Status
Not open for further replies.

Toutie

2+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2015
Status
Non-Student
No one will have any idea what is happening...even at their own school.
So then this thread will be pretty much useless next year...other than for emotional support. The only reports of movement will be by those accepted off a waitlist and post it in here.

Reactions: gyngyn
May 25, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
@gyngyn, question for you. Next year, with the new system in place, are you going to be able to post the waitlist movement you see like you typically do? Or will you be completely blind to any movement that is happening?
@gyngyn

What is the new system/changesbeing added for acceptances that's being implemented?

drdpmn

2+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2017
Status
Medical Student
I’m fortunate to have an acceptance, but I am having trouble 100% committing to this school, because I’m waitlisted at a different school that I’d greatly prefer. Their waitlist has been moving quite a bit. When do you give up, sign a lease on an apartment, tell your family to buy plane tickets for the white coat ceremony?

Apr 23, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Does anyone know if University of South Carolina SOM-Columbia is still moving through their waitlist?
A guy I work with told me a year ago his daughter went to sublease an apartment from a guy in July that already signed a lease but just got off the waitlist at USC-Columbia so he had to move, so it is still possible!

medschoolzombie

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2016
I’m fortunate to have an acceptance, but I am having trouble 100% committing to this school, because I’m waitlisted at a different school that I’d greatly prefer. Their waitlist has been moving quite a bit. When do you give up, sign a lease on an apartment, tell your family to buy plane tickets for the white coat ceremony?
Usual answer I hear is mid June

May 8, 2018
If you do a search of the forum, there is quite a lot of info about it.
I actually have the same question. I've seen posts about a new system, but I am not sure what it refers to exactly. I've searched several pages, but I don't know what the new system is really referring to, only that the system will affect waitlist movement in the future. Can someone tell me the name for this new system so that I can google it directly? Thanks!

MareNostrummm

D.O. Class of 2022
2+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2015
Status
For the schools that start in early July, is it safe to say that their class is full? Should I give up hope?
There's a chance the waitlist could move a couple people right before orientation. If you're one of the next 2-3 people in line you might have a chance.

Reactions: ProspAyDoc

ak-aka-dak

2+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2016
I actually have the same question. I've seen posts about a new system, but I am not sure what it refers to exactly. I've searched several pages, but I don't know what the new system is really referring to, only that the system will affect waitlist movement in the future. Can someone tell me the name for this new system so that I can google it directly? Thanks!
The 2018-2019 cycle is going to get turned upside down

Matthew9Thirtyfive

Class of 2023!
2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2016
Status
After an emotional rollercoaster of a cycle.. I was finally accepted off of a tier-2 waitlist at OUWB!

I interviewed at 4 schools & was waitlisted at 3! I had almost finished my application for next cycle and was a day or two away from hitting submit..
Congrats!

Reactions: Numbehs

MareNostrummm

D.O. Class of 2022
2+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2015
Status
After an emotional rollercoaster of a cycle.. I was finally accepted off of a tier-2 waitlist at OUWB!

I interviewed at 4 schools & was waitlisted at 3! I had almost finished my application for next cycle and was a day or two away from hitting submit..
Congrats that you finally made it!

May 25, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical

Congratulations! What a nightmare that you had to wait this long before finding out... :eek:

Reactions: Numbehs

kjbeeee

2+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2015
just called today and was told the class is full, but they wait until mid July before calling quits. hoping for an acceptance before submitting my primary for upcoming cycle!

Arturiase

2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2015
Missouri
Status
Pre-Medical
still on 1 watilist but no clue what rank, feels bad my transcript got lost so wont be until july till i get verified fml

May 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Got a phone call this morning from a school I'm waitlisted at confirming I'm still interested and they then said there's likely a spot for me and I'd likely get an email this afternoon but no such email has arrived... not quite sure how to interpret this lol.
What school was this?

Aug 30, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
As someone who did Grad work at Georgetown, you should def pick Mt Sinai!
Curious about your input: GW or GT? Im applying to both next cycle (if I dont get off these 2 WL.....) and I LOVE DC and GW has a lower avg debt but GT is often seen better (at least to program directors) and Im thinking that may be because of the prestige of the ungergrad and law school. What were your complaints besides the super old buildings and (from what I heard) disorganization problems?

Aug 30, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
How do you already have your secondaries done
Pre writing and already knowing the topics I wanted to talk about in a lot of my essays. Some took longer but others were short and easy because imo figuring out what to talk about is sometimes the most time consuming. I have a strong diversity statement and a unique adversity statement. Those have helped me bust out a lot of schools.

Jun 11, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Curious about your input: GW or GT? Im applying to both next cycle (if I dont get off these 2 WL.....) and I LOVE DC and GW has a lower avg debt but GT is often seen better (at least to program directors) and Im thinking that may be because of the prestige of the ungergrad and law school. What were your complaints besides the super old buildings and (from what I heard) disorganization problems?
I will break it down into a pros and cons list.

Keep in mind this is just MY opinion but many of classmates (even those who are going to GT) feel this way. I can however say that I did the SMP, which had me in courses with the med students so I know what I am talking about to some extent

Pros:

1. Prestige
2. Amazing Clinical Facilities at MedStar Hospital
3. Great Fellow Student Support
4. DC is a lot of Fun
5. Good Step Prep (from what I hear)

Cons:

1. Outdated Preclinical Facilities and Study Spaces
2. Systemic Disrganization on the part of the Administration
3. New Curriculum is causing a lot of Chaos and sporadic schedule changes
4. Georgetown is not a very happening area and is not very diverse
5. Students are NOT the happiest

Keep in mind that I went on 8 interviews so I saw my fair share of schools. Feel free to DM me with other questions.

Apr 2, 2018
Update from UA-Tucson: "Thank you for your continued patience. The UA COM waitlist has not moved since May and we do not anticipate much movement in the coming weeks. It is unlikely that we will offer additional acceptances during this cycle."

welp.

MareNostrummm

D.O. Class of 2022
2+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2015
Status
Update from UA-Tucson: "Thank you for your continued patience. The UA COM waitlist has not moved since May and we do not anticipate much movement in the coming weeks. It is unlikely that we will offer additional acceptances during this cycle."

welp.
Yup waitlist movement is nearing the end now...

Jun 11, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Is there a way to find out if a waitlist is ranked? Every time I call, they give me no information.
It depends on the school. Some of them do but I think they are mainly BS. The school I am matriculating at was very transparent about my waitlist situation. They let me talk to the Dean and Director of Admissions on multiple occasions about my status. Other schools I was waitlisted at kept me in the dark, which was a huge turn off.

gyngyn

Staff member
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
Is there a way to find out if a waitlist is ranked? Every time I call, they give me no information.
Most waitlists are unranked.
This gives the committee the flexibility to address unpredictable deficiencies in the class composition.
The very few schools that have a ranked waitlist will tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.