Waitlist for 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mmmmmmmm hot chocolate.

I'll just add some Kahlua to mine :hilarious:

Surprised you haven’t switched over to Bailey’s in your coffee/tea. Multipurpose — creamer and BS tolerance increaser :whistle:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I personally do not know but I am going through the same thing. On the IS waitlist for Cornell. It seems like no one knows much about movement for me, either.

Also, thanks once again for my secret santa gifts. :love:
Same am waitlisted IS for Michigan state and no one knows anything. I die a little every time I check my email

Reactions: 1 users
Just got called off of Wisconsin's OOS waitlist! There's hope, people - hang in there :)

Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Because I'm getting more and more anxious everyday, just called Penn again and I've moved up 5 positions. The admissions woman who talked to me said to keep calling in the next couple of weeks or so (which I'm sure we all already know these next two weeks will see the most movement).

Gave up my waitlist spots for: Kansas State, Auburn, Western, LSU, and Iowa State
Also giving up my seats for: Michigan State (OOS) and U of I (IS)
Good luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 11 users
Gave up my waitlist spots for: Kansas State, Auburn, Western, LSU, and Iowa State
Also giving up my seats for: Michigan State (OOS) and U of I (IS)
Good luck to everyone :)
Congrats!! I know you were worried about all of those waitlist spots. Glad to see you found your school

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Cue 3 weeks of pretending not to care about vet school but secretly looking at my phone every other second.

I'm gunna need wine.
To anyone who thought I was joking
IMG_4463.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I got called off the OOS waitlist at Mississippi State this evening!

Reactions: 20 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate at Iowa...43/328 o_O probably higher than that now though because people are already getting accepted from the alternate list or turning down spots. Hopeful!!!
Is the rank updated on the status page of our account as they go through the waitlist? I'm guessing yes since you know somehow that people were getting pulled off the waitlist unless you go there and actually know people.

Is the rank updated on the status page of our account as they go through the waitlist? I'm guessing yes since you know somehow that people were getting pulled off the waitlist unless you go there and actually know people.
There is a lot of info on the specific Iowa class of 2022 thread but I'll post it here as well.

The alternate rankings were all entered manually and as such they will not be updated with new numbers because that would be a ton of work. We can call them and ask where they are on the list and how many people below us have declined their alternate spot which will give you your current ranking.

Please check out the Iowa thread as it will be updated more frequently with information than this general waitlist thread.

Yes what mad mike said. I know a lot of people are trying to contact Iowa for updated alternate numbers and the lady in charge said she will try to answer everyone’s requests by tomorrow or Friday. As of right now, according to a post on the other thread I believe the waitlist has moved at least 14 spots (someone correct me if I’m wrong!). They also mentioned that the list should see more movement closer to and after the deposit deadline this weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
Any word of movement for Midwestern?
I'm anxiously waiting by my phone and answering all unknown area codes
I'm on the MWU alternate list too. I think we've got another week or two still to wait. I figure they'll have to assess the alternate list after the April 16th decision deadline. Last year they didn't start making calls until early May. Fingers crossed

congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I’m waiting on MSU and mizzou

I got called from Kansas IS waitlist yesterday so will be giving up my spot at Midwestern on Monday

Reactions: 7 users
Was called off my IS waitlist at Mizzou Thursday. Was ranked #2. Will be giving up OOS acceptances at Ohio and Illinois, along with waitlist spots at Oregon and Colorado by Monday.

Reactions: 10 users
Good Luck guys! Wishing for all of you!!!

Anybody from Oregon letting go of their in-state spot? ;)

I know this is a long road, with many opportunities to get called...but can I just get a call already?

It's day one and the anticipation is killing me

Reactions: 8 users
For anyone who was on Penn’s OOS waitlist, I was called off this afternoon! I was number 13 as of yesterday, so there was a bunch of movement today. I’m so excited!!!!
ah exciting!!!!! i hope they keep moving congrats!

has anyone on the OOS lists for LSU or Upenn heard anything?? (other than @CAndM16) like it was said above....only day one but i’m so anxious

has anyone on the OOS lists for LSU or Upenn heard anything?? (other than @CAndM16) like it was said above....only day one but i’m so anxious
I was called off UPenn's OOS list Friday. I was #7 on the list from when the ranking numbers were first released back in March. I will be giving up my acceptance to Illinois.

Waitlisted at Colorado (unranked) Michigan (#8) and LSU (#74)

Accepted to RVC, Iowa State, U Minnesota, and St George.

I reaaaaaalllly wish I knew my CSU rank. I truly fell in love with the school and it’s putting me on the fence about my other options. Every day I change my mind where I want to go :(

**edited for grammar
Did you decide where you wanted to go? I saw you commented on another thread and I thought to myself that you seemed to have great odds!

Did you decide where you wanted to go? I saw you commented on another 1 thread and I though;t to myself that you seemed to have great odds!
Yes I did! I went with the RVC :)

AHHHHH I've been reading all your posts cause I like your little avi lol. And I feel like you would be really cool in person! I'm so happy for you. I'm on the waitlist right now at Michigan State. It's the only school I applied to, and I have no ideaaaaaaaaaa what this outcome will be for me and I can't wait to find out.

Have so much fun in the UK. I lived in Madrid Spain for a year and it was hands down one of the best experiences of my life for sure.

AHHHHH I've been reading all your posts cause I like your little avi lol. And I feel like you would be really cool in person! I'm so happy for you. I'm on the waitlist right now at Michigan State. It's the only school I applied to, and I have no ideaaaaaaaaaa what this outcome will be for me and I can't wait to find out.

Have so much fun in the UK. I lived in Madrid Spain for a year and it was hands down one of the best experiences of my life for sure.
You are so sweet! I got called off the MSU waitlist (#8) and declined so you should be at least one more spot closer! Try to take it day by day, it can be a little overwhelming but you'll get to where you need to be eventually. I promise.

got a call from a mysterious 215 number and freaked because that's a Philly area code... and it wasn't them :(

got a call from a mysterious 215 number and freaked because that's a Philly area code... and it wasn't them :(

Hahahah that is just WRONG. I would get so much anxiety.

That is so rad! I would love to go to RVC. I was so pumped to apply, and then I found out they don't consider vet school professional level and Tier 4 bachelor student family members can't apply off the student's Visa, and I would kinda have to take my ball and chain and kid with me hahaha. Congrats on the acceptance! :clap:

That is so rad! I would love to go to RVC. I was so pumped to apply, and then I found out they don't consider vet school professional level and Tier 4 bachelor student family members can't apply off the student's Visa, and I would kinda have to take my ball and chain and kid with me hahaha. Congrats on the acceptance! :clap:
Thanks! I’m not taking any dependents with me but from what I understood you could because it is still a graduate program if you do the graduate entry application (Like most Americans do). It might be worth following up with that if you haven’t already!

I was ranked #12 OOS in the final update (4/11) for LSU's alternate list. I had asked Donnie how long we would have to make a decision if called off, as I never visited and although I had already committed to Penn, I wanted to leave no stone unturned so to speak (okay... really I think I just wanted an excuse to fly to New Orleans for a few days ;)). He said they would give 48 hour notice and that they wouldn't start calling additional people off until the 20th. I removed myself from the list because I knew I couldn't arrange plans to visit this week. Hope that helps and that you hear something soon!

I got the call this morning and I'll be accepting a seat at Kansas State! I already withdrew from the Iowa Waitlist so hopefully that helps someone else

Reactions: 11 users