-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II USMLE - Official 2015 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread
Started by WBecks0
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Taking a quick look at Harrisons and uptodate, I think age has to do with the answer. In uptodate it says most sources say diverticulosis is the most common, while angiodysplasia "may" be the most frequent cause in adults over age 65.I had a question for you guys. What's the mcc of lower GI bleed? I just got a UW question wrong (2341) where it states diverticulosis is the mcc. However, in MTB: IM it says angiodysplasia is the mcc. Tried to see if this book has an errata, but it unfortunately doesn't. I remember doing a UW question where AVM was the answer (4085) however that's because it's in association with aortic stenosis.
Can anybody help me with this? Any idea why AVM would be listed here as the MCC? Should I just consider it as a typo and list diverticulosis as the MCC since UW and MTB2 say it is? @Phloston @kirbymiester
[/IMG]![]()
Diverticular bleeds are definitely most common. Angiodysplasia isn't nearly as common but is always an important differential.I had a question for you guys. What's the mcc of lower GI bleed? I just got a UW question wrong (2341) where it states diverticulosis is the mcc. However, in MTB: IM it says angiodysplasia is the mcc. Tried to see if this book has an errata, but it unfortunately doesn't. I remember doing a UW question where AVM was the answer (4085) however that's because it's in association with aortic stenosis.
Can anybody help me with this? Any idea why AVM would be listed here as the MCC? Should I just consider it as a typo and list diverticulosis as the MCC since UW and MTB2 say it is? @Phloston @kirbymiester
[/IMG]![]()
Permit link is finally gone.
Took exam 7/16. Guess tomorrow is the day.
Took exam 7/16. Guess tomorrow is the day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Permit link is finally gone.
Took exam 7/16. Guess tomorrow is the day.
Did your 3 month testing window expire today on Sept 1? Links disappear when the testing window is up so it may not mean your score is coming.
Yeah you're right. Just the permit expiring.
Damn.
Damn.
So with step 2ck scores supposedly being released Sept. 16 and residency application opening the day before on the 15, I want to see you guys opinion on something.
Should I apply on 9/15 but not release my usmle transcripts until I get my score for fear of failing step 2? Should I apply on the 15th and release my usmle before hand without knowing my step 2 score? Or just wait altogether to apply once my step 2 score is released but risk applying later.
Guess I'm trying to balance my anxiety having just taken step 2 vs being first in line with my application vs applying without my score vs applying with potentially failing ck.
Should I apply on 9/15 but not release my usmle transcripts until I get my score for fear of failing step 2? Should I apply on the 15th and release my usmle before hand without knowing my step 2 score? Or just wait altogether to apply once my step 2 score is released but risk applying later.
Guess I'm trying to balance my anxiety having just taken step 2 vs being first in line with my application vs applying without my score vs applying with potentially failing ck.
I had a question for you guys. What's the mcc of lower GI bleed? I just got a UW question wrong (2341) where it states diverticulosis is the mcc. However, in MTB: IM it says angiodysplasia is the mcc. Tried to see if this book has an errata, but it unfortunately doesn't. I remember doing a UW question where AVM was the answer (4085) however that's because it's in association with aortic stenosis.
Can anybody help me with this? Any idea why AVM would be listed here as the MCC? Should I just consider it as a typo and list diverticulosis as the MCC since UW and MTB2 say it is? @Phloston @kirbymiester
[/IMG]![]()
I'd trust UWorld over other resources anyway, but to add to the discussion, USMLERx also had a question where they specifically wanted you to know diverticulosis > colon polyps/CA > angiodysplasia.
Nobody received anything today, right?
Nothing other than the false positive of the permit link disappearing.Nobody received anything today, right?
Hey guys. I sat for the exam on August 14. Now I thought my score won't be out till September 16, however my permit disappeared yesterday! I've been checking all morning for the score, but it still hasn't come out yet. Does anyone know what time on Wednesdays the scores are usually reported?
usually after 10AM.Hey guys. I sat for the exam on August 14. Now I thought my score won't be out till September 16, however my permit disappeared yesterday! I've been checking all morning for the score, but it still hasn't come out yet. Does anyone know what time on Wednesdays the scores are usually reported?
I sat on Agoust 11, no news so far
Last edited:
People are upset with this waiting,
usually after 10AM.
I sat on Agoust 11, no news so far
Did you permit disappear like mine?
Did you permit disappear like mine?
usually after 10AM.
I sat on Agoust 11, no news so far
How can you guys expect ck results today....please wait until sept 16,2015....
USMLE Officially says this: The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees who test during July 13th through late August period will be Wednesday, September 16, 2015.
Here logically i think late August means Aug 21st through Aug 28th (Friday)
Like I mentioned above, your permit likely disappeared yesterday because your 3 month testing period expired, not because your score was coming out.Did you permit disappear like mine?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like I mentioned above, your permit likely disappeared yesterday because your 3 month testing period expired, not because your score was coming out.
yes , you are correct...permit disappeared does not mean score is about to release....that can be coincidence sometimes, but not related
permit still there but my eligibility period has not expired yet; although we know about the delayed maybe we prefer to talk about it and reduce our anxiety, we are not different to our patients sometimes...
permit still there but my eligibility period has not expired yet; although we know about the delayed maybe we prefer to talk about it and reduce our anxiety, we are not different to our patients sometimes...
yes...discussion about results may reduce anxiety...I agree with you 🙂
How can you guys expect ck results today....please wait until sept 16,2015....
USMLE Officially says this: The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees who test during July 13th through late August period will be Wednesday, September 16, 2015.
Here logically i think late August means Aug 21st through Aug 28th (Friday)
Hopefully late August = August 31st too.
That's when I took it.
Hopefully late August = August 31st too.
That's when I took it.
Beginning from Wednesday-Thursday-Friday, USMLE requires minimum 3 Wednesdays....I think Aug 31st does not mean Late August, They may consider Aug 27 (thu) or Aug 28(friday) as late August because it fits minimum requirement for 3 weeks...I already searched all previous years statements about CK delay score and their terminology about "late month" . Based on my personal research, i assume Aug 27 or 28 is late august to get results on Sept 16
Hopefully late August = August 31st too.
That's when I took it.
you may get results on Sept 23 (3rd wed) or 30th (4th wed)...All the best my friend
Last edited:
Wow, you really did awesome research 🙂 And I agree any discussion can relieve anxiety since it's a such long waiting.Beginning from Wednesday-Thursday-Friday, USMLE requires minimum 3 Wednesdays....I think Aug 31st does not mean Late August, They may consider Aug 27 (thu) or Aug 28(friday) as late August because it fits minimum requirement for 3 weeks...I already searched all previous years statements about CK delay score and their terminology about "late month" . Based on my personal research, i assume Aug 27 or 28 is late august to get results on Sept 16
However, in MTB: IM it says angiodysplasia is the mcc.
That's weird. I'm using MTB: Step 2 CK (3rd ed) and it definitely says mcc of lower GI bleed is diverticulosis.
How can you guys expect ck results today....please wait until sept 16,2015....
USMLE Officially says this: The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees who test during July 13th through late August period will be Wednesday, September 16, 2015.
Here logically i think late August means Aug 21st through Aug 28th (Friday)
It's not that crazy to think some may get scores during this delay - if you were to underline the two words before where you started you would have seen 'most examinees'. I have a theory that if your exam had the classic 44/42 question blocks, it is possible that your score might be reported on schedule.
It's not that crazy to think some may get scores during this delay - if you were to underline the two words before where you started you would have seen 'most examinees'. I have a theory that if your exam had the classic 44/42 question blocks, it is possible that your score might be reported on schedule.
Thanks for clarification but read the whole sentence once again...it says MOST EXAMINEES who test during July 13th through late August period will be Wednesday, September 16, 2015.....what usmle meant to say is that "for most examiness results will be on Sept 16th and for remaining examiness results will be over next week (sept 23)"...I think you understood in other way
I was answering some guys who took exam after July 13 and in August...please understand entire statement and then comment...I was just curious about how can some one expect results before sept 16th even after usmle announcement....just take my statement in a positive way my dear brother/sister
USMLE also states that " If you need to receive a Step 2 CK score before September 16, we recommend that you take Step 2 CK no later than Friday, July 10, 2015."
Read entire announcement here on page 2 of this link and then comment http://usmle.org/announcements/default.aspx?ContentId=164
Last edited:
Thanks for clarification but read the whole sentence once again...it says MOST EXAMINEES who test during July 13th through late August period will be Wednesday, September 16, 2015.....what usmle meant to say is that "for most examiness results will be on Sept 16th and for remaining examiness results will be over next week (sept 23)"...I think you understood in other way
I was answering some guys who took exam after July 13 and in August...please understand entire statement and then comment...I was just curious about how can some one expect results before sept 16th even after usmle announcement....just take my statement in a positive way my dear brother/sister
USMLE also states that " If you need to receive a Step 2 CK score before September 16, we recommend that you take Step 2 CK no later than Friday, July 10, 2015."
Read entire announcement here and then comment http://usmle.org/announcements/default.aspx?ContentId=164
Pretty bossy there, friend. Apparently you are able to interpret the USMLE and I am not, so I must defer to you dear brother/sister.
You asked 'how can some one expect results before sept 16th'. This is what I told you - how someone might expect results before sept. 16.
I have no doubt that reporting is happening for most examinees on Sept 16th, and also that those taking the exam later in the delay period will likely get their exam scores later than Sept 16th. When I said theory, I meant that I am speculating that there are experimental blocks/exams that 'most examinees' are getting and that the rest (ALL - MOST) are getting the classic exam. I am simply suggesting is that it may be possible that if you had a non-experimental block/exam that results could be reported in the normal time frame. We haven't seen it on the board yet, so it's probably a ****ty theory, but possible.
I have no doubt that reporting is happening for most examinees on Sept 16th, and also that those taking the exam later in the delay period will likely get their exam scores later than Sept 16th. When I said theory, I meant that I am speculating that there are experimental blocks/exams that 'most examinees' are getting and that the rest (ALL - MOST) are getting the classic exam. I am simply suggesting is that it may be possible that if you had a non-experimental block/exam that results could be reported in the normal time frame. We haven't seen it on the board yet, so it's probably a ****ty theory, but possible.
I have no comments but As per USMLE
" If you need to receive a Step 2 CK score before September 16, we recommend that you take Step 2 CK no later than Friday, July 10, 2015."
"The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees who test during July 13th through late August period will be Wednesday, September 16, 2015."
All the best for ck results🙂 just wait n watch👍

"Target date" could easily be interpreted as "no later than, but possibly sooner", so while nobody is expecting scores before the 16th, the anxiety will definitely be there every Wednesday until then.
"Target date" could easily be interpreted as "no later than, but possibly sooner", so while nobody is expecting scores before the 16th, the anxiety will definitely be there every Wednesday until then.
yes, but usmle made some modifications like every year and as per trend they never released before mentioned date and this time it is September 16. Apart from target date they also made other statement "If you need to receive a Step 2 CK score before September 16, we recommend that you take Step 2 CK no later than Friday, July 10, 2015."
I think statements may mislead, if read them individually but if we read entire announcement, it clearly reflects what they mean....But obviously , we all have Wednesday anxiety

sorry duplicate post
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Judging by what everyone is saying, if one was to take his exam prior to August 28th its safe to expect the result on the 16th?
Yes, For those who took exam between July 13th through late August period ( On or before Aug.28), most likely most of the results will be out on Sept. 16th
Just gave my exam.. One 42 block, 6 44bloxks and last 28.. Doable exam I feel with some oddball random factual questions u had to know it to get it.. Made many silly mistakes in retrospect.. Let's wait n watch ..
Booyah !
GL for ck results.....please share your preparation experience and books/q banks used apart from NBME/UWSA scores...Thank u
I'm actually burnt out atm. I'll write my full prep exp soon. But in short, I'm an IMG and had to dig deep to understand the nuances of this exam. Not that I've unlocked the secret, but I tried atleast.
I started with KLN videos, then Su2m, Sx(Pestana),obs(Blueprints),Peds(FA Peds occasionally, mainly stuck with KLN notes), Psych( FA Psych occasionally). Then UW x 1.4 UW (73% first time) (90% 2nd time). I did other stuff too(will add in a detailed experience).
NBME 6 - 242 ( 52% UW left in the first time ) Was happy but didn't know what to take from it, cause I found this nbme too straightforward, and hadnt done a considerable amount of UW.
NBME 7 - 233 . Shocked and taken aback. Made me push my exam by 10 days. Though people say this mock is ambiguous. I honestly feel this mock has been made brilliantly. Broad spectrum of Questions with varying depth in each qn. I found my exam to be a mix of NBME 7 and 6, with it strongly leaning towards 7.
UWSA - 260 (4days before)
Fingers crossed.
I started with KLN videos, then Su2m, Sx(Pestana),obs(Blueprints),Peds(FA Peds occasionally, mainly stuck with KLN notes), Psych( FA Psych occasionally). Then UW x 1.4 UW (73% first time) (90% 2nd time). I did other stuff too(will add in a detailed experience).
NBME 6 - 242 ( 52% UW left in the first time ) Was happy but didn't know what to take from it, cause I found this nbme too straightforward, and hadnt done a considerable amount of UW.
NBME 7 - 233 . Shocked and taken aback. Made me push my exam by 10 days. Though people say this mock is ambiguous. I honestly feel this mock has been made brilliantly. Broad spectrum of Questions with varying depth in each qn. I found my exam to be a mix of NBME 7 and 6, with it strongly leaning towards 7.
UWSA - 260 (4days before)
Fingers crossed.
Last edited:
I'm actually burnt out atm. I'll write my full prep exp soon. But in short, I'm an IMG and had to dig deep to understand the nuances of this exam. Not that I've unlocked the secret, but I tried atleast.
I started with KLN videos, then Su2m, Sx(Pestana),obs(Blueprints),Peds(FA Peds occasionally, mainly stuck with KLN notes), Psych( FA Psych occasionally). Then UW x 1.4 UW (73% first time) (90% 2nd time). I did other stuff too(will add in a detailed experience).
NBME 6 - 242 ( 52% UW left in the first time ) Was happy but didn't know what to take from it, cause I found this nbme too straightforward, and hadnt done a considerable amount of UW.
NBME 7 - 233 . Shocked and taken aback. Made me push my exam by 10 days. Though people say this mock is ambiguous. I honestly feel this mock has been made brilliantly. Broad spectrum of Questions with varying depth in each qn. I found my exam to be a mix of NBME 7 and 6, with it strongly leaning towards 7.
UWSA - 260 (4days before)
Fingers crossed.
You must be tired now....relax n chill.....
yes, but usmle made some modifications like every year and as per trend they never released before mentioned date and this time it is September 16. Apart from target date they also made other statement "If you need to receive a Step 2 CK score before September 16, we recommend that you take Step 2 CK no later than Friday, July 10, 2015."
I think statements may mislead, if read them individually but if we read entire announcement, it clearly reflects what they mean....But obviously , we all have Wednesday anxiety![]()
My friend, we all get it. We understand the trends. Thank you for quoting the USMLE an innumerable amount of times. But unless your name tag says 'USMLE Score Reporting - The Decider', please stop telling us what is clearly clear.
The nuances of the English language can be quite difficult, and as such, the USMLE's statement can be interpreted in many ways. If they wanted to be definitive in this statement they would have said, "If you need to receive a Step 2 CK score before September 16, YOU MUST take Step 2 CK no later than Friday, July 10, 2015." But instead they "recommend", which could certainly be interpreted in several ways.
And again, I'm in complete agreement that we'll have to wait til the 16th, but please stop telling me what they mean to say - cause nobody but them know for sure.
My friend, we all get it. We understand the trends. Thank you for quoting the USMLE an innumerable amount of times. But unless your name tag says 'USMLE Score Reporting - The Decider', please stop telling us what is clearly clear.
The nuances of the English language can be quite difficult, and as such, the USMLE's statement can be interpreted in many ways. If they wanted to be definitive in this statement they would have said, "If you need to receive a Step 2 CK score before September 16, YOU MUST take Step 2 CK no later than Friday, July 10, 2015." But instead they "recommend", which could certainly be interpreted in several ways.
And again, I'm in complete agreement that we'll have to wait til the 16th, but please stop telling me what they mean to say - cause nobody but them know for sure.
Lets stop this here...imagine whatever you want to....i cannot stop you but am not here to argue on simple things wasting my time...i just gave my opinion...am not going to get any prize to be accurate.....thanks
Has anyone at all who took the test after July 10th received their score yet (before September 16th)?
Couple stragglers several pages back, some got them in early August but it's been quiet since thenHas anyone at all who took the test after July 10th received their score yet (before September 16th)?
Congrats to everyone who has crushed the beast!
Question- I had to push back my date, and I am taking it this thursday Sept 10. Obviously, my score won't be back till mid-October. I'm shooting for IM back home in the west, and I needed to do better than I did on Step 1 (226; medschool rankings: 3rd quartile M1-M3, Honors IM clerkship and AI). Based on my NBMEs and UWSA, I am where I want to be and ready to handle business on the real thing... but can anyone tell me, truthfully, did I just eff up my chances at interviews that roll out early? Am I going to be passed over because my score won't be back by the time offers are sent out? Anyone able to offer any wisdom? I'm not looking for comfort to ease my panic. Just want to know from those who are much more organized and connected than me what their experiences have been.
Thanks so much everyone!
Question- I had to push back my date, and I am taking it this thursday Sept 10. Obviously, my score won't be back till mid-October. I'm shooting for IM back home in the west, and I needed to do better than I did on Step 1 (226; medschool rankings: 3rd quartile M1-M3, Honors IM clerkship and AI). Based on my NBMEs and UWSA, I am where I want to be and ready to handle business on the real thing... but can anyone tell me, truthfully, did I just eff up my chances at interviews that roll out early? Am I going to be passed over because my score won't be back by the time offers are sent out? Anyone able to offer any wisdom? I'm not looking for comfort to ease my panic. Just want to know from those who are much more organized and connected than me what their experiences have been.
Thanks so much everyone!
Hey,Congrats to everyone who has crushed the beast!
Question- I had to push back my date, and I am taking it this thursday Sept 10. Obviously, my score won't be back till mid-October. I'm shooting for IM back home in the west, and I needed to do better than I did on Step 1 (226; medschool rankings: 3rd quartile M1-M3, Honors IM clerkship and AI). Based on my NBMEs and UWSA, I am where I want to be and ready to handle business on the real thing... but can anyone tell me, truthfully, did I just eff up my chances at interviews that roll out early? Am I going to be passed over because my score won't be back by the time offers are sent out? Anyone able to offer any wisdom? I'm not looking for comfort to ease my panic. Just want to know from those who are much more organized and connected than me what their experiences have been.
Thanks so much everyone!
I also applying so take my "knowledge" with grain of salt. I was in the process of applying last year but didn't apply. I think you should have your scores back before mid October (i think probably end of september). I am taking mine on the 18th so i should have scores back on October 7th.
I did speak to Conrad fischer and few other IM residency program directors back in new york and was told it's not a big deal. Since, from what i can remember, MSPEs are released October 1st, so having your score around October 7th is not a big deal. Sure, it's ideal to have everything on September 15th because some programs do send out invites without MSPEs and i know this because few friends of mine got invites on September 16th and they applied for Anesthesia, IM, Surgery etc. But there were some whose applications weren't even downloaded until later. Also, Fischer and others PD said, everyone assumes that we, PDs, wait for ERAS to open up just so we can download applications but this isn't the case. Obviously, there are others who actually do download your application. But it is a long process and just breathe. I know i need to do the same.
Since you and I don't really have a choice so there is no point in obsessing over it. I am shaking my head as i write this because i am worrying as i write this.
Hey guys,
How did you guys prepare for those physician error preventive type of questions? Is there a source for this type of information? Thanks!
How did you guys prepare for those physician error preventive type of questions? Is there a source for this type of information? Thanks!
Hey,
I also applying so take my "knowledge" with grain of salt. I was in the process of applying last year but didn't apply. I think you should have your scores back before mid October (i think probably end of september). I am taking mine on the 18th so i should have scores back on October 7th.
I did speak to Conrad fischer and few other IM residency program directors back in new york and was told it's not a big deal. Since, from what i can remember, MSPEs are released October 1st, so having your score around October 7th is not a big deal. Sure, it's ideal to have everything on September 15th because some programs do send out invites without MSPEs and i know this because few friends of mine got invites on September 16th and they applied for Anesthesia, IM, Surgery etc. But there were some whose applications weren't even downloaded until later. Also, Fischer and others PD said, everyone assumes that we, PDs, wait for ERAS to open up just so we can download applications but this isn't the case. Obviously, there are others who actually do download your application. But it is a long process and just breathe. I know i need to do the same.
Since you and I don't really have a choice so there is no point in obsessing over it. I am shaking my head as i write this because i am worrying as i write this.
Bless your heart. I don't want anyone to feel the panic I feel now, and I am sorry you are going through it. But I appreciate you letting me know I'm not alone in this.
I needed the extra time to study. If I have any chance at going home, it's because I took a little extra time. I just kick myself because what good would a 245 vs 230 be if most programs have already kicked my application aside because my score wasn't posted when they looked at me?
I wish you the best of luck my friend. I'm sending good karma your way for the big day.
Hey everybody. I had taken my USMLE Step 2 CK back on 08/28/15. I hate to beat a dead horse on this topic but will be I able to get my score back by 9/16/15 date?? the wait is nerve-wrecking. 🙁 Please let me know. Thanks and best of luck with apps!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!. Just trying to stay calm and remind myself of the reason why i didn't pass. But its scary since there isn't any TRUE assessment i can take. Still going to do UWSA and just finished the bank.Bless your heart. I don't want anyone to feel the panic I feel now, and I am sorry you are going through it. But I appreciate you letting me know I'm not alone in this.
I needed the extra time to study. If I have any chance at going home, it's because I took a little extra time. I just kick myself because what good would a 245 vs 230 be if most programs have already kicked my application aside because my score wasn't posted when they looked at me?
I wish you the best of luck my friend. I'm sending good karma your way for the big day.
The UWSA is a kick in the -ss. Very difficult. But it's good practice.Thank you!. Just trying to stay calm and remind myself of the reason why i didn't pass. But its scary since there isn't any TRUE assessment i can take. Still going to do UWSA and just finished the bank.
Hey everybody. I had taken my USMLE Step 2 CK back on 08/28/15. I hate to beat a dead horse on this topic but will be I able to get my score back by 9/16/15 date?? the wait is nerve-wrecking. 🙁 Please let me know. Thanks and best of luck with apps!!
It's going to come out a day after the residency applications are submitted. That means it will come out 09/16 and you'll have to re update your application.
For those that have taken the test recently, MTB2/3 and Step up to Medicine are these still best to do?
I thought MTB2/3 was pretty useless, SUTM was a great supplement to uworld. Best of luck!For those that have taken the test recently, MTB2/3 and Step up to Medicine are these still best to do?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 871
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 585