USC Waitlist Movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mr Reddly said:
Personally, I liked "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr." Remember that? I think it lasted all of two seasons. ...so do I get any luck for being a fan (all be it for a slightly different socal school. ;)

Oh ya, BUMP for Camstah

i liked the adventures of brisco county jr. too...i'm a big bruce campbell fan....he's so fricken funny...

Members don't see this ad.

In that case :luck: to you Camstah
... and :luck: to kenshinoro2004 (cuz that will bring :luck: right back to me!!!!! ;) )

please somebody here get in! I'm out of the country now and this is the only way for me to check easily whether there's been any movement. gogo~

Members don't see this ad :)
I sure hope all of you are right about this being the week. I just wanna see some movement to know that time is not just standing still. Any movement is good movement at this point.

nice...no need for a morning bump....but i'll give one anyway :luck:

camstah said:
nice...no need for a morning bump....but i'll give one anyway :luck:
What is the movie quote quiz for the day?

movie quote quiz for the day: (from one of my favorite movies....)

"The kingdom of God is within you and all around you. It is not within buildings of wood or stone. Split a piece of wood and you will find me. Look beneath a stone and I am there. "

what movie is this from?

camstah said:
movie quote quiz for the day: (from one of my favorite movies....)

"The kingdom of God is within you and all around you. It is not within buildings of wood or stone. Split a piece of wood and you will find me. Look beneath a stone and I am there. "

what movie is this from?

I had to do a google search this time, so I won't give it away for others who want to play. Never seen it, sorry. :(

yes, this is a hard one...but it's a good movie...really good soundtrack....

no one knows? c'mon...someone?
i could do another quote if that one is too hard....

Luke 17:21?????

Jalby said:
Luke 17:21?????

nope...it's from a movie.....although that would be a good guess.....here's a hint..gabriel byrne was in it....

okay, maybe that one was too hard....
it was from stigmata....good movie...
how about this quote:

"She gonna marry into a toast family!"

that's actually paraphrased..i know the quote is something like that though...good movie too...it's just like my life...

Members don't see this ad :)
I really am quite certain on the Luke 17:21 thingy

any newwwsss people?? anyone heard anything (rumors, inside scoops, etc)?? thanks. good luck.

docmemi said:
any newwwsss people?? anyone heard anything (rumors, inside scoops, etc)?? thanks. good luck.

Just go to LA. Leave the spot for Camstah! :laugh:

Jalby said:
I really am quite certain on the Luke 17:21 thingy

wow, do you have the bible memorized? i've seen you reference other bible passages...seemingly from memory (although it's hard to tell from an online forum :p )...
actually the movie claims that these were a part of dead sea scrolls that the church has tried to cover up...because the message basically pulls the rug out from under the church...if people believed this message, there would be no need for an institution such as the modern day church...that's billions of dollars in business..well worth covering up a few dead sea scrolls for...well, the movie claims they exist, but i leave it up to you to decide...

Spitting Camel said:
Just go to LA. Leave the spot for Camstah! :laugh:

:) wouldn't it be funny if docmemi got into usc, dropped his ucla acceptance, which went to someone holding a usc spot, who then dropped their usc acceptance which then came to me? well, not funny, but cool!!! :D

camstah said:
how about this quote:

"She gonna marry into a toast family!"

that's actually paraphrased..i know the quote is something like that though...good movie too...it's just like my life...

okay, no one guessed on this one...it's from my big fat greek wedding...i can totally relate to the pottery class deal.....

bump.........why does it feel like a monday? :(

movie quote quiz of the day:

"Ahem, according to Starfleet medical research... Borg implants can cause severe skin irritations. Perhaps you'd like an analgesic cream? "

what movie?

How did this get off of the first page. Better bump it up. Sorry camstah, I don't know your quote. Here's one of my own (watched it last night):

"It's a game that can't be won- only played."

patzan said:
How did this get off of the first page. Better bump it up. Sorry camstah, I don't know your quote. Here's one of my own (watched it last night):

"It's a game that can't be won- only played."

the legend of bagger vance....am i right?

patzan said:

tee hee...maybe had i watched less tv/movies i'd have studied harder...and gotten in where i wanted to go to med school...
but anyway, it's a fun thing to do at parties....name that movie quote...plus a bit of charades thrown in..this one time this guy tried to do basic instinct...you know, that scene..it was funny.....

so, this thread has over 100 replies on it, and not a single one is waitlist movement...maybe the waitlist just won't move this year....
i've set a date for when i'll start making concrete plans for penn state...and it's coming up soon....anyone else?
and jdc5, i think it's funny that either way, penn state or usc, we could end up being classmates....

camstah said:

"Ahem, according to Starfleet medical research... Borg implants can cause severe skin irritations. Perhaps you'd like an analgesic cream? "

what movie?

oh, and the answer was Star Trek First Contact....GOOD movie....funny...and cool...all at the same time....
why do people always make fun of me because i like star trek? my friends do...but i think it's cool :cool:

i think i post waaay too much on this thread...as time goes by, i think i'm getting more and more anxious.....and it results in more posts....like now...sigh....it'll all be over in a month.....*gives self a hug* :)

docmemi said:

i heard a rumor that you're going to ucla...is that true? :D

camstah said:
i heard a rumor that you're going to ucla...is that true? :D

its true.

docmemi said:
its true.

i know...i was just kidding...you were asking for rumors etc..... :p

camstah said:
tee hee...maybe had i watched less tv/movies i'd have studied harder...and gotten in where i wanted to go to med school...
but anyway, it's a fun thing to do at parties....name that movie quote...plus a bit of charades thrown in..this one time this guy tried to do basic instinct...you know, that scene..it was funny.....

so, this thread has over 100 replies on it, and not a single one is waitlist movement...maybe the waitlist just won't move this year....
i've set a date for when i'll start making concrete plans for penn state...and it's coming up soon....anyone else?
and jdc5, i think it's funny that either way, penn state or usc, we could end up being classmates....

I hope you stick through to the end camstah. After all you've waited all these months, waiting another 3-5 weeks may be worth it (I hope). Practically waiting may not the best approach, but idealistically, waiting for an USC acceptance would be worth any amount of time (right?). Personally, I'm willing to wait for USC til third week of July even though I do have an acceptance at another school. Last year's thread looked like no one really heard from USC until early July, so maybe we have to wait that long too. Who knows? But I guess you just gotta keep some hope alive.

mullnk23 said:
I hope you stick through to the end camstah. After all you've waited all these months, waiting another 3-5 weeks may be worth it (I hope). Practically waiting may not the best approach, but idealistically, waiting for an USC acceptance would be worth any amount of time (right?). Personally, I'm willing to wait for USC til third week of July even though I do have an acceptance at another school. Last year's thread looked like no one really heard from USC until early July, so maybe we have to wait that long too. Who knows? But I guess you just gotta keep some hope alive.

yeah...i'm still watiing...but i've still got to get things done if this waitlist doesn't come through.........but thanks :)
and according to jalby last year the admissions office was behind on things because they were setting up some conference or something, so this year things have been happening earlier...like waitlist letters...so i'm thinking if movement will happen, it should start mid-june, like now......today is what, the ninth? sigh...i really hope it starts moving soon...that way at least i'll know one way or the other......
anyway, here's morning :luck: to us all.......
happy wednesday!!!!

btw, anyone know what time the admissions office would usually call if you get pulled off of the waitlist?
that way i won't fumble for my cell phone every time it rings, worried i missed *the* call......

okay, uc waitlists are moving....does that mean usc's will move??????

I can't recall if I posted this but when I called about a week ago to ask how many people were on the waitlist the lady in admissions told me about 100 :eek: . That doesn't make me feel good. :scared:

curandero said:
I can't recall if I posted this but when I called about a week ago to ask how many people were on the waitlist the lady in admissions told me about 100 :eek: . That doesn't make me feel good. :scared:

it's okay curandero....you're on a few waitlists right? i'm sure you will get off of one of them....and hopefully it will be usc's.....
dont worry...100 people isn't that many....hopefully there will be as much movement this year as last year...which means at least 27 people will get taken off....which probably really means more, since some will have declined the spot when offered.....
good luck....i'm hoping you get off of a waitlist..i've been there (last year)....waiting is painful......
of course, it hurts when you're put on a waitlist two years in a row, but i'm still hoping to get pulled off this year :)

hey jalby, do you have any updates with waitlist movement? it may help ease curandero's fears :)

camstah said:
...and jdc5, i think it's funny that either way, penn state or usc, we could end up being classmates....

Well that's only if I get off one of these darn waitlists! (knock on wood)

Oh, and I just called to see if I could weasel any more info out of the USC admissions office and only confirmed what other people have said:
a) no real movement so far this year
b) 50-100 people on the waitlist (way to give an accurate number :rolleyes: or maybe people have been withdrawing from the waitlist! :D *crosses fingers*)
c) 17% of 160 last year (27 students)
d) last year's movement was until July. In fact, one of the waitlisted got called on August 9th, the first day of classes. Sheeesh.

So where's today's quote? I'm getting anxious here.

jdc5 said:
Well that's only if I get off one of these darn waitlists! (knock on wood)

Oh, and I just called to see if I could weasel any more info out of the USC admissions office and only confirmed what other people have said:
a) no real movement so far this year
b) 50-100 people on the waitlist (way to give an accurate number :rolleyes: or maybe people have been withdrawing from the waitlist! :D *crosses fingers*)
c) 17% of 160 last year (27 students)
d) last year's movement was until July. In fact, one of the waitlisted got called on August 9th, the first day of classes. Sheeesh.

So where's today's quote? I'm getting anxious here.

no real movement meaning it's unusual? i wonder if this usual....eesh...someone got called on august 9th????? why couldn't it have been meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee??????????? i was available......

anyway, from one of my favorite movies (and one that seems to be in heavy rotation on the pay cable channels)

"Nobody knocks off an old man in my neighborhood and gets away with it. "

what movie?

This thread is difficult to look at for me... rejected post interview 2x by usc. It's just weird. You guys are saying that last year had 160 waiting and this year has 50-100 waiting... weird.

It seems like uci has done some significant moving (9 out of 17 SDN people already), but ucd, ucla, usc, and ucsd have not moved much at all!

As for this year to last year, at uci, only 5 (out of 34) sdn people had been taken off the wl at this point in time, as opposed to the 9( out of 17) thus far. Also, last year, there were some 34 people waiting on SDN for uci and only half of them were eventually taken. This year, there are only 17 people (3 who I think are mostly just curious if they'll get in) on the wl from sdn. So, half the people waiting on SDN have already been taken by uci this year! Unfortunatly, I don't know if that's good or bad... :(

....obsessive.... I know... Sorry... I did at least START with talking about usc...

Oh ya... and then if you take a look at ucd, there are now 26 sdn people waiting (only 3 people have been accepted off of the wl), some of whom have interviewed quite recently and have not even been told if they are accepted or waitlisted yet! They're WAY behind... I think? ...

Mr Reddly said:
This thread is difficult to look at for me... rejected post interview 2x by usc. It's just weird. You guys are saying that last year had 160 waiting and this year has 50-100 waiting... weird.

It seems like uci has done some significant moving (9 out of 17 SDN people already), but ucd, ucla, usc, and ucsd have not moved much at all!

As for this year to last year, at uci, only 5 (out of 34) sdn people had been taken off the wl at this point in time, as opposed to the 9( out of 17) thus far. Also, last year, there were some 34 people waiting on SDN for uci and only half of them were eventually taken. This year, there are only 17 people (3 who I think are mostly just curious if they'll get in) are one on the wl from sdn. So, half the people waiting on SDN have already been taken by uci this year! Unfortunatly, I don't know if that's good or bad... :(

....obsessive.... I know... Sorry... I did at least START with talking about usc...

hey red.....the 160 was last years class, and of that 160 people 27 were from the waitlist...there were still about 100 people on the waitlist...that doesn't make it better when you've been rejected post interview, i know....and ucla looks like it's just starting to move, so keep your head up, uci may start moving even more than it is now....same for ucsd....looks like it's starting to pick up steam....and keep in mind, ucd is waaay behind everyone...there are people that will prefer it to the other uc's....so there's still hope for uci......plus doesn't the fact that there are like half the number waiting this year make you feel a bit better? and the thought that you're in somewhere helps a little though, doesn't it? i think you should be in at uci..but for now, what i think doesn't really matter.....it will one day though..i want to be on the admissions committee of whatever school i end up at...although i don't know if penn state has students on its committee...anyway....
hold on red...you're moment of happiness is coming....you'll get the status page change any day now...... :luck:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no, i didn't get in, just had to scream.....this waiting is killing me!! this is like the best/worst suspense movie ever................will she get in? won't she? find out...in two months! :eek:

"Find out next time on 'dum dum dum dum... Suspense!'
We'll be right back after these messages."

Gayle's gone till the 14th. :(
guess that means no movement for a while.

Mr Reddly said:
"Find out next time on 'dum dum dum dum... Suspense!'
We'll be right back after these messages."

Gayle's gone till the 14th. :(
guess that means no movement for a while.

or a chance to relax for a few days?

Mr Reddly said:
As for this year to last year, at uci, only 5 (out of 34) sdn people had been taken off the wl at this point in time, as opposed to the 9( out of 17) thus far. Also, last year, there were some 34 people waiting on SDN for uci and only half of them were eventually taken. This year, there are only 17 people (3 who I think are mostly just curious if they'll get in) on the wl from sdn. So, half the people waiting on SDN have already been taken by uci this year! Unfortunatly, I don't know if that's good or bad... :(

I think that might directly have to do with the cost and uncertanty of future costs for the UC's.

kenshinoro2004 said:
I will be freeing up a spot at ucsd soon...pretty sure i'm picking uci :) So..that might lead to a spot at usc opening...cam its urs first, then mine ;)

very sweet of you :love:

kenshinoro2004 said:
I will be freeing up a spot at ucsd soon...pretty sure i'm picking uci :) So..that might lead to a spot at usc opening...cam its urs first, then mine ;)
Congrats. I think you are making the right choice. Heck, you actually knew some things about UCSD that I didn't. I'm shocked.