Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's so awesome, congrats!I MADE IT!!!!!
I plan on applying in 2020, I know I still have some time but I've read through this thread and all of the information I've come across has been very helpful.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That's so awesome, congrats!I MADE IT!!!!!
Thank you!Congrats! I had a feeling you would. Feel free to message me with any questions about anything in the process. You are in for a wild ride. Go celebrate!
Where did you all stay while attending George Mason? I have been looking in the Bristow and Manassas, Va areas and cannot seem to find reasonably priced apartments.
You bought a house?I can give you the name of the realtor I used. She found me a great place for a good price.
You bought a house?
I also have some updated information for the incoming class. As per Mr. Gustavo, there will not be a math placement test this year. We have to report by July 8th and school starts the week after.
We will be taking statistics instead
Thanks to Matthew9Thirtyfive, I now have a realtor!
She is amazing. If you are moving into the area, here is her contact info
Hope Griggs, Realtor
Long and Foster, Gainesville Office
7526 Limestone Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155
Cell: 703-647-0094
Office: 571-261-1400
Email: [email protected]
Hey I am AF and got accepted this year! I am so stoked!!! Just waiting on orders. Eeek. Question for the people in the program. We want to have another baby and would like our kids to be somewhat close together. Do you think having a kid in this program is feasible?
Yes. We are just trying to plan out when it would be wise to try and have a baby. Schedule wise and such. Also thanks for the realtor info. We’ll be calling her soon.Yes. Are you the one that will actually be pregnant?
Yes. We are just trying to plan out when it would be wise to try and have a baby. Schedule wise and such. Also thanks for the realtor info. We’ll be calling her soon.
Hey I am AF and got accepted this year! I am so stoked!!! Just waiting on orders. Eeek. Question for the people in the program. We want to have another baby and would like our kids to be somewhat close together. Do you think having a kid in this program is feasible?
I applied last year and was told to just add LOR’s as the last enclosure in my package, which is what I’m doing again this year. I do not know about the honors/awards section though. Hopefully somebody else can comment with guidance. Good luck!Hey Guys,
New to the site and forum so I do apologize if this has been answered already! I’m submitting my package this November, and while I was putting the final touches on my package I had a few questions that came to mind!
In the BUMEDINST I did not see a requirement for honors and awards. It just seemed off to me to not add them in there, is that correct?
The second question that came to mind was that there was no place for Letters of Recommendation. I have two interviews completed, but I have some doctors who wanted to write LOR. Any guidance on that?
Looking forward to any and all help!
Awesome! Thanks for the information, do you mind if I send you a PM with some questions about your package?I applied last year and was told to just add LOR’s as the last enclosure in my package, which is what I’m doing again this year. I do not know about the honors/awards section though. Hopefully somebody else can comment with guidance. Good luck!
Sorry know the post has kind of died off a bit. Was curious if anyone who submitted this year has heard anything yet? I know it’s generally around April when results come out so still a little ways out, but I figured I would ask here!
For all of you out there like myself, the time has arrived. I hope your names are on the list! I made it, my second year applying, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Now to wait and see if COVID-19 holds anything up. Anyway, congratulations to the others who made it, I look forward to a couple great years learning with you all.
For all of you out there like myself, the time has arrived. I hope your names are on the list! I made it, my second year applying, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Now to wait and see if COVID-19 holds anything up. Anyway, congratulations to the others who made it, I look forward to a couple great years learning with you all.
Thanks man, I’ll keep that in mind. Hope all is well, and thanks for keeping up on the chat even though you’ve moved onThey’ve changed the curriculum since I finished EMDP2, but feel free to reach out if you have any questions about USUHS or applying.
Thanks man, I’ll keep that in mind. Hope all is well, and thanks for keeping up on the chat even though you’ve moved on
Sounds great. I’m antsy to get the whole process started.Of course. We all help each other out. Your sponsor will be a second year EMDP2 student, and when you get toward applying you’ll get a USUHS student as a mentor who went through EMDP2.
Why is that?@DiveDude17 might want to lose the selfie...
Why is that?
For all of you out there like myself, the time has arrived. I hope your names are on the list! I made it, my second year applying, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Now to wait and see if COVID-19 holds anything up. Anyway, congratulations to the others who made it, I look forward to a couple great years learning with you all.
Yeah I applied to the FY-21 cohortAny FY-21 applicants or reapplicants around this thread now a days?
For anyone interested, the USU EMDP2 webpage was updated and the "Information Brief" is back on there. It's mostly stuff from the Zoom information briefings, but page 10 & 16 has some relevant information regarding your (Kleos622) question.I know it's a bit early but has anyone heard anything yet for this cycle?
I am now. It’s my first year applying for this program. I don’t know how I missed this forum while putting my application together the past few months.Any FY-22 applicants following this thread?
Hello Tboos1193,I am now. It’s my first year applying for this program. I don’t know how I missed this forum while putting my application together the past few months.
Does anyone here know when they give results for an interview? Should I expect an email saying whether I’ve made the interview process or I’ve been denied? Not knowing is a process in and of itself! Thank you for the help!
From the EMDP2 Office for the FY22 cycle:I am now. It’s my first year applying for this program. I don’t know how I missed this forum while putting my application together the past few months.
Does anyone here know when they give results for an interview? Should I expect an email saying whether I’ve made the interview process or I’ve been denied? Not knowing is a process in and of itself! Thank you for the help!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.