USC 2009-2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
almost 2 weeks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey you guys, I have a question:

So at my interview, I thought it went great. But now thinking about it, my interviewers did not ask everything about my experiences. They mostly asked about my job, and I do have more pharmacy experience than just my job (etc. volunteering). But I just didn't want to add a bunch of stuff that they did not ask for at the interview. I just answered to the questions they asked. However, all the pharm experiences were mentioned on my application. Except that I felt my interviewers didn't read everything before the interview, b/c they were scanning through my secondary application the first couple of minutes before knowing what to ask me.

So my question is: Just b/c the rest of my experiences were not mentioned in the interview, does it mean they will be overlooked when they review my entire application? Will it affect my interview score?

Hey you guys, I have a question:

So at my interview, I thought it went great. But now thinking about it, my interviewers did not ask everything about my experiences. They mostly asked about my job, and I do have more pharmacy experience than just my job (etc. volunteering). But I just didn't want to add a bunch of stuff that they did not ask for at the interview. I just answered to the questions they asked. However, all the pharm experiences were mentioned on my application. Except that I felt my interviewers didn't read everything before the interview, b/c they were scanning through my secondary application the first couple of minutes before knowing what to ask me.

So my question is: Just b/c the rest of my experiences were not mentioned in the interview, does it mean they will be overlooked when they review my entire application? Will it affect my interview score?

I'm pretty sure you're fine. I never got asked the typical Why Pharmacy, Why do you want to go USC or any of that. They kind of just got straight into talking about what i wanted to do after school, where I see myself in 10 years, that kind of stuff.

If its mentioned in your application somewhere, I'm sure they will see it when they review your file. Good Luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure you're fine. I never got asked the typical Why Pharmacy, Why do you want to go USC or any of that. They kind of just got straight into talking about what i wanted to do after school, where I see myself in 10 years, that kind of stuff.

If its mentioned in your application somewhere, I'm sure they will see it when they review your file. Good Luck! :)

Thank you!

It's my dream school! I hope I get in soon.

I wrote a Letter of Intent last year. One-Two months later, I was accepted off the AC. Like mentioned before, it won't hurt, but there's no proof that it is even taken into consideration.

I wrote a Letter of Intent last year. One-Two months later, I was accepted off the AC. Like mentioned before, it won't hurt, but there's no proof that it is even taken into consideration.

What was mentioned in this letter of intent? Was it mostly "your intention of going to Pharmacy school" or was it more like "why usc your top choice"???

Thanks

So I guess we (the March interviewers) can start hearing as soon as Saturday... right? :eek::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok, just asking because SAID is a common egyptian last name, thats all.

Oh okay. well the NSAID stands for "Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug"

Pharm term! :)

We'll all learn it soon enough!

Oh okay. well the NSAID stands for "Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug"

Pharm term! :)

We'll all learn it soon enough!

Ohhh ok cool. So am I the only one thats super nervousss about next week!?

Ohhh ok cool. So am I the only one thats super nervousss about next week!?

Definitely not! I've got spring break next week, so I'll either have a lot of time to celebrate :thumbup: :soexcited: or to wallow in misery :thumbdown: :cry:. I'm hoping for choice A :p

Hey guys, question:

Does anyone know percent breakdown of everything?
For acceptance: how much does interview count? What about gpa? And everything else...

hi guys,

first off, good luck to everyone

I have yet to hear back (sounds like we're all in that boat)
but, if we DO get in... I was wondering if you think Student Loans could cover a budget of ~ $1,500 / month (bonus to school expenses)

I was hoping to get a place on my own, which would cost me around 1k per month... hoping to have the extra 500 for groceries, gas, etc

Does this sound reasonable? If not, then if we DO get in, I may be interested in one of you as a roommate (housemate preferably, I do not wish to share a room)

Actually... I was also considering the on-campus living situation but wasn't sure what that was like - is it a dorm room? I have a cat and I want to bring her to LA with me :( I also don't want to sleep on a twin-sized bed, I want to bring my queen-sized tempurpedic! Would that be at all possible in on-campus housing??

hi guys,

first off, good luck to everyone

I have yet to hear back (sounds like we're all in that boat)
but, if we DO get in... I was wondering if you think Student Loans could cover a budget of ~ $1,500 / month (bonus to school expenses)

I was hoping to get a place on my own, which would cost me around 1k per month... hoping to have the extra 500 for groceries, gas, etc

Does this sound reasonable? If not, then if we DO get in, I may be interested in one of you as a roommate (housemate preferably, I do not wish to share a room)

Actually... I was also considering the on-campus living situation but wasn't sure what that was like - is it a dorm room? I have a cat and I want to bring her to LA with me :( I also don't want to sleep on a twin-sized bed, I want to bring my queen-sized tempurpedic! Would that be at all possible in on-campus housing??

When I get in, we should message each other. I have no idea what/where I'm gonna live.

From last years thread:

interview march 21,2009
acceptance postmarked April 8th.
Received letters April 9, 10, and 11th

if this year is same as last year,
interview march 20th, 2010
letters should be postmarked April 7th (which is today)
which means some of you will be getting letters tomorrow.

Now, I don't know how true this is bc last year, people got interview invites much earlier than this year (in regards to the last interview date)

Just some speculation....

From last years thread:

interview march 21,2009
acceptance postmarked April 8th.
Received letters April 9, 10, and 11th

if this year is same as last year,
interview march 20th, 2010
letters should be postmarked April 7th (which is today)
which means some of you will be getting letters tomorrow.

Now, I don't know how true this is bc last year, people got interview invites much earlier than this year (in regards to the last interview date)

Just some speculation....

Adcom emailed me yesterday to ask me something, and they mentioned that they were in the middle of reviewing my app. So, even if they mail out their decision today, I won't get it until next week.

Adcom emailed me yesterday to ask me something, and they mentioned that they were in the middle of reviewing my app. So, even if they mail out their decision today, I won't get it until next week.

Oh now I'm curious. They emailed you? I wonder if they email everyone they send acceptance letters to, or if it's diff per case.

And congrats on getting in ucsf!

Oh now I'm curious. They emailed you? I wonder if they email everyone they send acceptance letters to, or if it's diff per case.

And congrats on getting in ucsf!

Thanks. Definitely different per case. Email was regarding my prereq courses. Maybe they didn't receive my pharmCAS course update by an error... All squared away though.

I remember Jim saying something about inquiring your position on the waitlist can only be done after all interviews are completed.

Has anybody successfully found out their waitlist position? Is it possible?

Thanks mucho!

I remember Jim saying something about inquiring your position on the waitlist can only be done after all interviews are completed.

Has anybody successfully found out their waitlist position? Is it possible?

Thanks mucho!

That's normally done after all the acceptances are out. The last three years they finish sending out the acceptances, then anyone who's not accepted usually gets a letter asking if they want to be put on the waitlist. It takes about 2-3 weeks to get a letter (or email?) back saying what your position is. If you take a look at last years thread about this time (maybe late april/early may) you should start seeing posts about this.

ACCEPTED ! :love:

snail mail today!

NOv AC reapplicant! :)

I wonder I they'll send out an email to those not accepted or on AC still

Hey guys. Accepted too! March 20th applicant!!! God I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck everyone, hope you hear equally good news!

As anyone heard from USC yet? From the march 20th interview

Nope. Still waiting for the mail.

Congrats to the Feb AC listers that were ACCEPTED today! Thats AWESOME!

What color was the envelope? Big or small? You both interviewed in Feb???

OMG! Congrats! Your the 1st from our group! (March 20th)

Where do you live exactly? And what were your stats if you dont mind us knowing...!?

Thats so awesome...! Congrats again!

Any emails?!

Just talked to Xin, she said we should all hear by today or tomorrow, Saturday by the LATEST. Emails will also be sent out according to her. Good Luck everyone.

Just talked to Xin, she said we should all hear by today or tomorrow, Saturday by the LATEST. Emails will also be sent out according to her. Good Luck everyone.

Emails will be sent out? Did she say emails to acceptance or rejection or AC? So people who got accepted got snail mail? Or is it a mix?

Did you get a letter via snail mail or did you get an email? What time was your interview? If you don't mind, could you share your stats? And where do you live? (what area? southern cali? or out of state applicant?)

Emails will be sent out? Did she say emails to acceptance or rejection or AC? So people who got accepted got snail mail? Or is it a mix?

She didn't specify whether they would be for acceptances or denials or waitlists. She just said that they were going over everyone's application and that we should hear back from them by tomorrow or Saturday.

By smail mail and/or email.

Im pretty sure the above people were accepted through snail mail.

OMG! Congrats! Your the 1st from our group! (March 20th)

Where do you live exactly? And what were your stats if you dont mind us knowing...!?

Thats so awesome...! Congrats again!

I live in the Los Angeles area. My situation is pretty unique, but my overall undegrad GPA was about a 3.4, but I got an M.S. with a 3.9 GPA.

Last edited:
She didn't specify whether they would be for acceptances or denials or waitlists. She just said that they were going over everyone's application and that we should hear back from them by tomorrow or Saturday.

By smail mail and/or email.

Im pretty sure the above people were accepted through snail mail.

K, thanx for the info.

AC for me... March 20 interviewee.
email received today :/

Did you get a letter via snail mail or did you get an email? What time was your interview? If you don't mind, could you share your stats? And where do you live? (what area? southern cali? or out of state applicant?)

Snail mail big yellow envelope. Interview was 9:00 AM. Look above for rest of info