Step II USMLE - Official 2015 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

Started by WBecks0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WBecks0

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With 2015 right around the corner I think it's a good time to begin a Step 2 CK experiences and scores thread for 2015. Let's keep the all experiences and scores in this thread.

Good luck to everyone taking the exam in 2015!
 
I took the exam last week. uWorld 85%. No practice exams except the free usmle one: 86%.
Overall I agree with "pancrease," there were some tough questions that could have gone either way, and some easy
ones that I should have gotten right. I think I did well though, we will see. My permit is no longer available online.
All 44 q blocks + one 42 q block. PM me for more details.
 
so when does the permit disappear is it a sunday thing or can it happen any day leading up to the next Wednesday, let's start week 5!!

Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.

http://www.usmle.org/announcements/?ContentId=160

"The USMLE program usually reports Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) scores within four weeks of testing. However, because of necessary modifications to the test item pool, there will be a delay in reporting for some examinees who test between the week of July 13th through late August. The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees who test during this time period will be Wednesday, September 16, 2015."
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took it today. Most blocks were 44 questions, one 42q block and one 20q block. Was happy that I got a 20q block but I thought the test was difficult.

Vague questions stems and not exactly full classical presentation. There was always a finding in the stem that made you think twice about the answer choices, which for the most part was always been two very good answers.

I read other people felt the same and ended up doing well so lets see
 
Took it today. Most blocks were 44 questions, one 42q block and one 20q block. Was happy that I got a 20q block but I thought the test was difficult.

Vague questions stems and not exactly full classical presentation. There was always a finding in the stem that made you think twice about the answer choices, which for the most part was always been two very good answers.

I read other people felt the same and ended up doing well so lets see
I have exact same question number for every block as yours, I feel it was very difficult .
 
If the USMLE site is to be believed ain't nobody gettin' scores tomorrow. Or the Wednesday after. Or the wednesday after that. They dumped new questions into the pool and need enough people to take the exam to score it accurately, that's why there's a delay till the 16th....

EDIT: I want to be wrong, but I'm probably right.
 
If the USMLE site is to be believed ain't nobody gettin' scores tomorrow. Or the Wednesday after. Or the wednesday after that. They dumped new questions into the pool and need enough people to take the exam to score it accurately, that's why there's a delay till the 16th....

EDIT: I want to be wrong, but I'm probably right.

Unfortunately you are right.
 
Took it today. Most blocks were 44 questions, one 42q block and one 20q block. Was happy that I got a 20q block but I thought the test was difficult.

Vague questions stems and not exactly full classical presentation. There was always a finding in the stem that made you think twice about the answer choices, which for the most part was always been two very good answers.

I read other people felt the same and ended up doing well so lets see

What were your uworld/practice scores and how many questions did you feel like you guessed on?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are anecdotal reports of receiving a pre-email by 8-9 am stating that you will be receiving your score at 11. Looks like the delay is real.

I never got pre-emails for Step 1 or for CS. I received my Step 1 score around noon and my CS score early in the morning.
So I'm still crossing my fingers :|
 
Took it on June 3rd, got my score back over a month ago.

Master The Boards w/ Conrad Fischer x2, listened to ALL the associated lectures, went through UWorld x2.

Took the #4 NBME practice test 2 days before the exam: 220
I got scared upon seeing this. But I was fed up with studying and just couldn't take the stress anymore. That score was the breaking point of frustration, so I threw my books on my shelf and didn't study at all for 2 the next two days.

Real thing: 247

Not sure what happened...
Congrats! I would be a very happy camper if I got 27 points above my NBME 4 score.
 
Last edited:
Took the exam on Monday. Pretty frustrated afterwards. First two blocks, everything seemed pretty familiar and then got progressively harder (or I got tireder...) but anyways, I feel like I guessed on about 15-20 per block. Some were definitely gimmees, but there were quite a few where there were 2 seemingly correct answers. I went through all the CMS and UWORLD twice along with onlinemeded and some Step 2 Secrets.

NBME 4 3 months out 188
NBME 6 2 months out 202
NBME 7 210
Free 150- 82%
UWSA 221.
Uworld- first pass 56%
-second pass 85%

Freaking out. Don't know whether I passed or not. Definitely not looking forward to sweating this out for another three weeks but it could go either way at this point. Any thoughts or opinions appreciated. Thanks!
 
taking step 2 CK tomorrow... hope its ok
did uworld throughout 3rd year for the shelf exams, and re-did a bunch of q's the second go around over the short summer
 
What were your uworld/practice scores and how many questions did you feel like you guessed on?

My uworld average was 71 first pass and second pass I just re read all the questions.

I was pressed for time and the answer choices seemed like at least 2 of them were the right thing to do. But I felt like I guessed on a lot of them and I looked up some questions and some I got right others I got wrong I'm hoping for at least 235+ I'll be thankful for that at least
 
I had no problem with time, but did have problem with difficulty lol. Definitely a lot of A vs. B type questions. I had all 44q sections except 1, which was 42q.

Surprisingly, stats and ethics were pretty tough along with the random facts questions.

Overall, definitely passable and much better than Step 1!
 
Last edited:
My uworld average was 71 first pass and second pass I just re read all the questions.

I was pressed for time and the answer choices seemed like at least 2 of them were the right thing to do. But I felt like I guessed on a lot of them and I looked up some questions and some I got right others I got wrong I'm hoping for at least 235+ I'll be thankful for that at least
Did you do any NBME?
 
Took it on June 3rd, got my score back over a month ago.

Master The Boards w/ Conrad Fischer x2, listened to ALL the associated lectures, went through UWorld x2.

Took the #4 NBME practice test 2 days before the exam: 220
I got scared upon seeing this. But I was fed up with studying and just couldn't take the stress anymore. That score was the breaking point of frustration, so I threw my books on my shelf and didn't study at all for 2 the next two days.

Real thing: 247

Not sure what happened...

Wow, that's the biggest jump I've ever seen...

Anyone else have stories like this? Is this typical?
 
Last edited:
Adding to the rants: anyone else feel like at least 2-3 questions per block were about female urinary incontinence? That and the pediatrics genetics questions...yeesh. And so many of the questions felt like they were Step 1 pathophys/mechanism stuff. Not a fun exam and not looking forward to the results.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Continuing the rants. How I feel about scores still not being released, this having been the fourth Wednesday and all:
http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/u...ad-bs-bull****-dissatisfied-mad-upset-GIF.gif
 
Last edited:
Guys need some advice. I'm an IMG(2014 grad). I just gave nbme 7 and got 233. What is the predictability ? I still have to review it. I had given nbme 6 a month back and had a 242. My exam is in 9 days. I'm distraught. My Target ck score is 255+. I'm applying this season(already got my ERAS token).
Confused should I stick to my exam date(& get results by sep 16) or push my exam to get my results by max sep end ?

7 is really unreliable, from what I've been reading it's a killer. Most people that I've seen score considerably higher than 7. So IMO I wouldn't look too much into it. I heard 4 is pretty good and pretty reliable. Also UWSA.
 
Took it today and had almost no biostats and ethics. One NNT and a few bias questions.
Had a ton of dementia, rheumatology, and OB questions.
Had 1 42 question block and the rest 44.
No drug adds
 
7 is really unreliable, from what I've been reading it's a killer. Most people that I've seen score considerably higher than 7. So IMO I wouldn't look too much into it. I heard 4 is pretty good and pretty reliable. Also UWSA.

Thanks bronchiectasis - Pushed my date though... Gonna take it this week... just Took UWSA & got a 260. Lol my scores are all over the place.
 
Took step 2ck couple days ago, and I thought it was quite difficult. I was torn between 2 answers most of the time. I had one 42 question block and the rest 44. Glad it's over.
 
I took the test this week. Going in I had done UWSA with a 261 and an average of 81% first time pass on UWORLD. My step 1 was in the 260s.

My experience with the exam itself was that it was very difficult. Topics that I have never seen before in a review book were present (~10%). I was marking usually 15-20 per block. The questions were almost never straightforward and had an element of vagueness. This made me feel as though I was almost guessing and never 100% sure on anything. I came out of the exam feeling completely defeated. It was a pretty overwhelming test for me, I'm hoping that perhaps my version of the exam was a harder form or something.

Nowadays I'm trying to forget it but I know of at least 20 mistakes that I have made throughout the exam. At this point I am hoping for just a 240. I know people say that its ok to come out feeling awful, but I genuinely did not expect to feel this bad.

As far as advice for everyone. I strongly recommend that you do not only take UWSA for your self assessment. From what I've read on other forums, sometimes UWSA overpredicts your score by 10-20 points, especially in the higher ranges. This is only MY observation from OTHER forums and talking to friends. Please at least do one NBME to familiarize yourself with the question style and that way at least you have more evidence going in. Also I would recommend the Clinical Mastery Series exams for topics that you could use some extra work in.

As far as for my result I am HOPING for it to come out on the 16th but who knows.
 
I took the test this week. Going in I had done UWSA with a 261 and an average of 81% first time pass on UWORLD. My step 1 was in the 260s.

My experience with the exam itself was that it was very difficult. Topics that I have never seen before in a review book were present (~10%). I was marking usually 15-20 per block. The questions were almost never straightforward and had an element of vagueness. This made me feel as though I was almost guessing and never 100% sure on anything. I came out of the exam feeling completely defeated. It was a pretty overwhelming test for me, I'm hoping that perhaps my version of the exam was a harder form or something.

Nowadays I'm trying to forget it but I know of at least 20 mistakes that I have made throughout the exam. At this point I am hoping for just a 240. I know people say that its ok to come out feeling awful, but I genuinely did not expect to feel this bad.

As far as advice for everyone. I strongly recommend that you do not only take UWSA for your self assessment. From what I've read on other forums, sometimes UWSA overpredicts your score by 10-20 points, especially in the higher ranges. This is only MY observation from OTHER forums and talking to friends. Please at least do one NBME to familiarize yourself with the question style and that way at least you have more evidence going in. Also I would recommend the Clinical Mastery Series exams for topics that you could use some extra work in.

As far as for my result I am HOPING for it to come out on the 16th but who knows.
Does your test contain one 20-q block?
 
Actually doing more NBMEs may not help. My NBME is not so bad; nbme 4 254,nbme 6 252, nbme7 242; uwsa 259 ; I'm aming 240+. Although I felt bad after test but I also feel nothing would make me ready for the test.

My test had 1 20q block. I want to know if all other people who had 20q block felt the test was very difficult .
 
Actually doing more NBMEs may not help. My NBME is not so bad; nbme 4 254,nbme 6 252, nbme7 242; uwsa 259 ; I'm aming 240+. Although I felt bad after test but I also feel nothing would make me ready for the test.

My test had 1 20q block. I want to know if all other people who had 20q block felt the test was very difficult .
If it makes you feel any better about your test (it wont) but I got scores almost exactly the same score as you on 4 and 7 and I scored > 255 good luck to you. Try not to think about it too much
 
Hi i recently took my step1 and now planning to start CK, i've just started off with online meded.org videos. They seem to be pretty nice. I want to ask, has anyone tried them? Are they better than kaplan? Im thinking of watching them in my free time and then start MTB2. Should i skip kaplan altogether? Any suggestions please 🙂 goodluck to all of you
 
I took my test Aug. 11th. It was 44q blocks with one 42q block. Do you think I can expect my score this Wednesday (it's been 3 weeks)...my permit link is still there, like there's the link that says "Print Permit" but when I click on it a screen comes up that says "Application error: Permit is not available..."
 
I took my test Aug. 11th. It was 44q blocks with one 42q block. Do you think I can expect my score this Wednesday (it's been 3 weeks)...my permit link is still there, like there's the link that says "Print Permit" but when I click on it a screen comes up that says "Application error: Permit is not available..."

Congrats on finishing ck and Your results will be out on Sept. 16th...please share your preparation experience and valuable suggestions.

Do you think kaplan notes and Q Bank is essential for ck...
 
Last edited:
I took the exam the same day medstudent7860, I had 6- 44; 1- 42; 1- 32 q blocks.
Time was a big issue in general but worse in the longest blocks. Read and answer most be your time mode if you want to finish the block, your studies will guide you to the best answer ( at least I trust they will ).
Nbme 4- 244
Uswa - 236
Nbme 7-223 (waf!!!!!)
Nbme 6- 237
I did all clinical masters series in the last 10 days because I was playing with me 2nd round of uw, 65% 1st round 85 % 2nd round.
Although all this material help me a lot, there was many thinks in the test that you would not find in any book; they are testing your medical thinking and they are good in doing so. Of course I'm a IMG that's why me experience would be very different to many of you in this forum.
The forum help me a lot, I'm very relax right now I'm not expecting a good grade as many of you, in fact I think I may fail because and I coudn't read many q due to the short time at the end of each block; 5 more seconds per q and maybe I would have a better score but I can't do anything right now so I'm grateful for the opportunity, for everything I had learn and no matter what I will keep trying.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just took my CK today. Harder than I expected.

DO student
Step 1: 252
Level 1: 585

MTB x1
OnlineMED videos X1
UWORLD 74% first pass
Free 141 83%
NBME 7 246 (2 days before exam)

I had 6 blocks of 44, 1 block of 42, and 1 block of 20 questions. Very difficult test compared to my step 1 experience. More difficult than NBME 7 for me. A lot of questions I could not prepare for. If you're lucky enough, you could probably answer these questions from remembering some of the random facts you picked up on rotations or reading it somewhere during 3rd year. The drugs ad question took so much of my time on one block, I did not have time to check my answers. A couple of questions requiring knowledge from step 1 (concepts from pathology). I'll update some more once I received my score. Hoping for something above 250, but not likely. Taking level 2 in couple days, time to learn some OMM, the fun part.
 
I had a question for you guys. What's the mcc of lower GI bleed? I just got a UW question wrong (2341) where it states diverticulosis is the mcc. However, in MTB: IM it says angiodysplasia is the mcc. Tried to see if this book has an errata, but it unfortunately doesn't. I remember doing a UW question where AVM was the answer (4085) however that's because it's in association with aortic stenosis.

Can anybody help me with this? Any idea why AVM would be listed here as the MCC? Should I just consider it as a typo and list diverticulosis as the MCC since UW and MTB2 say it is? @Phloston @kirbymiester

vpgl3lc.jpg
[/IMG]