Waitlist movement c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the company I rent from says I'm not allowed to sublet, that they have to approve everyone through credit checks and whatnot :/

I'm not sure how it is in your state, but I know in mine if they are forcing you to continue paying your lease even if you don't live there they cannot legally fill that apartment. If they do you do not have to continue paying. They cannot be paid from both you and the person living there, so if they fill it you won't have to continue to pay. Of course I also know a lot of places won't tell you if they fill it and you have to find out on your own and sue them. *sigh*

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how it is in your state, but I know in mine if they are forcing you to continue paying your lease even if you don't live there they cannot legally fill that apartment. If they do you do not have to continue paying. They cannot be paid from both you and the person living there, so if they fill it you won't have to continue to pay. Of course I also know a lot of places won't tell you if they fill it and you have to find out on your own and sue them. *sigh*

oh my goodness, I'm not trying to do all that!

I heard today that Michigan's IS class is officially full.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got called of the waitlist at Wisconsin OOS. I was #3, but declined my position as I was accepted by my instate!! Really hope this helps someone out!!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know anything about Mizzou? Specifically OOS
I'm also looking for info on the in state list for Mizzou if anyone hears anything.
Honestly, when it comes to Mizzou's waitlist, you might not hear anything at all, since I'm not sure if they contact the waitlister's about the class being full or not. That being said, you could be called all the way until school starts (Aug 22nd). I know the wait is torture, but try to keep busy and keep your head up :)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard if the Western has started moving yet? I'm more likely to get pulled off that list than my IS KSU but I'm still trying to be hopeful. I know historically KSU only has 10-15 IS spots on the waitlist an they won't tell you where you are at on the list. This is my third time applying and this year has thus far been the furthest I have gotten in the process so I'm praying this will be my year. I declined my Ross spot because I can not realistically afford going there, so I'm on pins and needles.... Congrats to everyone who has gotten call thus far. I hope to join you guys soon.

I didn't know that about KSU's IS list. I'm also on their IS wait list. As cheap as it is, I can't see Kansas residents deciding, "Nahhh, I'd rather pay a lot more elsewhere/not go at all."

Has anyone heard if UT Knoxville's OOS waitlist is moving?

Does anyone know if the current information in VMCAS will be deleted when the 2016-2017 one opens, or if we can just update what's there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know what number on the list Iowa is at now?!

You can always use your message board to ask them. I was probably going to ask midweek if I don't see anything on SDN, but I'm also pretty far down on the list so I'm not really expecting an imminent call.

Just got off the Colorado OOS waitlist. I received an email that my status had changed on the portal.

Also, got off the davis waitlist list April 12. I also got a email to check the portal.

Got called off the Michigan State waitlist on 4/21. I was #17 (OOS) and accepted. :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Just got off the Colorado OOS waitlist. I received an email that my status had changed on the portal.

Also, got off the davis waitlist list April 12. I also got a email to check the portal.

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing what number you were on the Davis waitlist?

I got called off the OOS waitlist at NC State on Tuesday and I've accepted! Also I withdrew from Tufts so if anyone was waiting for an in state spot there, one just opened up! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I had my file review with Wisconsin today. Jenna was fantastic, I feel like I know exactly what I need to do for the next cycle to improve my application. If you have a chance to do a file review with Wisconsin, take it. Also from the IS side of things, the class is full, I moved from 19th to 13th, so it sounds like they took 6 people off which is their average.

Just called off the Wait list at Iowa. (OOS) I'm going to accept!!!!! I did call CSU first and I guess they still have several OOS spots to fill they are probably sending out more offers May 9th. So honestly if I get off their list I'm going to withdraw my acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Just called off the Wait list at Iowa. (OOS) I'm going to accept!!!!! I did call CSU first and I guess they still have several OOS spots to fill they are probably sending out more offers May 9th. So honestly if I get off their list I'm going to withdraw my acceptance.
Woo, good choice! Congratulations! :highfive:

That's good news, congrads! Your number was in the 60s right?

Yeah I was number 61 so I was pretty shocked. I had completely given up hope. Was going to sign up for classes for the summer today!

Reactions: 1 users
Why may 9 for CSU?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That's when they are sending out the next round I suppose per the lady I spoke to at admissions. I guess there are several offers out right now and they are waiting to hear their responses. But from what it sounds like there are a number of spots still open. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. I went to CSU for undergrad and love fort collins. It would be nice to remain close to my friends- maybe take off some of my stress

Over on the Minnesota board, someone said they gave up their OOS spot. I called prior to their post and the OSS wait list hasn't changed since the April 15th e-mail update. Well, it will move up one soon based on the post from half an hour ago.

In case I need to apply again (and it's looking that way), would you guys put working in a medical lab at the Humane Society under veterinary work, or would it be internship/volunteer/animal experience because I'm not working directly with a vet? I do blood draws, physical exams, and give medication - all things you'd do/see with a vet - but the shelter vet only does surgery work, and doesn't supervise or work in the med lab.

I think I put it under animal experience last time but I don't know if it'd be better to put it in vet experience if it fits.

In case I need to apply again (and it's looking that way), would you guys put working in a medical lab at the Humane Society under veterinary work, or would it be internship/volunteer/animal experience because I'm not working directly with a vet? I do blood draws, physical exams, and give medication - all things you'd do/see with a vet - but the shelter vet only does surgery work, and doesn't supervise or work in the med lab.

I think I put it under animal experience last time but I don't know if it'd be better to put it in vet experience if it fits.
The way some of my pre-vet advisor put it was, if a veterinarian oversees your work or makes diagnosis based off the work you do, include it as veterinary experience. You could always email the main school you are applying to and see what they recommend. Or if they have pre-vet advisor, contact them.

KSU c/o 2020!!!!

I'm officially going to vet school! I got the email today so HELLO California as I will be a part of the 2020 class at Western U!

Western U Class of 2020!

Reactions: 4 users
The way some of my pre-vet advisor put it was, if a veterinarian oversees your work or makes diagnosis based off the work you do, include it as veterinary experience. You could always email the main school you are applying to and see what they recommend. Or if they have pre-vet advisor, contact them.

KSU c/o 2020!!!!
I actually just had a feedback appointment with one of my schools. He said to put it under veterinary.

Well, sadly, all spots are filled for IS at UGA. Guess i'll start working on my application for next year

Well, sadly, all spots are filled for IS at UGA. Guess i'll start working on my application for next year

Sorry to hear it. I know that you were close. I was in a similar situation and IS waitlists are often tough to get off of. Just remeber that if there were 4 more spots in the class (or 7 in my case) you would be in! Next year is your year!

I'm taking a file review with LSU next week even though I'll be attending MSU. I think of it doesn't serve me for future endeavors, it may help other applicants in the future. I'll keep future tiger hopefuls posted! :)

Apparently one of the reasons I didn't get in was the formatting of my application -_- Plus other stuff Mizzou told me like getting a bit more large animal vet experience, and adding everything that has to to with animals, all my jobs, and all awards and such since high school. Though that means I should be really set for next year!

Apparently one of the reasons I didn't get in was the formatting of my application -_- Plus other stuff Mizzou told me like getting a bit more large animal vet experience, and adding everything that has to to with animals, all my jobs, and all awards and such since high school. Though that means I should be really set for next year!
Just out of curiosity, what about the formatting was off? I feel like most of the stuff in the application would have been formatted by VMCAS predominantly (in terms of how information was actually presented to the schools), unless they were talking about how you structured responses or something?

Honestly I kind of wish VMCAS would have "example" entries for each section - I think it would have helped me out a lot to see them.

Honestly I kind of wish VMCAS would have "example" entries for each section - I think it would have helped me out a lot to see them.
Yes, me too! Would've helped so much. Mostly the formatting was I used bullet points to outline all of what I did in my experience description sections and they didn't like that. I thought I was saving time and being concise, they wanted more of a brief outline and what I learned from working/shadowing there. They also didn't like the fact that I abbreviated in those sections (not in my personal statement) to vet, med, lab, undergrad, etc.

Yes, me too! Would've helped so much. Mostly the formatting was I used bullet points to outline all of what I did in my experience description sections and they didn't like that. I thought I was saving time and being concise, they wanted more of a brief outline and what I learned from working/shadowing there. They also didn't like the fact that I abbreviated in those sections (not in my personal statement) to vet, med, lab, undergrad, etc.
Huh, interesting. The only one I've heard of being a big pet peeve for people is "vet" instead of "veterinarian".

Does anyone have any information about Tufts waitlist? I know people received information from the school saying they weren't moving the waitlist... but on SDN alone (a small sample size) at least 5-7 people have denied their acceptance so I'm just confused how they wouldn't be moving the waitlist. Two of the people that denied their acceptance are IS and they are legally contracted to MA to have those seats filled by MA residents. Maybe they aren't moving it right now or something? Or has anyone heard otherwise? I've been waiting for someone to post about any sort of movement just so I can officially give up hope haha.

Also! I had my file review with Tufts in March and they informed me I wasn't accepted because my interviewers thought I was too nervous which made me seem unprepared during my interview and that my GRE scores (155/155/5.5) could be improved slightly, but that it was mainly my interview as to why I was waitlisted and not accepted. I don't know if this helps anyone, but I thought I would share!

Huh, interesting. The only one I've heard of being a big pet peeve for people is "vet" instead of "veterinarian".
It's pretty stupid. I think I used it a few times in my personal statement just because it's still an actual word, and there's a character limit...

Does anyone have any information about Tufts waitlist? I know people received information from the school saying they weren't moving the waitlist... but on SDN alone (a small sample size) at least 5-7 people have denied their acceptance so I'm just confused how they wouldn't be moving the waitlist. Two of the people that denied their acceptance are IS and they are legally contracted to MA to have those seats filled by MA residents. Maybe they aren't moving it right now or something? Or has anyone heard otherwise? I've been waiting for someone to post about any sort of movement just so I can officially give up hope haha.

Some schools do overaccept (accept more students than they officially have seats for) so that when you see people posting that they have declined spots, it's entirely possible that the number of acceptances Tufts has haven't dipped below minimum numbers to start calling waitlisted people.

It's pretty stupid. I think I used it a few times in my personal statement just because it's still an actual word, and there's a character limit...
I knew someone who had it as a huge pet peeve. If you said someone was a vet she would always ask where they served (I guess to point out that vet could also refer to a veteran?). Joke was on her, I once had a military veterinarian come speak for an event and when I called him a vet and she asked where he served I could actually tell her. :p

Over on the Minnesota board, someone said they gave up their OOS spot. I called prior to their post and the OSS wait list hasn't changed since the April 15th e-mail update. Well, it will move up one soon based on the post from half an hour ago.

Yep, that was me. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was wondering the same as well. I'm IS waitlisted at Tufts. I was accepted elsewhere, but I would love to stay in MA :(

I'm a student at Tuft's in a Master's program who was waitlisted OOS for vet school there and I met with the admissions office a few times. What I was told was that the class was full, not that they were not moving it yet. But they did say it may still move as things change through the summer. They certainly over-accept, and while they wouldn't tell me the exact number I was told it was often over 150% of the spots available were offered. So you'd need about 30-50 to deny, and more or less by the year. I have met vet students there who were accepted off the waitlist in June and some even in August!! So never give up hope, but do formulate a solid backup plan. =)

CSU Non-sponsored -- ACCEPTED!!!!! Got the call this morning and literally cried over the phone... :)

Reactions: 3 users