You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II USMLE - Official 2015 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread
Started by WBecks0
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think we're all going a little stir crazy and need something to perseverate on. Rumor has it that once the permit disappears, that means you will be getting your score the next day or so. Who knows? We'll find out tomorrow I guess.How is the permit being gone important? I'm confused because last year my permit was there the whole time before I received my step 1 score.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
July 21st. I had one block of 42 q's, the rest were 44. My permit still there, but the link does not work.
I took Step 2 end of July. Still waiting to hear back on score, have a feeling it is going to be delayed. Did UWORLD, Kaplan lecture notes and read a lot of Uptodate with clinical rotations. Within a few points either way for PH on most shelf exams 3rd year. Was scoring in the 230’s on NBME 4, 6 and 7 and the UWSA, which I completed around exam time. Thought the real deal was a fair evaluation of my current knowledge and my previously mentioned material covered a sufficient percent of the material in enough depth to at least give me a shot at any individual question. Subject material was relatively balanced. As mentioned in this thread numerous times, the stems are epic in length and I found a lot of use in the highlighter just to break up the wall of text on my screen. I felt “ok” walking out but I am also not the type to have a lot of anxiety about tests. Best of luck to everyone and maybe I will see you on the wards.
Took it July 24th, one block of 42 and one block of 32 q and permit still there (but link does not work)... I guess all of us who had a 32q block will need to wait...
7/24, one 42 with the rest 44, permit link there but not working; completely freaked out.
Quick question though; does anyone's permit link actually work?
Quick question though; does anyone's permit link actually work?
Last edited:
i did not have a 32 block and my link is still there, the lady at nbme said target date is 9/16 and that we get an email the morning of just like step 1. Ive heard that some people still have permit link and get scores so that is my hope for tomorrow. I took it 7/23
7/24, one 42 with the rest 44, permit link there but not working; completely freaked out.
I'm in the same boat.
what happens when you click on link does it say you sat for exam?
what happens when you click on link does it say you sat for exam?
Yeah
mine has said that since the exam, what has yours been saying, Im starting to feel the disappearance of the link= score report is bogus. Maybe yours had this all along?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would have thought that seven sets of 44 with one 42 was what was always the normal way to get to 350, so I think we were the normal ones. I'll wait until tomorrow to pass judgment.
Took it 7/16 and still no score. Permit still there.
Had one section of 32.
Looks like I just missed the cutoff for normal release scores - unless there's anyone from before 7/16 who hasn't received scores.
Had one section of 32.
Looks like I just missed the cutoff for normal release scores - unless there's anyone from before 7/16 who hasn't received scores.
Permit still there but i think its bogus anyone know when we receive the email if we get scores
Based on when I got e-mails for Step 1 and Step 2 CS, between 10:30 and 11 AM.Permit still there but i think its bogus anyone know when we receive the email if we get scores
Looking like no go for me this week
Nope did the tester from the 31 get his/her score
No score report. Took July 19. Had the 6(44),1(42),1(32) version. Going on 6 weeks after today without a score.
I'm wondering if there were a few post-cutoff test takers that "slipped through the cracks" and recieved scores, but now we're in full postponed results mode 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One hopes they'll make the curve more generous due to the wait time. One hopes.
Took mine on 7/28
Last block was 35 questions
Permit link is gone
No result yet.... Still waiting
Last block was 35 questions
Permit link is gone
No result yet.... Still waiting
Last edited:
You think it could be generous curve? This is just silly waiting this long someone said 6 weeks they've been waiting too. Wonder why the selected score releaseOne hopes they'll make the curve more generous due to the wait time. One hopes.
Happy for you. How many questions per block did you have? Any under 40?I took CK July 25th and received my score today. It sounds like I'm an outlier as I understood that I took the test post-cutoff and expected to get my scores on September 16th. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the email this morning.
I had one block of 42 (which included an abstract), all others were 44.Happy for you. How many questions per block did you have? Any under 40?
I had one block of 42 (which included an abstract), all others were 44.
Did your permit link disappear prior to the score coming out?
As I was expecting my score on September 16th, I hadn't looked at the NBME website lately. I was checking my email this morning and noticed that I had received an email from NBME stating that my score report would be available today after 11:00 AM ET.Did your permit link disappear prior to the score coming out?
so you think they will continue to periodically release scores each week or everyone left will now just be right on 9/16. Wonder if our performance will be combined with those who had sections with fewer questions altering the curve?
Finally took this beast today! I think it went alright, felt much better than step 1. I had a 42 q block and a 36 q block but that last 36 q block was still hard to finish on time ha. Any idea if those of us who took it this week will still get our score on sept 16th? Also for those of you who have gotten your score back, what's the average this year?
Thanks in advance!
Thanks in advance!
It can't be ruled out that the rest of us may get test scores on a subsequent Wednesday before 9/16.so you think they will continue to periodically release scores each week or everyone left will now just be right on 9/16. Wonder if our performance will be combined with those who had sections with fewer questions altering the curve?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally took this beast today! I think it went alright, felt much better than step 1. I had a 42 q block and a 36 q block but that last 36 q block was still hard to finish on time ha. Any idea if those of us who took it this week will still get our score on sept 16th? Also for those of you who have gotten your score back, what's the average this year?
Thanks in advance!
My score report states that the average was 240 with a SD of 18.
My score report states that the average was 240 with a SD of 18.
so damn high
i wonder if PDs are aware of this uptrend or are a few years behind this rise in scores
Took it today. Every block was 44 questions but one. Only studies 19 days with a 253 on the U world exam. I thought it was very difficult. I'll be happy to pass.
Thanks DVolle!
I guess I'll write up my prep too.
1 month of dedicated studying on an easy rotation. Got through UWorld once with a 72% timed random. Read through MTB 2 a few times and did DIT. I feel like the NBME's are a waste of time since I can't review the answers. UWSA - 252 (3 days before). Felt like the test was really pretty easy in comparison to step 1, which is kind of scary and makes me think I wasn't reading the questions fully or something. We'll see.
I guess I'll write up my prep too.
1 month of dedicated studying on an easy rotation. Got through UWorld once with a 72% timed random. Read through MTB 2 a few times and did DIT. I feel like the NBME's are a waste of time since I can't review the answers. UWSA - 252 (3 days before). Felt like the test was really pretty easy in comparison to step 1, which is kind of scary and makes me think I wasn't reading the questions fully or something. We'll see.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 864
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 584