This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I was thinking, would any of you bloggers be interested in participating in a weekly blog topic thing? People can post a topic they'd like to write or read about and anyone interested can blog about it and link the post to this thread. Topics could be vet school/applications related or non-vet related stuff.

Definitely! Might actually encourage me to update my blog on a somewhat regular basis. . .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I was thinking, would any of you bloggers be interested in participating in a weekly blog topic thing? People can post a topic they'd like to write or read about and anyone interested can blog about it and link the post to this thread. Topics could be vet school/applications related or non-vet related stuff.
this is a good idea!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would be into that! I'm trying to get better about updating mine :X

Hey guys, new here, and I've had a blog for quite a while now chronicalling silly and noteworthy things that have happened to me during my adventures in veterinary medicine. I'm a recent graduate--been working since May--and went to school at Massey University in New Zealand. Many of my posts are about the whacky things we did (often in the form of fundraisers for Halfway Day), weird classes and professors, the trials of clinical rotations, and starting recently, life as a working new grad!

I haven't always kept up with my blog, and I think the main issue is that I have no readers (beside my mom, haha), so I have nothing enticing me to keep returning. I tried to write it to be comprehensible to non-vet people, but really the target audience is vet and pre-vet students, and I realised I needed to find a way to reach that audience. So I thought to myself, "Self, we need to check out some vet student forums." And here I am!

Currently I'm scheduling a few posts per week, and have plenty of ideas/stories for a good while. While I'd be flattered if you checked it out, I'd also love to make some connections and follow similar blogs (hey maybe we can guest post to each others' blogs!) Feel free to share your own vet school blog on this thread, and I will check it out. (I did find some from old threads and will be reading through them this evening)

Here's mine: http://fuzzyscalpel.blogspot.com

Hey guys, new here, and I've had a blog for quite a while now chronicalling silly and noteworthy things that have happened to me during my adventures in veterinary medicine. I'm a recent graduate--been working since May--and went to school at Massey University in New Zealand. Many of my posts are about the whacky things we did (often in the form of fundraisers for Halfway Day), weird classes and professors, the trials of clinical rotations, and starting recently, life as a working new grad!

I haven't always kept up with my blog, and I think the main issue is that I have no readers (beside my mom, haha), so I have nothing enticing me to keep returning. I tried to write it to be comprehensible to non-vet people, but really the target audience is vet and pre-vet students, and I realised I needed to find a way to reach that audience. So I thought to myself, "Self, we need to check out some vet student forums." And here I am!

Currently I'm scheduling a few posts per week, and have plenty of ideas/stories for a good while. While I'd be flattered if you checked it out, I'd also love to make some connections and follow similar blogs (hey maybe we can guest post to each others' blogs!) Feel free to share your own vet school blog on this thread, and I will check it out. (I did find some from old threads and will be reading through them this evening)

there is a thread for blogs so I'm going to move this there.

I read one of your articles from 2011. Massey holds a "slave auction"... Yeaaa..
Incredibly poor choice for a fundraiser name.

I know this is an old thread - are any of the bloggers on here still active? Did the weekly blog topic thing ever happen?

The topic of the week did happen, most people posted links to their responses in a thread (Blog Topic of the week maybe? Try the search box). My blog is still around but not active - it was difficult to transition from blogging about vet school to blogging about being a vet - confidentiality and all that, even if I'm maybe too paranoid. I've considered just making it about my life/projects but I doubt anyone wants to read that...

Hey all!

I recently started my own blog to capture some of my moments over the course of these next 4 years, well 3 and a half now. The blog is a lifestyle blog, portraying topics other than endless vet school frustrations rants and giving a glimpse of my life outside of vet school. I also write entries regarding vet school and some self-help/advice articles. Please let me know what you think or if there are any other topics you'd like me to touch on!

Are you a blogger? Share your link with me so I can follow you!

http://beyondthebluecoat.wordpress.com/

Members don't see this ad :)
BLogs, blogs, blogs. You can search for some really interesting articles just in google. And you will see, that there are a lot of information posted outside special vet blogs.. For example vlogs on youtube or infographics. I have found this nice infographic - Why do I want to become a veterinarian . What do you think about it?

VBB is great stuff. If you haven't checked it out, you should!

My blog isn't really veterinary (can't post pics when you work in research!), but it has lots of animal pictures on it! Most of what is on there is sewing and cross-stitch related stuff.

My blog - Less B****ing, More Stitching!

OMG... That name is brilliant. I have a veterinary blog (http://journeytodvm.com) and I attempted to start a craft blog, but I couldn't keep up with both in the midst of school.

It seems this thread has been dead for a long time but it is worth reviving it - I'm a board certified small animal internist and I created a blog to share my experiences (and my wife's, since she is doing a small animal oncology residency) with anyone that is looking to pursue a veterinary career, currently a vet student and even post-DVM.

Our goal is to share this so that you don't make the same mistakes we did, and for you to have certain information and knowledge that we wished we had when we were in your shoes. We also created a resources section that contains useful and valuable tools for different stages of your career. Let us know what you think though PM or via the contact section in the website. Thanks!

Check it out : VetMed Survival Guide.

Here's "mine" which really I just started, at this point it is a shared collaborative blog: Destination Doctor :) we have a few people from different schools posting about their experience, though we can all be unreliable at times as this blog is meant to be fun, laid back, and not interfere with school :). Actually, if anyone else wants to be in on our collaborative blog message me! :) I'd love for it to have as many representatives from different schools as possible.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I am also posting weekly on my blog: The Traveling Dogtor. I am a second-year student at UGA CVM and am currently working at a sea lion rehabilitation center in California. Blogging has been a great way to de-stress and also share my experiences both in and out of vet school. I definitely focus on mental health and tips for those applying to veterinary school, but I would definitely be interested in a collaboration. Looking forward to [trying] to read all of your blogs! The WiFi where I am right now is pretty temperamental.

Hey all, I’m new to this forum but if you love food animal medicine and/or travel, please follow my instagram @ future.dairy.dvm

I am a second year veterinary student at MU CVM and will be posting at least weekly about all things vet school and life including externships, conferences, travel, and just some pretty cool pics!

Thanks in advance!!