-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Waitlist Survivors c/o 2015!
Started by withoutane
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats again. 😀 It's so heartening for me as a waitlister to see other people get called off! And I'm TOTALLY jealous, Oregon looks amazing. The equine vet I used to work for went there and he's a wonderful vet and has always had great things to say about the school!
Fingers crossed that I get to add my name to the list soon.
Fingers crossed that I get to add my name to the list soon.
Congrats again. 😀 It's so heartening for me as a waitlister to see other people get called off! And I'm TOTALLY jealous, Oregon looks amazing. The equine vet I used to work for went there and he's a wonderful vet and has always had great things to say about the school!
Fingers crossed that I get to add my name to the list soon.
Thank you - I hope you get off your waitlist(s) soon! *knock on wood* 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's that time already! Hopefully the rest of you will hear good news soon! I'm seriously on cloud 9!
Oregon: withoutane (email, 4/4, IS)
Congratulations! Hopefully the rest of us waitlisters will be joining you soon.
Yeah! Congratulations! 😀
Hopefully, I'll be adding my name to the list in another 2-3 weeks...
Hopefully, I'll be adding my name to the list in another 2-3 weeks...

Yeah! Congratulations! 😀
Hopefully, I'll be adding my name to the list in another 2-3 weeks...![]()
Hopefully, me too!

Sooooo jealous that people are hearing back before April 15th!
I just spent almost $3,000 on a deposit for a school that I will drop like a bad habit if I get called off a different wait list.
Blarg.
😱
$3000?! Ack! Foreign program? And I was freaking about the possibility of having to drop $500!
😱
$3000?! Ack! Foreign program? And I was freaking about the possibility of having to drop $500!
Yeah....my deposit for Edinburgh was about $3k as well. Many thanks to my father for footing THAT bill for me. 🙄 Cause let's be honest, I don't have an extra $3k lying around!
😱
$3000?! Ack! Foreign program? And I was freaking about the possibility of having to drop $500!
UCD Ireland.
What sucks is that the US dollar has been slipping so it was $100 more expensive than if I paid it a month ago.
Ouch! Is the deposit that high for the entire class (including locals), or are they using it to deter foreign students from jumping ship in the event that they end up being offered a position closer to home?
Three grand is pretty brutal, especially if you're essentially using the school as a safety. (If not, I'm assuming everything ultimately goes towards tuition, which would make it a little easier to swallow.)
No knocks to Ireland or Edinburgh- I've heard great things about both... I'm just surprised the deposit's so hefty.
Three grand is pretty brutal, especially if you're essentially using the school as a safety. (If not, I'm assuming everything ultimately goes towards tuition, which would make it a little easier to swallow.)
No knocks to Ireland or Edinburgh- I've heard great things about both... I'm just surprised the deposit's so hefty.
Wow, that's really high. RVC was 1000 pounds (~$1600). I guess because I'm absolutely positive I'm going to RVC it wasn't a big deal. That's for international people, don't know how they handle the UK/EU people. Still high, but half the price. And yes, it does go towards tuition.
WTG!!!! I am so excited the waitlists are starting to move. CONGRATS!!
Thank you! I can't wait to see everyone else start getting calls!
Thats SO AWESOME withoutane!!!! Congrats! Your success gives me hope! I wish April 15th would hurry up and get here

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats and good luck to the rest of you. I like hearing about waitlist survivors the most!
It's almost time. Hang in there.
It's almost time. Hang in there.
D
deleted266066
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm
that the call will come on 4/18. It's probably too soon, but that's the ninth anniversary of my formal realization that I was serious about wanting to pursue a career in veterinary medicine... and considering how impossible it seemed at the time, I think getting called off the waitlist on the 18th would be kind of amazing.
(I remember the date because it was the day after the cat in my avatar was born... there were complications, and I was stuck tube-feeding him and giving him fluids. I'd been interested for years, since the arrival of our Immensely Defective Bunny, but for whatever reason, something just kind of clicked that afternoon. The rest is history. 😀)
that the call will come on 4/18. It's probably too soon, but that's the ninth anniversary of my formal realization that I was serious about wanting to pursue a career in veterinary medicine... and considering how impossible it seemed at the time, I think getting called off the waitlist on the 18th would be kind of amazing. (I remember the date because it was the day after the cat in my avatar was born... there were complications, and I was stuck tube-feeding him and giving him fluids. I'd been interested for years, since the arrival of our Immensely Defective Bunny, but for whatever reason, something just kind of clicked that afternoon. The rest is history. 😀)
Congrats and good luck to the rest of you. I like hearing about waitlist survivors the most!
It's almost time. Hang in there.
I am excited too! Part of it may be because I thought i was going to have to be waiting to hear from WSU (thank you, UCD!) However, I can't wait to see this thread blow up in the next couple weeks! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Hold on c/o 2015 - hope is not gone yet!
Thats SO AWESOME withoutane!!!! Congrats! Your success gives me hope! I wish April 15th would hurry up and get here![]()
Congrats, withoutane!
Thank you! I can't even count the number of times I've said/typed that phrase over the past day. I like that. 🙂
Very jealous! Congrats withoutane!
No news from anyone else?!
No news from anyone else?!
Very jealous! Congrats withoutane!
Thank you! Can't wait to hear when you get off a waitlist. 😉
We should oficially rename this thread the "The SDN Pre-Vet Party Thread" because anyone that posts on here has massive amounts of partying to do. 😀
The party is scheduled for this Saturday!

ooo ooo i want to join the party ... although I'll be frantically checking my phone at work after April 15th. I'm wait listed to Upenn and am holding off putting in my deposit to U Edinburgh till the last possible minute seeing as it is 1500 pounds bah! i feel for all you guys going abroad the deposit is killer :-(.
@ withoutane: congrats and do you know if oregon's deposit was due 15th and you heard early? maybe others may hear before the 15th?
i hope we all hear soon 🙂
@ withoutane: congrats and do you know if oregon's deposit was due 15th and you heard early? maybe others may hear before the 15th?
i hope we all hear soon 🙂
@ withoutane: congrats and do you know if oregon's deposit was due 15th and you heard early? maybe others may hear before the 15th?
i hope we all hear soon 🙂
Thank you! I think some schools, like Oregon, do contact students early. However, they are the exception to the rule I believe. Oregon's deposit is due on the 15th BUT I sent mine in right away! It was only $50, though. 🙄
I just saw on the acceptances thread that someone got called off of Auburn's waitlist!
I love seeing the wait lists move. Hopefully there's more of us on here soon! 🙂
👍
I love seeing the wait lists move. Hopefully there's more of us on here soon! 🙂
👍^Yes! VetVetVet got called off of Auburn's waitlist. Very excited for her and everyone else... now here's to hoping Auburn calls me... 😛
Random question that reading this thread made me think of, but I know for undergrads if you put a deposit down on more than one school, you cannot attend the schools (or so I've read/been told). Is it different for vet school so that if you have a deposit down at a school (or schools) for acceptance you are allowed to forfeit that deposit and put a deposit at another school and attend there instead? I'm not trying to hijack the thread, just reading that people are able to deposit and then change their minds made me actually think about it. And for those paying the large deposits for international schools, that's rough 🙁!
Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist! Hopefully everyone gets the news they want to hear soon!
I haven't posted in the declined offers thread yet, but I'm declining Michigan and Florida, so hopefully that makes someone on here very happy! (both out of state)
Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist! Hopefully everyone gets the news they want to hear soon!
I haven't posted in the declined offers thread yet, but I'm declining Michigan and Florida, so hopefully that makes someone on here very happy! (both out of state)
Random question that reading this thread made me think of, but I know for undergrads if you put a deposit down on more than one school, you cannot attend the schools (or so I've read/been told). Is it different for vet school so that if you have a deposit down at a school (or schools) for acceptance you are allowed to forfeit that deposit and put a deposit at another school and attend there instead? I'm not trying to hijack the thread, just reading that people are able to deposit and then change their minds made me actually think about it. And for those paying the large deposits for international schools, that's rough 🙁!
So as far as I know (anyone correct me if I am wrong) you can put down your deposit and withdraw from the school at any point. There are always unforeseen circumstances. I wouldn't broadcast to the school you withdraw from that you got a better position though. Some schools you lose your entire deposit other schools like the international schools refund a good bit of the deposit. It gets sticky I think when you have already paid first semesters tuition and then decide to withdraw late seeing as schools have different policies about refunding money. I learned most of this at my University of Prince Edward Island interview where my tour guide was 1 week away from flying to Ross and starting vet school when she got a call from UPEI that a spot opened up ... somehow in one week she went from the Caribbean to Canada. Not sure the financial hit but it is possible. Having said all this I am not sure about putting in two deposits at the same time ... that seems risky, but at any point you can withdraw from one school and accept to another. Hope this helps.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay Vetme!!!!
Kansas: vetme(call, 4-11, IS)
Awesome vetme!!!! Nice to see another successful waitlister!!
D
deleted266066
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Yay vetme! Too excited!
...will you send your GRE score to someone else? Has it already been sent? 😀 Aren't you glad you don't need it?
...will you send your GRE score to someone else? Has it already been sent? 😀 Aren't you glad you don't need it?
Good luck to the rest of you!
I hope all of us get to live our dreams!

I hope all of us get to live our dreams!Congrats vetme!!!! Hit me up with any questions!
Wow - congratulations vetme! That is pretty awesome news to receive on a Monday!
Awesome vetme!!!! Nice to see another successful waitlister!!
Wahoo vetme! Looking forward to this thread exploding by next week!
Yay vetme! Too excited!
...will you send your GRE score to someone else? Has it already been sent? 😀 Aren't you glad you don't need it?
TT, STW and I think that you should run another randomizer for the loot. STW Has not sent out the goods, so they can go to someone else! BTW YES I am super glad that I don't have to take the GRE!!!!!
OH YEAH, I will def let you know if I need questions answered.Congrats vetme!!!! Hit me up with any questions!
grats, vetme! 🙂
Wow - congratulations vetme! That is pretty awesome news to receive on a Monday!
Ahhh!! Congrats VetMe, withoutane and thevetvetvet! I think this thread might be one of my absolute favorites. I'mthat lots more of you WLers get to add your name in the next few weeks!
THANK YOU everyone for your kind words, and good luck to those of you still waiting

Congratulations, vetme!
My laptop is out of commission, so I haven't been on much as of late (I'm at the parentals' nightshifting with some orphaned kittens at the moment and making use of theirs)... so excited to see the good news! 😀
My laptop is out of commission, so I haven't been on much as of late (I'm at the parentals' nightshifting with some orphaned kittens at the moment and making use of theirs)... so excited to see the good news! 😀
Oregon: withoutane (email, 4/4, IS)
Kansas: vetme(call, 4-11, IS)
Wisconsin: PocoCalypsoQH (call, 4/12, IS)
Kansas: vetme(call, 4-11, IS)
Wisconsin: PocoCalypsoQH (call, 4/12, IS)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oregon: withoutane (email, 4/4, IS)
Kansas: vetme(call, 4-11, IS)
Wisconsin: PocoCalypsoQH (call, 4/12, IS)
WHOO HOO! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL!!!!!

TT, STW and I think that you should run another randomizer for the loot. STW Has not sent out the goods, so they can go to someone else! BTW YES I am super glad that I don't have to take the GRE!!!!!
Okay, I will set something up! 🙂
UCD Ireland.
What sucks is that the US dollar has been slipping so it was $100 more expensive than if I paid it a month ago.
Same exact thing for me. When I checked the first time I was like, 'Crap $2,600!!!'. I waited a while and then it was, 'CRAP!!! 2,800!!!'. When I finally went to the bank it ended up costing me $2,999. 🙁
Congrats guys! 

for everyone still waiting, the big date is coming up soon!


for everyone still waiting, the big date is coming up soon!. . . since I declined the offer, but I thought I'd let you know that the waitlist is at least moving. Congrats to all survivors!
Oregon: withoutane (email, 4/4, IS)
Kansas: vetme(call, 4-11, IS)
VMRCVM: pooter (call, 4/11, IS MD) (declined)
Wisconsin: PocoCalypsoQH (call, 4/12, IS)
Oregon: withoutane (email, 4/4, IS)
Kansas: vetme(call, 4-11, IS)
VMRCVM: pooter (call, 4/11, IS MD) (declined)
Wisconsin: PocoCalypsoQH (call, 4/12, IS)
