Washington Applicants c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I just had my interview yesterday, and it went pretty well. Make sure to check out the Interview Feedback; I posted all my info, and I hope it's helpful! Good luck to everyone who still has to interview! If anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to PM me and ask!

Members don't see this ad.

Email notifications are supposed to be going out today for everyone that had interviews last week!! Good luck everyone!!

Email notifications are supposed to be going out today for everyone that had interviews last week!! Good luck everyone!!

How nerve racking! Good luck everyone! I can't WAIT to be in your shoes NEXT week! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know, everyone gets a notification....but I could be wrong. I know that the people that did not get interviews got emails later than the invite emails, but they might do things differently for actual acceptances and rejections.

Just got an email that I was accepted! Yay! I'm instate btw. Hope everyone else gets good news soon too!

accepted! In state also. I'm excited to meet my future class mates!

I'm so excited to meet my future classmates too!!

wahoo wsu c/o 2015!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay!!! :D:D I am so happy for all of you!!!! Just a few months and you guys will be moving to Pullman and going to COLE!!! So exciting!!!

Now take some time to relax before school starts in August!!! If you guys have any questions about housing, Pullman, or school don't hesitate to ask!!!

I'm gonna be there, fellow C/O 2015!

(After years of deliberating and also letting go of the UK! ;))

congratulations, everybody!!! So exciting! :) :) :) :) :thumbup:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my acceptance yesterday...WSU here I come!:D:D:D I can't wait to meet all of you SDNers who'll be in my class!:love:

Yay! We should totally have an SDN meetup at the end of the summer :highfive:

does anyone have any advice on the best places to look for housing for people with pets? I've heard everything from certain apartments to trailers...i don't even know where to start!

does anyone have any advice on the best places to look for housing for people with pets? I've heard everything from certain apartments to trailers...i don't even know where to start!

Good question! I'm wondering that too. I'd looked through apartments when I went to WSU to interview last week... think I looked at most of the places in Pullman and a few in Moscow. GoGrove - http://www.gogrove.com - looks really, really nice and they do allow pets, but I'm not sure about the commute and I'm really not fond of paying a non-refundable pet deposit and monthly pet fee with my rent.

What do you current WSU students think about housing?

I got quite a few recommendations from current students to consider living in Moscow. Apparently there haven't been issues with residency... but I'd verify to be sure.

The one thing that Moscow has that Pullman does not is the co-op. That might be a big factor in my decision. :)

I have already been down to look at apartments when I interviewed, and there are a few places in Pullman that allow pets. A really nice place is Birch Hills, operated by Dabco. Super new apartments that have wood floors, a dog park, dog wash, etc. They're $595/mo, but there isn't any additional pet fees.

Another apartment complex that allows pets is Campus Commons; it's a bit older, but still nice. They have a deposit of $250/pet up to 2 pets, and then it's $25 extra a month added to your rent.

Many vet students live in trailers because they have a yard, so that's an option. The WSU CVM main office has a binder of all of the trailers for rent and sale by current vet students, so maybe you could call and see if you could get that info?

I hope this helps you out and you find what you're looking for...who knows, we could end up being neighbors!:)

that all sounds great! I heard too that when we get our acceptance packages there will probably be some info about housing :)

So...Barb will send out a packet of housing info with one of your acceptance info packets. It will have all the rental and sale stuff that vet students want to classify (it is pretty much the info from the binder that was in the interview waiting room).

I know that several vet students do live in Birch Hills, and a few live in Campus Commons. Birch Hills is pretty expensive, but it is really nice because there is a dog park area as well as a dog wash area. Campus Commons is older and the apartments are a little smaller, but they are still nice. I live in Golden Hills, one of the manufactured home parks where a ton of vet students live. There are several trailer parks, and the rooms go quick in them since most have fenced yards. I don't know a lot about Moscow, but I do know that several of my classmates live there and they like it.

You can always look on craigslist too. My advice would be to look early!!! Housing fills up really fast here, especially if you want to bring pets.

As a side note, I am looking for a roommate if anyone is interested!!

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to all the out of staters interviewing next week! It is a very busy exam week for us so forgive us if we all look a little frazzled!

On the housing issue, I highly recommend the trailer option if you have pets. I have two big dogs and I don't know what I would do without my fenced yard and doggy door, especially on days when I'm at school for 12+ hours without getting home to let them out. I bought my trailer for pretty cheap, and between my mortgage and lot rent it is still less expensive than a lot of apartments. Most of the parks have a lot of professional and graduate students, and are overall quiet and safe places to live despite the slightly unclassy trailer park atmosphere :)

Congrats to all those accepted, quite an accomplishment!

I have my interview this week. Friday actually, flying out Thursday IF the snow decides to wait for me to get out of Philly. Fingers crossed...

Any advice for those of us still waiting to interview. I have had one interview so far, but from all that I have heard, they can range from completely terrifying to kind of relaxed and enjoyable, the latter of which I experienced. Anywho, not looking for answers or anything, just curious about their interview style!

Congrats to all those accepted, quite an accomplishment!

I have my interview this week. Friday actually, flying out Thursday IF the snow decides to wait for me to get out of Philly. Fingers crossed...

It seems like Friday is right around the corner but seems 75 years away all at the same time!!

Any advice for those of us still waiting to interview. I have had one interview so far, but from all that I have heard, they can range from completely terrifying to kind of relaxed and enjoyable, the latter of which I experienced. Anywho, not looking for answers or anything, just curious about their interview style!

Started out really relaxed... four person panel with a pitcher of ice water, cups, and box of tissues (?! LOL) in front of me, had some hard questions later (ie opinion, have you read this article, what do you think of this or that subject, etc) and one curveball question which I'd tried to prep for (I did at least look up the important political people from the state I'm attending undergrad in and state I claim residency in!) but that may have been just a "how-does-the-applicant-handle-themself-when-they-don't-know-the-answer" type of question. Really hard interview to prepare for, don't know if mine was typical or not. I interviewed in KS a couple days before and it was much more relaxed.

Just arrived in Pullman today for my interview on Tuesday! I am going to tour the school tomorrow and attend the pizza mixer tomorrow night. I have never been to the school before today and it looks awesome! My airport shuttle dropped me off right across the street from the teaching hospital. I just gazed at it longingly while waiting for a taxi in the snow to take me to my hotel. Being here in Pullman makes everything more real and I'm excited! Good luck to everyone who interviews this week!:luck::luck:

Ahhh I can't help from clicking on the threads for schools I've been rejected from, it's just so automatic to click on anything from my list when it pops up. Anybody else doing the same?
And :xf: for the threads that I actually should be looking at where I still have a chance! Good luck everyone still in the running for Wash, I'm jealous! :)

I have had one interview so far, but from all that I have heard, they can range from completely terrifying to kind of relaxed and enjoyable, the latter of which I experienced. Anywho, not looking for answers or anything, just curious about their interview style!

Mine was very relaxed and enjoyable. I had a panel of 3, and they were extremely friendly and put me right at ease. It felt like a conversation, not like being grilled. I'd say at least half of the questions were to learn more about me (ie directly related to my application), and then the other half were things like "what would you do in this situation". I didn't get any current events questions, but some people I talked to did. It wasn't nerve-wracking at all, except for the fact that I knew in my mind how important it was!

Just arrived in Pullman today for my interview on Tuesday! I am going to tour the school tomorrow and attend the pizza mixer tomorrow night. I have never been to the school before today and it looks awesome!

On my interview day/tour/pizza mixer, I was very impressed by the hospital (which I'd heard was fabulous but never seen for myself) and also how friendly everybody is. The current students were super welcoming and took the time to come talk to all of us prospective students. It made me want to to go WSU even more than I did already. (If any of you SDN'ers were in that group, you gave a great first impression of your school!)

Good luck to all of you OOSers! At least they make decisions super fast, they don't keep you waiting long.

:xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf:

thanks for the advice, sounds very similar to my other interview, maybe even easier. I interviewed for RVC and although it went really well, I got grilled about research related stuff, which is very unfamiliar territory to me... but was much more relaxed during the vet related material. There was even a point that I had to say "sorry, let me collect my thoughts." So even when you think you bomb, you don't!

Heylodeb, when is your interview? I feel like I am going to be there all alone on Friday! haha I am excited and yes it seems like weeks away, and yet it is right around the corner. The flight is going to be, well, torturous.

What's the dress for the pizza mixer? Casual, business casual?

BTW, congrats on getting in everybody!

You only need to wear your interview clothes for your actual interview. Most people changed for the tour and going to the pizza mixer. I saw everything from suits to jeans. Totally up to you by that point.

GOOD LUCK!!

Wait, where does it say that there are no more "extemporaneous essays" on the WSU website during the interview process? Mine's this week....

James

Thanks! Ill see everyone wednesday at the mixer. I'll be the one in the pink jumpsuit.

Yaaay! I got my official acceptance letter in the mail today!! Would I seem too eager if I sent in my acceptance offer page tomorrow? Ok, so I'm still SUPER excited!!

Good luck to those of you who are interviewing! Mine was very laid back and comfortable, with no really hard questions.

wahoo WSU CVM c/o 2015!!

Yaaay! I got my official acceptance letter in the mail today!! Would I seem too eager if I sent in my acceptance offer page tomorrow? Ok, so I'm still SUPER excited!!

Good luck to those of you who are interviewing! Mine was very laid back and comfortable, with no really hard questions.

wahoo WSU CVM c/o 2015!!

Congratulations!!!!! :) :) :) :)

wahoo WSU CVM c/o 2015!!

CONGRATS!! We'll be classmates!! :banana:

And as soon as that packet arrives for me I'm sending back that acceptance page, same day. I don't care if they think I'm too eager, I can't wait :D

Let's get the party started! Headed out to WSU today.... good luck to everyone interviewing over the next couple days!!

:luck:

Best wishes to everybody on their interviews. Knock 'em dead! And be sure to come back here and tell us how it went. :thumbup:

I'm rootin' for y'all! :luck:

Anyone know how many OOS'ers are interviewed each year compared to how many they accept? I'm just looking for numbers to crunch to keep me busy ;)

Well, last year, 556 applied and they accepted 25. And you can ask an admissions person how many are interviewing. For IS, I think they did like 30-40 interviews per day. May be less for OOS, I'm not sure.

A word of warning: knowing the stats did NOT make me feel better! But of course, I wanted to anyway :rolleyes:

:luck:Good luck everybody! Keep us posted!:luck:

source: http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ProspectiveStudents/stats/

When I was up there for my interview earlier this week I asked the same question (how many people were invited vs. how many are accepted) and I was told they were interviewing about 40 OOS people per day the 5 days this week but no one was entirely positive who I asked. It didn't make me feel any better... :scared:

When I was up there for my interview earlier this week I asked the same question (how many people were invited vs. how many are accepted) and I was told they were interviewing about 40 OOS people per day the 5 days this week but no one was entirely positive who I asked. It didn't make me feel any better... :scared:

I asked today and was told that they are interviewing 150 OOS'ers and most likely accepting 50 or so. Not too bad of "odds"