This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm going to start one, but I'm waiting until I have a good name. I started school today, so I should probably pick a name out soon. :D

Honestly, I spent an embarrassing amount of time choosing the name. Had a running list of ideas in Evernote on my phone that I kept editing and adding to for weeks. But I ended up going with humor in the end! :p

Members don't see this ad.

So, I've decided to give the whole blog writing thing a try :) We'll see how this goes! Feel free to follow along (especially any pre-vets and/or anyone interested in applying to SGU):

www.mytruebluelifesgu.blogspot.com

SN: I'm just getting it started, so hang in there with me until I get things figured out!

love the name!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking about blogging my vet school life as well (as a sideblog since I already have a tumblr, it should be easy to set up). Should I go for it?

Honestly, I spent an embarrassing amount of time choosing the name. Had a running list of ideas in Evernote on my phone that I kept editing and adding to for weeks. But I ended up going with humor in the end! :p
I've tried to get people to help me name a blog, but I only have one potential name so far. Not sure if I want to use it. The idea was "Adventures of an Overachiever".

I've started a blog but I'm afraid no one would ever read it oh well :p

I'm following basically everyone on here, so please post them! I love reading them!

Last edited:
I'm happy to follow and read anyone and everyone :) It would be cool if you would follow me too, if only because it makes it easier to find blogs instead of digging up this thread ;)

Swings, I never think anyone reads mine either but I have 10 followers and over 2100 page views, so SOMEONE out there is reading :laugh:

I'm happy to follow and read anyone and everyone :) It would be cool if you would follow me too, if only because it makes it easier to find blogs instead of digging up this thread ;)

Swings, I never think anyone reads mine either but I have 10 followers and over 2100 page views, so SOMEONE out there is reading :laugh:

followed everyone :) I just realized I have 1 post and almost 30 page views. wtf? :laugh:

I thought about doing a blog, but then I thought I would be a hipster and just keep a journal. :D

I'll read your blogs though.

I do both. Not sure how I'll keep up with both of them once vet school starts, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. :laugh:

I've started a blog but I'm afraid no one would ever read it oh well :p

That's how I felt and now I'm at almost 200 page views :D I only wish people would comment on it! I kind of realized the blog was for me, though. I like looking back on these kinds of things years later. I have a cringeworthy livejournal from when I was in middle school that I browse through occasionally.

That's how I felt and now I'm at almost 200 page views :D I only wish people would comment on it! I kind of realized the blog was for me, though. I like looking back on these kinds of things years later. I have a cringeworthy livejournal from when I was in middle school that I browse through occasionally.

what's your blog?? I'll follow :) I literally read everyone's post I love learning new things and realizing I'm not the only one who feels a certain way! And what I can look forward to!

I'll try it anyway… maybe someone will read :)
mine is golf2gauze.blogspot.com

Members don't see this ad :)
what's your blog?? I'll follow :) I literally read everyone's post I love learning new things and realizing I'm not the only one who feels a certain way! And what I can look forward to!

I'll try it anyway… maybe someone will read :)
mine is golf2gauze.blogspot.com

Love your blog name!! It's super cute!!

Good day all! I write a blog for my veterinary clients in Indianapolis, and for those vets (and future vets!) who care to read. I have nothing to sell to you, and am not an advertiser.

Leo's Pet Care <= You'll find the blog under the tab titled "Vet Blog".

For what it's worth, I've found writing a blog to be a wonderful practice builder, has opened up tremendous opportunities in the local social media and traditional media spheres, and is indescribably emotionally cathartic. I highly recommend you start writing your own, no matter where you are in your journey.

Just for fun, here's a post you might enjoy as you consider your future: "Three Ways Not To Buy a Veterinary Practice"

See you in the forums!

So since orientation starts on Monday, I figured I'd post my blog on here. Maybe someone will read it and find it helpful :)

clinicsandcoveralls.blogspot.com

I want to start a blog but I feel like I wouldn't keep up with it...might just make a secondary tumblr blog :oops:

I almost did that, but then it wouldn't be as easy to follow everyone else's! I'm pretty sure I'm going to start my own...probably this weekend.

I'm a massive idiot with blogspot.. Holy hell. I can't figure out how to subscribe to half of these. I give up.. More beer, then bed. Worry tomorrow :D

I'm a massive idiot with blogspot.. Holy hell. I can't figure out how to subscribe to half of these. I give up.. More beer, then bed. Worry tomorrow :D

I don't subscribe, I just bookmark them :D I couldn't figure out how to subscribe either.

Look to the left, about 1/3 down the page for a rectangular button that says "Add" under an orange heading ("reading list")
You can copy/paste the URL of any blog into the window that pops up.
Voila :)

Look to the left, about 1/3 down the page for a rectangular button that says "Add" under an orange heading ("reading list")
You can copy/paste the URL of any blog into the window that pops up.
Voila :)

Insanely genius!!!!!! :thumbup:

She is a member here, although she isn't around as much anymore. I'm sure she would love to know that people are enjoying what she writes, though.

True story! I've been busy -- but I'm thinking about making a come-back! ;)

I really life Life In Vet School & Tips On Getting In. http://sharonostermann.blog.com/ She posts regularly and gives advice on admissions, etc.

Thanks so much for the feedback! Keep updated through my facebook page as I tend to update that far more often than the blog these days! But...there's a new post up on the blog today! :)

gee that name sounds suspiciously familiar... ;) jk, jk i like it! :D

:confused: I'm not actually sure what you're referencing...I picked "Birdie" to go by through a chain of associations to my irl name and then based my url off that.

Jumping on the bandwagon. Reddirtdvm.blogspot.com

I did actually start a blog as well! I have only been updating it about once very 1.5 weeks, though. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. I've been in class about 1.5 months, so there has been quite a few posts.

Not sure if anyone knew this, but the people behind the Merck Veterinary Manual were looking for student bloggers. I'm not sure when they are planning to launch their blogs, but it will be on their website. It's been a few months since they first were looking for students, but they plan to have students from a variety of schools and in different years.

I did actually start a blog as well! I have only been updating it about once very 1.5 weeks, though. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. I've been in class about 1.5 months, so there has been quite a few posts.

Not sure if anyone knew this, but the people behind the Merck Veterinary Manual were looking for student bloggers. I'm not sure when they are planning to launch their blogs, but it will be on their website. It's been a few months since they first were looking for students, but they plan to have students from a variety of schools and in different years.

They closed the application and will reopen it in the spring. Its a $50/post compensation -- not too shabby!

I know there have been previous threads on this topic but those seem to be out-of-date at this point:

I follow quite a few veterinary & veterinary student bloggers (as well as having my own), but it seems most of the people I've been following for the last couple of years seem to be deciding to call it quits or haven't blogged in 7+months. I realize most student bloggers are unreliable (understandably so), but the vet blogs I am surprised to see come to such an abrupt hault. A Vet's Guide to Life & Journey of an ER Vet seem to be the only 2 actually remaining active and having fairly regular posts.

Any good Vet blogs (or Vet student blogs) anyone can recommend that are still active? :)

I follow VetGirlOnTheRun and Vetbarbie on twitter (she's hilarious though) and a few on tumblr -- zoodvminthemaking but I run into the same problem you do, they call it quits. Ill admit, I got so busy I had to quit mine.

They closed the application and will reopen it in the spring. Its a $50/post compensation -- not too shabby!
I had applied, and I was trying to look for updates on the process, but I guess that makes sense about why I couldn't find anything.

I run into the same problem you do, they call it quits. Ill admit, I got so busy I had to quit mine.
My past few posts have been about 2 weeks apart. I've got so much going on that it's hard for me to remember to update it. I'll probably completely forget about it one day, but I'm going to try my best to keep it going. I had a blog on a different site a long time ago, and I used to go back months later to post a new blog when I remembered.

I followed some of the blogs posted on here recently, so if you have a new follower, it may be me. :)

Thinking about starting up a blog for a pre-vet LA vet and health conscience/fitness person. Can't think of any good names to incorporate both. :(

My blog is probably posted in here somewhere, but I'll post it again. I started it right before vet school and kept it up throughout (although I admittedly rarely posted during clinics) and hope to continue through residency: jmj2013.wordpress.com

I am trying to keep up with mine as well!

cheeseheadvetstudentinoz.blogspot.com

If anyone has questions or something they would specifically like me to blog about, feel free to leave a comment or just stalk, I am cool with that too! :)

I also started a blog. It's about going to veterinary school school in Dublin. :luck:
Just for the record, I've been here a month now and I adore it.

Vetineire.blogspot.ie

Looks like Merck has launched their veterinary student blogs. I'm a little bummed because I applied to be one of their writers and never heard anything back. C'est la vie.

One of my classmates is writing for them though, and a guy I went to undergrad with. The blogs are written by students in different schools and various class years, so it's worth a look: http://vetstudentstories.merckmanuals.com/contributors/

And while I'm posting here anyway . . . my blog is running along nicely and the link is posted in my signature below. :D

Looks like Merck has launched their veterinary student blogs. I'm a little bummed because I applied to be one of their writers and never heard anything back. C'est la vie.
Same here.

I need to update my blog sometime soon. It's been a few weeks.

I will be starting veterinary school at St. George's in January. While most of my posts pertain to SGU specifically, some of my earlier posts are resources for high school and undergraduate students.

You are also more than welcome to ask me any questions and I can write entries based on your questions or requested topics.

http://suturesandsand.wordpress.com

Have at it. :)

So I was thinking, would any of you bloggers be interested in participating in a weekly blog topic thing? People can post a topic they'd like to write or read about and anyone interested can blog about it and link the post to this thread. Topics could be vet school/applications related or non-vet related stuff.

Reactions: 1 user