This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my application transferred from the DO school and I did it early, I believe in November. I didn't get an acceptance letter until mid March so I wouldn't worry about, its a long way until July

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, how did you find out ?

Found out when I called the program about my application. The lady said they were super busy because they've gotten 500 apps already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the helpful info that's been shared so far. Also jw, have they begun sending out admissions decisions already? Are they notifying applicants in the order that applications are received? Just curious what kind of timeframe to expect for hearing something back. I know on the website it says 4-6 weeks, but it kind of sounds like some people have waited longer than that already?

Just submitted mine!
For the people that have already got their application verified, roughly how long did it take? I'm hearing that it is taking longer this year.

I may be jumping the gun here but the general consensus is that the admission committee is starting to review applications and, by somewhat murky sources, the field seems to be tight this year (500+ applicants). No decisions have been posted on here as far as I know so the wait game must be strong in you Lolz.

Whatever you guys do, I wouldn't recommend harassing them for updates after you've submitted your application. Once you're confirmed submitted, trust in the process. It only has the potential to do damage and has no potential to help your application.

Hey everyone!

I just received an update from Alisa and she said that the ADCOM is just starting to review apps and that my app is now in review (applied early October). I got verified in about 4-5 weeks. She said that I should hear something from ADCOM IN about 2 weeks through email. Hope this timeline helps!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi, I am an applicant from FL, I have a quick question, were you able to submit your application even though they don’t have all of your transcripts?

You are able to submit your application without transcripts or LOR...however, your application will not be reviewed until everything is submitted and verified by postbaccas. I'm assuming it will take a couple weeks to have my transcripts and application verified.

Out of curiosity, for those in the program, how are the semesters set up? Is it similar to the block schedule?
Also, how do you like the instruction style? Is instruction basically come in and be lectured at, is the lecture interactive, do they give a reading the night before and quiz as soon as you come to class, or do you guys send in questions and base the lecture off of that?

Just submitted mine!
For the people that have already got their application verified, roughly how long did it take? I'm hearing that it is taking longer this year.
They took 12 days to verify my app. Little than two weeks. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Really excited about the program. let's hope for the best. :)

Just talked to Admissions today. They have received over 500 applications already and only have offered 6 acceptances thus far.

Reactions: 2 users
Given just how competitive this program has gotten (imagine the number of apps once VCOM and other schools send out rejections), it might be smart to have backup plans already in place.

Given just how competitive this program has gotten (imagine the number of apps once VCOM and other schools send out rejections), it might be smart to have backup plans already in place.

I would definitely recommend applying to more than one program no matter what.

To give a general idea of processing time, I submitted my app on 1/27/2018. The transcript was received on 2/1/2018 (I mailed the request to my school on 1/19/2018 and the request was fulfilled on 1/22/2018). My application was verified on 2/8/2018. I'm guessing it'll be 4-6 weeks, if not longer, before I hear anything further.

I submit my app on January 23rd and was also verified on 2/8 after transcripts came in.

24lhlb.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my application on February 13. My application status says "complete", am I just waiting for it to say "verified" before it can be sent to the admission committee?

Edit: a quick search just told me that it will be either undelivered (meaning there was a mistake in my application) or verified. Boy, am i lazy lol

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a place to live for VCOM Post Bacc, I am currently a GCP student and will be moving once the program ends! Renovated 1 bedroom apartment, move-in date June 1st. Great place to live - just leaving sooner than expected. Message me if interested! :)

I submitted my application on February 13. My application status says "complete", am I just waiting for it to say "verified" before it can be sent to the admission committee?

Edit: a quick search just told me that it will be either undelivered (meaning there was a mistake in my application) or verified. Boy, am i lazy lol
Yeah, They send it off once it’s verified

Does anyone happen to know how often the admissions committee meets? I was told
Hey everyone!

I just received an update from Alisa and she said that the ADCOM is just starting to review apps and that my app is now in review (applied early October). I got verified in about 4-5 weeks. She said that I should hear something from ADCOM IN about 2 weeks through email. Hope this timeline helps!

Do you mind sharing whether or not you’ve heard back yet? I was complete about 5 weeks ago and informed that it would take about a month for a decision, so I’m curious where they’re at with things but don’t want to bug them either.

Does anyone happen to know how often the admissions committee meets?

Also, do you mind sharing whether or not you’ve heard back yet? I was complete about 5 weeks ago and informed that it would take about a month for a decision, so I’m curious where they’re at with things but don’t want to bug them either.

Sorry, typos the first time

Not sure when the committee meets tbh, and I haven't heard of anyone hearing back yet, unfortunately.

I was completed at the end of November and still haven't heard back. I asked for an update last week and they said I was still in the review process and they have no sort of time line as to when I would hear back. I'm watching curling to keep my mind off of the wait. I don't even like curling lolz!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone happen to know how often the admissions committee meets? I was told

Do you mind sharing whether or not you’ve heard back yet? I was complete about 5 weeks ago and informed that it would take about a month for a decision, so I’m curious where they’re at with things but don’t want to bug them either.
I haven't heard anything back yet, still just waiting patiently. I re-read my email and the estimate she gave me was just her estimate, I'm not sure how often the committee meets or even when updates gets sent out. Hopefully I hear something back soon!

I asked yesterday and was told there's about 600 applications so far, that its a mixed VCOM/Bluefield committee, and that the committee has yet to actually meet to review applications

I asked yesterday and was told there's about 600 applications so far, that its a mixed VCOM/Bluefield committee, and that the committee has yet to actually meet to review applications
Maybe it'll happen in March?!

Lets hope!! I'm studying for the MCAT in the meantime so that helps pass the time, but it would be nice to know sooner rather than later
That sounds good! I hope it's gonna happen soon! I put in my application as soon as the cycle opened so I've been waiting since October or so! I just need to be patient, gonna go do puzzle books or something!

If the committee has yet to meet, does that mean that they have not accepted people?

If the committee has yet to meet, does that mean that they have not accepted people?
It would follow the they have not accepted anyone. However, earlier it was mentioned that that only six people had been accepted up to that point. So someone is wrong, and if I had to bet, it would be this one. It's almost impossible, in my mind, to go through 600 applications in 3 or so months assuming march is when they start reviewing them.

It would follow the they have not accepted anyone. However, earlier it was mentioned that that only six people had been accepted up to that point. So someone is wrong, and if I had to bet, it would be this one. It's almost impossible, in my mind, to go through 600 applications in 3 or so months assuming march is when they start reviewing them.
they told me they received 500 applications, is it official that they have 600 now ?

I just checked the Bluefield website, and saw that they added new information: tuition is now $28,000.

Also, how did everyone send their letters? I emailed them and they told me to have Interfolio send them to an email.

I just checked the Bluefield website, and saw that they added new information: tuition is now $28,000.

I'm pretty bummed about how much the tuition is now considering it was around $16,000+ before (as the certificate w/ VCOM only). However, there are pros and cons - yeah it's more expensive, but you walk away with a Master's degree now. Plus, the guaranteed acceptance if you achieve the desired benchmarks is awesome.

Also, how did everyone send their letters? I emailed them and they told me to have Interfolio send them to an email.

I sent them through PostBacCAS. The application service sent an email to the letter writers, and they then submitted them to PostBacCAS.

I sent them through PostBacCAS. The application service sent an email to the letter writers, and they then submitted them to PostBacCAS.

I had mine stored on Interfolio and because Interfolio couldn't submit them to PostBacCas, the lady I am in touched with (Sheila B) told me to have Interfolio send them to the bluefield email. I was wondering if anyone had done the same thing.

Hey everyone!

Hey man, have you heard anything yet?

Realizing this is a big if, but IF the time table stays around the same we should start seeing decisions this month. So keep your head up and realize the wait will be worth it.

Hey everyone quick questions. I just submitted tues of this week. Do you think I’m at a Jude disadvantage given the fact that people started applying last year? Also is anyone else taking an mcat in May and applying to medical school this upcoming cycle? Is that weird to apply to both this post bacc and medical schools? Is it discouraged? I noticed that classes start end of July so what if one actually gets accepted to a medical school after acceptance to the post bacc program? Sorry in advance for so many questions. I searched for forum but I couldn’t find anyone who had posted these same questions.

I think if you've got borderline stats where you feel like you could realistically be accepted straight into med school, you'd be crazy not to apply to both at the same time. That said, things might get hairy if you start getting interviews on class days, particularly testing days. Not sure how Bluefield/VCOM handles attendance.