You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMCVM 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
millerthomas
New Member
Does anyone know how many people get put on the alternate list?
littlebalto
Full Member
IS Alternate. Does anyone know anything about chances of it moving or time line or anything at all 😥
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
It will depend on your IS pool since they keep the lists separateIS Alternate. Does anyone know anything about chances of it moving or time line or anything at all 😥
littlebalto
Full Member
I’m IS VAIt will depend on your IS pool since they keep the lists separate
austin_haller72
Full Member
OOS alternate. Does anyone know how deep the OOS alternate list goes??
D
deleted1223541
OOS acceptance 🥹
kasmteit90
Full Member
OOS alternate
blacklabrador2025
Full Member
IS acceptance🥹
Speedybeans
Full Member
OOS acceptance
IS acceptance!! 3rd time’s the charm🥹
ririzzyroo
New Member
IS (VA) alternate. Congrats everyone who was accepted! Of course, I had my sad moment but life goes on. Let’s all have hope alternates <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zygodactyyyl
Full Member
IS acceptance. Relief and gratitude washed over me when I saw the email. Thankful to all who helped me get here and greatly excited for the future to come.
For those on the waitlist, from previous threads I've gathered that MD IS moves a decent amount, between 2-12 spots, while VA slightly less, between 1-6, I believe. OOS can vary, but there was one individual who was accepted at #14, or number #24, I can't recall exactly, but obviously with any OOS list it can move a good bit. Rooting for everyone here!
For those on the waitlist, from previous threads I've gathered that MD IS moves a decent amount, between 2-12 spots, while VA slightly less, between 1-6, I believe. OOS can vary, but there was one individual who was accepted at #14, or number #24, I can't recall exactly, but obviously with any OOS list it can move a good bit. Rooting for everyone here!
Last edited:
buttr.smartfood.popcorn
New Member
IS (VA) rejection for second year in a row as a second-time interviewer. Feeling pretty defeated and wish the interview wasn’t the end all be all for the admissions offers. But there’s always next year to prep more for it and try again. Congrats to everyone who got in♥️
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
You definitely can if you didn't already when applying/interviewing, but either way I would recommend taking the time now to decide your contingencies for where you might get in so you have your decision mostly thought out already!OOS waitlist. 😔 My question is, if you're on a wait-list and they give you 2 days to respond how could you possibly know what school to pick? Do you tour the schools you're waitlisted on even if you might not get in?
When I was pulled off the waitlist for tOSU laast year, I accepted within a day because I was 90% sure, then toured a week or so later just to be 100% sure before withdrawing my seat at VMCVM.
So you didn't visit OSU until after accepting? I just ask because not all my wait-list options are super close to visit, so just wondering if there's a way to narrow them down, should I speak with admissions for each school to get an idea on what they offer? It's so confusing because some offer pets in dorms and some don't, some don't have a teaching hosp and some do, some are further away, so it's hard to know what school id be happy in? Sorry that was a lot!You definitely can if you didn't already when applying/interviewing, but either way I would recommend taking the time now to decide your contingencies for where you might get in so you have your decision mostly thought out already!
When I was pulled off the waitlist for tOSU laast year, I accepted within a day because I was 90% sure, then toured a week or so later just to be 100% sure before withdrawing my seat at VMCVM.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
No, but I had done enough research and consideration before that point to know for nearly certain that's where I wanted to go! You do risk losing your acceptance deposit (which can be a few hundred or over $1,000 depending on the school) if you change your mind. It was still a tough choice because I really liked VMCVM, but easier than if I had been blindsided.So you didn't visit OSU until after accepting? I just ask because not all my wait-list options are super close to visit, so just wondering if there's a way to narrow them down, should I speak with admissions for each school to get an idea on what they offer? It's so confusing because some offer pets in dorms and some don't, some don't have a teaching hosp and some do, some are further away, so it's hard to know what school id be happy in? Sorry that was a lot!
Take the time until the deadline to weigh your options, esp based on where you're ranked in waitlist if you have multiple, and make a plan for each acceptance scenario. I would recommend making a priority ranking list, so for example if your preference list is School A > B > C, then if you get into school B, you can accept promptly and decline your waitlist spot at C, but hold out on A and be prepared to jump if a spot comes open.
What you prioritize is up to you, but if you're self-financing, cost should be at the top, which I'm sure you looked into before you applied. As for area, program, conveniences, etc., that's subjective and depends on what you find most important.
Thank you so much for your guidance! Im definitely going to start thinking this through more!
No, but I had done enough research and consideration before that point to know for nearly certain that's where I wanted to go! You do risk losing your acceptance deposit (which can be a few hundred or over $1,000 depending on the school) if you change your mind. It was still a tough choice because I really liked VMCVM, but easier than if I had been blindsided.
Take the time until the deadline to weigh your options, esp based on where you're ranked in waitlist if you have multiple, and make a plan for each acceptance scenario. I would recommend making a priority ranking list, so for example if your preference list is School A > B > C, then if you get into school B, you can accept promptly and decline your waitlist spot at C, but hold out on A and be prepared to jump if a spot comes open.
What you prioritize is up to you, but if you're self-financing, cost should be at the top, which I'm sure you looked into before you applied. As for area, program, conveniences, etc., that's subjective and depends on what you find most important.
zygodactyyyl
Full Member
Does anyone know if VMCVM has an accepted students day?
Yes, on March 27th. They said more info is to come in an upcoming separate email!Does anyone know if VMCVM has an accepted students day?
zygodactyyyl
Full Member
Thank you! How exciting!Yes, on March 27th. They said more info is to come in an upcoming separate email!
buttr.smartfood.popcorn
New Member
Did anyone use ODS accommodations for the interview? Wondering if it would be possible for next years cycle as I had them in undergrad
Declining my OOS spot! I hope someone hears some good news soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Zoe Bonafe
Full Member
Does anyone know when we usually hear if we make it off the wait list?? I was thinking any time between March and June or July, but that is just my best guesstimate.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
It depends on the list and your spot. They will pull before april if a spot comes open, but most movement happens after the april deadline. Spots can open as late as August though.Does anyone know when we usually hear if we make it off the wait list?? I was thinking any time between March and June or July, but that is just my best guesstimate.
zygodactyyyl
Full Member
Accepted my spot today. Looking forward to meeting all my fellow classmates! Time to go apartment shopping....
Hey you all! Congrats to everyone. I am 9 weeks away from completing my first year at VMCVM. I got in after several tries and im 40yo. So if you didnt get the answer you were hoping for, know that it doesnt define you and it’s not final until you stop trying. The stats they told us were that last year there was something like 3-3500 apps, 500 were interviewed and 126 were admitted. DO THE APPLICATION REVIEW. Come visit the school. I’d be happy to show you around too! For those admitted, the school sets up a Fb page so you can connect before arriving in blacksburg. Our class set up a GroupMe too and thats how we all message each other. I cant wait to meet those who are coming to Virginia at the open house and next Fall!
pudderpalace
New Member
For those of us on the alternate list - I just received this update.
VA waitlist or other?View attachment 415761
For those of us on the alternate list - I just received this update.
mr.meowboy
c/o 2030
I got this same email and I am on the OOS waitlistVA waitlist or other?
Sapphire12
New Member
I also got the same email and on the OOS waitlistVA waitlist or other?
pudderpalace
New Member
I’m on the IS VA waitlist.VA waitlist or other?
Hello! For anyone who did not get an acceptance, have you guys tried to schedule a file review? I got the email regarding file reviews at 2 yet there are already no spots left on the sign up. I wanted to see if anyone has been able to sign up or if there was some bug or error with the availability on the scheduling program.
Edit: Nvm, they responded to my email super fast and said all the spots filled up. Insane that they filled up in less than an hour. They also said "We will try and add more as our schedule allow, please check the links periodically to see if any spots open up" so if anyone else needs a file review check those links.
Edit: Nvm, they responded to my email super fast and said all the spots filled up. Insane that they filled up in less than an hour. They also said "We will try and add more as our schedule allow, please check the links periodically to see if any spots open up" so if anyone else needs a file review check those links.
kasmteit90
Full Member
I'll be taking my name off the OOS waitlist as I have committed to another school. It's been a wild ride, happy to have gone through it with all of you. Good luck!
zygodactyyyl
Full Member
I emailed about it, but have yet to hear back. I'll def update here when I do.Has anyone received info about the accepted students day?
miriam1216
Full Member
This is so frustrating, I really wanted to get a file review but saw it 2 hours after they sent it.Hello! For anyone who did not get an acceptance, have you guys tried to schedule a file review? I got the email regarding file reviews at 2 yet there are already no spots left on the sign up. I wanted to see if anyone has been able to sign up or if there was some bug or error with the availability on the scheduling program.
Edit: Nvm, they responded to my email super fast and said all the spots filled up. Insane that they filled up in less than an hour. They also said "We will try and add more as our schedule allow, please check the links periodically to see if any spots open up" so if anyone else needs a file review check those links.
austin_haller72
Full Member
When do we think they’re sending the update on waitlist positions??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BurtTheCat
Full Member
I’m number 5 on the Maryland waitlist, does anyone know how much it tends to move?
Zoe Bonafe
Full Member
I’m 17 on the MD waitlist. I’m trying to hold on to hope that I’ll make it. Any information on how much this waitlist moves would be helpful!
pudderpalace
New Member
I’m number 5 on the Maryland waitlist, does anyone know how much it tends to move?
I was waitlisted for MD the last two cycles. It tends to move 3-5 spots (sometimes more or less, but there are only ~30 spots allocated for MD residents so it doesn’t move much). I’m waitlisted #15 for VA this time around. Also OOS waitlisted at UAZ, so I’m just holding out hope for them at this point as OOS waitlists tend to move more.I’m 17 on the MD waitlist. I’m trying to hold on to hope that I’ll make it. Any information on how much this waitlist moves would be helpful!
Zoe Bonafe
Full Member
I’m on the OOS waitlist for UAZ too! Hoping for movement there. I’m gonna hold onto hope though.I was waitlisted for MD the last two cycles. It tends to move 3-5 spots (sometimes more or less, but there are only ~30 spots allocated for MD residents so it doesn’t move much). I’m waitlisted #15 for VA this time around. Also OOS waitlisted at UAZ, so I’m just holding out hope for them at this point as OOS waitlists tend to move more.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K