UPenn decisions

Started by deuce
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EEeep! "Penn Admissions is currently down for maintenance. Please check back later"?!?!?!?! This is going to be the longest commute to work (more importantly, to my internet access at work) ever!
 
Nope...I'm a med student at Penn and I just checked for you guys. There is nothing posted anywhere near the admissions office about the decisions. The only thing posted outside the door are the 2007 match list results. Trust me, outside the admissions committee, you guys will be the first to know (on the webpage). I know it's hard, but just try to relax a little bit (and maybe limit yourself to checking the status page once every couple of hours). If I were you, I would unplug my computer (or at least the ethernet cable) and watch a movie or something. That's a good way to distract yourself and kill a couple of hours. Well, in any case, good luck to all of you! Hope to see you all at 2nd Look!

Chill students like you are exactly the reason I want to go to Penn so badly. "Luckily" I have class for the rest of the morning...But maybe I can check on my laptop in biochem...
 
Chill students like you are exactly the reason I want to go to Penn so badly. "Luckily" I have class for the rest of the morning...But maybe I can check on my laptop in biochem...

Oh, my laptop is so coming with me to biophysical chem. Although the imminent groan/sigh may be a bit embarrassing...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, my laptop is so coming with me to biophysical chem. Although the imminent groan/sigh may be a bit embarrassing...

Haha, yes. Luckily my class (there are only 11 of us, yay small schools) knows what I'm going through and so we might have a moment of celebration/mourning...
 
If I were you, I would unplug my computer (or at least the ethernet cable) and watch a movie or something.

I should tell my boss that. Hey boss, I know you really want me to work, but instead I'm just refreshing the Penn site. So, I'm not really doing anything anyway. I'm just going to go ahead and unplug my computer.
 
Alright, I'm going to go shower at 10:01... Hopefully it will be updated before or after then...
 
i dont know why we're so dead-set on today. it could easily be later in the week right? Does anyone know the turnaround from "check again later" on the status page to decisions last year?

hey, its better than snail mail or expecting phone calls within a ''date range''
 
i dont know why we're so dead-set on today. it could easily be later in the week right? Does anyone know the turnaround from "check again later" on the status page to decisions last year?

hey, its better than snail mail or expecting phone calls within a ''date range''

I think theoretically it could be any day this week. But SDNers have posted saying they called the school and were told to expect it today. Also the MD/PhD folks were told today via email. So it sounds like they're at least shooting for today...
 
i dont know why we're so dead-set on today. it could easily be later in the week right? Does anyone know the turnaround from "check again later" on the status page to decisions last year?

hey, its better than snail mail or expecting phone calls within a ''date range''

I think it's today because current MD/PhD students are supposed to start calling accepted students tomorrow regarding Penn Preview.
 
EEeep! "Penn Admissions is currently down for maintenance. Please check back later"?!?!?!?! This is going to be the longest commute to work (more importantly, to my internet access at work) ever!

Man, still nothing? Well, at least I didn't get pulled over for speeding. 😉

So much for getting anything accomplished this morning....

Amen to that.
 
Man, still nothing? Well, at least I didn't get pulled over for speeding. 😉



Amen to that.

I am at work and I find myself checking every 30 min or so, I guess thats not too crazy.... Im just going to be dissapointed I hate this
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the "maintenance" is most likely them uploading all the "acceptance/waitlists" to the website

has anyone called to see how long this will take?
 
Seriously. This wait is excruciating.

Definitely... I'm even at the point of wondering what time they take a lunchbreak... If it's not done by noon, does that mean it'll be 1:00 or 1:30 at the earliest?? Ah! The wait is the worst. If anyone calls to ask when the decisions will be up, make sure you post!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlist, Tier 1. Anyone know what this actually means? I assume Tier 1 is better than Tier 2...
 
GRARRGGG! I'm getting a file not found message instead of the login page...!!! 👎
 
now I'm getting "file not found"

someone please post the link, in case i'm using the wrong one?
 
Freaking out here... Still no email for me, and the website is still saying "file not found"...
 
"A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS BEEN ENCOUNTERED. OUR STAFF HAS BEEN NOTIFIED"?

I'm about to barf here. is anyone getting the same message?
 
THanks for the link. I finally got the login page, but it says "techinical problem encountered" when i login.

maybe they're loading by tier... everyone so far is tier one right?
 
Maybe it means you have a different status than us (i.e. accepted??). Just like the Harvard Fin Aid page.

I doubt it. I'm getting the "access to this panel is denied" message too. I haven't logged in or told the website anything about who I am, so I doubt it means anything.

blah
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have "access to panel is denied" as well, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean acceptance because they never even interviewed me...🙁
 
Maybe it means you have a different status than us (i.e. accepted??). Just like the Harvard Fin Aid page.

No, it's what I get when I just try to load the login page, so they have no idea of knowing who I am so it can't (please please please) mean anything.