Wait-list Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have! My WL school has told me that they view people more favorably who send in updates, show interest, and just keep in touch. I've sent 3 updates and in each one I talked about different reasons why I feel the school is a good fit for me. One was also a letter of intent. I'm planning on sending another update/interest letter next week after I present my research
Unfortunately for me letters of intent aren't accepted at my waitlisted schools and they only accept major updates. I don't have any major updates and hope I'm not dead last on the WL :(.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately for me letters of intent aren't accepted at my waitlisted schools and they only accept major updates. I don't have any major updates and hope I'm not dead last on the WL :(.

Same here, but my schools dont' accept ant letters at all until they're asked for in May, and that's a big if at that point :[ But I have a lot of major updates so, hopefully I can submit mine.

Could someone who has access to the new MSAR let me know the wait list info for Tulane? My subscription expired before the new one came out...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Could someone who has access to the new MSAR let me know the wait list info for Tulane? My subscription expired before the new one came out...

Just checked for you, but there isn't anything listed :/

Third waitlist came in today, batting 1.000 on these dang things. Still awaiting news from 2, no post interview rejections yet. One of those two is 6 months out so assumed waitlist, the other won't get back to me for another month at the soonest so that's gotta be a waitlist at best too.

Sigh...

Waitlist movement should start any day now.... Right?

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlist movement should start any day now.... Right?

I feel like it's a lot less stressful if you convince yourself there won't be any movement until after April 30th.

Reactions: 4 users
jzc9UkS.gif

Reactions: 16 users
I'm thinking the beginning of May. I hope we hear sooner.

Would love some advice on this. I interviewed at my top two choices. I was accepted to my second choice and haven't heard from my first but from what the admissions staff is saying they have already handed out all acceptance and are forming the wait list. If I am waitlisted I'm struggling with if I should even wait or just go with my second choice which was a very close second and I am thrilled about. The first choice also has a very high matriculation rate and retains like 75-80% of people they accept so I don't even feel like getting on the waitlist is a good thing. I'm so ready to be done with it and go with the acceptance I already have and call it a day.

Finally checking in to this thread. 3 MD WL's...praying I am lucky enough to get off of one!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would love some advice on this. I interviewed at my top two choices. I was accepted to my second choice and haven't heard from my first but from what the admissions staff is saying they have already handed out all acceptance and are forming the wait list. If I am waitlisted I'm struggling with if I should even wait or just go with my second choice which was a very close second and I am thrilled about. The first choice also has a very high matriculation rate and retains like 75-80% of people they accept so I don't even feel like getting on the waitlist is a good thing. I'm so ready to be done with it and go with the acceptance I already have and call it a day.

That's kind of how I feel, like I just want to be done with it and say I'm going to Cincinnati. But I think it's just best to stay on the wait lists, since there's really no harm in doing so.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

I'm in the same situation... I've decided school 1 has until May 15th to make a move. After that I'll be going to school 2 no matter what.
Though it depends on how flexible you are. I have to sell a house and find a new one so moving isn't as easy as if you were renting for example.

I'm in the same situation... I've decided school 1 has until May 15th to make a move. After that I'll be going to school 2 no matter what.
Though it depends on how flexible you are. I have to sell a house and find a new one so moving isn't as easy as if you were renting for example.
Yeah I think that's a good strategy. I really only want to give them like a few days after April 30 but will probably hang tight until May 15. Is it bad that I would rather them just reject me at this point so I don't have to do it myself? SO OVER IT.

Yeah I think that's a good strategy. I really only want to give them like a few days after April 30 but will probably hang tight until May 15. Is it bad that I would rather them just reject me at this point so I don't have to do it myself? SO OVER IT.

I really like my second school a lot so I think I understand what you mean. Except I'm more thinking "can't they just accept me now so then it will be done....." But also if they're going to reject me in the end I'd like to know now :p

I really like my second school a lot so I think I understand what you mean. Except I'm more thinking "can't they just accept me now so then it will be done....." But also if they're going to reject me in the end I'd like to know now :p
Oh yeah! Don't get me wrong I would loOoOve that acceptance but in my mind the situation is waitlist or rejection. I just hate how ambiguous a "waitlist" decision is. You could be next up or next to last and never know!

Oh yeah! Don't get me wrong I would loOoOve that acceptance but in my mind the situation is waitlist or rejection. I just hate how ambiguous a "waitlist" decision is. You could be next up or next to last and never know!

Yeah the worst thing is when the waitlist is ranked but they won't tell you what your rank is... Like seriously???? Why?? So dumb. Anyway best of luck to you, and take comfort in the fact that you got into your #2 choice so that's pretty nice :)

Yeah the worst thing is when the waitlist is ranked but they won't tell you what your rank is... Like seriously???? Why?? So dumb. Anyway best of luck to you, and take comfort in the fact that you got into your #2 choice so that's pretty nice :)
Thank you! You too... I hope everything works out for you!

wait-long-enough-in-the-waiting-zone_o_3617513.jpg

Well, until next cycle.

On the waitlist for 2 out of 2 schools. Currently studying for the MCAT and prepping for reapplication :writer:

On one waitlist from a Sept. interview
Coming down the home stretch baby fingers crossed

I had 4 II's and am now on 3 waitlists and have one I might still be waiting to hear back from for another month or two. Is there any sort of deadline on when schools can give you a decision after an interview? Like, could they wait until June or July without even saying if I'm on the waitlist or not?

4th waitlist came today FML. Only chance left at a straight up accept is the school that hasn't sent me any news since my interview 6 months ago.

Again, sigh...

4th waitlist came today FML. Only chance left at a straight up accept is the school that hasn't sent me any news since my interview 6 months ago.

Again, sigh...
Have you tried calling to check on your status? It might be worth it in your case.

Have you tried calling to check on your status? It might be worth it in your case.

Yeah maybe I will... Thanks for the tip. They updated my portal at the end of January with "continually reviewing your app" but maybe it's worth a shot

5th WL came today fml. Any ideas how to get off just one? I honestly would love going to any school, so they are all top choices. I wonder how likely the chances are of getting in at this point seems pretty futile

A few of us are on the EVMS waitlist and I did notice there are not alot of people who joined the facebook group. Good sign maybe?

5th WL came today fml. Any ideas how to get off just one? I honestly would love going to any school, so they are all top choices. I wonder how likely the chances are of getting in at this point seems pretty futile
I've found it helpful to look at previous years' school specific threads to get a feel for how many people get off the wait list. 5 wait lists is better than 5 rejections! I think you still have a good chance.

A few of us are on the EVMS waitlist and I did notice there are not alot of people who joined the facebook group. Good sign maybe?

I've been told EVMS goes to the waitlist quite a bit, because it's normally not people's first choice of they are in state, and it's so expensive for people out of state. So that could be why a lot of people aren't in the group. Because they aren't planning on attending. Or it could be that they haven't advertised the group much.

Let's hope its this!

The numbers in the group will also probably go up once the Med Masters (myself included) find out who is getting in after we graduate the second week of May

The numbers in the group will also probably go up once the Med Masters (myself included) find out who is getting in after we graduate the second week of May
How many do they normally accept from that program?

So, @gyngyn , you gonna be doing the lord's work again this year and updating on which waitlists you see movement on? I flipped through last year's version of this thread, and just wow. You're a saint for all the neuroticism you deal with on SDN. Major props.

So, @gyngyn , you gonna be doing the lord's work again this year and updating on which waitlists you see movement on? I flipped through last year's version of this thread, and just wow. You're a saint for all the neuroticism you deal with on SDN. Major props.
I'll let you know when I start to see movement.
It doesn't usually start until after traffic day, though.

Reactions: 2 users
I'll let you know when I start to see movement.
It doesn't usually start until after traffic day, though.

That's what I figured. Just wondering if we could all anticipate your posts, but it sounds like we can!

Joining the crowd here. Wait listed at UMass my state school and On einsteins HPWL... Both tend to move but the wait is so long... Both are also my top two schools I interviewed at so the pressures on... Anyone else waiting on either of these schools too?

For Mass: 75 positions on WL per cycle, typically 50 acceptances offers from that. And give me one sec and Ill get the einstein info for you

Einstein didn't provide any info.

Thanks for checking! I hope the Umass figures are up to date! Those odds sound promising!

No problem! And yeah, those odds are ridiculous. I wish I felt like I had that much of a chance at either of my schools haha.

Innnnnnnnn this mickey ficky. 1 waitlist has my heart. 23 days...

joined to hop on this train! 3 WL, 1 pending. thankful for a thread like this!

Let's make this more interesting. Where's everybody WL at? (if you're willing to share, I mean)
For me it's Tulane and Wake Forest, and I'll find out about EVMS in may once I finish their Med Masters program.

Let's make this more interesting. Where's everybody WL at? (if you're willing to share, I mean)
For me it's Tulane and Wake Forest, and I'll find out about EVMS in may once I finish their Med Masters program.

Sure I'll bite...

WFU, WVU, NYMC, EVMS, and expected at ECU

Maybe you can make us some celebratory drinks at wake or EVMS this August eh @le_bartender?

3 WL's here too (UofL, UK, and EVU). Hoping for some luck!