-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II USMLE Step 2 CS 29th April 2020 score release
Started by kmc2012
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
me too!Confirming for future lurkers on this thread that I got an e-mail at 10:37 AM saying my score would be available after 11am. 17 more minutes!
sending all AMGs positive vibes!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stressedboutCS
Full Member
alright future lurkers I was really worried esp about ICE because I had been in a year-out doing research stuff and hadn't seen patients in a while. I:
-- forgot to ask PMH, past surgical hx, meds, allergies, FMH for one of the patients <--this is why you write this stuff out before you go in the room FOR EVERY PATIENT!!this was one of my last patients and I figured I was in a rhythm so I didn't write it down and then forgot to ask everything
--forgot some combo of FMH/allergies on 2-3 other patients
--did not know how to do some of the physical exam maneuvers I knew intellectually I needed to do
--forgot the names of certain diseases so made up super non-technical names
--put barely any physical exam supporting evidence
--forgot BASIC labs to order
that stuff is on top of the usual mistakes all the people say on this thread that freaks them out like forgetting to counsel about lifestyle changes and putting <3 ddx and what not.
-- forgot to ask PMH, past surgical hx, meds, allergies, FMH for one of the patients <--this is why you write this stuff out before you go in the room FOR EVERY PATIENT!!this was one of my last patients and I figured I was in a rhythm so I didn't write it down and then forgot to ask everything
--forgot some combo of FMH/allergies on 2-3 other patients
--did not know how to do some of the physical exam maneuvers I knew intellectually I needed to do
--forgot the names of certain diseases so made up super non-technical names
--put barely any physical exam supporting evidence
--forgot BASIC labs to order
that stuff is on top of the usual mistakes all the people say on this thread that freaks them out like forgetting to counsel about lifestyle changes and putting <3 ddx and what not.
PASSED! Received an email this morning from NBME that my score will be released at 11 AM Eastern.
Sit tight y'all! I definitely thought I failed. There were 2 cases where I had no idea what was going on or what was being asked of me.
Most students pass, so keep your hopes up!
Sit tight y'all! I definitely thought I failed. There were 2 cases where I had no idea what was going on or what was being asked of me.
Most students pass, so keep your hopes up!
Let me tell my story with out any exaggeration.
NonUs IMG. 10 years passed after medical school graduation and has been far away general practice.
Studied first aid and chicago notes, some sheets. Took 3 days course in Atlanta, last day was for mock exam. Passed mock exam.
I have been doing research in US since last july and my English proficiency is intermediate. I took cs just for having a medical license in united states and applying for clinical fellowship in my specialty. I started to study 1 st of December and took exam at 20th of Feb.
I studied mostly online and with my co fellow but honestly we did not study all physical examination until last week and I learned orthopedic examination in course.
In my mock exam 5 out of 13 sp told me there was no issue about sep but rest of them adviced me to speak slow and loudly which I did in the exam.
In my exam, time was run out in once case so I couldn't do closure and did not let the patient know why I have to leave, just said I have to leave and will be back with results.
I did not understand the speech of two patients and was not able to answer challenging questions and somehow I got angry with one of them and did not share my ddx with him 😀
There was 1 room that true diagnosis was not in my ddx list!
In 2 or 3 room my differentials were not in correct order and supporting findings were not enough.
Even during the exam and break times I was feeling that I would fail. That was definitely true feelings. I thought I would fail from sep and ice.
What I did correct ?
I did all CIS components. Wrote good patient notes. I can't recall much things that I did perfect but I smiled all patients and did good physical examinations in allmost all encounters. I showed confidence during physical examination which was my strongest part during whole exam. My performance is borderline in all components and it was the same with mock exam.
That was a true nightmare and thankfully it passed.
NonUs IMG. 10 years passed after medical school graduation and has been far away general practice.
Studied first aid and chicago notes, some sheets. Took 3 days course in Atlanta, last day was for mock exam. Passed mock exam.
I have been doing research in US since last july and my English proficiency is intermediate. I took cs just for having a medical license in united states and applying for clinical fellowship in my specialty. I started to study 1 st of December and took exam at 20th of Feb.
I studied mostly online and with my co fellow but honestly we did not study all physical examination until last week and I learned orthopedic examination in course.
In my mock exam 5 out of 13 sp told me there was no issue about sep but rest of them adviced me to speak slow and loudly which I did in the exam.
In my exam, time was run out in once case so I couldn't do closure and did not let the patient know why I have to leave, just said I have to leave and will be back with results.
I did not understand the speech of two patients and was not able to answer challenging questions and somehow I got angry with one of them and did not share my ddx with him 😀
There was 1 room that true diagnosis was not in my ddx list!
In 2 or 3 room my differentials were not in correct order and supporting findings were not enough.
Even during the exam and break times I was feeling that I would fail. That was definitely true feelings. I thought I would fail from sep and ice.
What I did correct ?
I did all CIS components. Wrote good patient notes. I can't recall much things that I did perfect but I smiled all patients and did good physical examinations in allmost all encounters. I showed confidence during physical examination which was my strongest part during whole exam. My performance is borderline in all components and it was the same with mock exam.
That was a true nightmare and thankfully it passed.
Step2csnightmare
Full Member
Congratsss!!!PASSED!!!!!!!
Step2csnightmare
Full Member
Congrats to all of you, you guys deserve it. Thank you for freaking out with me for a week!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 589
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 877