Waitlist Support Group 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any theories why the sudden movement? Could it be from the Yale, washu, etc movement recently?
I have an idea but nothing I can put in public!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Hopefully the fact that there is movement this late in the cycle means that there will be continued movement throughout the next month.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if there will still be trickle down movement at this point. Seems like people who are already accepted to a school are committed, and the ones who are accepting waitlists don't have acceptances yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if there will still be trickle down movement at this point. Seems like people who are already accepted to a school are committed, and the ones who are accepting waitlists don't have acceptances yet.
Some are, some aren't.

Members don't see this ad :)
@gyngyn are you made aware of acceptances offered by schools before the acceptees themselves are?
Only if the accepting school notifies AMCAS before notifying the applicant (and we have previously interviewed the applicant and made a decision).
I guess the other situation is if the acceptance is at my own school!

Only if the accepting school notifies AMCAS before notifying the applicant (and we have previously interviewed the applicant and made a decision).
I guess the other situation is if the acceptance is at my own school!

so about the boatload of UCLA acceptances you mentioned on Thursday, some acceptees have not been notified yet by the school??

When a school decides to reject the rest of the people off the waitlist

th

Ummm that is really scary. I'm sorry man. What school was it?

This is in reference to the new allopathic school that opened up in Florida, Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine....phew long name

This is in reference to the new allopathic school that opened up in Florida, Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine....phew long name

You have to call it the full name btw, or its an auto reject.

I read this and nearly had a heart attack at first since I just wrote Nova on this year’s secondary. Neuroticism at its finest man

I'm actually happy I don't have to fill out their secondary again.

Out of nowhere, a boatload of movement at UCLA.
Without sacrificing your privacy and anonymity can you give us a range of what you mean by a boatload. It's really hard to tell at this point what that means? Is a boatload like 5, 10, 15, 20, 25? Obviously you don't know every single acceptance but only the ones you overlap with.

Without sacrificing your privacy and anonymity can you give us a range of what you mean by a boatload. It's really hard to tell at this point what that means? Is a boatload like 5, 10, 15, 20, 25? Obviously you don't know every single acceptance but only the ones you overlap with.
Not with the precision you request.

Only made it on 1 waitlist this year (Loyola Stritch) and it's my top choice The waiting is torture! I wish there was a way to know if there's still hope for me and if my updates are helping.

In Stritch's email letting us know about our placement on the waitlist, they mentioned that they can let us know up until July 30th (the first day of classes) if we are accepted. Is it common to have acceptances coming out that close to the start date from a WL?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Only made it on 1 waitlist this year (Loyola Stritch) and it's my top choice The waiting is torture! I wish there was a way to know if there's still hope for me and if my updates are helping.

In Stritch's email letting us know about our placement on the waitlist, they mentioned that they can let us know up until July 30th (the first day of classes) if we are accepted. Is it common to have acceptances coming out that close to the start date from a WL?
Allegedly it happens

Any of you future MD people have a spot in Ohio University Heritage College of med (Ouhcom) and might give up your seat soon? lol Figured I'd ask here..

One of my friends got off the waitlist the day before orientation at a MD school. She also told me a couple of people were also accepted during orientation, before classes started. So anything can happen!

Reactions: 4 users
One of my friends got off the waitlist the day before orientation at a MD school. She also told me a couple of people were also accepted during orientation, before classes started. So anything can happen!

That trickle down!

Reactions: 1 users
Any signs of movement at Jefferson, anyone in but hoping to get off of another waitlist?

UCLA is still moving, so is GW.
Thank you so much for this update! Do you have any information on GW and how much movement still exists? I have heard sometimes people hear back as late as the end of July.

Thank you so much for this update! Do you have any information on GW and how much movement still exists? I have heard sometimes people hear back as late as the end of July.
All I can say is that new acceptances went out yesterday.

Does your adcomm group know that you're on here. If not, I feel like me participating in this is not ethical. Are these feelings unfounded?

I am confused by your feelings. Which part strikes you as unethical?

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.