USC School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does everyone have a chance to speak or students voluntarily or being picked up by interviewers?
The interviewer may call on people to read out loud to get the ball rolling, but after that it's up to you to chime in on your own - just like in any real-world group discussion setting.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received my PBL day confirmation and it included a link to a drop box with a long file. Do I need to complete all of this before my PBL interview?

I just received my PBL day confirmation and it included a link to a drop box with a long file. Do I need to complete all of this before my PBL interview?
it literally said in the email turn in before PBL interview

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I messed up about 2 questions in the MMI interview :( like I don't know to answer and I didn't even speak like for 30 seconds. Anyone knows how it impacts?...

I think I messed up about 2 questions in the MMI interview :( like I don't know to answer and I didn't even speak like for 30 seconds. Anyone knows how it impacts?...
I just had my MMI. I also had a trouble in one of 10 questions and made a huge breath at the beginning of the recording, lol. Then I stuttered for a few seconds and sounded really silly. But I guess they will evaluate all questions in a holistic way as well as your part two interview. Personally, I would not be too worried about this.

Reactions: 1 users

I'm on the same boat as you. Took the MMI on the same day and was flustered by 1-2 of the questions. Just know that so many students go into these interviews extremely nervous. People are going to be all over the place while answering the questions. So do not feel bad about how you did. Be proud and thankful that it is over with haha. Good luck with your PBL. Mine is this Thursday and I am nervous!

Reactions: 3 users
For anyone who got the Post-Interview Candidate info form, did it say:
"acceptances are extended continuously from December 15 , through the first week of school in September." and that all candidates who did the interview are put on waitlist.

but then later on it says:
"Beginning in July 2021, Post Interview Candidates are generally contacted by phone first then email." and also in the fill-out part it says "Be sure to indicate where you can be reached by phone during the months of July and August!"

I'm just confused why it seems like emphasize that they only notify about acceptances in like July/August, when it starts on December 15th?
Unless this is just happening to me lol

For anyone who got the Post-Interview Candidate info form, did it say:
"acceptances are extended continuously from December 15 , through the first week of school in September." and that all candidates who did the interview are put on waitlist.

but then later on it says:
"Beginning in July 2021, Post Interview Candidates are generally contacted by phone first then email." and also in the fill-out part it says "Be sure to indicate where you can be reached by phone during the months of July and August!"

I'm just confused why it seems like emphasize that they only notify about acceptances in like July/August, when it starts on December 15th?
Unless this is just happening to me lol

It says that because they do not contact you about an acceptance by phone unless it is a later acceptance in July or August. Otherwise they email you your acceptance so the phone number is not needed during that time.

It says that because they do not contact you about an acceptance by phone unless it is a later acceptance in July or August. Otherwise they email you your acceptance so the phone number is not needed during that time.
ohhh okay thank you so much!

Has anyone that interviewed on October 29th heard back? I know some people were saying post-interview candidates got emails. I was just wondering how long that generally took.

Has anyone that interviewed on October 29th heard back? I know some people were saying post-interview candidates got emails. I was just wondering how long that generally took.
I just had my PBL interview today, and in the end, they told us that decisions will first be released on December 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
They sent out post-interview emails the next day for my batch. I would double check your spam folder? Or maybe the office is just getting super busy...you could try to call them and ask if it's stressing you out.

Interview #4
School: USC
Notification date: 10/16/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/16
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.75, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/27
Method of Interview: Virtual

Very relaxed, they just want to see how you interact in a group.

Did you fill out the documents that they ask you to send before the PBL? If so, how long did you write comments for each question (group learning experiences, research, community service, etc)? And did you use bullet points or write out full sentences? I find those questions pretty similar to the AADSAS application experience section so not sure why they would ask us the same thing when they can just go check our app lol

Last edited:
Did you fill out the documents that they ask you to send before the PBL? If so, how long did you write comments for each question (group learning experiences, research, community service, etc)? And did you use bullet points or write out full sentences? I find those questions pretty similar to the AADSAS application experience section so not sure why they would ask us the same thing when they can just go check our app lol
Fill it out before the PBL... when I did it I just did bullet points, but they had some errors in the document that made it impossible to type in it with Adobe, so I had to fill it out by hand. So it was an interesting situation to say the least, lol

I have a PBL interview on this Thursday but I have not received the link for zoom. Does anyone know when I will receive it, and also how long does the PBL interview last?

I have a PBL interview on this Thursday but I have not received the link for zoom. Does anyone know when I will receive it, and also how long does the PBL interview last?

umm it should be in one of the documents/attachments they sent earlier. it'll be like 2 hours total but 1 hour for the actual interview, the other hour is a student panel. good luck!!

does usc accept ap credit/ did anyone get an interview with ap credit for a pre req

I just finished PBL interview and would like to share some of my experiences and insights if people have not done it yet. It was really laid-back conversational. The faculties, interviewers, and students are really nice and approachable. I love the experience and truly believe it is one of efficient ways to approach and learn the materials in a short time, but I guess it is not a school for me. I feel I did not well during PBL because I feel that I was more kind of a listener during the conversation with other students. I would like to wait for other people to finish their sentences and opinions then say something what I think. So I did not converse much but only pointed out the parts that they missed or they did not mention in the end. And those parts I mentioned was the closest to the right answer. But I know that the interviewers do not care whether it is right or wrong, they want to see and evaluate how they participate and interact with each other which is definitely not a good thing for me during the interview. Also, I heard that PBL performance is going to be part of GPA in grading. I guess I probably will do badly on that since class participation is always not my favor. Anyone or current students correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
I just finished PBL interview and would like to share some of my experiences and insights if people have not done it yet. It was really laid-back conversational. The faculties, interviewers, and students are really nice and approachable. I love the experience and truly believe it is one of efficient ways to approach and learn the materials in a short time, but I guess it is not a school for me. I feel I did not well during PBL because I feel that I was more kind of a listener during the conversation with other students. I would like to wait for other people to finish their sentences and opinions then say something what I think. So I did not converse much but only pointed out the parts that they missed or they did not mention in the end. And those parts I mentioned was the closest to the right answer. But I know that the interviewers do not care whether it is right or wrong, they want to see and evaluate how they participate and interact with each other which is definitely not a good thing for me during the interview. Also, I heard that PBL performance is going to be part of GPA in grading. I guess I probably will do badly on that since class participation is always not my favor. Anyone or current students correct me if I am wrong.
I am also applying this cycle, so I can't give you a students perspective, but I wouldn't write yourself off yet. A PBL group won't work well if everyone in it is a leader. They also need some listeners to summarize thoughts and just make sure that the group isn't missing anything. While literally not talking at all is definitely not good, it seems like you didn't do that. If you Mae good points that other people seemed to miss I'm sure the evaluator noticed you were paying attention and making contributions.

I am also applying this cycle, so I can't give you a students perspective, but I wouldn't write yourself off yet. A PBL group won't work well if everyone in it is a leader. They also need some listeners to summarize thoughts and just make sure that the group isn't missing anything. While literally not talking at all is definitely not good, it seems like you didn't do that. If you Mae good points that other people seemed to miss I'm sure the evaluator noticed you were paying attention and making contributions.
Thanks a lot, hopefully, nothing I can do now, just wait for the D-day then.

It is kind of scary because I am not sure what that means to different changed status. I will follow up if I receive a rejection from USC

Mine went from "waitlisted" to "check back December 15"

I interviewed late October

I guess that means they have finalized their decisions and have reported them to Aadsas but the site not gonna show it till Dec 15 :/

Did anyone's status change to "check back on December 15" ?

Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone's status change to "check back on December 15" ?
Mine did too. I see some people are saying there's changed to TBD. Maybe one means accepted and the other means waitlisted but AADSAS can't let us know until the 15th.

You could be right because I have seen people say in other threads that check on dec means acceptance, but with this many people saying they have check back on dec 15 idk if that is the case this year. I’m just guessing, I could be totally wrong.
I really hope that means acceptance!! lol I'm so nervous!!

I really hope that means acceptance!! lol I'm so nervous!!
You could be right because I have seen people say in other threads that check on dec means acceptance, but with this many people saying they have check back on dec 15 idk if that is the case this year. I’m just guessing, I could be totally wrong.
When did you guys have the interview?
I remember my status was changed to back in Dec 15th about 3 days after the pbl interview, however, I feel I did not do well on that...

When did you guys have the interview?
I remember my status was changed to back in Dec 15th about 3 days after the pbl interview, however, I feel I did not do well on that...
My interview was back in 10/08! When was yours?

Yeah I think it did go well~ I tried to participate but not to dominate the whole convo..
That is good lol. From the threads I know check in 15th basically means that the decision is given and it could be acc, rej or wait. TBD I guess just means that they will give out the final decision pretty soon and definitely will change your status again before 15th. The day is coming up, let's wait and see how it goes.

Anyone know if USC calls or emails on Dec 15th?
Based on this thread, it seems like they email students

So some people’s status is TBD and some check back on dec 15th?