Navy Waiting for EMDP2 Navy Selection Board Results!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry if the way that I wrote it was confusing, I did not mean that I was masted twice. I meant that I was masted once, but one does not simply just get Masted off the cuff there is a story of how I got to that point. I just did not write my life story. That was all at my previous command and even my previous command eventually gave me some good evals and awards. But after the decom and during my shore duty I've collected many more positive evals and conversations and discussions and lessons and duties and collaterals...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That’s good. I would apply but count on getting out and going that route. Can’t get selected if you don’t apply, but don’t get your hopes up too high with that NJP.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you sure NJP is not disqualifying?
https://www.med.navy.mil/directives/ExternalDirectives/1500.31.pdf

It’s written poorly but I read eligibility req 2 as applying the 3 year rule to civilian violations only. I hope you’ve asked directly and I’m wrong. That said, the fact that NJP is discussed in the instruction is not good.

For reasons that I'm sure are obvious, I may be reading it in my own favor, however it is incredibly common for instructions to have no NJP for 36 months statement or paragraph. In fact, it's just a general requirement for special programs (NAVPERS 1306/92).

In this particular instance, it still reads as "within 3 years" being the qualifying exception for the entire paragraph. I believe it is just poorly articulated.

Obviously, if it means that I am disqualified due to NJP in general then I suppose come 2020 I will be part of that 10% that is not selected due to not meeting requirements, am I right?

Members don't see this ad :)
For reasons that I'm sure are obvious, I may be reading it in my own favor, however it is incredibly common for instructions to have no NJP for 36 months statement or paragraph. In fact, it's just a general requirement for special programs (NAVPERS 1306/92).

In this particular instance, it still reads as "within 3 years" being the qualifying exception for the entire paragraph. I believe it is just poorly articulated.

Obviously, if it means that I am disqualified due to NJP in general then I suppose come 2020 I will be part of that 10% that is not selected due to not meeting requirements, am I right?

Just ask. The POCs are very responsive ime.

If I were you, I would reach out to HMCS Rawson. He is very thorough and quick to respond. Here is his number (703) 681-4334. He is the current POC for the program

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone applied this year. Here is an update:
USU has had their board and has sent their selections back to the Navy.

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone applied this year. Here is an update:
USU has had their board and has sent their selections back to the Navy.

First, thanks a million for the heads up; it calms the anxious mind. Second, should we anticipate a four-week turnaround for actual notification via NAVADMIN or HMCS Rawson?

First, thanks a million for the heads up; it calms the anxious mind. Second, should we anticipate a four-week turnaround for actual notification via NAVADMIN or HMCS Rawson?
When I spoke with HMCS Rawson he stated it is going through the various levels of departments. He said the results be out around the middle of March but no later then the end of March.

Also HMCS Rawson stated he will
Not be contacting anyone. Whether you are selected or not...contact him

If you have access to message traffic (or know someone who does), it will come across there first.

Also HMCS Rawson stated he will
Not be contacting anyone. Whether you are selected or not...contact him

Did HMCS give any mention to notifying those selected early if they did call? Or was his guidance to wait for the official NAVADMIN to be released?

Members don't see this ad :)
The navadmin will be sent out on the high side email before it’s posted online. What kind of command are you at?

High side? I’m in the dive locker at SWRMC, southwest regional maintenance center, out in San Diego.

High side? I’m in the dive locker at SWRMC, southwest regional maintenance center, out in San Diego.

Ah, yeah I know those guys (or at least I knew the guys that were there 5 years ago). Do you have any buddies in admin? They should have access to message traffic. Your CO will probably tell you if you get selected when it comes out. Mine did (although the message came out on a Friday afternoon, so I actually found out when I went in for duty on Saturday).

Ah, yeah I know those guys (or at least I knew the guys that were there 5 years ago). Do you have any buddies in admin? They should have access to message traffic. Your CO will probably tell you if you get selected when it comes out. Mine did (although the message came out on a Friday afternoon, so I actually found out when I went in for duty on Saturday).

Ah okay, gotcha. Do you think the PS’s in the admin office would have access? Well, if anything it’ll just be a few more weeks to wait now. Thanks

Did HMCS give any mention to notifying those selected early if they did call? Or was his guidance to wait for the official NAVADMIN to be released?
No he will not telll you early. He already currently knows who was selected but will not state who until after the NAVADMIN is released

Last edited:
Ah okay, gotcha. Do you think the PS’s in the admin office would have access? Well, if anything it’ll just be a few more weeks to wait now. Thanks
Yes should be only a few more weeks. Last year the results came out the last week of March.

Better than the end of May lol.
I agree with you but since then they have made allot of improvements to assist in getting the results out sooner. It is expected that the incoming class this year will actually have to report by July 10th.

I agree with you but since then they are made allot of improvements to assist in getting the results out sooner. It is expected that the incoming class this year will actually have to report by July 10th.

Hmm. That would be super early since classes af gmu don’t start until the end of August.

Update: The results have not left BUMED yet. Once they do leave, it will be sent to N1 and they will be in charge of putting them out.

The army already released their results...lol i really wish the navy worked that fast

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! Don't kill yourself with anxiety - the results will come out and none of us really have a clue when it will happen :)

Hmm. Curious to see what they changed. They are always working on improving it.

GMU is making several moves to ensure classes are gearded to prepare students for the MCAT while maintaining the coursework required for most med school applications - for example, most schools don't require calculus any more, but biochem could come in very handy for the MCAT. They are applying the lessons learned over the last 5 years to maximize the first year, and make sure everyone gets to where they need to be - that is, medical school. Don't want to speak out of turn, so we will have to wait for the changes to be formalized, but I am excited for the future cohorts to get an even better deal than the current curriculum - which is already great.

GMU is making several moves to ensure classes are gearded to prepare students for the MCAT while maintaining the coursework required for most med school applications - for example, most schools don't require calculus any more, but biochem could come in very handy for the MCAT. They are applying the lessons learned over the last 5 years to maximize the first year, and make sure everyone gets to where they need to be - that is, medical school. Don't want to speak out of turn, so we will have to wait for the changes to be formalized, but I am excited for the future cohorts to get an even better deal than the current curriculum - which is already great.

That’s good to hear. We gave Dr. Fox a lot of feedback concerning the curriculum like having biochem in the first year and getting rid of calculus (or making it elective for people who want to apply to the 3-4 schools that require it). Our cohort will be gone in 2 months (holy crap how has it been 2 years already), so we won’t see it, but I hope the program continues to improve (not that it isn’t already great—but there are definitely things that could be better). It sounds like it’s already better for you guys (like you’re getting uworld and stuff we didn’t).

These guys are really pushing their end of March deadline, huh?

I spoke with USU and they said the Navy told them the results are coming out on April 1

So the wait is almost over! The results will either be out today, tomorrow or by Monday if they abide by the deadline.