Navy Waiting for EMDP2 Navy Selection Board Results!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just checking in. Any updates on a release date?

I found out today that the AF’s packages have been sent up to the board and they’re hoping for their selections by March 2nd. No word on other branches.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I requested an update from HMC to see if the 2nd Board had meet at USUHS yet. She reported that it was today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Additionally, to provide some perspective relative to other branches, HMC mentioned in an email (about 2 weeks ago) that whenever the board happens we should expect four (4) weeks before the NAVADMIN is released. This is due to the 5 different sections that it has to proceed through before being approved by Admiral Burke's office.

Additionally, to provide some perspective relative to other branches, HMC mentioned in an email (about 2 weeks ago) that whenever the board happens we should expect four (4) weeks before the NAVADMIN is released. This is due to the 5 different sections that it has to proceed through before being approved by Admiral Burke's office.

Sounds about right. Hopefully, things don't get slowed down this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Spoke with an individual in charge of the board at USU, he states the board for all the other branches was held Feb 23. They are notifying BUMED today of their selections, so now it will be up to the services to put out the results.

If that is true, the results could potentially come out on my birthday. Talk about the best birthday gift EVER!

Spoke with an individual in charge of the board at USU, he states the board for all the other branches was held Feb 23. They are notifying BUMED today of their selections, so now it will be up to the services to put out the results.

Ah! Exciting! I better get a PM from all you Navy folks if you get selected.

So it sounds like they will actually notify the services in real time instead of via mail? That would be the best since I read they mail the results back to the services and it takes 2 to 7 days for mail to get from MD to TX!

Also, fingers crossed for a sweet birthday gift for you!

So it sounds like they will actually notify the services in real time instead of via mail? That would be the best since I read they mail the results back to the services and it takes 2 to 7 days for mail to get from MD to TX!

At least in the Navy, the names are given to the POC who then drafts a message to be put out.

Emailed HMC in regards to when we can expect the results. Below is her response:

Another month. Admiral Burke at CNP has to verify the NAVADMIN. It's a very exhausting process waiting for the results.
USU completed their board. I'm waiting for the results from them today

Thank you! Fingers crossed for everyone here awaiting!

Not sure if this question was answered previously, but will the triads be notified first or will the navadmin come put first

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this question was answered previously, but will the triads be notified first or will the navadmin come put first

The last two years, the NAVADMIN came out first. I found out from a random officer on a Saturday morning (the message came across Friday afternoon).

Hello all,

Brand new to the sdn world. I am an AD 18D in the army waiting on the EMDP2 results for 2018 as well. Not a well known program in the army and no current threads for army dogs so i decided to stress out with some sailors if thats cool. Researching the program, the packet requirements and everything that followed was exhausting but hoping for good news soon. Emailed my poc for a release date of acceptance, he just replied they are waiting on the USUHS board to convene then results will be posted and to be patient.

army sky doc, any news on the Army side? I was told that last year the AF waited for the Army to get their results before they released ours.

army sky doc, any news on the Army side? I was told that last year the AF waited for the Army to get their results before they released ours.
Army board met 30 Jan. decision has ben made but waiting for HRC or whoever to put the names in a milper message and release it. I have not been able to get any kind of answer from the offices I call but if it follows the
navys 4 week release after the board meets timeline, it should be out this week. I am checking every day and will post when I get the results or any pertinent info.

Reactions: 2 users
Question, were the Navy HM applicants this year able to obtain a conditional release from the HM enlisted community manager (ECM)? I was trying to apply for FY18 but the ECM told me they cannot endorse a conditional release due to the current manning level for HMs and my NEC (8506), and the short time I have been on board at my current command.

Last edited:
Question, were the Navy HM applicants this year able to obtain a conditional release from the HM enlisted community manager (ECM)? I was trying to apply for FY18 but the ECM told me they cannot endorse a conditional release due to the current manning level for HMs and my NEC (8506), and the short time I have been on board at my current command.

Unfortunately, this is very time dependent, as in when you ask depending on your NEC and rate. Whether you are given a conditional release can change if the ECM turns over to someone else, or if your rate at your platform suddenly evens out, etc. I know people who had conditional release requests denied and then granted just a few months later.

You said someone had their conditional release denied and then was granted later, does that mean you can still submit the package without the endorsement from the ECM? If so, do you submit the package with a denied 1306 or just leave out the detailer/ECM portion on the 1306?

That wasn't for EMDP2--just a few people trying to crossrate. As far as I know, you cannot submit without conditional approval from the ECM. The approval is part of the packet.

That wasn't for EMDP2--just a few people trying to crossrate. As far as I know, you cannot submit without conditional approval from the ECM. The approval is part of the packet.

Talked to my career counselor, they simply told me to keep submitting 1306s every few months hoping they meet the manning level or some new guy takes over as the ECM. That’s frustrating. In 2 years I will be more than 10 years of service, my NEC is CONSTANTLY undermanned (at least in the near future). That means it’s almost impossible for me to apply. Anything I can do to circumvent that?

Talked to my career counselor, they simply told me to keep submitting 1306s every few months hoping they meet the manning level or some new guy takes over as the ECM. That’s frustrating. In 2 years I will be more than 10 years of service, my NEC is CONSTANTLY undermanned (at least in the near future). That means it’s almost impossible for me to apply. Anything I can do to circumvent that?
I definitely am in a very similar situation if I dont get picked up this year (except that I'm a nuke). Frustration doesn't even begin to describe it. I effectively only have the last 18 months of any contract to get picked up for this program (or any program). And then to top it off, I essentially have to play a game with the ECM to get permission to apply next year or the year after. I've known about this program since it's inception and I've prayed just for the chance to apply. I effectively even had to renounce all possibility of a bonus in the future if I don't get picked up.

Yeah, it's rough. Sorry you have to deal with that. I don't want to encourage anyone to get out, but there is a civilian version of the program through GMU. It doesn't come with the perks associated with USUHS, but it's still a good program. We occasionally run into them in the offices, but we don't take any classes with them. You could also apply directly to USUHS if you can swing taking the prereqs and the MCAT on your own. It is very unlikely that they would deny your request with an acceptance to USUHS.

I definitely am in a very similar situation if I dont get picked up this year (except that I'm a nuke). Frustration doesn't even begin to describe it. I effectively only have the last 18 months of any contract to get picked up for this program (or any program). And then to top it off, I essentially have to play a game with the ECM to get permission to apply next year or the year after. I've known about this program since it's inception and I've prayed just for the chance to apply. I effectively even had to renounce all possibility of a bonus in the future if I don't get picked up.

I'm praying you hear good news soon!

Army posted their selectees for the emdp2 program on the HRC site on a milper message. I got in, very happy and excited. Thanks to all that helped me with questions and advice.

Reactions: 6 users
Army posted their selectees for the emdp2 program on the HRC site on a milper message. I got in, very happy and excited. Thanks to all that helped me with questions and advice.
Congratulations!

Congratulations! Hopefully, several of us will see you there!

Can you post the link

If you go to hrc,army,mil (replace the commas with .) and search for 18-062 under the MILPERS tab you'll find it. Sorry that's so weird - I can't post links yet.

If you go to hrc,army,mil (replace the commas with .) and search for 18-062 under the MILPERS tab you'll find it. Sorry that's so weird - I can't post links yet.
Thank you!

Hopefully the Navy results will be released by this Fri or Next week Fri 16Mar

I wouldn’t expect anything until the last week of march based on HMC saying the results should be out end of the month

Last edited:
I wouldn’t expect anything until the last week of march based on HMC saying the results should be out end of the month
Are you postulating from the other discussions OR from your emails/talks with HMC? Just asking, as I do agree that it will also likely be at the end of the month.

Are you postulating from the other discussions OR from your emails/talks with HMC? Just asking, as I do agree that it will also likely be at the end of the month.

IIRC, it took about a month from the time the board met until the results came out for Cohort 3. We obviously had a weird year last year, so barring anything like that, I would expect them at the end of the month.

Anyone else have to do a time in service waiver??

Based on conversations with HMC

Anyone else have to do a time in service waiver??
I didn't, but I asked HMC and HMCS about it (in case I needed to do it the following years). They said that the waiver just had to be present in the package and specifically stated that it didn't have to be approved just present.

I didn't, but I asked HMC and HMCS about it (in case I needed to do it the following years). They said that the waiver just had to be present in the package and specifically stated that it didn't have to be approved just present.

Thanks! I did submit one, ECM shop didn’t really want to approve it but the package got submitted anyway... see how that goes...

Thanks! I did submit one, ECM shop didn’t really want to approve it but the package got submitted anyway... see how that goes...

Your need ECM to approve your time in service waiver?

Your need ECM to approve your time in service waiver?
That is who the waiver got sent to, it was not originally approved- but it was added to the package and sent up anyway

New update.. results not expected till the end of April per HMC

She wouldn’t have been able to tell you anyway.
She told me why. Basically, its going through processing. The General Surgeon has to approve of it then it has to be sent to N1 for Admiral Burke to approve of it. She is hoping the results will be out by end of April. She said once results are out, it will only take a week to cut orders. She said its taking so long because this is a navy wide program and has to go through many departments such as legal etc. She said the school allows 5 seats but gave the navy an extra seat this year due to only 1 marine being selected. So there should be 6 selectees. Also she mentioned 32 people applied this year.