undergrad” is a good enough reason for an exception 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
first time international 🙂
first year international AVC student. LMK if you have any questionsHi all, I didn't see a thread for UPEI yet for this application cycle so I decided to make one 🙂 I am a second-time international applicant
Hello! Would you mind sending me your stats?first year international AVC student. LMK if you have any questions
Not yet. Last cycle it was sent out mid-OctoberHas anyone heard from them about the processing fee yet?
sydney_charette
Full Member
Got an application confirmation email this morning 🙂
same here!!
me too!same here!!
First time NS applicant, I just submitted my application (I'm scared)
Fourth time NS applicant here, best of luck and my advice is don’t give up!First time NS applicant, I just submitted my application (I'm scared)
I am under the same belief reading through the prior years’ threads.It sounds like international applicants will hear about interviews by the end of October!
Does anyone happen to know how large their international applicant pool is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was also in an email I got today confirming that I had an outstanding prereqI am under the same belief reading through the prior years’ threads.
Does anyone happen to know how large their international applicant pool is?
Yup!Did anyone else just get an email that your application is currently being reviewed 😵💫
I received an email about paying supplemental fee todayDid anyone else just get an email that your application is currently being reviewed 😵💫
Does anyone know if they only do one wave of interviews for international applicants ?
how did that email read? i got one that said my app was being reviewed and then a second email to activate my portal. At the bottom it saysI received an email about paying supplemental fee today
"Within 5 business days of this email, you will receive two emails from [email protected]. These will be your username and password for the application fee payment site." is the application fee site different than the admission portal?
I received that same email on Friday But I haven’t received any follow up emails since.how did that email read? i got one that said my app was being reviewed and then a second email to activate my portal. At the bottom it says
"Within 5 business days of this email, you will receive two emails from [email protected]. These will be your username and password for the application fee payment site." is the application fee site different than the admission portal?
Following…Does anyone know if they only do one wave of interviews for international applicants ?
So I just got the emails to pay the fee, but the username and password that they mention aren't listed (it's just blank). Did it go through with actual login info for any of you guys?
Edit: They sent me another email in response to me asking about this, this time asking for a tuition deposit? I’m so confused. And the username field is still blank lol
Edit: They sent me another email in response to me asking about this, this time asking for a tuition deposit? I’m so confused. And the username field is still blank lol
Last edited:
YellowYolk413
Full Member
There are separate emails sent with a specific link and PIN for paying the application fee. I think it's through the same portal but just a specific secured link. I received the email for the application fee today, about 10 days after receiving the portal activation email.how did that email read? i got one that said my app was being reviewed and then a second email to activate my portal. At the bottom it says
"Within 5 business days of this email, you will receive two emails from [email protected]. These will be your username and password for the application fee payment site." is the application fee site different than the admission portal?
Not yet! I’m hoping it’ll be within the next couple of days based on past threadsAnyone hear anything about interviews? I'm totally getting anxious
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last handful of cycles they heard back already. I’m wondering if there were more applicants this year and that’s why it’s taking longer.
Congrats!! Did they give both in-person and virtual options, if you don’t mind me asking?Just got an interview!
Thank you!! It looks like just virtual from the email, but maybe once I get more details they might also have in-person options as wellCongrats!! Did they give both in-person and virtual options, if you don’t mind me asking?
sydney_charette
Full Member
just got an interview as well!
Wondering the exact same. I wonder if interviews have been staggered in the past ?Congratulations to everyone interviewing! 🙂 Did y’all all get yours at the same time? Trying to gauge whether a rejection is imminent lol
Someone in a pre-vet Facebook group mentioned receiving theirs around 2pm and the invite posts in this thread are timestamped 10am-noon for me so unless they’re all in different timezones invites miiight be staggered? Could be wishful thinking though 🥲
I can’t imagine a lot of people would decline a virtual interview this early in the cycle as far as a second wave after responses honestly, but who knows
I can’t imagine a lot of people would decline a virtual interview this early in the cycle as far as a second wave after responses honestly, but who knows
I had the same thought. Is it possible that they haven't sent all interview invites yet? I hope so.Someone in a pre-vet Facebook group mentioned receiving theirs around 2pm and the invite posts in this thread are timestamped 10am-noon for me so unless they’re all in different timezones invites miiight be staggered? Could be wishful thinking though 🥲
I can’t imagine a lot of people would decline a virtual interview this early in the cycle as far as a second wave after responses honestly, but who knows
Rejected from PEI
rejected also.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven’t heard either and my letter was included in my initial app, I think they may be staggering them to some extent? It seems like this year is a little different than past cycles as far as timelinehmm weird, I haven't heard anything from UPEI yet either way after I submitted my letter of explanation for a prerequisite being taken in a part time semester a couple weeks ago. is there a chance their decisions are coming through somewhat staggered?
The-Doctor
New Member
I got my rejection email like 10 minutes ago lol
Has anyone heard anything after accepting your interview offer? I responded the day I received the email, but still haven’t heard anything.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 142
- Views
- 17K