Navy Waiting for EMDP2 Navy Selection Board Results!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have any info on EMDP2 and HSCP?

Specifically, if you choose to go HSCP vice USUHS/HPSP, will they pay for your move to the medical school?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any info on EMDP2 and HSCP?

Specifically, if you choose to go HSCP vice USUHS/HPSP, will they pay for your move to the medical school?

I just asked our class leader who was at the hpsp meeting. When you go to hpsp, you are technically IRR, so they do not PCS you. For hscp, you are active duty, so they should PCS you. I will double check that for you though.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For last year's selectees, when did you all have to report last year?

I just asked our class leader who was at the hpsp meeting. When you go to hpsp, you are technically IRR, so they do not PCS you. For hscp, you are active duty, so they should PCS you. I will double check that for you though.
Which option are you choosing? USU, HPSP, or HSCP

Anyone get any news?
I reached out to N1 on facebook. This was their response:
Good afternoon, the package is still in routing for EMPD2. We don’t have a release date determined, but will post when results are out.

I reached out to N1 on facebook. This was their response:
Good afternoon, the package is still in routing for EMPD2. We don’t have a release date determined, but will post when results are out.
With this news, I am not getting my hopes up for end of April

I got word the acceptance list is out - but I’m not at work to check my email

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn guys - sorry if started a panic!!!

I have some buddies looking out for me- they got it switched up with USHS results

That happened to me last year. My divo told me I didn’t get selected when he saw me at the NEX. I emailed HMC and asked what I should improve for next year, and she was like wtf are you smoking? Turned out he was looking at the mecp message.

That happened to me last year. My divo told me I didn’t get selected when he saw me at the NEX. I emailed HMC and asked what I should improve for next year, and she was like wtf are you smoking? Turned out he was looking at the mecp message.
Pretty much describes my afternoon

Obviously, I'm praying it comes out for you guys sooner than later, but they don't seem to be in any hurry. I'm wondering if there is an issue with your application cohort like there was for us.
I know you are I’m just giving you a hard time lol. I hope not they really need some process improvement.

Congrats to those of you who made!

*Congrats to those of you who made it!

Thank you! Don't get discouraged, if you didn't make it this time. I was preparing my application to this program since 2012 (which drove me to take two or three undergraduate classes at a time on sea duty), and was rejected last year (which drove me to taking graduate level classes). In the following weeks, HMC will give you an indepth view on why you were not selected. Consider her advice, reevaluate if that’s the route you still want to take, and apply again. Don't let them say no!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you! Don't get discouraged, if you didn't make it this time. I was preparing my application to this program since 2012 (which drove me to take two or three undergraduate classes at a time on sea duty), and was rejected last year (which drove me to taking graduate level classes). In the following weeks, HMC will give you an indepth view on why you were not selected. Consider her advice, reevaluate if that’s the route you still want to take, and apply again. Don't let them say no!

Agreed. Don’t give up. We have several people in our cohort (and in cohort 3) who applied more than once.

Finally got orders moving. Wont get them until next week, every tuesday they populate. Whoever has already gotten theirs, when is the NLT report date? I assume it will be the same for us all and I want to start looking at housing and a NLT date would help with that.

Finally got orders moving. Wont get them until next week, every tuesday they populate. Whoever has already gotten theirs, when is the NLT report date? I assume it will be the same for us all and I want to start looking at housing and a NLT date would help with that.

If it’s the same across all branches then the RNLTD is 31 July. I haven’t received orders yet, but I’m also a unique situation - I’m not sure about anyone else.

Hey friends! I love that this thread has been kept alive for so many years (and I even further love how many people involved have successfully been selected.) I swear, between r/premed and SDN I have all the evidence that I need that being neurotic about requirements and packages is the only TRUE way to be successful in these programs. That being said, knowing is half the battle.

I only found out about this program recently, as my wonderful chief was like "you're a nerd and are interested in medicine. You should check THIS out" so naturally the first thing I did was look up the NAVADMIN and the second thing I did was search for "EMDP2 SDN" and was sent here. I have since read almost every word you guys have put up on here and I have decided that I am prepare to spend every waking moment putting blood, sweat, and tears into this package so I can apply for the 2021 cycle. Now, with all that info out there, I have a question regarding the degree by which doing extra work will help me.

For exposition, I was masted in 2016 so I have until 2019 to even be eligible for special programs; however, since getting masted I have lost all hope, ****ed up again, figured out that life isn't over, had two children, got married, finished fully qualifying, DECOM'd a boat, went to shore duty, fell BACK in love with school and medicine, rekindled my love and hope of becoming an MD, started school, achieved a 3.89 (So far), and started working on a "post-navy" application to medical school. So, I have started volunteering at a hospital, and local Search and Rescue, and started moonlighting as a tutor. Seriously, this **** is exhausting, but I imagine quite worth it in the end. Then, I discovered this program.

So, now to bring us back to today and this question. The NAVADMIN mentions that you CAN take the GRE/GMAT if you want, but do not have to. Would it be worth it for me to pursue one of these exams under the assumption that I am an excellent standardized exam taker and willing to prepare ad nauseam. To paraphrase, in your infinite wisdom and extendible ear is the margin by which our eligibility scrutinized small enough to justify taking an entire extra standardized exam? Which then begs the question, if I were interested in the ScM component am I required to have submitted a GRE score?

Seriously, thank you everyone for your time and energy, this thread has quintupled my motivation and elation. I look forward to speaking with everyone.

Hey friends! I love that this thread has been kept alive for so many years (and I even further love how many people involved have successfully been selected.) I swear, between r/premed and SDN I have all the evidence that I need that being neurotic about requirements and packages is the only TRUE way to be successful in these programs. That being said, knowing is half the battle.

I only found out about this program recently, as my wonderful chief was like "you're a nerd and are interested in medicine. You should check THIS out" so naturally the first thing I did was look up the NAVADMIN and the second thing I did was search for "EMDP2 SDN" and was sent here. I have since read almost every word you guys have put up on here and I have decided that I am prepare to spend every waking moment putting blood, sweat, and tears into this package so I can apply for the 2021 cycle. Now, with all that info out there, I have a question regarding the degree by which doing extra work will help me.

For exposition, I was masted in 2016 so I have until 2019 to even be eligible for special programs; however, since getting masted I have lost all hope, ****ed up again, figured out that life isn't over, had two children, got married, finished fully qualifying, DECOM'd a boat, went to shore duty, fell BACK in love with school and medicine, rekindled my love and hope of becoming an MD, started school, achieved a 3.89 (So far), and started working on a "post-navy" application to medical school. So, I have started volunteering at a hospital, and local Search and Rescue, and started moonlighting as a tutor. Seriously, this **** is exhausting, but I imagine quite worth it in the end. Then, I discovered this program.

So, now to bring us back to today and this question. The NAVADMIN mentions that you CAN take the GRE/GMAT if you want, but do not have to. Would it be worth it for me to pursue one of these exams under the assumption that I am an excellent standardized exam taker and willing to prepare ad nauseam. To paraphrase, in your infinite wisdom and extendible ear is the margin by which our eligibility scrutinized small enough to justify taking an entire extra standardized exam? Which then begs the question, if I were interested in the ScM component am I required to have submitted a GRE score?

Seriously, thank you everyone for your time and energy, this thread has quintupled my motivation and elation. I look forward to speaking with everyone.

You are primarily ranked based on your letters and personal statement. Your scores and gpa can make you competitive, but if your letters are lackluster, you’ll be sol.

You must make sure your letter writers include all your volunteering and write extremely personal letters detailing how awesome you are and how they want you to be their doc. Additionally, since you’ve been masted, your subsequent evals need to be stellar. You will already have an uphill battle with an njp in your past. See if your CO can specifically address how you’ve grown and learned from the incident.

Don’t bother taking the gre. I took it, and honestly it was a waste of time and money. Spend the time making sure your sat or act are great and keep that gpa high. I would try to submit two physician letters though instead of just one. That’s more important than having a Gre.

Edit: just to add, you should plan on following your post Navy plan. There are usually a few dozen packets for 5 spots. They aren’t exactly hurting for people and have no reason to overlook an NJP.

Last edited:
It might depend on why you went to mast twice but given the number of perfect candidates, you should probably start looking at a post-Navy med school plan. @daVinci416

I missed where he went to mast twice. I saw he ****ed up twice, but that doesn’t necessarily mean two masts. One mast is probably enough to sink you unless you have a couple admiral letters, but if you have two masts it probably isn’t even worth applying to be honest.

I'm sorry if the way that I wrote it was confusing, I did not mean that I was masted twice. I meant that I was masted once, but one does not simply just get Masted off the cuff there is a story of how I got to that point. I just did not write my life story. That was all at my previous command and even my previous command eventually gave me some good evals and awards. But after the decom and during my shore duty I've collected many more positive evals and conversations and discussions and lessons and duties and collaterals...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk