VMRCVM Applicants c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Today, four other veterinary schools use the [MMI] format."

Just curious. Other than Davis, anyone know the other two schools? I wan't even aware there were others.

I want to say I read Texas does, too, though I'm not 100% sure on that. Not sure what the last one is.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they let us know (if we get waitlisted) where we are on the waitlist before April 15th? Like when we get that email or later?

I was looking on the 2016 thread and couldn't find much. I'll look some more.

--
Ok, looks like they do tell you where you are on the waitlist, which is good so I'll be able to decide if it comes to that.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=852913&page=13
 
Last edited:
Ok so...I received a conditional offer from the dual degree program (DVM/Ph.D), pending an acceptance from DVM admissions, last week. After the Ph.D interview, though, I was told that they would wait until the DVM admissions committee made their final decisions before making their decisions, and they would notify a couple days after the DVM admissions notified students - so, around March 3, 4 at the latest.

I want to be ecstatic, but right now that is on hold as my brain has been spinning...I can't help but speculate (and hope!!) that maybe this means the DVM admissions decisions are close to being final??
 
Ok so...I received a conditional offer from the dual degree program (DVM/Ph.D), pending an acceptance from DVM admissions, last week. After the Ph.D interview, though, I was told that they would wait until the DVM admissions committee made their final decisions before making their decisions, and they would notify a couple days after the DVM admissions notified students - so, around March 3, 4 at the latest.

I want to be ecstatic, but right now that is on hold as my brain has been spinning...I can't help but speculate (and hope!!) that maybe this means the DVM admissions decisions are close to being final??
Congrats! I'm sure you are really excited! I'm kind of in the opposite situation as you. I was accepted into a DVM program at MSU and waiting to hear back from the dual-degree program. 🙂 Good luck!

And I hope it means that DVM decisions are released soon! VMRCVM is the last school I need to hear back from.
 
Ok so...I received a conditional offer from the dual degree program (DVM/Ph.D), pending an acceptance from DVM admissions, last week. After the Ph.D interview, though, I was told that they would wait until the DVM admissions committee made their final decisions before making their decisions, and they would notify a couple days after the DVM admissions notified students - so, around March 3, 4 at the latest.

I want to be ecstatic, but right now that is on hold as my brain has been spinning...I can't help but speculate (and hope!!) that maybe this means the DVM admissions decisions are close to being final??

Congratulations, that is awesome!! I am counting down the days until March 1st and every time I get an email, my heart skips a beat.
 
ok so...i received a conditional offer from the dual degree program (dvm/ph.d), pending an acceptance from dvm admissions, last week. After the ph.d interview, though, i was told that they would wait until the dvm admissions committee made their final decisions before making their decisions, and they would notify a couple days after the dvm admissions notified students - so, around march 3, 4 at the latest.

I want to be ecstatic, but right now that is on hold as my brain has been spinning...i can't help but speculate (and hope!!) that maybe this means the dvm admissions decisions are close to being final??

ahhhh congrats!!!!!
 
At the age of 39, after a 20 year journey....I'm shaking so bad I can barely type...

I've been accepted!
 
According to my letter, it says I am accepted...but when I log in to the portal page, it says "Denied Admission" next to "Decision."

I am freaking. Out. What does everyone else see??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YAY guys! Congratulations!!!

Isn't it nice when they let you know waaayyy ahead of when they say they will??

PS Eventrider - SO happy for you. <3 I was really pullin for ya. See, it only takes one! 😉
 
No email... guys I am freaking out right now....

I knew I bombed that interview... still no word

--
Anyone got a waitlist email yet?
 
Last edited:
I haven't gotten an e-mail yet either. The online status says I've been denied, but it sounds like that doesn't mean much.
 
I haven't gotten an e-mail yet either. The online status says I've been denied, but it sounds like that doesn't mean much.

I was accepted but it says denied on my page too.

I'm trying to pay the deposit, with no success. Has anyone done this successfully yet? I just can't seem to find the link to do it. The link in the email does not really lead you to a payment site.
 
Accepted Class of 2017!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited: I just freaked out for like 20 minutes! lol

Also I agree that the portal status probably doesn't mean much as long as you got the email. 🙂
 
Just wanted to give those of you who haven't gotten an e-mail yet a breather: these took hours to get to everyone last year. They started rolling out circa 5pm, and some of us were still waiting at 1 o'clock the next morning.

I don't know why the system is so slow, but it is. So no worries yet. No e-mail doesn't mean no seat!
 
I posted the question on the candidate facebook page. I'm seriously hoping someone is manning that tonight.....I don't think I'll sleep without definitive clarification!
 
Ok - thanks everyone for checking that page! Feeling much better now.

Congrats to everyone who's received an email so far! I'm crossing my fingers for those still waiting to hear!
 
I was accepted but it says denied on my page too.

I'm trying to pay the deposit, with no success. Has anyone done this successfully yet? I just can't seem to find the link to do it. The link in the email does not really lead you to a payment site.

IM IN!!!! Wooohooo haven't felt this kind of joy in so long!! It also took me forever to calm down, it still doesnt feel real.

As for the paying deposit, I also have no link or anything yet. I'm thinking they just need some time to update. Congrats guys!!!! 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As for the paying deposit, I also have no link or anything yet. I'm thinking they just need some time to update. Congrats guys!!!! 😀

I'm trying to pay the deposit, with no success. Has anyone done this successfully yet? I just can't seem to find the link to do it. The link in the email does not really lead you to a payment site.

Um, yeah, if they are still sending out letters, I don't think accepting deposits is quite on their list yet for tonight. Hold your horses, folks. There is plenty of time and nothing will happen if you don't pay ASAP. You're past the rough part. Relax for a moment!
 
Um, yeah, if they are still sending out letters, I don't think accepting deposits is quite on their list yet for tonight. Hold your horses, folks. There is plenty of time and nothing will happen if you don't pay ASAP. You're past the rough part. Relax for a moment!
Definitely going out for a drink (or two) tonight.
 
After an hour drive home from my dads still nothing... I will not be sleeping tonight. Ahhh!!
 
YAY guys! Congratulations!!!

Isn't it nice when they let you know waaayyy ahead of when they say they will??

PS Eventrider - SO happy for you. <3 I was really pullin for ya. See, it only takes one! 😉

Awwwww thank you so much hopeful! Your support and encouragement have meant so much to me! You are absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to meet you!!! <3
 
Hey guys - my status page looks different now - says I was offered admission and provides a link for the deposit. Phew! Guess there was some lag time with emails and the site...hopefully now everyone else can breathe a little easier and see this too!
 
My portal page still says denied admission and still no email.
I think, from what I've read, this just means they haven't gotten to notifying you yet. We were told at this point it would either be an offer or the waitlist - so "denied admission" doesn't make sense. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks everyone for the good luck thoughts. Still nothing in my email, portal still says denied. I'm not sure what is going on.