UT Houston vs TAMHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kitabread

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all!
I am having a hard time deciding between the two schools. I pre-matched into A&M and received a $40,000 scholarship from them. A couple of days ago, I got accepted into UT Houston. I loved UT Houston when I interviewed, but I'm having a hard time deciding how much the money should play a role in the decision- especially since I will be taking out loans for everything.
I know this is different for everyone, but does anyone have any advice on making the decision about the two schools? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Both are good schools.

UT Houston is in the Texas medical center so close to a major medical epicenter. Texas A&M is in a smaller city. But a scholarship that would cover 66% of your tuition is pretty valuable. Also College Station is cheaper than Houston. There are many goods both ways. You have to base it off what is important and fits you. But in general no one cares where you went to med school but $40,000 is a chunk of change. Think one year of salary as a resident. Plus that much less on students loans.

Reactions: 1 user