VCOM/Bluefield MABS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve been in final review almost 2 weeks now

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m going to transfer my AACOMAS application today, hopefully it’s not too late in the application cycle.

Also, I saw people stating meeting the benchmarks just guarantees an interview but the website states differently? I was just wondering if you have a 3.6+, positive committee review and a 498+ MCAT if you actually got an acceptance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I’m going to transfer my AACOMAS application today, hopefully it’s not too late in the application cycle.

Also, I saw people stating meeting the benchmarks just guarantees an interview but the website states differently? I was just wondering if you have a 3.6+, positive committee review and a 498+ MCAT if you actually got an acceptance.
Good luck with the transfer! It's not too late at all because the MABS application closes in April and there's still time! So from what I heard and gathered from responses with the MABS representatives AND current students, they are slightly changing their benchmarks. Even though it sounds like it's now just a guaranteed interview, that's actually part of the positive faculty evaluation. I'm still uncertain about these changes, but I'm hopeful that with hard work and collaboration, it'll work out for a lot of us!

Good luck with the transfer! It's not too late at all because the MABS application closes in April and there's still time! So from what I heard and gathered from responses with the MABS representatives AND current students, they are slightly changing their benchmarks. Even though it sounds like it's now just a guaranteed interview, that's actually part of the positive faculty evaluation. I'm still uncertain about these changes, but I'm hopeful that with hard work and collaboration, it'll work out for a lot of us!
Thanks for your reply, I have been out of school for 3 years and my score on the MCAT was a 499 with a 122 in Chem which is ironic because I’m a pharmacist lol (working full time plus 6-7 years removed from undergrad didn’t make it easy) I was just wondering because I’m fairly confident I can hold a 3.6 and someone at VCOM mentioned a guaranteed acceptance about a week ago on the phone.

Thanks for your reply, I have been out of school for 3 years and my score on the MCAT was a 499 with a 122 in Chem which is ironic because I’m a pharmacist lol (working full time plus 6-7 years removed from undergrad didn’t make it easy) I was just wondering because I’m fairly confident I can hold a 3.6 and someone at VCOM mentioned a guaranteed acceptance about a week ago on the phone.
Anytime, and if anything, I can kinda relate! I was on the pre-Med track in undergrad and even graduated early, but bc of my struggles of retaking the MCAT and not being able to surpass the 500 mark (I got a 496 at the highest), I ended up being almost 3 yrs out since undergrad as well and felt the need to go back and really experience the rigor of medicine beforehand. For me with the revised benchmarks, I'll be needing a 3.75 GPA, and while that is more challenging, I know in my power that I will do everything I can to make it. I've been hearing on/off about guaranteed acceptance vs. the new addition of an interview being a part of the positive evaluation, so that is where I am unsure of in regards to the changes. To me, it doesn't sound like a full-blown guaranteed interview only though. That's just my take on it. If you have any more questions, feel free to message me! All the best!

Got my acceptance today! For reference my application was under review stating 11/6, final review 2/12 and acceptance 3/3.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got my acceptance today! For reference my application was under review stating 11/6, final review 2/12 and acceptance 3/3.
Yay, congrats!!! So you'd say you waited less than 3 weeks to hear back after getting a final review, right? This is exciting!

Yay, congrats!!! So you'd say you waited less than 3 weeks to hear back after getting a final review, right? This is exciting!
Yes! My acceptance email came in around 7:30 pm. They have very random timing!

I just had my D.O app transferred over yesterday, but received a secondary application invite from the D.O program a day after. I wonder if this is an error if we have to do another secondary application for MABS in addition to the "supplemental application" I finished for MABS before the transfer. Or is the official withdrawl and transfer to MABS not official?

Man this app has been a long cycle and this confusion is a bit frustrating haha, would love some help/feedback if secondary email that has happened to anyone else?

I just had my D.O app transferred over yesterday, but received a secondary application invite from the D.O program a day after. I wonder if this is an error if we have to do another secondary application for MABS in addition to the "supplemental application" I finished for MABS before the transfer. Or is the official withdrawl and transfer to MABS not official?

Man this app has been a long cycle and this confusion is a bit frustrating haha, would love some help/feedback if secondary email that has happened to anyone else?
Oh wow, I didn't think of this scenario, but since your secondary application came, it must be that the transfer hasn't been official yet. If it was official, it would go through and your VCOM application would have been withdrawn. Personally, if the secondary came this late in the cycle and you'd have to write and further wait for a potential interview invite, I'd say go for MABS then due to the odds. Just curious, but when did you submit your primary VCOM application?

I think this question would best be answered by a MABS or VCOM representative. I suggest contacting Ms. Sheila Ballard ([email protected]) or Ms. Alisa Hewitt ([email protected]). They're rather quick with feedback. Let us know what they say. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello to all on this forum. I am a current Mabs student and would like to give my story and allow you all the make your own decision following this. I came into this program with a 494 MCAT and thus I had to have a 3.75 GPA to meet the benchmarks. I got a 3.85 following first semester and was eligible for December acceptance. My entire class was accepted under the idea of NO interview. A week prior we received an email from the dean saying we would now have to interview. Following the interview me and many other students who also met the MCAT and GPA were rejected. This is only ONE of the many issues this program has brought me and my classmates. We are basically told we cannot argue exam grades or even simply ask questions without having your positive interview benchmark being negative. One of our professors this semester is even not allowed to write her own exams and none of the material lines up and so we are all struggling. After contacting the dean about this information NOTHING has happened, the issues at hand continue. You all are adults and can make your own decision regarding this information, but I thought it important to at least inform you all. Thank you for your time.

Sorry to hear about that. For the people that did end up getting interviews how many would you say got accepted into the program?

I am not sure about the exact stats! I know all together 62 individuals met GPA and MCAT at December but I do not know how many met the final interview benchmark!

I am not sure about the exact stats! I know all together 62 individuals met GPA and MCAT at December but I do not know how many met the final interview benchmark!
How many students do you personally know of that didn’t get accepted because of the interview?

Last edited:
Gotchu! Did they point out any reason for the rejection after the interview?

I thought if you met all the benchmarks you were automatically accepted into the DO program?! I don't understand why they would reject so many of you after fulfilling the benchmarks

I just want to inform you guys that it is a guaranteed interview now and not acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, I am in a similar boat as you. So the program is a guaranteed seat if you meet the benchmarks. I talked with admissions at VCOM and they told me to check in with them in March before sending over my application to the MABS program.
So apparently it’s no longer a guaranteed admission if you meet the benchmarks. It’s a guaranteed formal interview

Reactions: 1 users
Semi off topic but if any current students or past are around how hard is it to get accepted into the program?

Oh wow, I didn't think of this scenario, but since your secondary application came, it must be that the transfer hasn't been official yet. If it was official, it would go through and your VCOM application would have been withdrawn. Personally, if the secondary came this late in the cycle and you'd have to write and further wait for a potential interview invite, I'd say go for MABS then due to the odds. Just curious, but when did you submit your primary VCOM application?

I think this question would best be answered by a MABS or VCOM representative. I suggest contacting Ms. Sheila Ballard ([email protected]) or Ms. Alisa Hewitt ([email protected]). They're rather quick with feedback. Let us know what they say. Good luck!
Yes I am stuck in a dilemma. I received the email that the transfer is complete. But literally received the secondary the day after. I contacted sheilla ballard late friday and she told me to follow up with a VCOM rep.

I may roll the dice on VCOM D.O. app, since I have an acceptance at Nova's post bac, which is still fairly new, but still offers the guaranteed acceptance. It seems as though VCOM MABS hasn't properly updated their benchmarks, since it the website seems to show an acceptance linkage, but like the student stated it is now a guaranteed interview.

I have heard that VCOM D.O. is very selective on for who they send their secondary application to? So it's a good sign for interview chances even tho it's late, since this covid app cycle seems like it's going to have a lot of late movement?

Hello to all on this forum. I am a current Mabs student and would like to give my story and allow you all the make your own decision following this. I came into this program with a 494 MCAT and thus I had to have a 3.75 GPA to meet the benchmarks. I got a 3.85 following first semester and was eligible for December acceptance. My entire class was accepted under the idea of NO interview. A week prior we received an email from the dean saying we would now have to interview. Following the interview me and many other students who also met the MCAT and GPA were rejected. This is only ONE of the many issues this program has brought me and my classmates. We are basically told we cannot argue exam grades or even simply ask questions without having your positive interview benchmark being negative. One of our professors this semester is even not allowed to write her own exams and none of the material lines up and so we are all struggling. After contacting the dean about this information NOTHING has happened, the issues at hand continue. You all are adults and can make your own decision regarding this information, but I thought it important to at least inform you all. Thank you for your time.
Omg, this is rather nerve-wrecking news. I actually just came back today from a road trip to Blacksburg and checked out my future apartment and even VCOM! It was a nice day and seeing this now makes me rather scared of the sudden changes to the benchmark that no longer has guaranteed admissions!

Do you know why it changed and if it is bc of covid? I was told by the MABS representative(s) that this change in benchmarks is minor and that a positive faculty evaluation from the interview is obtainable/not like a high-stakes medical interview. The fact that their website is misleading too now and not updated is not a good sign. While I am still waiting for my MABS acceptance and hoping to attend, I am torn that you could meet all other benchmarks and yet, still not get in as promised like the previous classes from other years. What would you say are the main factors to a negative interview evaluation? It can't be for simply asking professors questions for help, right? Unbelievable and again, sorry you didn't get that acceptance this fall despite meeting other benchmark requirements. I wish you the best and hope it comes around for you in the spring semester. Thank you for being honest with us on these new updates.

I wonder what the percentage is now with students who matriculate into the DO program

This is quite concerning, if it was just them increasing the marks for the benchmark, then they would have only done that. But since they added the "positive interview" aspect to this benchmark, it is most definitely no longer a guaranteed acceptance even after obtaining the MCAT scores and GPA. For example; If it was still guaranteed acceptance, what would be the point of an interview after obtaining the required MCAT scores and gpa of the benchmark? Quite unnecessary honestly and a waste of everyone's time.

Normally I wouldn't mind the change in the policy, but as the previous poster mentioned, they switched their policy/ agreement with their current students during the semester instead of the normal/professional way of doing things such as a change terms after the last semester of their current students' finishes. One thing I look at more than anything is how programs treat their students. This is a complete red flag to me and is quite unprofessional as heck.

Another thing is if they are saying one thing but their website does not reflect their words that they are actually saying to the current applicants then that is too another red flag, as it is misleading. Keep in mind program directors can and or may say anything to get you to stay (if accepted) and pay that lump sum called tuition.

All in all, this program now sounds shadier than the current top 3 Caribbean schools. *withdraws app*

Y'all take care.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey all- super unfortunate to hear all of this now. I have been waiting MONTHS to hear back on my application. Verified end of November, moved to final review 2/4. To be fair, I did have to do the background check because of a misdemeanor charge 7 years ago. But honestly, out of the 10 emails I have sent Sheila and 1 to the dean, I received one email back... I see here that other people have excellent experience communicating with them, not my experience at all. I visited Blacksburg last October and absolutely loved the town, so I was really hoping to move there. Anyway, I’ll be withdrawing my application. I wish we could have been classmates, but I wish you all the best!!

• Care
I spoke with a current MABS student who got accepted to the Dec benchmarks and they basically said that they only knew a few that didn't get accepted and one person they knew didn't because there was something they said in their interview that was not perceived well and they are given another chance at the May benchmark. But other than that they said the interview for them wasn’t bad and was a standard 25-30 min interview. Just be conversational and have good interview skills. Also, don't get on any faculties or the dean's bad side.
current student here. in my experience, getting on anyone's "bad side" is composed of holding them accountable to the standards that they set in place, reaching out for help, giving feedback, and asking questions that they do not like.

current student here. in my experience, getting on anyone's "bad side" is composed of holding them accountable to the standards that they set in place, reaching out for help, giving feedback, and asking questions that they do not like.
Again, I'm just in shock lately to read all of this. I have a lot of former friends from undergrad who praised this program, so I am assuming that the recent benchmark changes have taken a toll on the current students and the outlook of the overall program now. The thing I am confused about most is how asking questions for help and just being eager to learn can result in a negative evaluation? Is there any reasoning behind this from the faculty's standpoint? Sounds quite the contrary on how the students should be treated. Plus, it should be encouraged for a student to not hesitate to ask for support via tutoring and office hours. So what gives...?

Anyway, I am still waiting for my acceptance since I transferred my application in mid-January. I'm on final review and if I get a seat, I will move forward with caution now. Nervous for the future, but I waited the past 2.5 years to get into med school and I really want to only go to VCOM. Thank you all for the advice and wish me luck. Hoping for the best for you guys too!

Again, I'm just in shock lately to read all of this. I have a lot of former friends from undergrad who praised this program, so I am assuming that the recent benchmark changes have taken a toll on the current students and the outlook of the overall program now. The thing I am confused about most is how asking questions for help and just being eager to learn can result in a negative evaluation? Is there any reasoning behind this from the faculty's standpoint? Sounds quite the contrary on how the students should be treated. Plus, it should be encouraged for a student to not hesitate to ask for support via tutoring and office hours. So what gives...?

Anyway, I am still waiting for my acceptance since I transferred my application in mid-January. I'm on final review and if I get a seat, I will move forward with caution now. Nervous for the future, but I waited the past 2.5 years to get into med school and I really want to only go to VCOM. Thank you all for the advice and wish me luck. Hoping for the best for you guys too!
Good luck to you as well whatever you choose to do. I was accepted off the waitlist last year 7 days before the program started so just be patient!

• Care
Current MABS student, if anyone needs a 2 bedroom apartment me and my roommate are moving out of the Reserve at Knollwood. Which is not even 2 minute drive to the classroom and walking distance to vcom campus - DM me!

Current MABS student, 3 bedroom with 2 and half bath townhouse in Christiansburg which is roughly 10 minute from campus. Rent is $1350/month and the area is beautiful. Move in June 1st, DM me if you are interested.

Hi everyone. I am a current student and wanted to provide my experience.

During the fall semester, most of the classes had their lectures pre-recorded and only 1-2 teachers actually had live zoom lectures. We had in-person exams and the testing staff was very rude. During the anatomy practical, there was a mistake that caused the questions paired up with wrong answer choices. When it was brought up to the testing staff, they told one student rudely that they should look at the answer choices again (thinking the student did not know the answer). Eventually, they realized their mistake. Another big problem was that some professors had their email addresses set up Friday before the test on Monday. At the end of the semester, we were reassured by the dean that he would talk to his staff and make sure that they are more responsive, and that all the professors will have their emails setup on time. There was another instance where they imputed someone’s grade wrong. This student told the class about this and many students sent emails to get their grades double-checked. However, the student, whose grade was imputed wrong, was told by the dean that they should have not told the class. 62 students met the fall benchmarks and were sent an email that there would be an interview. No one knew that was the case and when brought to his attention, we were told that they changed the policy and that no student was accepted before those changes were represented on their website. We were given a week to prepare for the interview and were told that it would be “casual”. Now we know that they rejected people based on their performance and told some that they do not have to continue in the spring semester.

Now moving onto the spring semester. Fortunately, all lectures are being done live through zoom and recorded as well. We also have a forum where we can ask questions to professors, and so they will not get 50 emails about the same question. Most of the professors reply within hours, except for one. This particular professor does not communicate properly. For the first exam, our questions were answered in a timely manner, however for the second and third exams, this professor waited until 10 minutes before the exam started to answer all the questions. Also for the second and third exam, the questions were not representative of what we were taught. It’s frustrating that this one class is messing up a lot of people’s GPA. Also, this semester, we have exam reviews and we were told that challenging questions would be looked at in a negative way, and may have a negative impact on the evaluation.

We have a town hall meeting every month so the Dean can relay some information and address any concerns that students have. This last town hall multiple issues were brought up to the dean and like every other town hall, every issue was brushed off. The main concerns as listed above were brought to his attention and some new ones. Some major concerns were that grades were lower for certain classes and how professors did not answer questions on time. For one class's issue of grades being lower, he stated that averages were the same as last year and for one class it was “few” points lower because one individual had not taken the test and had an 0 inputted. However, the current professor for that class told us that the first exam average was 5% lower and the second exam average was the lowest he has ever had in his 19 years of teaching (10% worse). For the other class where the professor would not answer our questions, the dean told us that he would talk to the teacher and won’t follow up with us about it.

Some of these situations I experienced myself. Some I was told by other students. Overall, anytime a concern was brought up, it was just brushed off. There is a clear lack of professionalism and respect for students. Just wanted to share my experience with everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Hi everyone. I am a current student and wanted to provide my experience.

During the fall semester, most of the classes had their lectures pre-recorded and only 1-2 teachers actually had live zoom lectures. We had in-person exams and the testing staff was very rude. During the anatomy practical, there was a mistake that caused the questions paired up with wrong answer choices. When it was brought up to the testing staff, they told one student rudely that they should look at the answer choices again (thinking the student did not know the answer). Eventually, they realized their mistake. Another big problem was that some professors had their email addresses set up Friday before the test on Monday. At the end of the semester, we were reassured by the dean that he would talk to his staff and make sure that they are more responsive, and that all the professors will have their emails setup on time. There was another instance where they imputed someone’s grade wrong. This student told the class about this and many students sent emails to get their grades double-checked. However, the student, whose grade was imputed wrong, was told by the dean that they should have not told the class. 62 students met the fall benchmarks and were sent an email that there would be an interview. No one knew that was the case and when brought to his attention, we were told that they changed the policy and that no student was accepted before those changes were represented on their website. We were given a week to prepare for the interview and were told that it would be “casual”. Now we know that they rejected people based on their performance and told some that they do not have to continue in the spring semester.

Now moving onto the spring semester. Fortunately, all lectures are being done live through zoom and recorded as well. We also have a forum where we can ask questions to professors, and so they will not get 50 emails about the same question. Most of the professors reply within hours, except for one. This particular professor does not communicate properly. For the first exam, our questions were answered in a timely manner, however for the second and third exams, this professor waited until 10 minutes before the exam started to answer all the questions. Also for the second and third exam, the questions were not representative of what we were taught. It’s frustrating that this one class is messing up a lot of people’s GPA. Also, this semester, we have exam reviews and we were told that challenging questions would be looked at in a negative way, and may have a negative impact on the evaluation.

We have a town hall meeting every month so the Dean can relay some information and address any concerns that students have. This last town hall multiple issues were brought up to the dean and like every other town hall, every issue was brushed off. The main concerns as listed above were brought to his attention and some new ones. Some major concerns were that grades were lower for certain classes and how professors did not answer questions on time. For one class's issue of grades being lower, he stated that averages were the same as last year and for one class it was “few” points lower because one individual had not taken the test and had an 0 inputted. However, the current professor for that class told us that the first exam average was 5% lower and the second exam average was the lowest he has ever had in his 19 years of teaching (10% worse). For the other class where the professor would not answer our questions, the dean told us that he would talk to the teacher and won’t follow up with us about it.

Some of these situations I experienced myself. Some I was told by other students. Overall, anytime a concern was brought up, it was just brushed off. There is a clear lack of professionalism and respect for students. Just wanted to share my experience with everyone.
Thank you for taking your time to write about this.
Do any other previous students agree with this?

I am a current student, and I 100% agree with every situation described here. The saddest part is that all the concerns brought up as the class to the dean has been overlooked. Please pick another program that will provide you with resources and support to succeed. As all of us know that this field is challenging, and it is so important to be at a place that truly wants to see you succeed in your journey. Good luck !

Reactions: 6 users
I am a current student who was accepted in the fall and I agree with this. There have been multiple times where us students addressed our concerns, but we never seemed to reach a proper solution. There have been things hidden from us and we have been lied to many occasions throughout the year. At the end of the day, it's always just "work harder, nothing is going to change".

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah what everyone else said. Avoid this fake and falsely advertised program and pick another program that's loyal and trustworthy. Man I can go on and on forever about how terrible the staff is here at VCOM. Not everyone, of course there are some professors that I love. But the red flags would lead me to NOT recommend this program to any of you. ALL VCOM MABS cares is about is your money!!!! They don't care if you succeed or not!!

• Inappropriate
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Just received my acceptance here. But I think unfortunately I’m going to take all the current students advice and pass😩

Just received my acceptance here. But I think unfortunately I’m going to take all the current students advice and pass😩
Wise choice buddy. This program is going to be even worse next year. They are so fake here and unprofessional.

• Dislike
Just got an acceptance letter. I think I will pass too. After reading all the comments and concerns from previous students.

Current Student here.

I am sorry to hear about all the other current students on this thread. While many are voicing frustrations with the program, I would like to take the time and share my experience. I will admit that the program has had its ups and downs, but overall I have really enjoyed my time here. It has been a great experience getting to meet some of the faculty that I will be seeing again during my first year of medical school. First, I would like to say that this program is not easy and will be very challenging. As with many things in life, you are taking a risk with this program (as you would with many others) and you have to be comfortable betting on yourself and your capabilities. When I graduated from Virginia Tech in 2017, I had a 2.54 cGPA and an even lower sGPA. When I spoke with Health Professions Advising at my university, they recommended that I choose a different profession because they felt that I would not be competitive in any healthcare-related programs. I eventually went back to school and raised my GPA over the 3.0 minimum requirement and gained acceptance into the program last summer. Like many prospective students on here, I had also spoken with a few students that had a bad experience with the program and that made me very nervous. While I could have turned down my acceptance, I used that as a reminder that I needed to work hard and take full responsibility for my actions moving forward. Through hard work and perseverance, I can proudly say that I have a 4.0 in this program, something I had never achieved before in my life. My biggest piece of advice is to work hard from the very beginning and make a solid friend in the program. Having that accountability has personally kept me motivated and helped me avoid burnout. Also, be open to learning/experimenting with new study techniques. Once I learned a technique that suited my study style, the program became significantly easier and I felt more confident on test days.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I am reaching out to a few other classmates that are also doing well in the program and will encourage them to post on here.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi everyone,
I am also a current student. I am also very sorry that there are some students who had negative experiences. My experience was generally positive. I found the majority of the professors to be helpful for the most parts, especially during their review sessions. Sure, there were sometimes when things got a little messy but this year was especially hard for everyone who was trying to adjust to online learning. I think the biggest challenge was that this program was built for an in person mode of instruction where you can ask as many questions and interact with professors. And I am hoping that the next year‘s class has it better than we did.
This program is tough but it’s only a glimpse of medical school. Also, it definitely makes you adapt to difficult situations that may arise. It requires a lot of persistence and some self reliance but it most certainly is doable! Please don’t let doubt take over you and know that you can do it!

• Care
Current Student here.

I am sorry to hear about all the other current students on this thread. While many are voicing frustrations with the program, I would like to take the time and share my experience. I will admit that the program has had its ups and downs, but overall I have really enjoyed my time here. It has been a great experience getting to meet some of the faculty that I will be seeing again during my first year of medical school. First, I would like to say that this program is not easy and will be very challenging. As with many things in life, you are taking a risk with this program (as you would with many others) and you have to be comfortable betting on yourself and your capabilities. When I graduated from Virginia Tech in 2017, I had a 2.54 cGPA and an even lower sGPA. When I spoke with Health Professions Advising at my university, they recommended that I choose a different profession because they felt that I would not be competitive in any healthcare-related programs. I eventually went back to school and raised my GPA over the 3.0 minimum requirement and gained acceptance into the program last summer. Like many prospective students on here, I had also spoken with a few students that had a bad experience with the program and that made me very nervous. While I could have turned down my acceptance, I used that as a reminder that I needed to work hard and take full responsibility for my actions moving forward. Through hard work and perseverance, I can proudly say that I have a 4.0 in this program, something I had never achieved before in my life. My biggest piece of advice is to work hard from the very beginning and make a solid friend in the program. Having that accountability has personally kept me motivated and helped me avoid burnout. Also, be open to learning/experimenting with new study techniques. Once I learned a technique that suited my study style, the program became significantly easier and I felt more confident on test days.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I am reaching out to a few other classmates that are also doing well in the program and will encourage them to post on here.
I completely agree with this. The program is not all bad. I have had some great professors and met many wonderful people. Academically, I am doing well, so I have no issue in that sense. However, this program is not worth the mental stress that comes purely from the lack of unprofessionalism and rudeness by some faculty. I know academic stress is there, but that is normal for any program.

I really wish I knew about this stuff before I started this program. It's not meant to scare or discourage anyone, but simply to inform. Thank you.

Current student. This is true. Not trying to scare you all, but $28,000 is a lot of money to be dissatisfied with the way the program is conducted/student treatment. However if you are set on this program, try your best to do your best!

Final Review: Feb 26th
Acceptance: March 17th

Despite so many mixed reviews on how the program is currently running, I've waited so long for this opportunity, want to go to VCOM, and already secured an apartment with my bff in Blacksburg... Today must be (hopefully) my lucky day on St. Patrick's bc I got my MABS acceptance! No one said it would be easy and I know I'm taking this risk as I would with any program I don't truly know about. I will accept this invitation to join the upcoming class and work my hardest to do well in order to prepare myself for medical school. Praying for the best - for all of us! Thank you

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Final Review: Feb 26th
Acceptance: March 17th

Despite so many mixed reviews on how the program is currently running, I've waited so long for this opportunity, want to go to VCOM, and already secured an apartment with my bff in Blacksburg... Today must be (hopefully) my lucky day on St. Patrick's bc I got my MABS acceptance! No one said it would be easy and I know I'm taking this risk as I would with any program I don't truly know about. I will accept this invitation to join the upcoming class and work my hardest to do well in order to prepare myself for medical school. Praying for the best - for all of us! Thank you
Best of luck! Are you from Virginia?

• Care
Thanks soo much! And yes, I live in Richmond, VA! Blacksburg is like 3.5 hours away from my home. How about you?
Cool! I’m from southwest Texas but pretty sure going to end up in a SMP program in TX instead

• Love