Navy Waiting for EMDP2 Navy Selection Board Results!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
She told me why. Basically, its going through processing. The General Surgeon has to approve of it then it has to be sent to N1 for Admiral Burke to approve of it. She is hoping the results will be out by end of April. She said once results are out, it will only take a week to cut orders. She said its taking so long because this is a navy wide program and has to go through many departments such as legal etc. She said the school allows 5 seats but gave the navy an extra seat this year due to only 1 marine being selected. So there should be 6 selectees. Also she mentioned 32 people applied this year.

Nice. She couldn’t tell us why last year. She still hasn’t told us. We only have rumors. Nice that they gave you guys an extra spot. Sit tight!

Members don't see this ad.

Has she received the results herself yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
We could all share the highlights of packages and hold our own internal board. Later on we could use the disparity between our own results and the real ones to better understand the selection criteria and perhaps better advise future candidates. lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Any thoughts on living in Fort Belvoir? It is an hour away from Manassas and Bethesda, but the convenience of on-base housing is something my family of five has greatly enjoyed so far. It seems like wherever we move to, the commute will be an issue. I am considering paying the price of a two-hour daily commute for the sizeable house, no utilities, worry-free maintenance, and the relative safety of the community. Any thoughts from those familiar with the area are welcome.

The wait for this NAVADMIN is frustrating, especially since BUMED already had the selection board results in February. It is my second year applying, and this process does not seem to have improved much - that's the impression from this side of the table. At least HMC and this thread have kept me sane. Thanks, guys!

Any thoughts on living in Fort Belvoir? It is an hour away from Manassas and Bethesda, but the convenience of on-base housing is something my family of five has greatly enjoyed so far. It seems like wherever we move to, the commute will be an issue. I am considering paying the price of a two-hour daily commute for the sizeable house, no utilities, worry-free maintenance, and the relative safety of the community. Any thoughts from those familiar with the area are welcome.

The wait for this NAVADMIN is frustrating, especially since BUMED already had the selection board results in February. It is my second year applying, and this process does not seem to have improved much - that's the impression from this side of the table. At least HMC and this thread have kept me sane. Thanks, guys!

The commute from Bristow is under 10 minutes almost every day, even during rush hour. My commute is 8 minutes. I would not want to drive 40 minutes to school every day, though we have people who do it. Bristow is extremely safe. It is a very, very nice community. Very pro-military/pro-law enforcement, everyone is willing to help you with pretty much anything. I have a three-story, three bedroom townhome that I pay $1950/month for, with ~2000 sqft.

I know it sucks waiting. Waiting until the end of May last year was horrible, but it is so worth it if you get selected.

Reactions: 1 users
Airforce put their results out. Anyone in here get selected?

Airforce put their results out. Anyone in here get selected?
They just put out the Army and Air Force result on their Facebook page. Congratulations to the selectees! Hope that means we will see the Navy and Marines result very soon.

They just put out the Army and Air Force result on their Facebook page. Congratulations to the selectees! Hope that means we will see the Navy and Marines result very soon.
Prayers and hopes that such is the case! However, it'll still likely be at the end of April (At earliest)!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The Marines results are released way back in March 12th actually. Refer to the MARADMIN at the USUHS EMDP2 homepage.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know why exactly this takes so long? I understand it has to be reviewed and processed by multiple offices before officially released as a NAVADMIN, but that should not take months... Last year was supposed to be exceptionally slow, but it seems we are in the same boat again. It's not as if someone is actually questioning the selection, or challenging the Navy participation in EMDP2? At this point, it is curiosity driving me to these questions, as I might be past being frustrated.

Does anyone know why exactly this takes so long? I understand it has to be reviewed and processed by multiple offices before officially released as a NAVADMIN, but that should not take months... Last year was supposed to be exceptionally slow, but it seems we are in the same boat again. It's not as if someone is actually questioning the selection, or challenging the Navy participation in EMDP2? At this point, it is curiosity driving me to these questions, as I might be past being frustrated.

Navy cohort 3 found out in March. We had a special circumstance in cohort 4 that delayed things a lot. It just takes time. They have to get the results from USUHS, run some final check on everyone, write up the message, etc. The chain of command it all has to go through is super busy. I know it’s basically like your whole life in the balance (I get it—I was there last year), but for them, it’s just one program. Try to be patient.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an update? I am not allowed to reach out to HMC until the results comes out

Looks like they spread some of the Marine spots over to the Air Force. They took 9 this year. Hopefully the Navy took a few as well.

Trust me guys. You are just going to make yourselves crazy trying to figure out when it’s coming out. You’re going to go into work one day and someone will tell you because the message will come across. And it literally could be any day. I found out on a Saturday morning.

Just try to be patient. It will come out soon.

Looks like they spread some of the Marine spots over to the Air Force. They took 9 this year. Hopefully the Navy took a few as well.

Trust me guys. You are just going to make yourselves crazy trying to figure out when it’s coming out. You’re going to go into work one day and someone will tell you because the message will come across. And it literally could be any day. I found out on a Saturday morning.

Just try to be patient. It will come out soon.
Full-heartedly agree. This might have turned us all OCD. I was there last year waiting for the results; this year should be easier to stomach.

Full-heartedly agree. This might have turned us all OCD. I was there last year waiting for the results; this year should be easier to stomach.

I was refreshing the Emdp2 page on the USUHS site religiously. I came in on a Saturday morning for duty, and a random officer who happened to see the message the previous afternoon let me know.

HMC actually moved offices and is not over it anymore that’s all I know :(
She is still working the program but master chief is overall over it. HMC moved offices but is still very much involved in the program. HMC was in charge of officer pay but an HM1 is now in that office

To avoid all of this, they should put out an FAQ with the instruction. The instruction is too vague

Yes she is but apparently I asked too many questions and have annoyed her.
The information you have provided here has prevented me from calling her several times… If only she knew how much you were helping her out LOL

We would love more transparancy and frequent updates on the application and selection process. Let's be realistic, though. Here is what the Navy has given us so far -

The information you have provided here has prevented me from calling her several times… If only she knew how much you were helping her out LOL
Man my efforts are not appreciated by her but, as long as it helps all of your guys anxiety, i do not mind being labeled “annoying”

Man my efforts are not appreciated by her but, as long as it helps all of your guys anxiety, i do not mind being labeled “annoying”
You are not "annoying" just persistent! That means that you care (just so happens to also be a good quality for a future physician). If you were apathetic, then I would question your commitment and/or desire for medicine....

You are not "annoying" just persistent! That means that you care (just so happens to also be a good quality for a future physician). If you were apathetic, then I would question your commitment and/or desire for medicine....

I appreciate your kind words! Let’s hope my persistance pays off!

So they gave the air force another seat, now they have 9.
They offered all the branches the extra seats which the marines did not use, but only the army and airforce are taking advantage of the opportunity

They offered all the branches the extra seats which the marines did not use, but only the army and airforce are taking advantage of the opportunity
So the Navy still only has 5?

No we picked up 6 but we could have picked up 7 or 8 but the navy only sent 6 packages to USU instead of 10
What they didn’t even send the full 10 to the second board for them to pick? How could have it taken them that long to board them if they didn’t even have to pick?