Uworld scores not improving, exam in 8 weeks! Help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifeasyouknowit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Hoping this isn't too redundant because I've seen a lot of people asking about UWorld scores and how to not be disappointed with them.

I'm going to begin my fifth year at Medical School (it's 5 years here) in a week, and my three month Step period has begun i.e. Oct-Nov-Dec. Planning on taking the exam on the 1st of December hopefully. The problem is I don't feel as though I'm retaining enough information.

UWorld average = 60%, range: 43-75%, completed 62% so far all random, timed, unused
First NBME (13) tomorrow
Offline NBME (12): 219, 4 weeks ago
Been through First Aid twice, Pathoma twice. Used Kaplan lecture notes during my school years, and studied them once through prior to starting First Aid.

I'm aiming for 245+ and am willing to postpone my exam, if I can't get to that score with giving the exam in 8 weeks. I'm now unsure as to how I should go about things. Focus on finishing Uworld as soon as possible (it'll be more difficult to do Uworld once rotations begin again), reading all explanations as I have been doing previously. Or should I stop Uworld for a while, and get another read through First Aid done because Uworld always brings up something I don't know... and I forget things I do know. Don't have too much time, given that rotations will be ongoing as well.

Feeling really nervous, unsure and scared. Please help! Any advice will really be appreciated. Uworld scores really get me down.

Members don't see this ad.

Do more uworld. And expand your resources to include rapid review high yield facts, like this video for example:

It'll stick. And you'll pick up random points