-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPenn decisions
Started by deuce
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nope...I'm a med student at Penn and I just checked for you guys. There is nothing posted anywhere near the admissions office about the decisions. The only thing posted outside the door are the 2007 match list results. Trust me, outside the admissions committee, you guys will be the first to know (on the webpage). I know it's hard, but just try to relax a little bit (and maybe limit yourself to checking the status page once every couple of hours). If I were you, I would unplug my computer (or at least the ethernet cable) and watch a movie or something. That's a good way to distract yourself and kill a couple of hours. Well, in any case, good luck to all of you! Hope to see you all at 2nd Look!
Chill students like you are exactly the reason I want to go to Penn so badly. "Luckily" I have class for the rest of the morning...But maybe I can check on my laptop in biochem...
Chill students like you are exactly the reason I want to go to Penn so badly. "Luckily" I have class for the rest of the morning...But maybe I can check on my laptop in biochem...
Oh, my laptop is so coming with me to biophysical chem. Although the imminent groan/sigh may be a bit embarrassing...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, my laptop is so coming with me to biophysical chem. Although the imminent groan/sigh may be a bit embarrassing...
Haha, yes. Luckily my class (there are only 11 of us, yay small schools) knows what I'm going through and so we might have a moment of celebration/mourning...
If I were you, I would unplug my computer (or at least the ethernet cable) and watch a movie or something.
I should tell my boss that. Hey boss, I know you really want me to work, but instead I'm just refreshing the Penn site. So, I'm not really doing anything anyway. I'm just going to go ahead and unplug my computer.
i dont know why we're so dead-set on today. it could easily be later in the week right? Does anyone know the turnaround from "check again later" on the status page to decisions last year?
hey, its better than snail mail or expecting phone calls within a ''date range''
hey, its better than snail mail or expecting phone calls within a ''date range''
Z
zimmie256
i dont know why we're so dead-set on today. it could easily be later in the week right? Does anyone know the turnaround from "check again later" on the status page to decisions last year?
hey, its better than snail mail or expecting phone calls within a ''date range''
I think theoretically it could be any day this week. But SDNers have posted saying they called the school and were told to expect it today. Also the MD/PhD folks were told today via email. So it sounds like they're at least shooting for today...
i dont know why we're so dead-set on today. it could easily be later in the week right? Does anyone know the turnaround from "check again later" on the status page to decisions last year?
hey, its better than snail mail or expecting phone calls within a ''date range''
I think it's today because current MD/PhD students are supposed to start calling accepted students tomorrow regarding Penn Preview.
EEeep! "Penn Admissions is currently down for maintenance. Please check back later"?!?!?!?! This is going to be the longest commute to work (more importantly, to my internet access at work) ever!
Man, still nothing? Well, at least I didn't get pulled over for speeding. 😉
So much for getting anything accomplished this morning....
Amen to that.
Man, still nothing? Well, at least I didn't get pulled over for speeding. 😉
Amen to that.
I am at work and I find myself checking every 30 min or so, I guess thats not too crazy.... Im just going to be dissapointed I hate this
I am at work and I find myself checking every 30 min or so, I guess thats not too crazy.... Im just going to be dissapointed I hate this
I feel a headache coming on...
Z
zimmie256
How long could this "maintenance" really take??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long could this "maintenance" really take??
Long enough to drive us all crazy.
Z
zimmie256
Seriously. This wait is excruciating.
Definitely... I'm even at the point of wondering what time they take a lunchbreak... If it's not done by noon, does that mean it'll be 1:00 or 1:30 at the earliest?? Ah! The wait is the worst. If anyone calls to ask when the decisions will be up, make sure you post!
It's Up!!!
What? I'm still getting the maintenance message...a.rgggggggggggggggggggggggg!
It's Up!!!
liar. and i was supposed to cry wolf!
Z
zimmie256
It's Up!!!
Is this a joke??? Not for me it's not!
Z
zimmie256
It's Up!!!
That was mean Durden!
My heart's racing...
edit: Sorry for saying you're mean if it really is up for you...
It's up....Waitlist Tier 1
ok its up and its asking for username password
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That makes the decision a hell of a lot easier for me😳 Best of luck everyone!
Waitlist, Tier 1. Anyone know what this actually means? I assume Tier 1 is better than Tier 2...
"Top of Tier 1">Tier 1>Tier 2
Z
zimmie256
Freaking out here... Still no email for me, and the website is still saying "file not found"...
https://www.med.upenn.edu/apps/my/index.php?_app_id=4607e9689fce0&_display=1&_hist_id=1&_preserve[init_panel]=admissions%2Fmain&PHPSESSID=a59eff206af4a6e8f07b3be53bcb0cbe
Good luck you guys.
Good luck you guys.
Freaking out here... Still no email for me, and the website is still saying "file not found"...
I'm getting "Access to Panel is Denied" when I try to get the login page.
I am getting the same message "access to this panel is denied"
Maybe it means you have a different status than us (i.e. accepted??). Just like the Harvard Fin Aid page.
Z
zimmie256
I'm getting "Access to Panel is Denied" when I try to get the login page.
Me too Foo! This is what I'm getting now as well... .AAAHHHHHHHHH
Maybe it means you have a different status than us (i.e. accepted??). Just like the Harvard Fin Aid page.
I doubt it. I'm getting the "access to this panel is denied" message too. I haven't logged in or told the website anything about who I am, so I doubt it means anything.
blah
I'm getting "Access to Panel is Denied" when I try to get the login page.
I get "please enter your PennKey..." Do we have PennKeys? What is a PennKey?
Is this good news? Maybe it's like the good finaid message at HMS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe it means you have a different status than us (i.e. accepted??). Just like the Harvard Fin Aid page.
No, it's what I get when I just try to load the login page, so they have no idea of knowing who I am so it can't (please please please) mean anything.
blargh. Access to this panel is denied.
I'm calling my WL tier 2 before it happens.
folks.
I'm calling my WL tier 2 before it happens.
folks.https://www.med.upenn.edu/apps/my/index.php?_app_id=4607eaa66d15e&_display=1&_hist_id=1&_preserve[init_panel]=admissions%2Fmain&PHPSESSID=85db4cf7dd0be597d4b72bbc2f1e3405
TRY THIS!
TRY THIS!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 980
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K