Navy Waiting for EMDP2 Navy Selection Board Results!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I MADE IT!!!!!
That's so awesome, congrats!

I plan on applying in 2020, I know I still have some time but I've read through this thread and all of the information I've come across has been very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you all stay while attending George Mason? I have been looking in the Bristow and Manassas, Va areas and cannot seem to find reasonably priced apartments.

I also have some updated information for the incoming class. As per Mr. Gustavo, there will not be a math placement test this year. We have to report by July 8th and school starts the week after.

I also have some updated information for the incoming class. As per Mr. Gustavo, there will not be a math placement test this year. We have to report by July 8th and school starts the week after.

Wow, that is super early. Also, that's awesome about the math placement. I think they're changing up the curriculum a little, which will be a benefit to you.

Reactions: 1 user
We will be taking statistics instead

We took stats in the grad year. It's much more helpful for the MCAT than calc, and many med schools require a semester of stats, so it's good to get that done earlier. It's too bad you can't take biochem before the MCAT.

Thanks to Matthew9Thirtyfive, I now have a realtor!

She is amazing. If you are moving into the area, here is her contact info

Hope Griggs, Realtor
Long and Foster, Gainesville Office
7526 Limestone Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155
Cell: 703-647-0094
Office: 571-261-1400
Email: [email protected]

• Love
Thanks to Matthew9Thirtyfive, I now have a realtor!

She is amazing. If you are moving into the area, here is her contact info

Hope Griggs, Realtor
Long and Foster, Gainesville Office
7526 Limestone Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155
Cell: 703-647-0094
Office: 571-261-1400
Email: [email protected]

She is incredible. She is helping me again now that we are moving closer to USUHS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I am AF and got accepted this year! I am so stoked!!! Just waiting on orders. Eeek. Question for the people in the program. We want to have another baby and would like our kids to be somewhat close together. Do you think having a kid in this program is feasible?

Hey I am AF and got accepted this year! I am so stoked!!! Just waiting on orders. Eeek. Question for the people in the program. We want to have another baby and would like our kids to be somewhat close together. Do you think having a kid in this program is feasible?

Yes. Are you the one that will actually be pregnant?

Yes. Are you the one that will actually be pregnant?
Yes. We are just trying to plan out when it would be wise to try and have a baby. Schedule wise and such. Also thanks for the realtor info. We’ll be calling her soon.

Reactions: 1 users

Congratulations! See you soon!

I have a question about the EMDP2 BUMESINST if anyone can help. It says that the bachelor's degree must include one semester of college algebra. Would anyone happen to know if a CLEP class will satisfy this requirement?

Hey Guys,

New to the site and forum so I do apologize if this has been answered already! I’m submitting my package this November, and while I was putting the final touches on my package I had a few questions that came to mind!

In the BUMEDINST I did not see a requirement for honors and awards. It just seemed off to me to not add them in there, is that correct?

The second question that came to mind was that there was no place for Letters of Recommendation. I have two interviews completed, but I have some doctors who wanted to write LOR. Any guidance on that?

Looking forward to any and all help!

Hey Guys,

New to the site and forum so I do apologize if this has been answered already! I’m submitting my package this November, and while I was putting the final touches on my package I had a few questions that came to mind!

In the BUMEDINST I did not see a requirement for honors and awards. It just seemed off to me to not add them in there, is that correct?

The second question that came to mind was that there was no place for Letters of Recommendation. I have two interviews completed, but I have some doctors who wanted to write LOR. Any guidance on that?

Looking forward to any and all help!
I applied last year and was told to just add LOR’s as the last enclosure in my package, which is what I’m doing again this year. I do not know about the honors/awards section though. Hopefully somebody else can comment with guidance. Good luck!

I applied last year and was told to just add LOR’s as the last enclosure in my package, which is what I’m doing again this year. I do not know about the honors/awards section though. Hopefully somebody else can comment with guidance. Good luck!
Awesome! Thanks for the information, do you mind if I send you a PM with some questions about your package?

I don’t mind at all! I’m really sorry I just got back on here so late in the game, but if you’ve still got questions shoot them my way.

Sorry know the post has kind of died off a bit. Was curious if anyone who submitted this year has heard anything yet? I know it’s generally around April when results come out so still a little ways out, but I figured I would ask here!

Sorry know the post has kind of died off a bit. Was curious if anyone who submitted this year has heard anything yet? I know it’s generally around April when results come out so still a little ways out, but I figured I would ask here!

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully BUMED has had their board by now, but I’ve got no intel

Reactions: 2 users
For all of you out there like myself, the time has arrived. I hope your names are on the list! I made it, my second year applying, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Now to wait and see if COVID-19 holds anything up. Anyway, congratulations to the others who made it, I look forward to a couple great years learning with you all.

Welcome to the Thunder Dome! Congratulations!

For all of you out there like myself, the time has arrived. I hope your names are on the list! I made it, my second year applying, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Now to wait and see if COVID-19 holds anything up. Anyway, congratulations to the others who made it, I look forward to a couple great years learning with you all.

They’ve changed the curriculum since I finished EMDP2, but feel free to reach out if you have any questions about USUHS or applying.

They’ve changed the curriculum since I finished EMDP2, but feel free to reach out if you have any questions about USUHS or applying.
Thanks man, I’ll keep that in mind. Hope all is well, and thanks for keeping up on the chat even though you’ve moved on

Thanks man, I’ll keep that in mind. Hope all is well, and thanks for keeping up on the chat even though you’ve moved on

Of course. We all help each other out. Your sponsor will be a second year EMDP2 student, and when you get toward applying you’ll get a USUHS student as a mentor who went through EMDP2.

Of course. We all help each other out. Your sponsor will be a second year EMDP2 student, and when you get toward applying you’ll get a USUHS student as a mentor who went through EMDP2.
Sounds great. I’m antsy to get the whole process started.

Congratulations! We are all here to make sure your transition into the program is smooth ( as smooth as possible amid COVID) if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

Any FY-21 applicants or reapplicants around this thread now a days?

Reactions: 2 users
I know it's a bit early but has anyone heard anything yet for this cycle?

I know it's a bit early but has anyone heard anything yet for this cycle?
For anyone interested, the USU EMDP2 webpage was updated and the "Information Brief" is back on there. It's mostly stuff from the Zoom information briefings, but page 10 & 16 has some relevant information regarding your (Kleos622) question.

Hello Guys,

Thank you for keeping this thread alive for so many years. You've all shared so many great info, and it calmed my nerves a little bit to see people sharing their experiences; people who remained persistent, reapplied and got selected. It really motivated me. Thank you!
I am in the Army and I applied for the FY 21 cohort. Still waiting on the results but I have a feeling it will be out in the next two weeks. I've noticed a trend of it being released in the beginning of April.
For the people that re-applied to the program, did you have to get new letters of recommendation? I understand that all documents must reflect the application year date but I was just curious about the LORs because you pretty much have about 6 months to work on the new packet.
I'm in a situation where I'm supposed to move duty stations in May, and I am preparing myself mentally that in case I don't make it this year, I have to re-do my packet early. However, I am concerned that if I move to a whole new unit, under new leadership that they won't give me a hard time signing on my packet saying that I just got there. In case I have to re-apply this year, I would only be in my new unit for 5 months before I can submit my packet.
For the people that applied for this cohort, I wish you the best of luck!!!!

Any FY-22 applicants following this thread?
I am now. It’s my first year applying for this program. I don’t know how I missed this forum while putting my application together the past few months.

Does anyone here know when they give results for an interview? Should I expect an email saying whether I’ve made the interview process or I’ve been denied? Not knowing is a process in and of itself! Thank you for the help!

I am now. It’s my first year applying for this program. I don’t know how I missed this forum while putting my application together the past few months.

Does anyone here know when they give results for an interview? Should I expect an email saying whether I’ve made the interview process or I’ve been denied? Not knowing is a process in and of itself! Thank you for the help!
Hello Tboos1193,

Good luck on your application. This info is based on last year's selection only. An invite for the interview came out a couple of days before Christmas via email. Then, there were 2 interviews. One in the end of December and the second on the first week of January. I received the acceptance letter in March. But again, this year things might go faster because the deadline was earlier and it's not their first time using the new application system anymore. I wish you the best of luck!

From the EMDP2 Office for the FY22 cycle:

“Secondary reviews will begin in October with interview considerations tentatively being decided by November. Those selected for an interview will be contacted directly by the EMDP2 office.”

Thank you all for the responses! I’m anxious about the results if I even made the interview. I don’t know how confident I should be in my application due to my GPA being just above minimum and being an out-of-medical rate.