USMLE USMLE Step 2 CS 29th April 2020 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmc2012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hii Guys.
Hope you all are safe in the current pandemic
who is expecting the CS score to be released on 29th April
Let's discuss how was the exam experience and how are you holding up.

Stay safe!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the thread, I was expecting this! I am not hopeless but mine was not very good. I appreciate if anyone answers about which 10 encounter will be pointed out. In my cases there were no ”what the hell” cases. One was suspicious. ¿

Thanks for the messages, guys. I am expecting this! Good luck to us. Stay safe!
The test was so stressful and I finished all cases very early and this is the thing that I worry about.
I have heard many people felt confident but failed and many people felt bad but passed.
Cross fingers!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the messages, guys. I am expecting this! Good luck to us. Stay safe!
The test was so stressful and I finished all cases very early and this is the thing that I worry about.
I have heard many people felt confident but failed and many people felt bad but passed.
Cross fingers!
For me cases were straight forward except one case but I don’t know how I performed
In one case I couldn’t complete the counseling because of time out...
It’s a kind of exam you never know how it went till the big day!!
Let’s presume we did well to relieve the anxiety a bit!
Stay safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the thread, I was expecting this! I am not hopeless but mine was not very good. I appreciate if anyone answers about which 10 encounter will be pointed out. In my cases there were no ”what the hell” cases. One was suspicious. ¿

I do not think anyone can say which 2 cases will not be graded. I just hope they are the cases i did not do so well in. lol

Reactions: 1 users
Wonder when scores will be released...took mine the second day of the new cycle (Late Jan) so I wonder if I'll get my score at the end of April.

Reactions: 1 user
Wonder when scores will be released...took mine the second day of the new cycle (Late Jan) so I wonder if I'll get my score at the end of April.
Score Reporting
Changes to the Step 2 CS score reporting schedule will be necessary as a result of the CSEC test center closures. Updates will be posted to the USMLE website. Results for examinees who tested before March 16, 2020 will be reported on schedule, beginning April 29, 2020 through May 27, 2020.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys if I pass it, this exam is totally lenient and I will post all real reasons.. there are too many fake posts about what people did right/wrong with feelings of failing. Almost 100% of them are amg which has 99% pass rate officially.

All I know that almost all AMGs are requested to take and pass the mock cs test before they can take the real thing. That is a mandatory requirement of their medical school.

Guys if I pass it, this exam is totally lenient and I will post all real reasons.. there are too many fake posts about what people did right/wrong with feelings of failing. Almost 100% of them are amg which has 99% pass rate officially.
you will pass!!

Was inspired by @Step2csnightmare's username lol. I have been a long time lurker but I am also stressedboutCS and wanted the chance to commiserate. It's hard too b/c failing is higher stakes now with the uncertainty about being able to retake before applying to residency. @ophthalmologist_tr I am so with you. If I manage to squeak out a pass it will be a MIRACLE given that I forgot some major almost impossible to miss stuff. Will also detail further after results come back. Good luck everyone! Waiting ≥2 months is cruel and unusual punishment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Alright guys! the 1 week countdown has begun. Our hardwork and patience are about to pay off. Cant wait to see all the "I Passed" messages!!!!!

Was inspired by @Step2csnightmare's username lol. I have been a long time lurker but I am also stressedboutCS and wanted the chance to commiserate. It's hard too b/c failing is higher stakes now with the uncertainty about being able to retake before applying to residency. @ophthalmologist_tr I am so with you. If I manage to squeak out a pass it will be a MIRACLE given that I forgot some major almost impossible to miss stuff. Will also detail further after results come back. Good luck everyone! Waiting ≥2 months is cruel and unusual punishment.
Same happened to me. I practiced a lot and I got everything ok... but when the real deal came I DONT KNOW HOW I forgot a lot of basic stuff!
Its cruel indeed!
Lets hope for the best

Haha! Glad im not the only one man.

thanks for letting me be neurotic. I feel seen haha. I have a friend who I took it with on the same day but I don't want to stress her out so this is a fantastic outlet.

Hi guys! Thank you for making this thread. The anxiety has kicked in and I am having flashbacks of everything I messed up during the test, which had taken me a while to forget after the exam.
Will the result mostly be out on 29/04 or is it in the 3rd week of the reporting schedule? I took my exam in the first week of March :/

Hi guys! Thank you for making this thread. The anxiety has kicked in and I am having flashbacks of everything I messed up during the test, which had taken me a while to forget after the exam.
Will the result mostly be out on 29/04 or is it in the 3rd week of the reporting schedule? I took my exam in the first week of March :/
Most people get their score by the 3rd week of reporting period. But honestly i think with the abundant time they've had and all of these cancellations, we should all get our scores this week. Hopefully

Most people get their score by the 3rd week of reporting period. But honestly i think with the abundant time they've had and all of these cancellations, we should all get our scores this week. Hopefully
That makes a lot of sense. I am severely dreading it but also want to be done with all this suspense lol

I agree with @Step2csnightmare I have a feeling they will all be out the first day given we don't have scores from multiple weeks of testing! it's good you were able to take it before the cancellation!

I think waiting for result is not easy for sure:nailbiting:
but it is still less hard than the uncertainty our other colleagues are facing now !!
Preparing for CS is also a torture
May this pandemic and uncertainty end soon!

I hope taking the exam before cancellation could be a good sign for passing :)
Globally there is relaxation in rules in all walks of life due to corona pandemic
Hopefully, CS result is not an exception!!
They might consider passing all because physicians are needed badly to combat pandemic.

A thought to relieve stress and stop flashbacks...:):)

update: watched a scary movie and that was super helpful-- cannot be worried about CS when you're scared out of your mind about something else lol