This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! i just applied to the masters in science program for both MSP3 and the Anatomy program for 2020-2021 class, has anyone applied recently and gotten in? How long did it take to get a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! i just applied to the masters in science program for both MSP3 and the Anatomy program for 2020-2021 class, has anyone applied recently and gotten in? How long did it take to get a decision?

Hey! It took me about a few days after submitting to hear back with an acceptance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! It took me about a few days after submitting to hear back with an acceptance

Did you have to resubmit science letters of recommendation for the main and supplemental application if you did not apply to USF med school prior?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you have to resubmit science letters of recommendation for the main and supplemental application if you did not apply to USF med school prior?

Yea I attached my science letters to the supplemental application. You have to submit the primary application first with the general information and then after that its submitted you’re application is in their file and you’re directed to the supplemental application where you attach the remaining materials they’re looking for that includes cv/resume, personal statement, unofficial transcript, letters, etc.

Once that is done your application is fully complete and ready for the committee to review.

Yea I attached my science letters to the supplemental application. You have to submit the primary application first with the general information and then after that its submitted you’re application is in their file and you’re directed to the supplemental application where you attach the remaining materials they’re looking for that includes cv/resume, personal statement, unofficial transcript, letters, etc.

Once that is done your application is fully complete and ready for the committee to review.

Thank you!!!!

Hey! I applied March 24 and was accepted April 14. Bare in mind I applied in the middle of the pandemic
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Also is there an accepted student's Facebook or group chat? I'm looking for roommates!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I applied March 24 and was accepted April 14. Bare in mind I applied in the middle of the pandemic
Good luck!
Was there an interview, or did they just sent an acceptance letter?

Was there an interview, or did they just sent an acceptance letter?

No interview for me. Accepted via email and then a folder style acceptance letter followed after.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got into the Anatomy program, does anyone know which is better the MSP3 or the anatomy? I’m not sure yet if I plan on applying to PA school or medical school. Do both MSMS programs have a lot of seats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone has the syllabus for Basic medical anatomy? I can't find it on their websites. I wanna know how things are going to be graded and so, in order to apply.
If you’re taking Anatomy with Dr. Webb, I believe most are, it’s the only class where 90% is an A. All other graduate classes have 92% as an A because that’s standard. But she treats it like the undergrad class. There 5 exams (First exam is worth the least to give you some understanding of how the course works), and 5 assignment (15% of total grade, 3% each) which are powerpoints for anatomical systems using pictures from a certain anatomy website that they provide.

If you’re taking Anatomy with Dr. Webb, I believe most are, it’s the only class where 90% is an A. All other graduate classes have 92% as an A because that’s standard. But she treats it like the undergrad class. There 5 exams (First exam is worth the least to give you some understanding of how the course works), and 5 assignment (15% of total grade, 3% each) which are powerpoints for anatomical systems using pictures from a certain anatomy website that they provide.

Do we choose our professors? I thought the program was structured where everyone takes the same classes?

Do we choose our professors? I thought the program was structured where everyone takes the same classes?

There’s really only 1 section for every class you take that’s specifically for the anatomy program. There will be people in your class that aren't In the program because they’re certificate students or something. MSP3 and the others have their own designated sections. You can request to take Classes that aren’t in your program though. There’s an MSP3 guys that decided to do the program in 2 years and took Advanced Neuroanatomy with our program. He’s really smart though, but otherwise, I wouldn’t recommend it bc it’s the hardest class in our program.

Last edited:
I just got into the Anatomy program, does anyone know which is better the MSP3 or the anatomy? I’m not sure yet if I plan on applying to PA school or medical school. Do both MSMS programs have a lot of seats?
I’m very happy with my choice to go with ANA over MSP3. ANA is limited to ~30 student and I believe MSP3 is >200 Students. From experience, I believe small class sizes are almost always better. And you’ll still have access to all the same resources.

Hi guys, I’m also interested in applying to the anatomy masters program. However i noticed that some of the classes are offered exclusively online. Can anybody talk about their experience with that? And just to clarify, is there a cadaver lab component to the curriculum?

Is there a Facebook group for accepted students in the MSP3 program?

Hi guys, I’m also interested in applying to the anatomy masters program. However i noticed that some of the classes are offered exclusively online. Can anybody talk about their experience with that? And just to clarify, is there a cadaver lab component to the curriculum?

The online classes just make the program a lot more manageable. MSP3 had a very difficult time adjusting with the whole quarantine and some of them got caught cheating. I'm sure some of them were happy about the transition, but it seems like many of them were not.

The program Proctorio records you while you're taking the exams and flags anything that may seem suspicious, like looking away from the screen for extended periods of time, people in the background talking, the presence of a phone, etc.

That being said, the program director of the anatomy program told me that of her 2017 class, >75% of them got into their desired field/professional school, which is a really high number. I talked to one of the M2 at USF that was in this program 3 years ago and asked how schools looked at classes being online. He said none of his interviews cared because it was a hard science SMP and it was hybrid instead of completely online.

As for the Advanced gross anatomy lab, it is usually in the summer. This year, they are also having it in the fall for the current class for students that are okay with graduating in December. You and a few other students get to dissect your own cadaver and are quizzed on the structures. It's really awesome and is the main appeal to the program along with the forensic pathology course. In the fall, you get to check out the lab and cadavers but you don't actually work hands on with them until summer.

Did it work? Lol
I'm not sure yet! Hopefully. I sent in a finished my application last week, but I saw on the website that they have extended the application deadline to July 1st! Have you heard back?

I was wondering how everyone is doing with apps + pandemic (or just the sheer chaos of 2020 in general). I had to shift from planning to do the MCAT to doing the GRE within like a week because of everything going on.
I did submit my app around a week ago. I have not yet received a response.

GPA: 3.08
SGPA: 2.54 (?)
GRE: 314
Big state school
Solid ECs

I was also wondering if anyone has had any experience applying to boost GPA because of mental illness hindering your undergraduate years. This is my case and I put it into my statement of purpose. I didn't make it into a sob story or anything and clarified that I've been treated and am eager to get back into academia. Obviously I don't like having to attribute my GPA to my mental illness, but it really did have a huge impact on the majority of my undergrad. Any advice/roasts/anecdotes?

Oh wow I just got accepted today! Super excited and SO relieved! Posting stats for future lurkers:

Submitted app: May 27
Accepted (via email): June 9
GPA and such listed in previous post
ECs: research for 2 years in ugrad, accepted job offer to work in lab for gap year following graduation. I think I had around 11 co-authored papers and maybe 6 presentations? Participated in sport club all throughout ugrad and was on e-board my last two years, VP for senior year. 100 hours of volunteering at the hospital (I stopped when my illness got really bad so I only volunteered for freshman + sophomore year). Fostered lots of doggies! Worked some jobs within the sport I played
LORs from research PI and a science prof

My obvious strength was research. My GRE was above average as well. Couldn't take MCAT because of the pandemic. I was very insecure about my GPA and transcript, since there were large gaps and not my best performance, but I addressed it in my statement of purpose. But if anyone is in the same boat as me, just keep trying your best and don't give up! You got this!

Does anyone know the estimated cost of tuition for the program?

Does anyone know the estimated cost of tuition for the program?

I am looking at my Oasis and total cost is $15,097.92 for 33 Credits. Distance learning fees were about $537 (ridiculous, I know). So if you're MSP3 or Molecular Medicine, you normally won't have to worry about this. Not sure if it's official whether or not classes in the Fall will be back to normal though.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow I just got accepted today! Super excited and SO relieved! Posting stats for future lurkers:

Submitted app: May 27
Accepted (via email): June 9
GPA and such listed in previous post
ECs: research for 2 years in ugrad, accepted job offer to work in lab for gap year following graduation. I think I had around 11 co-authored papers and maybe 6 presentations? Participated in sport club all throughout ugrad and was on e-board my last two years, VP for senior year. 100 hours of volunteering at the hospital (I stopped when my illness got really bad so I only volunteered for freshman + sophomore year). Fostered lots of doggies! Worked some jobs within the sport I played
LORs from research PI and a science prof

My obvious strength was research. My GRE was above average as well. Couldn't take MCAT because of the pandemic. I was very insecure about my GPA and transcript, since there were large gaps and not my best performance, but I addressed it in my statement of purpose. But if anyone is in the same boat as me, just keep trying your best and don't give up! You got this!
Wow is there any way that I can get your email? I have the same stats and looking to finish my application this week.

Thanks! Umm I wouldn't say "everyone" graduates in August because some people get into med school during the program then stop the program. Some can't graduate due to low GPA. But, for the most part if you do well, graduation is at the beginning of August (I think mine was 8/4). Many people get into med school while in the program (I think they market 20% get in during the program, 60% of the remaining get in the year after)... but the vast majority of those that do get in during the program go to DO schools... MD acceptances are much much much fewer during the program and they're usually at low-tier schools like FSU. So, unless you have a competitive GPA, MCAT, and good extracurriculars (like a 3.7, 510+) then I'd definitely say your chances at an MD acceptance during the program are low (not impossible, but low). Plus, why would people do the program if their stats for MD are fine anyway? It is an academic enrichment masters for a reason! haha. As for the class rigor, it is a master's program where you'll be taking 4 hard science courses at the same time that will go into much more detail than undergrad, so it is most definitely more difficult. However, the tests are fair so if you know the info inside and out and CAN APPLY the material (not just simply memorize it...) then you can most certainly do well. I never had a "close call" or problem with any classes in MSP3. If you have any more questions, let me know! Good luck~
were there any pre-dental students in that program? and what are the pre-reqs?

were there any pre-dental students in that program? and what are the pre-reqs?
I graduated in 2018, and there were only a handful of non-pre-medical students (pre-vet/pre-dental). Pre-reqs can be found here.