usmlerx predicted scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rrrrr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does a 75% on the usmlerx really correlate to a score above 275 on the step 1? i have a hard time believing that. i've been consistently getting 75-85% on my usmlerx practice exams and the predictor comes out to "score above 275". i feel that the questions on usmlerx are easy, hence a score of 95%+ should correlate to a score above 275. i feel that a 75-85% score would correlate to a 235-245. anyone else feel the same way? or am i just being hard on myself?

Members don't see this ad.

there is a CI of +/- 20 so its not a very strong predictor, have a ~75% average there too but i am not making anything out that prediction

there is a CI of +/- 20 so its not a very strong predictor, have a ~75% average there too but i am not making anything out that prediction

even so, if the range is from 255-295, i still feel that that is an overestimate.

Maybe others who did rx and have taken their exam can post their rx predictions and their real score.

On another note, i think rx takes into consideration how often you do questions in their bank. Sometimes i go about a week without doing a question in rx and my prediction score goes down the next time i login. I think uworld has a better predictive value, have you started uworld? I start very soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe others who did rx and have taken their exam can post their rx predictions and their real score.

On another note, i think rx takes into consideration how often you do questions in their bank. Sometimes i go about a week without doing a question in rx and my prediction score goes down the next time i login. I think uworld has a better predictive value, have you started uworld? I start very soon.

i have started UW, and i am doing well there also. but i havent done enough questions to get a stable percentage on my performance yet.

does a 75% on the usmlerx really correlate to a score above 275 on the step 1? i have a hard time believing that. i've been consistently getting 75-85% on my usmlerx practice exams and the predictor comes out to "score above 275". i feel that the questions on usmlerx are easy, hence a score of 95%+ should correlate to a score above 275. i feel that a 75-85% score would correlate to a 235-245. anyone else feel the same way? or am i just being hard on myself?

Rx was a great source for learning the FA.. I had a very high avg on Rx when I finished it.. It was around 70%.. However, Rx wont ask you a question that they dont pull directly from the text, which would eliminate the way they show you an explanation.. After each question, Rx has a image of that page of FA they asked you from.. So it is a very good tool to learn FA, and the questions do have a fair difficulty level.. But I wouldnt look at the score for Rx as any indication on how you do on the exam..

After Rx, I was getting in the 60s on UW, then it dipped down to 50s... From what I hear, UW and Qbank are the way to go for score predictors..

Good luck

I don't use usmleRx so I can't give you specific info on that. However, you can use thes score calculators to predict your score. Most of the Qbanks are built in a similar manner, so you could probably use your usmlerx percentage and substitute it for the usmle world or kaplan qbank on these score calculators.

1. Search google for "clinical review" and "score calculator" (sorry, I tried to put up the link, but it was replaced by stars ***)

2. www.medfriends.org/step1_estimator/

I hope this helps.

Last edited: