Waitlist movement c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My heart nearly stopped when I got a phone call from Fort Collins......I'm!!! (OOS)
Really strongly considering dropping the physics class I no longer need.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got offered an OOS spot at CSU and just declined it. Good luck to everyone else

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got called off the Cornell waitlist OOS and accepted :)

Reactions: 11 users
I just called Tuft's to find out the status of the waitlist and they're currently not moving it. :( Oh well, I put some good money into a deposit at Minnesota! XD

Congrats to everyone who has gotten calls!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted off the waitlist to University of Missouri - I'm going to vet school!!!!! Congrats as well to everyone else who has gotten to calls, and here's to hoping other waitlists start to move as well!

Reactions: 10 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist to University of Missouri - I'm going to vet school!!!!! Congrats as well to everyone else who has gotten to calls, and here's to hoping other waitlists start to move as well!
Congrats! Were you OOS or in state?

Just called Wisconsin, I'm still 19th on the IS list, but they said that since things only had to be postmarked by the 15th there probably won't be any movement till late this week/early next week.

On the plus side I was able to schedule my file review with them for next Thursday.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard if the Oklahoma State OOS waitlist is moving? They don't give out what number you are on the waitlist. Very nerve racking!

Aghh this is killing me I'm an alternate at three different schools. I haven'y heard a thing yet :( I plan on calling tmr to see if there is still going to be movement.

Aghh this is killing me I'm an alternate at three different schools. I haven'y heard a thing yet :( I plan on calling tmr to see if there is still going to be movement.
Mind if I ask what schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got called off the waitlist at UGA OOS. I was spot number 4, but I have already accepted an offer at another school and have found housing and a roommate so I will likely think about it for a day then decline it!

AHHHH I'm IS #4 and I'm dying. It's killing me to know I'm so close but may not get in because IS hardly moves :(

My very good friend is #1 on the UGA IS waitlist, so she is so freaking close and I just want my buddy in my class with me and I'm so stressed out for her!!!

If anyone got waitlisted at UIUC, they sent an email saying the class is full already, in case you didn't get the email. :/

Hi everyone!

Does any one know how much the OOS waitlist moves for VMRCVM after April 15th? I'm #17 on that list and have been debating on asking the school myself but it seems inappropriate to do so. I'm just trying to determine if I should get ready just in case I get in or if it's only wishful thinking on my part.

Hi everyone!

Does any one know how much the OOS waitlist moves for VMRCVM after April 15th? I'm #17 on that list and have been debating on asking the school myself but it seems inappropriate to do so. I'm just trying to determine if I should get ready just in case I get in or if it's only wishful thinking on my part.

Someone else posted previously saying they received an email stating the 2020 class has been filled.

Someone else posted previously saying they received an email stating the 2020 class has been filled.
True, I've received that same email. My question was more towards the movement after this point. The email as well as the school has stated that people have dropped their seat during this stage in the past, so I'm wondering about how likely this is and waitlist movement for this type of situation. More or less want a clear cut no I won't get in so I don't have this whole maybe-I'll-get-in mentality and fully focus my attention on the next application cycle -.-

True, I've received that same email. My question was more towards the movement after this point. The email as well as the school has stated that people have dropped their seat during this stage in the past, so I'm wondering about how likely this is and waitlist movement for this type of situation. More or less want a clear cut no I won't get in so I don't have this whole maybe-I'll-get-in mentality and fully focus my attention on the next application cycle -.-

Truly and honestly, it's very unlikely that 17 people will drop/defer from an acceptance at this stage. If start getting ready for next cycle. And if you get in, it'll be a pleasant surprise. Good luck!

Is it general practice for schools to accept more than their class and overfill it? Is that why tufts waitlist (specifically but also possibly other schools) isn't moving?

Is it general practice for schools to accept more than their class and overfill it? Is that why tufts waitlist (specifically but also possibly other schools) isn't moving?

Some, not all. The only ones I know that do this for certain are Ohio and Illinois. The ones I applied to, Mississippi and LSU, only accepted as many as there were seats. It definitely depends. Typically the schools that do this see a lot of waitlist movement but this year is interesting.

My very good friend is #1 on the UGA IS waitlist, so she is so freaking close and I just want my buddy in my class with me and I'm so stressed out for her!!!

who is your friend? One of my good friends knows someone that got in off the IS waitlist on Monday.

Hi everyone!

There is never a bad time to have a back up plan, even if you're 1st on the list. Since the school has sent an e-mail saying the class is full, look at it as if you don't have a chance and start preparing for next year. Chances are you will have to reapply. No one here can give you a straight yes or no cause we're not the school.

Some, not all. The only ones I know that do this for certain are Ohio and Illinois. The ones I applied to, Mississippi and LSU, only accepted as many as there were seats. It definitely depends. Typically the schools that do this see a lot of waitlist movement but this year is interesting.

I believe Kansas does as well.

An IS seat just opened up at LSU apparently, according to the portal. Now I wait on edge once more :nailbiting:

Reactions: 4 users
Ahhh! Hope you get in!!

Thanks! I talked to someone on Monday and they said class numbers tend to be fluid and that this is certainly a stressful time for those on the waitlist. The class is certainly not yet set in stone and I would be notified by mail if it is. I don't take that to mean I'll get an offer at this juncture, but there's a chance, you know?

An IS seat just opened up at LSU apparently, according to the portal. Now I wait on edge once more :nailbiting:
So you can watch as seats get filled via the portal? That's kind of cool. And torturous.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! I talked to someone on Monday and they said class numbers tend to be fluid and that this is certainly a stressful time for those on the waitlist. The class is certainly not yet set in stone and I would be notified by mail if it is. I don't take that to mean I'll get an offer at this juncture, but there's a chance, you know?
Fingers crossed you get in!!!
I was shocked how quickly all their categories filled. It makes more sense that it's still fluid even if the portal doesn't reflect that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anec-data says the movement historically has been anywhere from 0 to 80 spots, with some people saying an average of 20. Like, seriously, one year, no one called off on the OOS seats. I can't fault admissions for getting more and more reluctant on answering waitlist movement, because there's no reliable way of predicting who says no. Source: old VMRCVM threads.

I too, have been dying to know what the waitlist movement is like, but I can't plan my life around "maybe will, maybe won't". I will contact VMRCVM on May 1 to ask how I can improve my MMI. (God, I hated not being able to "study!!") I will retake the GRE in July and gear up for the next round of applications this september. I will also start looking into a post-bac program/community college because my prereqs are expired by some school's standards.

Has anyone heard if the Western has started moving yet? I'm more likely to get pulled off that list than my IS KSU but I'm still trying to be hopeful. I know historically KSU only has 10-15 IS spots on the waitlist an they won't tell you where you are at on the list. This is my third time applying and this year has thus far been the furthest I have gotten in the process so I'm praying this will be my year. I declined my Ross spot because I can not realistically afford going there, so I'm on pins and needles.... Congrats to everyone who has gotten call thus far. I hope to join you guys soon.

Fingers crossed you get in!!!
I was shocked how quickly all their categories filled. It makes more sense that it's still fluid even if the portal doesn't reflect that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I wasn't surprised. LSU is fantastic!

Should I be expecting an email once the class is full? Does anybody know if Michigan will do that? I'm fairly confident that I'm not getting in this cycle but I hate sitting here wondering.
Illinois sent one out, so I'm guessing other schools should too.

Not all schools do emails just because Illi does lol. It's custom from what I've seen, but LSU is one that does not email. They use letters. Schools have a unique way of doing things even if email is the custom. Can you call and ask Finn?

Not all schools do emails just because Illi does lol. It's custom from what I've seen, but LSU is one that does not email. They use letters. Schools have a unique way of doing things even if email is the custom. Can you call and ask Finn?

I'll call or email and ask if I need to but I usually try to figure out if someone already knows first.
I figure a lot of us call and ask the same darn questions. ;)

I'll call or email and ask if I need to but I usually try to figure out if someone already knows first.
I figure a lot of us call and ask the same darn questions. ;)

This much is true! Lol.

Has anyone heard if the Western has started moving yet? I'm more likely to get pulled off that list than my IS KSU but I'm still trying to be hopeful. I know historically KSU only has 10-15 IS spots on the waitlist an they won't tell you where you are at on the list. This is my third time applying and this year has thus far been the furthest I have gotten in the process so I'm praying this will be my year. I declined my Ross spot because I can not realistically afford going there, so I'm on pins and needles.... Congrats to everyone who has gotten call thus far. I hope to join you guys soon.

I got called off western's waitlist in July last year. I declined my spot because of expenses. I don't know what number I was on the list.

Ok so I called Michigan and Colorado.
Michigan called 13 students on the OOS list and one has already denied their spot the rest have until Monday to decide.
CSU - still has 30 spots to fill where they are further then that I'm unsure.
I emailed Iowa today and I'm still waiting to hear from them

I need some help. I'm interviewing this afternoon for a research tech position with UGA's large animal department. First, this would help my application for next year right? And second, I'd have to break my lease but keep paying on it even though I'm not living there. And third, it'd more than likely be a HUGE pay cut.

What would ya'll do?

I need some help. I'm interviewing this afternoon for a research tech position with UGA's large animal department. First, this would help my application for next year right? And second, I'd have to break my lease but keep paying on it even though I'm not living there. And third, it'd more than likely be a HUGE pay cut.

What would ya'll do?
I would think it would definitely increase your chances for next year, but are their admissions counselors you can call and check with to make sure? Also, could you find someone to sublet your apartment to help with that aspect?

I would think it would definitely increase your chances for next year, but are their admissions counselors you can call and check with to make sure? Also, could you find someone to sublet your apartment to help with that aspect?

the company I rent from says I'm not allowed to sublet, that they have to approve everyone through credit checks and whatnot :/