-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II USMLE - Official 2015 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread
Started by WBecks0
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How about if you need something to review OB, Peds, etc. with? SUTM was good when I used it for IM shelf.I thought MTB2/3 was pretty useless, SUTM was a great supplement to uworld. Best of luck!
Would appreciate anybody else's ideas?
I did MTB 2/3 for everything except medicine. It covers the material relatively well but is still too simple. In conjunction, with UWorld, I think it is a good option.
So I actually may not be the best to comment on those because I just used my notes from the year i.e. Blueprints and UWise for OB, BP and PreTest and Neuro, FA and Lange for Psych. UWorld only for peds and surg was more than sufficient. FM is always a cluster****, so nothing to do there unfortunately.How about if you need something to review OB, Peds, etc. with? SUTM was good when I used it for IM shelf.
Would appreciate anybody else's ideas?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there a consensus on UWSA correlation? at least as far as over/underpredict? if i did ok on uwsa is there a point in spending money on nbme?
I think right now, no one knows for sure until sept 16, remember the pool and the test change recently so the old correlations can change as well; I hope everything stay the same in order to keep using this helpful toolsis there a consensus on UWSA correlation? at least as far as over/underpredict? if i did ok on uwsa is there a point in spending money on nbme?
Just took mine yesterday.
UWSA 3 weeks out- 224
NBME 4 four days out- 237
Felt a little weird during the test. The first block was extremely demoralizing. Blocks 2-4 were easy on the same level of difficulty as nbme 4. Blocks 5-8 were around the same level as uworld with around 3 or so WTF questions per block.
UWSA 3 weeks out- 224
NBME 4 four days out- 237
Felt a little weird during the test. The first block was extremely demoralizing. Blocks 2-4 were easy on the same level of difficulty as nbme 4. Blocks 5-8 were around the same level as uworld with around 3 or so WTF questions per block.
Did you have any block with 32 or 20 questions ??Just took mine yesterday.
UWSA 3 weeks out- 224
NBME 4 four days out- 237
Felt a little weird during the test. The first block was extremely demoralizing. Blocks 2-4 were easy on the same level of difficulty as nbme 4. Blocks 5-8 were around the same level as uworld with around 3 or so WTF questions per block.
I can't help but think maybe, just maybe...
UWSA : 247 (6 days )
NBME 4 : 252 ( 4 days)
Free 131 : 88 %
Took the exam yesterday and honestly I don't think I can compare it to anything else. The question stems were very long and weird, it felt as if almost every question could be narrowed down to two options both of which looked equally good. Time was a big issue for me and I had to randomly guess on like 15 questions in the exam. Most of them were drug ad questions and heart sounds where you have to listen.I am generally a slow test taker and even on UWSA (which has very short stems) I could not choose an answer on 9 questions but still ended up getting a 247. In the last week all I did was to practice questions in timed mode to get my timing right and by the exam day I was doing pretty good. I would just like to know from someone who has had similar experience but still passed the exam. At this point all I care about is getting a passing score. 🙁
In terms of content, most concepts were similar to Uworld but the way they presented the questions was totally different. I would start a question thinking how I saw a similar question in Uworld/NBME but the the questions invariably had a twist in the tale which would either confuse me between two options or lead me to a totally different direction. I would not say the questions were vague, they would try to confuse you between options but they always gave a clue which would lead you to the right answer. In my opinion the real exam judges the depth of your knowledge much better than NBMEs or UWSAs do , because they would give these set of options very similar to one another and you really need to know your stuff to get the answer right.
Blocks 1-6 : 44 questions Block 7 : 42 Block 8 : 28????
NBME 4 : 252 ( 4 days)
Free 131 : 88 %
Took the exam yesterday and honestly I don't think I can compare it to anything else. The question stems were very long and weird, it felt as if almost every question could be narrowed down to two options both of which looked equally good. Time was a big issue for me and I had to randomly guess on like 15 questions in the exam. Most of them were drug ad questions and heart sounds where you have to listen.I am generally a slow test taker and even on UWSA (which has very short stems) I could not choose an answer on 9 questions but still ended up getting a 247. In the last week all I did was to practice questions in timed mode to get my timing right and by the exam day I was doing pretty good. I would just like to know from someone who has had similar experience but still passed the exam. At this point all I care about is getting a passing score. 🙁
In terms of content, most concepts were similar to Uworld but the way they presented the questions was totally different. I would start a question thinking how I saw a similar question in Uworld/NBME but the the questions invariably had a twist in the tale which would either confuse me between two options or lead me to a totally different direction. I would not say the questions were vague, they would try to confuse you between options but they always gave a clue which would lead you to the right answer. In my opinion the real exam judges the depth of your knowledge much better than NBMEs or UWSAs do , because they would give these set of options very similar to one another and you really need to know your stuff to get the answer right.
Blocks 1-6 : 44 questions Block 7 : 42 Block 8 : 28????
I've been thinking the same. What we do know is that this is the last Wednesday we could possibly be faked out.I can't help but think maybe, just maybe...
Last edited:
UWSA : 247 (6 days )
NBME 4 : 252 ( 4 days)
Free 131 : 88 %
Took the exam yesterday and honestly I don't think I can compare it to anything else. The question stems were very long and weird, it felt as if almost every question could be narrowed down to two options both of which looked equally good. Time was a big issue for me and I had to randomly guess on like 15 questions in the exam. Most of them were drug ad questions and heart sounds where you have to listen.I am generally a slow test taker and even on UWSA (which has very short stems) I could not choose an answer on 9 questions but still ended up getting a 247. In the last week all I did was to practice questions in timed mode to get my timing right and by the exam day I was doing pretty good. I would just like to know from someone who has had similar experience but still passed the exam. At this point all I care about is getting a passing score. 🙁
In terms of content, most concepts were similar to Uworld but the way they presented the questions was totally different. I would start a question thinking how I saw a similar question in Uworld/NBME but the the questions invariably had a twist in the tale which would either confuse me between two options or lead me to a totally different direction. I would not say the questions were vague, they would try to confuse you between options but they always gave a clue which would lead you to the right answer. In my opinion the real exam judges the depth of your knowledge much better than NBMEs or UWSAs do , because they would give these set of options very similar to one another and you really need to know your stuff to get the answer right.
Blocks 1-6 : 44 questions Block 7 : 42 Block 8 : 28????
I had the same no of questions block 1 -42 block 8-28 rest all 44... Lots of heart sounds.. The stems were very long and I had to guess around 4 questions randomly cause I had no time to read it.. Sadly they were mostly media questions as I had left them to the end.. So I guess my cardio is gonna be messed up.. But otherwise I found it a mix of uw and nbme style..
Results in 2 weeks
Booyah !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's been three weeks since my exam. I was hoping that I would have my scores back before residency applications. One more week of studying could have helped too. : / I hope the results come back by September 16 at least. Does anybody know how long it takes for ECFMG to send the USMLE transcripts to ERAS?
Thank you. What do you guys consider as late for submitting applications? Anything after Sept 15? I think it is anything past October 1st because I heard from program directors that some don't even look at applications till that date. I know earlier is always better, but I still need time to research some programs that I am interested in.
Well, nothing today but next Wed will be fun when a million of us will be posting here. Best of luck everyone!And yep, nothing.
Yeah, how necessary is it for one to go through UWorld twice? I am average and probably need it. That is just a ton of questions and I remember things pretty well. So, I will remember the question if I just did it 3-5 weeks earlier.
I got through about 75% of UW during 3rd yr.
Basically, is it better to run through 100-120/day twice or do around 50/day nice and slow really reading the whole question. ?
I got through about 75% of UW during 3rd yr.
Basically, is it better to run through 100-120/day twice or do around 50/day nice and slow really reading the whole question. ?
@J DUB i took the latter approach, got through UWorld once slowly reading everything and I felt better off for it. But I'll let you know exactly how well it worked out when I get my score!
So this maybe a dumb question, but is it in my best interest to wait until the 16th (assuming my step 2 ck score is good) before I submit my application? I just don't want programs to dismiss my application on that first day bc of my decent but not great step 1 score.
So this maybe a dumb question, but is it in my best interest to wait until the 16th (assuming my step 2 ck score is good) before I submit my application? I just don't want programs to dismiss my application on that first day bc of my decent but not great step 1 score.
Yeah, after some research yesterday, it appears most of those that 250+ did it twice. Esp if they are average like me.
Well and I should clarify that I did a lot of combank (the COMLEX Qbank) and MTB2 with each shelf. I knew this wasn't better than doing UWorld, but it was cheaper since my school bought combank for us. I think that's what most people mean when they said they've been through it 2x - is that they finished it once during 3rd yearYeah, after some research yesterday, it appears most of those that 250+ did it twice. Esp if they are average like me.
I just walked out of the exam. I still have a 10 foot rod, lined with sand-paper, without the benefit of a little Vaseline, shoved straight up my -ss.
I can't believe what the eff that exam was. I've never experienced something so horrendous. Just so where I am coming from is a bit clear to put into context:
Step 1: 226
Going into IM --> IM clerkship: honors; IM AI: honors
NBME 3 (5 weeks out): 229
NBME 4 (4 weeks out): 242
NBME 6 (3 weeks out): 242
Free 150 questions from NBME: 90%
UWSA 1 (1 week out): 259
I had ~10 questions every block that I had to somehow limit to 2 choices, then it was a crap shoot. I did not have any stretch of questions, or any block in general, where I said "it's getting better! There's hope!." Absolutely not. Every block was horrendous. Every block was ambiguous. Every other question had enzymes, genes, description of things that I have never heard in doing UWorld x 2 on random timed (83% first time, 91% second time). There was stuff that I could not even wrap my head around. Images were atrocious. EKGs were garbage. I did not have a streak for even five minutes where I thought things were getting better. Being the 32 year old profession (loser) student I am, I kept pushing forward, knowing that this would be the only way to persevere. but in the end, it didn't help. There were a couple of questions each block that I just had to blindly guess and put down an answer, as what they were asking was so cryptic and convoluted that I had no idea how to go about tackling it. And looking back, I defintely missed some BS questions, as my mind was trying to fight through and get as many done as possible. Questions stems were absolutely absurd. 90% of the info they give you has nothing to do with anything they are asking. but if you don't read it, anxiety will kill you for seemingly skipped something important. I worked at a break neck speed, spaced breaks evenly, ate well, even had a few cigs to get me through my hump when I needed it. I couldn't believe the repetitive themes and concepts of questions they continuously asked in questions, while totally ignoring some of the seemingly most important pillars of internal medicine in any questions. It was absurd. I know this is supposed to be a hard test, but whoever thinks this is what the test should look like is crazy. And if anyone things this is what a "standardized" exam should look at, without giving us a singular "standardized"' source from which they suggest we study and prepare to be best ready to handle the BS they throw at us, is even more absurd.
I feel like all my hard work went down the drain. All my prayers. All my perseverance. All the fight I put into it. I had family telling me how proud they were of me. My girlfriend telling me I was becoming a leader that she could trust to lead her into our future. My peers telling me I was becoming someone they come to for help in medicine. Now? I'm nothing more than an effing dimwitted idiot who bombed step 2. And for what? I could have taken the exam after 2 weeks of preparation, instead of 5-6, and this pain would hurt less.
Not only is the dream of doing well on the exam over. But the dream of going home to california is over. Its done. and If my score comes back I failed, im done. Im not retaking this effing thing again. Im done. Im out.
Eff man. This was ridiculous. Im not looking for anyone to baby me, or give me what I want to hear. Im just putting it out there that this is a effed up exam. A real cluster f-ck. Its just nasty.
And now, Im ready to hang it all up. I have no effing modivation to finish my applications these next couple days. for what? to fail, and be black listed from programs and get no attention or offers? eff that. once scores come back Im out. Im not chasing this false dream for me any longer.
I hope the best for everyone who didnt feel the way I do walking out of this crap. If you only were lost for 2-3 questions per block, then cheers to you. Be proud. Im proud of all of you. But for those of us lost, with no choice to move on to the next crap question, this one hurt. This really really hurt.
I dont know what else I can say.
Sorry for the outburst. I appreciate the support if there is any. And if there isn't, well eff that too.
Cheers,.
I can't believe what the eff that exam was. I've never experienced something so horrendous. Just so where I am coming from is a bit clear to put into context:
Step 1: 226
Going into IM --> IM clerkship: honors; IM AI: honors
NBME 3 (5 weeks out): 229
NBME 4 (4 weeks out): 242
NBME 6 (3 weeks out): 242
Free 150 questions from NBME: 90%
UWSA 1 (1 week out): 259
I had ~10 questions every block that I had to somehow limit to 2 choices, then it was a crap shoot. I did not have any stretch of questions, or any block in general, where I said "it's getting better! There's hope!." Absolutely not. Every block was horrendous. Every block was ambiguous. Every other question had enzymes, genes, description of things that I have never heard in doing UWorld x 2 on random timed (83% first time, 91% second time). There was stuff that I could not even wrap my head around. Images were atrocious. EKGs were garbage. I did not have a streak for even five minutes where I thought things were getting better. Being the 32 year old profession (loser) student I am, I kept pushing forward, knowing that this would be the only way to persevere. but in the end, it didn't help. There were a couple of questions each block that I just had to blindly guess and put down an answer, as what they were asking was so cryptic and convoluted that I had no idea how to go about tackling it. And looking back, I defintely missed some BS questions, as my mind was trying to fight through and get as many done as possible. Questions stems were absolutely absurd. 90% of the info they give you has nothing to do with anything they are asking. but if you don't read it, anxiety will kill you for seemingly skipped something important. I worked at a break neck speed, spaced breaks evenly, ate well, even had a few cigs to get me through my hump when I needed it. I couldn't believe the repetitive themes and concepts of questions they continuously asked in questions, while totally ignoring some of the seemingly most important pillars of internal medicine in any questions. It was absurd. I know this is supposed to be a hard test, but whoever thinks this is what the test should look like is crazy. And if anyone things this is what a "standardized" exam should look at, without giving us a singular "standardized"' source from which they suggest we study and prepare to be best ready to handle the BS they throw at us, is even more absurd.
I feel like all my hard work went down the drain. All my prayers. All my perseverance. All the fight I put into it. I had family telling me how proud they were of me. My girlfriend telling me I was becoming a leader that she could trust to lead her into our future. My peers telling me I was becoming someone they come to for help in medicine. Now? I'm nothing more than an effing dimwitted idiot who bombed step 2. And for what? I could have taken the exam after 2 weeks of preparation, instead of 5-6, and this pain would hurt less.
Not only is the dream of doing well on the exam over. But the dream of going home to california is over. Its done. and If my score comes back I failed, im done. Im not retaking this effing thing again. Im done. Im out.
Eff man. This was ridiculous. Im not looking for anyone to baby me, or give me what I want to hear. Im just putting it out there that this is a effed up exam. A real cluster f-ck. Its just nasty.
And now, Im ready to hang it all up. I have no effing modivation to finish my applications these next couple days. for what? to fail, and be black listed from programs and get no attention or offers? eff that. once scores come back Im out. Im not chasing this false dream for me any longer.
I hope the best for everyone who didnt feel the way I do walking out of this crap. If you only were lost for 2-3 questions per block, then cheers to you. Be proud. Im proud of all of you. But for those of us lost, with no choice to move on to the next crap question, this one hurt. This really really hurt.
I dont know what else I can say.
Sorry for the outburst. I appreciate the support if there is any. And if there isn't, well eff that too.
Cheers,.
Last edited:
yeah THIS ^ is what I am expecting 

Im not a douche. i sinceroy pray hat y9uk and everry9nek do n9t feel the way i do. om j0t y0ur typical los angeles punk. i want you, and everyone else, o walk out feeling the opposite than i feel know- a champion..yeah THIS ^ is what I am expecting![]()
forgive me for the typos. between the crying and the self-meditation, I am bound to make typos. I need t0 make myself feel numb to prevent going more downward in this spiral.
I had a similar Step 1 experience. Why I am so nervous about Step 2 CK.
HYFR- I went into exam knowing I studied really hard and felt confident it was enough to at least pass (209), but during and after the exam, I felt demoralized...like all that I studied didn't even matter. Granted, I didn't get my score back yet (waiting until 9/16), but I can say I cried for most of the drive home and had to wear sunglasses when ordering my fast food comfort meal. I think and stress about the results coming out so frequently, it's almost debilitating. As of right now, it can honestly go either way. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst, knowing this one score is going to shape the way the rest of the year/interview season/career...go. I'm sincerely hoping that the majority of the new batch of test takers finds the exam difficult but are pleasantly surprised in the end by our scores.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey man HYFR, I feel what you're going through. I am going through the same thing, I just have no motivation to get going with these apps right now given the way I felt during that test. My practice tests were similar to yours and one would hope that a UWSA of 255+ would amount to something come report time.
Lets just hope that with the testing of these new questions theres some kind of curve because that test really came out of left field for me and apparently I'm not the only one.
Lets just hope that with the testing of these new questions theres some kind of curve because that test really came out of left field for me and apparently I'm not the only one.
I agree with all of you. Step 2 CK was much more difficult than Step 1. Timing was a huge issue. Questions were way too long and add so many unnecessary fillers and distractors. I had questions that even if I had more time , I don't think I would be able to answer correctly because I haven't seen it in any of board review studying. I seriously can't wait for 09/16.
HYFR - Hey I felt pretty similar coming out of the exam that the test was very difficult and a lot of it didn't focus on the cores of Internal Medicine. Maybe this is how it seemed to be for a lot of people, and the hopefully the curve will be appropriate for us all. Anyways, your practice exams speak for themselves for how much you knew. It's not easy to get a UWSA of 259 so I would trust you did better than a lot of people with the same exam.
Last edited:
HYFR- your test seems to by very very diff and difficult, I had not hear of anyone w/ 2- 20 qx block". All the best for you and try to relax, the stressful times have just begin...!!!
5 days left- now I'm nervous!!
5 days left- now I'm nervous!!
Took Mine 9/3 had a different experience
UWSA 248 one week out, could of prepared a bit more but I was tired and didn't want to apply any later (9/23) (IMG)
1) Short questions, could go over each question at least twice (I remember thinking during the exam "where are the long essay type questions" --> comparable in length to Uworld style questions
2) 1 42 question block, last block was 32 questions
3) had the typically 5 or so WTF questions, but could narrow it down
4) lots of Obgyn / psych / preventative / wtf ethics questions
5) 1 Drug ad was really easy
I don't feel so bad about the exam, better than step 1, but I feel a much much stronger grasp of the material this time around.
It felt like I was doing questions from Uworld, I would say the difficulty was the same as Uworld
Will be happy if I can stay around my UWSA
UWSA 248 one week out, could of prepared a bit more but I was tired and didn't want to apply any later (9/23) (IMG)
1) Short questions, could go over each question at least twice (I remember thinking during the exam "where are the long essay type questions" --> comparable in length to Uworld style questions
2) 1 42 question block, last block was 32 questions
3) had the typically 5 or so WTF questions, but could narrow it down
4) lots of Obgyn / psych / preventative / wtf ethics questions
5) 1 Drug ad was really easy
I don't feel so bad about the exam, better than step 1, but I feel a much much stronger grasp of the material this time around.
It felt like I was doing questions from Uworld, I would say the difficulty was the same as Uworld
Will be happy if I can stay around my UWSA
Took Mine 9/3 had a different experience
UWSA 248 one week out, could of prepared a bit more but I was tired and didn't want to apply any later (9/23) (IMG)
1) Short questions, could go over each question at least twice (I remember thinking during the exam "where are the long essay type questions" --> comparable in length to Uworld style questions
2) 1 42 question block, last block was 32 questions
3) had the typically 5 or so WTF questions, but could narrow it down
4) lots of Obgyn / psych / preventative / wtf ethics questions
5) 1 Drug ad was really easy
I don't feel so bad about the exam, better than step 1, but I feel a much much stronger grasp of the material this time around.
It felt like I was doing questions from Uworld, I would say the difficulty was the same as Uworld
Will be happy if I can stay around my UWSA
I WANT YOUR EXPERIENCE!! PRAYING FOR IT
Last edited:
+1I WANT YOUR EXPERIENCE!! PRAYING FOR IT
Well, I had one hard as hell MCAT and bombed it. Had a reasonable MCAT and got a decent score and here I am. I will take something I studied for and know over craziness. I cannot guess my way to a good score. I will get crushed on one like mentioned above.Be careful what you wish for. My exam was like that, but the curve is going to be harsh as hell.
It is sad there is not more consistency amongst forms.
yeah THIS ^ is what I am expecting![]()
I expected it. And I was still completely blind sided. No matter how bad you think it may be. Its even worse. Unfortunately, it's worse than anything imaginable.
Hey man, I haven't taken step 2 yet but your original post spoke to me because it's exactly how I felt coming out of step 1. I studied for a couple months and was averaging 225-235 on all of the NBME's with 245 on UWSA. I did U-World twice, Kaplan once and USMLERx once. I watched Pathoma 3 times and 1/2 of DIT. I'm not the smartest student (hence my averages after all that work) but my first NBME score was around 175 so I'd say my averages of 230 in the weeks leading up was me reaching my peak.
I walked out of my exam feeling like $H1T for the same reasons you did. I had approximately 75 questions about nothing related to any of the q-banks or videos I watched. They were about gene vectors, plasmids, lab rat experiments and even financial calculations using biostatistics where all of the answers choices were literally just dollar amounts. I was asked what happens if you inhibit certain genes I've never seen and that wikipedia has barely more than a couple sentences on. Most people tear themselves up after an exam and start looking up answers but I had so many wtf type of questions I didn't even know how or what to look up. I felt so demoralized going through by my second block that after 3 straight research type questions, I told myself I'd save them until the end and try to answer some actual medicine questions..well I had to click through 8 more research/genetic type questions in a row before I got something relating to an organ system/pharm/micro/path. Two blocks had 20+ questions of straight garbage that had nothing to do with medicine (and for the record, the genetic questions weren't about diseases, that would have been fair). After my fourth block I broke down and bawled outside the testing center knowing that I already choked on about 50 questions where I could only eliminate one or two answer choices. I finished my exam and stressed for weeks. I passed. I'm not going to lie, it was well below my average, I ended up between 200-210. But I passed. I survived. I'm sure you will too.
Cheers man. Thank you for the camaraderie. It was an effed up experience. Non-stop bull-crap. I know I passed. But I really worked hard. Worked really really hard. And it all feels like an effing waste. It's demoralizing. It's tragic. It just plain stinks.
HYFR- I went into exam knowing I studied really hard and felt confident it was enough to at least pass (209), but during and after the exam, I felt demoralized...like all that I studied didn't even matter. Granted, I didn't get my score back yet (waiting until 9/16), but I can say I cried for most of the drive home and had to wear sunglasses when ordering my fast food comfort meal. I think and stress about the results coming out so frequently, it's almost debilitating. As of right now, it can honestly go either way. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst, knowing this one score is going to shape the way the rest of the year/interview season/career...go. I'm sincerely hoping that the majority of the new batch of test takers finds the exam difficult but are pleasantly surprised in the end by our scores.
I cried so much last night. And I'm still so hurt. And here I am, trying to finish the effing applications. It's an effing nightmare that wont stop.
Hey man HYFR, I feel what you're going through. I am going through the same thing, I just have no motivation to get going with these apps right now given the way I felt during that test. My practice tests were similar to yours and one would hope that a UWSA of 255+ would amount to something come report time.
Lets just hope that with the testing of these new questions theres some kind of curve because that test really came out of left field for me and apparently I'm not the only one.
I really appreciate the empathy and the manner in which you relate. I really hope we can get out of this rut. Believe me, I don't want anyone to feel as sh-tty as I do. I hope your situation turns out great my friend.
HYFR - Hey I felt pretty similar coming out of the exam that the test was very difficult and a lot of it didn't focus on the cores of Internal Medicine. Maybe this is how it seemed to be for a lot of people, and the hopefully the curve will be appropriate for us all. Anyways, your practice exams speak for themselves for how much you knew. It's not easy to get a UWSA of 259 so I would trust you did better than a lot of people with the same exam.
Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. I wish doing well on all the practice material would leave me feeling better than I am now, but that just isn't happening. Nothing I can do now but move forward, albeit in pain.
HYFR- your test seems to by very very diff and difficult, I had not hear of anyone w/ 2- 20 qx block". All the best for you and try to relax, the stressful times have just begin...!!!
5 days left- now I'm nervous!!
Cheers man. I appreciate it.
Thanks for all the support everyone. All I can do now is finish these damn applications, and thrive.
Last edited:
We have every right to be angry, terrified, frustrated, disgusted, and disappointed with the wait time for this test, as well as its difficulty (mine was fair, in my opinion, with some WTF questions, I felt rushed but was able to complete it, no weird blocks, and I felt approximately the same as I did after step 1 after, which went okay for me). That we had been informed of the delay in mid May, when many of us had made our fourth year plans months before, made this delay all the more disgusting.
But let's get some perspective. This exam is much less important than Step I in the eyes of most program directors, and for the love of God, let's not let this distract us from doing whatever we need to do to finish our ERAS apps. Let's not let neuroticism and worry put at risk what we all worked our asses off for during the past 3+ years.
I hope we can all have the scores we want on September 16th, and peace of mind in the interim.
But let's get some perspective. This exam is much less important than Step I in the eyes of most program directors, and for the love of God, let's not let this distract us from doing whatever we need to do to finish our ERAS apps. Let's not let neuroticism and worry put at risk what we all worked our asses off for during the past 3+ years.
I hope we can all have the scores we want on September 16th, and peace of mind in the interim.
I prefer HYFR's unedited version where he was going to just sit at home, work on his app, and bang his hot Colombian RN GF.......
lol
lol
When I called the USMLE to inquire about the chances of me getting my score before the 16th (Yes. Yes, I actually did that), in the conversation, the lady told me that the USMLE has no curve. I was like what da heck?! (except I didn't actually say that)
yeah I learned that with Step 1.....I am still waiting................on it.When I called the USMLE to inquire about the chances of me getting my score before the 16th (Yes. Yes, I actually did that), in the conversation, the lady told me that the USMLE has no curve. I was like what da heck?! (except I didn't actually say that)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I prefer HYFR's unedited version where he was going to just sit at home, work on his app, and bang his hot Colombian RN GF.......
lol
I had a classmate tell me to clean it up. I cleaned it up. But I still did the act. Very much worth it.
I will say what I always have said for years on here............pics or it didn't happen! lolI had a classmate tell me to clean it up. I cleaned it up. But I still did the act. Very much worth it.
I will say what I always have said for years on here............pics or it didn't happen! lol
My heart sinks every time someone asks to use my phone or check out my tablet. There are reasons for this.
Hey guys,
I take the test in 2 weeks. I've made a pass through uworld qbank.
I take the test in 2 weeks. I've made a pass through uworld qbank.
- For medicine review, do you recommend Step up to Medicine or Master the Boards?
- After reading HYRF's very real story (uneditted version was amazing, but I agree with cleaning it up because you never know who reads this ****), where are alternative question sources? I just finsished my first pass through UWorld Qbank. I've had a theory that the USMLE test writers would one day get a hold of Uworld Qbank and write a test that includes questions not covered by Uworld (because everyone uses Uworld). I did NBME 7 and the free 150. Where else can I go for more questions (besides Uworld) that are actually as difficult/random as the actual Step 2 CK?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 881
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 592