This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastrealunicorn

Reaction score
Hey y'all ! Just wanted to start this thread for the new application season. I'm going to be submitting my application within the next 2 weeks for admission next year into the pre-professional track.

Update:

Just got accepted today, almost 4 days after applying! I’m just going to list my stats for whenever ppl actually start looking at this feed lol

Stats:
3.32 cumulative GPA
3.28 science GPA
304 GRE score

I’m a senior in undergrad right now doing biomedical research, I have about 30 shadowing hrs, 150+ community service hrs, and I have been a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) for a few years.

Good luck everyone !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey y'all ! Just wanted to start this thread for the new application season. I'm going to be submitting my application within the next 2 weeks for admission next year into the pre-professional track.

University of South Florida Master's in Medical Sciences
Yo, if you have any questions, feel free to hit me up. I just graduated from the pre-professional track in August 2018 and did well while balancing MCAT studies, community service, and *somewhat* of a social life (lol)!

Congrats!! I guess my first question is, does everyone graduate in August? I just assumed that graduation would be in the Summer after the completion of classes. Also, based off of your workload, do you think it’s possible to do that program and go straight into medical school without taking another gap year? Lastly, how was the rigor of the classes compared to undergrad?
Thanks! Umm I wouldn't say "everyone" graduates in August because some people get into med school during the program then stop the program. Some can't graduate due to low GPA. But, for the most part if you do well, graduation is at the beginning of August (I think mine was 8/4). Many people get into med school while in the program (I think they market 20% get in during the program, 60% of the remaining get in the year after)... but the vast majority of those that do get in during the program go to DO schools... MD acceptances are much much much fewer during the program and they're usually at low-tier schools like FSU. So, unless you have a competitive GPA, MCAT, and good extracurriculars (like a 3.7, 510+) then I'd definitely say your chances at an MD acceptance during the program are low (not impossible, but low). Plus, why would people do the program if their stats for MD are fine anyway? It is an academic enrichment masters for a reason! haha. As for the class rigor, it is a master's program where you'll be taking 4 hard science courses at the same time that will go into much more detail than undergrad, so it is most definitely more difficult. However, the tests are fair so if you know the info inside and out and CAN APPLY the material (not just simply memorize it...) then you can most certainly do well. I never had a "close call" or problem with any classes in MSP3. If you have any more questions, let me know! Good luck~

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted today, almost 4 days after applying! I’m just going to list my stats for whenever ppl actually start looking at this feed lol

Stats:
3.32 cumulative GPA
3.28 science GPA
304 GRE score

I’m a senior in undergrad right now doing biomedical research, I have about 30 shadowing hrs, 150+ community service hrs, and I have been a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) for a few years.

Good luck everyone !!!
I wish I knew how to add gifs on here be cause this post was “gif worthy”. Lol
Congrats!!! Which cycle are you aiming for?

New to this so don't know if this will go through! But did you get a confirmation email after you submitted your application/scores/LORs? I received the confirmation message you get in the USF website after you submit your application but no email yet so just wanted to make sure.

Thanks so much in advance!

New to this so don't know if this will go through! But did you get a confirmation email after you submitted your application/scores/LORs? I received the confirmation message you get in the USF website after you submit your application but no email yet so just wanted to make sure.

Thanks so much in advance!

@cat_lady Did you get a reply from the program? I submitted my application just after before Christmas and my application was sent to the admissions committee on Tuesday (2 days ago) and I received the acceptance email today. Was just curious if you had heard back from the program yet.

@cat_lady Did you get a reply from the program? I submitted my application just after before Christmas and my application was sent to the admissions committee on Tuesday (2 days ago) and I received the acceptance email today. Was just curious if you had heard back from the program yet.

Never got a reply from the program but I kept checking my application portal to see if any updates would pop up and I actually just got the notification about 2-3 days ago that my application has been sent to the admissions committee! So I should be hearing back soon from them with the decision. Fingers crossed. Thanks so much for your help and checking up and congratulations on your acceptance!

So sorry that I’m just now getting back with you all. I tried to delete this thread because I didn’t think anyone would ever use it lol . Congrats @FLgator26 !! And @cat_lady I really hope you get in !!!

Yo, if you have any questions, feel free to hit me up. I just graduated from the pre-professional track in August 2018 and did well while balancing MCAT studies, community service, and *somewhat* of a social life (lol)!
any chance I could message you with some questions regarding the statement of purpose?

any chance I could message you with some questions regarding the statement of purpose?
Go for it, I may take a day or two to respond since I don't check sdn all the time. But, I'll keep an eye out for your message.

Go for it, I may take a day or two to respond since I don't check sdn all the time. But, I'll keep an eye out for your message.
So I guess my initial question is should this be written in the same manner a personal statement would be? I am struggling to understand how much focus I should be giving the 'why medicine' question and how much to give to my qualifications and why USF specifically. Should it be more of a narrative with flowery language or a little more objective?

Additionally, how much weight do you think is placed on this portion of the application? I can't tell if my stress is justified or not haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I guess my initial question is should this be written in the same manner a personal statement would be? I am struggling to understand how much focus I should be giving the 'why medicine' question and how much to give to my qualifications and why USF specifically. Should it be more of a narrative with flowery language or a little more objective?

Additionally, how much weight do you think is placed on this portion of the application? I can't tell if my stress is justified or not haha.
Yes, pretty similar to a personal statement. Just tell them why you want to do the master's program (what lead you to this decision), what has prepared you for this program (why medicine, volunteering, jobs, YOUR UNIQUE BACKGROUND/STORY), and your professional goals (MD, DO, DVM, DMD, etc). I think they want it to be 1 page if I remember. You have to be concise, so I personally focused on my why medicine/why USF, not so much on qualifications since they have your resume. Anything you feel that is important to your story that isn't mentioned elsewhere in your app is most important.

Everyone likes to read a story, but be careful of becoming too verbose and using fluff language. You can tell a good story and be concise. I have no idea how much it weighs in the grand scheme of things, but they do ask for it so it does count for something.. just do your best and be genuine. That's all they're looking for. There's no reason to stress! haha

Hello everyone, first post here.

I applied to the Anatomy masters program about a month ago. I just received an email on Tuesday from admissions saying they have passed all my application stuff on to the board to be reviewed and for a decision to be made. I had a few questions about the program while I wait.

First, does anyone know the turn around time on when the acceptance decision is made?

Second, is an MCAT absolutely required for the program? At this time, I am scheduled to take it on April 4th, but plan on taking it again during the program. My reasoning behind this is because I don't feel confident enough that my first attempt will be med school worthy, and want to actually take a formulated class to help me prepare. I've talked to admissions and they said they "may" wait until the MCAT score comes back. That's fine and all, but I would love to know if I am going to have to move BEFORE May. This is my 100% fault, they have every right to wait, but I'm just curious.

Third, has anyone taken the anatomy route? Anatomy is one subject I am passionate about, and it shows from my grades. I was wondering what the program was like.

I'm really seeking a one year masters degree program for something other than my previous masters to keep that upward trend going. After charting my grades (for kicks and giggles), there is literally a rising trend throughout my college career. I would love to have one more year to show that I can maintain those grades, as well as adding another degree to my resume.

Any advice (and speculation if I will actually get in) will be awesome. This school, program, and city sound like a dream. Thanks!

Stats:
Undergrad c/sGPA: 2.75/2.61
M.S. in Biomedical Science GPA: 3.50
GRE: 302

4 years of experience working as a paramedic
8 years in volunteer fire department
1 year as a paid firefighter/EMT
EMT-P (paramedic), FP-C (flight paramedic), CC-P (critical care paramedic), NFPA 1403 (firefighting) certification
Licensed BLS instructor
Lab assisted for 2 semesters in cadaver lab
Adjunct instructor for EMT-B classes

Never got a reply from the program but I kept checking my application portal to see if any updates would pop up and I actually just got the notification about 2-3 days ago that my application has been sent to the admissions committee! So I should be hearing back soon from them with the decision. Fingers crossed. Thanks so much for your help and checking up and congratulations on your acceptance!

Did you ever get a decision?

Hey all, I’m currently in this program, anatomy concentration. If you have any question, ask or pm me. I’ll be happy to answer!

Hey all, I’m currently in this program, anatomy concentration. If you have any question, ask or pm me. I’ll be happy to answer!
How many are in the anatomy program? I've been waiting or about 3 weeks for a decision now and starting to get a little nervous. I spoke with one of the admissions people and they said, "we may wait for your MCAT scores to come in, but I'm not sure because you already have a GRE."

What's the acceptance outlook and turnaround time look like?

How many are in the anatomy program? I've been waiting or about 3 weeks for a decision now and starting to get a little nervous. I spoke with one of the admissions people and they said, "we may wait for your MCAT scores to come in, but I'm not sure because you already have a GRE."

What's the acceptance outlook and turnaround time look like?

There are about 30-35 of us in the anatomy concentration. My turnaround time was 2 weeks but I have talked to people who waited for a couple months. They do prefer MCAT score over GRE so maybe that’s why they’re waiting for that. I suggest keeping in touch with them and see what they have to say

There are about 30-35 of us in the anatomy concentration. My turnaround time was 2 weeks but I have talked to people who waited for a couple months. They do prefer MCAT score over GRE so maybe that’s why they’re waiting for that. I suggest keeping in touch with them and see what they have to say

I figured they would wait. I haven't taken it yet, but my practice tests are going well so I'm not terribly worried. I've had my sights set on this school for a while, mainly because of their anatomy program.

From the inside, is it a good program? Is there a fair amount of matriculation?

I'm just eager to hear back from them. Thanks for answering!

I figured they would wait. I haven't taken it yet, but my practice tests are going well so I'm not terribly worried. I've had my sights set on this school for a while, mainly because of their anatomy program.

From the inside, is it a good program? Is there a fair amount of matriculation?

I'm just eager to hear back from them. Thanks for answering!

It is a really good program in my opinion, lots of anatomy for sure. We get to do gross anatomy course which is you go in and dissect cadavers, something that not a lot of masters degrees offer, so lots of textbook knowledge but also hands on as well. The class size is small which is super nice since the students know each other and the professors know everyone by name.
A fair number of my classmates already got accepted into professional schools (med, dental, etc) so yeah

Does anyone know if they are still accepting people?

Hey guys! Not sure if people are using this page anymore, but I just got an acceptance email for the anatomy concentration. Applied in early april, but they waited for my GRE scores in late may. I got the acceptance email 2 days ago.

Anyways, does anybody know if there is a facebook group? I imagine there may be one for each concentration and one for all of the MS at Morsani.

Hey guys! Not sure if people are using this page anymore, but I just got an acceptance email for the anatomy concentration. Applied in early april, but they waited for my GRE scores in late may. I got the acceptance email 2 days ago.

Anyways, does anybody know if there is a facebook group? I imagine there may be one for each concentration and one for all of the MS at Morsani.
You guys will probably create a group at orientation later in the summer before school starts

For those of you starting this program in August, where are you living? I was on a waiting list for a DO school and have yet to be accepted so I guess it's time to looking for places to live in Tampa lol

Hi I was recently accepted to this program for upcoming Fall 2019. I would love to get a head start in preparing for the classes, does anyone have a link to the powerpoints that will be used? And/or pdf books?

I just finished the Pre-Professional Track so can answer any questions. Don't worry about preparing ahead of time. The professors ease you into the program so preparing ahead of time is not necessary. If you feel like you absolutely must do something, start memorizing the amino acid classifications, structures, and abbreviations. It'll be a busy but really rewarding year ahead. Use the time now to relax and rest up. A piece of advice: start the program strong and do not slack off. Everyone in the top of the program started reviewing and studying the material weeks before exams. Getting Bs isn't hard but getting As means you need to be focused and dedicated

Can anyone in the anatomy concentration discuss the semesters (over the year) or some of the classes?
For example, on previous posts I have read that the second semester of MSP3 is more challenging than the first. The rationale is that in the first semester- the courses have subject matter that most of us have seen in undergrad (biochemistry, genetics, microbiology etc).

1) Does the anatomy concentration progress in difficulty over the semesters (i.e. second semester harder than first)?
2) When do anatomy students get to dissect cadavers?
3) Most challenging courses in the concentration?
4) What does the "Supervised Teaching in Anatomy" course entail?
5) Any recommendations or noteworthy information for incoming anatomy students.

Thanks!

I just finished the Pre-Professional Track so can answer any questions. Don't worry about preparing ahead of time. The professors ease you into the program so preparing ahead of time is not necessary. If you feel like you absolutely must do something, start memorizing the amino acid classifications, structures, and abbreviations. It'll be a busy but really rewarding year ahead. Use the time now to relax and rest up. A piece of advice: start the program strong and do not slack off. Everyone in the top of the program started reviewing and studying the material weeks before exams. Getting Bs isn't hard but getting As means you need to be focused and dedicated
How frequent are exams/how busy are the first few weeks? I'm retaking the MCAT September 14th

How frequent are exams/how busy are the first few weeks? I'm retaking the MCAT September 14th
Exams occur in sets of 4 exams in the four courses over 9 days. One week you’ll have it on Thursday. The following week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Last year we had 4 weeks between the first day of fall classes and our first set of exams. This year the start date is a week later, August 26th. But last year we started classes on August 20th and had our first exam September 20th. You should be fine to take it on September 14th; however, that was my initial plan and retook it in May instead towards the end of the program. What you learn in the program helps a ton for the MCAT. If you’re already scoring where you want to be, September is great

Is anyone going to the graduate orientation today? Does anyone know if it is mandatory?

Is anyone going to the graduate orientation today? Does anyone know if it is mandatory?
Sorry for the late response. I went yesterday and to be honest, it was knly for people who know are new to USF. The mentioned USF resources and stuff about financial aid and Tampa. Not really much else.

Your college specific orientation IS mandatory. If you are MSP3, it’s on the 21st. Everyone else is on the 20th, I believe.

@gfish180 how useful is it to have the textbooks? I heard most of what we'll be tested on comes straight from lecture and I don't really want to buy the books if I don't need to.

@gfish180 how useful is it to have the textbooks? I heard most of what we'll be tested on comes straight from lecture and I don't really want to buy the books if I don't need to.
I would not recommend buying the books. They are best considered as reference texts. I would say you need the book for Physiology in the spring and Ethics in the summer but aside from that, I wouldn't buy them.

I would not recommend buying the books. They are best considered as reference texts. I would say you need the book for Physiology in the spring and Ethics in the summer but aside from that, I wouldn't buy them.
awesome, thanks!

@gfish180 can you give tips on how you studied? At the orientation they said studying is average 40hrs/week. The TAs said they studied 60hrs/week to really excel. Is it trying to memorize and understand every PowerPoint slide? Any YouTube studying videos you recommend?

@gfish180 can you give tips on how you studied? At the orientation they said studying is average 40hrs/week. The TAs said they studied 60hrs/week to really excel. Is it trying to memorize and understand every PowerPoint slide? Any YouTube studying videos you recommend?
Before each class I skimmed the lecture to familiarize myself with the content. I went to class. Definitely go to class. The lectures are recorded but when you watch them at home or on 1.7x speed, you never pay as much attention as you would otherwise if you were in class. Professors will occasionally test on content that was spoken out-loud. I annotated PDFs of the PPTs in class. Each day, I went home and typed up the text on the PPT slides along with the notes I added from class. I included the important images from the powerpoint as well. By exam time, I had a long comprehensive organized study guide. This process is time consuming but made me very successful in the classes. I wouldn't memorize every single little detail on the slides--that's not high yield. You can usually tell by the way the professors teach and go through the material what is important is what is supplemental information. I formed a study group fairly quickly and that was extremely helpful. It's great having someone you can study the material with who is engaging and helps bring the content to life. I also diagrammed out pathways (like in biochem and genetics) and always tried to draw connections between the classes. Similar topics are presented between concurrent classes, which is pretty nice and helps to reinforce the content.

In terms of getting ready for exams, cramming will not work. You want to build a foundation for the material early on so when the "cram" of exams comes, you're simply refreshing yourself on the material and filling in knowledge gaps. That's not to say exam blocks aren't stressful. They are stressful, but if you prepare well, you set yourself up for success. Something I did once I had my comprehensive study guides was writing out the material on piece of paper or on a notes app on my iPad. I also would occasionally listen to the audio of the recorded lectures while going running or driving. Download the Panopto app and stream the lecture audio. It's a great way to keep yourself fresh on the material especially around exam time. My technique may sound like overkill and it was really a lot but it worked for me. Everyone learns differently but you'll see what works best for you.

The biggest thing I'd say is start off strong and do not slack off. You should be studying next weekend and starting to form study groups. People are really nice. I'd recommend sitting in different seats of the auditorium throughout the week and just talking to random people. If you do very poorly on the first round of exams, it makes it very difficult to do well in the courses later on. The grade in each class is determined by 3 equally weighted exams. If you do well from the start, it makes it a little less stressful throughout the semester. Also go to the TA sessions, especially when you're struggling with a topic that was covered that week in class. The TAs will have recommendations and will send out links for helpful YouTube videos. The 60hrs a week thing is close to accurate. The week after an exam block, you're not studying 60hrs but in those 9 days of exam blocks, you're studying for as many hours fit in the day aside from eating, working out, sleeping (6-8hrs), and class. It's always better to start out strong and ease off a little than to not study enough and have to play catch up the entire year. A 4.0 is achievable but you have to really want it.

Before each class I skimmed the lecture to familiarize myself with the content. I went to class. Definitely go to class. The lectures are recorded but when you watch them at home or on 1.7x speed, you never pay as much attention as you would otherwise if you were in class. Professors will occasionally test on content that was spoken out-loud. I annotated PDFs of the PPTs in class. Each day, I went home and typed up the text on the PPT slides along with the notes I added from class. I included the important images from the powerpoint as well. By exam time, I had a long comprehensive organized study guide. This process is time consuming but made me very successful in the classes. I wouldn't memorize every single little detail on the slides--that's not high yield. You can usually tell by the way the professors teach and go through the material what is important is what is supplemental information. I formed a study group fairly quickly and that was extremely helpful. It's great having someone you can study the material with who is engaging and helps bring the content to life. I also diagrammed out pathways (like in biochem and genetics) and always tried to draw connections between the classes. Similar topics are presented between concurrent classes, which is pretty nice and helps to reinforce the content.

In terms of getting ready for exams, cramming will not work. You want to build a foundation for the material early on so when the "cram" of exams comes, you're simply refreshing yourself on the material and filling in knowledge gaps. That's not to say exam blocks aren't stressful. They are stressful, but if you prepare well, you set yourself up for success. Something I did once I had my comprehensive study guides was writing out the material on piece of paper or on a notes app on my iPad. I also would occasionally listen to the audio of the recorded lectures while going running or driving. Download the Panopto app and stream the lecture audio. It's a great way to keep yourself fresh on the material especially around exam time. My technique may sound like overkill and it was really a lot but it worked for me. Everyone learns differently but you'll see what works best for you.

The biggest thing I'd say is start off strong and do not slack off. You should be studying next weekend and starting to form study groups. People are really nice. I'd recommend sitting in different seats of the auditorium throughout the week and just talking to random people. If you do very poorly on the first round of exams, it makes it very difficult to do well in the courses later on. The grade in each class is determined by 3 equally weighted exams. If you do well from the start, it makes it a little less stressful throughout the semester. Also go to the TA sessions, especially when you're struggling with a topic that was covered that week in class. The TAs will have recommendations and will send out links for helpful YouTube videos. The 60hrs a week thing is close to accurate. The week after an exam block, you're not studying 60hrs but in those 9 days of exam blocks, you're studying for as many hours fit in the day aside from eating, working out, sleeping (6-8hrs), and class. It's always better to start out strong and ease off a little than to not study enough and have to play catch up the entire year. A 4.0 is achievable but you have to really want it.

Great advice, thank you so much I really appreciate it!

Hi everyone, I am a senior and am hoping to apply to the MSP3 program at USF to enhance my application for med school. I am really interested in the program but the site says that they only take MCAT scores now and I am not scheduled to take the MCAT until March. Will I still have a good chance at getting in if they are not receiving my score until April? Their deadline says the application has to be complete by June.

My stats are:
uGPA: 3.3
sGPA: 3.3

And I have over 100+ shadowing hours, 100+ community service hours and have worked consistently in a research lab since my sophomore year. I will also be a certified Medical Spanish Interpreter by July and have gone on a medical mission trip to Costa Rica to work in rural communities. I'm not sure what else to include, but those are the things I am planning on emphasizing in my application. Please let me know if you have any helpful advice or guidance when it comes to this process!

Hi everyone, I am a senior and am hoping to apply to the MSP3 program at USF to enhance my application for med school. I am really interested in the program but the site says that they only take MCAT scores now and I am not scheduled to take the MCAT until March. Will I still have a good chance at getting in if they are not receiving my score until April? Their deadline says the application has to be complete by June.

My stats are:
uGPA: 3.3
sGPA: 3.3

And I have over 100+ shadowing hours, 100+ community service hours and have worked consistently in a research lab since my sophomore year. I will also be a certified Medical Spanish Interpreter by July and have gone on a medical mission trip to Costa Rica to work in rural communities. I'm not sure what else to include, but those are the things I am planning on emphasizing in my application. Please let me know if you have any helpful advice or guidance when it comes to this process!

Your GRE or MCAT Score is going to be important. But I've known people with lower stats that received their acceptance in May and June. I'm in the Anatomy program now and I love it. The MSP3 folks I've talked to said their stats were really bad, but the program has a high acceptance rate. Plus there are 200+ seats available, so that's less to worry about. I would suggest emailing the program director so they know who you are. It worked for me.

Your GRE or MCAT Score is going to be important. But I've known people with lower stats that received their acceptance in May and June. I'm in the Anatomy program now and I love it. The MSP3 folks I've talked to said their stats were really bad, but the program has a high acceptance rate. Plus there are 200+ seats available, so that's less to worry about. I would suggest emailing the program director so they know who you are. It worked for me.
Hi! Thank you so much for your response! It was so helpful and encouraging! I'm going to reach out to the program today.

Hi i am planning on applying to the USF master of medical science IMS program for this year and would like to know what you think my chances are of acceptance.

I graduated from USF with a B.S in Biomedical Sciences and B.S in Public Health (I was a dual-concurrent major). My overall GPA was a 3.69, Science GPA 3.43. I have 100+ shadowing experience from a Dr at USF health. I have 250+ volunteering experience. was very active at USF, scholarships, awards, mission trips, studying abroad, etc. The only thing is my MCAT was 493 which i believe could be the only thing holding me back, i plan on taking again in may unfortunately after the deadline to apply.

let me know what ya'll think! thank you!

Hi everyone! I’m just posting here since this is the newest thread. I just applied to the program and was wondering if anyone else sent their LORs through Interfolio to the provided email. Were there any issues? I just want to make sure my application isn’t stalled at all. Thanks!

Update: For anyone looking for this info (since I couldn't find anything on the internet), email them with your reference number and U number to verify they received it. Be sure to include your U number in the interfolio delivery request title. I got an email back within a day that they had received my letters via interfolio.

Last edited:
Hello everyone I am wondering how hard is it to get a research assistant or TA position at USF. I am starting the Molecular Medicine program this coming Fall

Hi everyone,
I see that they offer the medical anatomy course online. How are the online exams? Are they proctored with webcam?
Thank you

Hi everyone,
I see that they offer the medical anatomy course online. How are the online exams? Are they proctored with webcam?
Thank you
Yes, they use ProctorU and record you when you take an exam. You’ll also get flagged if you are talking or if there are visible notes/book in sight of the camera.

Anyone has the syllabus for Basic medical anatomy? I can't find it on their websites. I wanna know how things are going to be graded and so, in order to apply.

Yes, pretty similar to a personal statement. Just tell them why you want to do the master's program (what lead you to this decision), what has prepared you for this program (why medicine, volunteering, jobs, YOUR UNIQUE BACKGROUND/STORY), and your professional goals (MD, DO, DVM, DMD, etc). I think they want it to be 1 page if I remember. You have to be concise, so I personally focused on my why medicine/why USF, not so much on qualifications since they have your resume. Anything you feel that is important to your story that isn't mentioned elsewhere in your app is most important.

Everyone likes to read a story, but be careful of becoming too verbose and using fluff language. You can tell a good story and be concise. I have no idea how much it weighs in the grand scheme of things, but they do ask for it so it does count for something.. just do your best and be genuine. That's all they're looking for. There's no reason to stress! haha
Hi Paul, thanks for the insight! any advice on managing workload in the program. Were there any apps/techniques that made learning the content abit easier?

On USF's website, it claims that their program can get you an interview with ACOM or VCOM if certain metrics are met. Does anyone know these metrics?