USC School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

With your stats, you will get admission to Texas schools, which are the cheapest in Nation, you don't need to bother with this expensive school. Good luck.
Unfortunately USC is so expensive, other than that Im in love with this school! Great campus, practice, city, weather, and also many people who speaks my first language. Its just so expensive :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone just received an email from them? I got an application update post interview today

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone just received an email from them? I got an application update post interview today
So I looked at previous posts and they said that EVERYONE that did an interview is automatically going to go on the waitlist....

Interview #7
Notification date: 10/15/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6/20
Application complete date: 8/18/20
GPA: 3.76 undergrad; 4.0 masters
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/20/30 N/A

Can anyone share how the interview works? No specifics, but just the set-up. do we get a Kira link to complete and then have a one-on-one interview on zoom on a different day?

This is completely different than all the other interviews I've had

Interview #9
Notification date: 10/16/20
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date:7/16/20
Application complete date: June
GPA, sGPA: 3.78, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/27/22/none

For those who interviewed, did the MMI interview include personal questions? Or was it all scenarios?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone can help me how to prepare for the interv and what it consists of?

interview #3
AA:19 TS:19
Bio/chem/ochem/PAT/RC/QR
19/19/20/23/21/18

OGPA: 3.5
SGPA: 3.43

minority: Yes (Hispanic)
OOS : Florida

Took DAT July 16, had everything submitted and verified July 31

For anyone who's curious,
MMI portion: you get a Kira link in order to check in and practice before your MMI interview day. Most Qs you have to video record yourself answering and I think one Q you had to type it. Don't worry about this, you get time to think before your timer to answer starts.

On another day you have PBL: you get placed in a group and given a situation to solve together. Review the documents they give you pre PBL interview as it contains PBL instructions.

There were no one on one interviews

Reactions: 5 users
interview #3
AA:19 TS:19
Bio/chem/ochem/PAT/RC/QR
19/19/20/23/21/18

OGPA: 3.5
SGPA: 3.43

minority: Yes (Hispanic)
OOS : Florida

Took DAT July 16, had everything submitted and verified July 31
Congrats !!! Wish you the best...

Has anyone who has requested their PBL interview date by email gotten a confirmation email back?

I sent mine a couple of days ago and have not heard back

Has anyone who has requested their PBL interview date by email gotten a confirmation email back?

I sent them the request on Thursday the 15th and heard back from them the next day.

I sent mine friday and havent heard back. do you think we should email again?

I would say its probably okay since there are others experiencing the same thing, could just mean they have a lot of emails to go through. I'd give it a day or two, then email early on Friday if you don't hear anything.

What kind of questions are on the MMI? is it typical interview questions or is it more of an assessment?

For anyone who's curious,
MMI portion: you get a Kira link in order to check in and practice before your MMI interview day. Most Qs you have to video record yourself answering and I think one Q you had to type it. Don't worry about this, you get time to think before your timer to answer starts.

On another day you have PBL: you get placed in a group and given a situation to solve together. Review the documents they give you pre PBL interview as it contains PBL instructions.

There were no one on one interviews
Thanks! Did they only ask scenario based/ethical questions? Or did they also ask personal questions?

Just received an invite!
Residency: OOS
Submission Date: First day open
GPA: 3.71 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/12/27 none

Just received an invite!
Residency: OOS
Submission Date: First day open
GPA: 3.71 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/12/27 none
Congrats! May I ask when it gonna be?

Just received an invite!

Interview #3
School: USC
Notification date: 10/23/20
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 7/5/20
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 24/23/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/1

Thanks! The first parts are November 1st and the interview had a bunch of dates available from early to mid November.
For Kira it said 1pm PST, so this means (since im EST) 4pm EST right!

Also, when does everyone receive their Kira email? I just got my interview email and emailed them for my PBI interview but for the Kira MMI, I wait for a separate email correct?

Interview#3
Residency: international!!!
Application complete date: 9/4/20
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.6, 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 25/24/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/1 for MMI and 11/10 for PBL

Interview #5
Residency: Texas
Application complete date: 7/8/2020
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.63, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/none

Received the interview invite on Friday evening!

Interview #4
Notification date: 10/23/2020
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/17
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (overall, science): 3.52, 3.14
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/23/29/none
Method of Interview: Online Video Assessment (Kira) and Zoom

Received the interview invite on Friday evening!

Interview #4
Notification date: 10/23/2020
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/17
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (overall, science): 3.52, 3.14
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/23/29/none
Method of Interview: Online Video Assessment (Kira) and Zoom
Did you get the link for Kira yet?

Hi everyone I have a question, on their website they say
"TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION FROM LECTURE-BASED SCIENCE PROFESSORS IN BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY OR PHYSICS.
Letters must reflect your performance in the lecture component of class. A committee letter may be substituted if your undergraduate institution offers this service."
I have one letter of recommendation from a prestige's biochemistry professor but I conducted research lab for that professor, I had no lecture with them. so just to clarify, would that letter of recommendation count????

Hi everyone I have a question, on their website they say
"TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION FROM LECTURE-BASED SCIENCE PROFESSORS IN BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY OR PHYSICS.
Letters must reflect your performance in the lecture component of class. A committee letter may be substituted if your undergraduate institution offers this service."
I have one letter of recommendation from a prestige's biochemistry professor but I conducted research lab for that professor, I had no lecture with them. so just to clarify, would that letter of recommendation count????
i would email and ask them they seem pretty flexible, but during the info session they said they prefer someone who you had as a professor.

Did anyone else get put on the waitlist? Is that good or bad? Did they say that they put everyone on the waitlist after interviews?

Hi mmomchev, did you get a confirmation email from them yet? I got an email from them last Friday afternoon (10/23). I emailed them on Sunday night (10/25) and registered for 11/12 PBL interview session, but they have not emailed be back yet. The deadline to register is 10/28, so I'm kinda concerned cause I don't want to be automatically withdrawn from the process. :/

Hi mmomchev, did you get a confirmation email from them yet? I got an email from them last Friday afternoon (10/23). I emailed them on Sunday night (10/25) and registered for 11/12 PBL interview session, but they have not emailed be back yet. The deadline to register is 10/28, so I'm kinda concerned cause I don't want to be automatically withdrawn from the process. :/
yeah i got it like 3 days after

Hello, when do we receive the PBL invite? I received an MMI invite but nothing else last Friday

Hello, when do we receive the PBL invite? I received an MMI invite but nothing else last Friday
When you received your MMI interview invite, you should have also received a list of dates to sign up for the PBL interview in the same email.

Does anyone have any tips to prepare for the PB interview part?
Definitely read through the PBL description and steps in the interview document they sent you prior to your interview. Other than that, there's no real way to prepare for it since the cases are different for each interview group. Just feel confident in speaking and working collaboratively with others!

Definitely read through the PBL description and steps in the interview document they sent you prior to your interview. Other than that, there's no real way to prepare for it since the cases are different for each interview group. Just feel confident in speaking and working collaboratively with others!
Does everyone have a chance to speak or students voluntarily or being picked up by interviewers?

Does everyone have a chance to speak or students voluntarily or being picked up by interviewers?
It’s kind of each person just chiming in. There was quite a few times that people talked at the same time or other people tried talking over others. So it’s pretty unstructured from that sense I would say.