Washington Applicants c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just sent in my acceptance! I chose to email Barbara instead of sending in the letter. Did anyone else find it strange that there were only two papers in the 'packet'? I thought we were getting financial aid information and housing information, among other things. Is there going to be a second packet?

Members don't see this ad.

Just sent in my acceptance! I chose to email Barbara instead of sending in the letter. Did anyone else find it strange that there were only two papers in the 'packet'? I thought we were getting financial aid information and housing information, among other things. Is there going to be a second packet?

Eventually you get a ginormous packet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview = over!
oops - hit send without finishing my note. :)
Such a great experience here at WSU - the feel of the school is great, my interview was definitely conversational and easy to follow. I was asked a couple ethical questions along with some questions about my understanding of how much debt I'll be getting into. :)

I feel like it went well but time will tell! March 7th can't get here fast enough.

Last edited:
word! such a great day overall!

hurray for sdner's meeting up at interviews. now for the wait... :luck:

So glad to hear your interviews went well, guys! Hope you get good news soon! :xf:

So I'm not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself, but should accepted students fill out the fasfa already? And is it the same procedure as the undergrad, except you tell them you're going to vet school? Any advice??

The priority deadline for the FAFSA is February 15th; you can go to this link to get more information on the financial aid process for the WSU CVM:
http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ProspectiveStudents/misc/VetMedRecruit-Spring2010.pdf

and if we have yet to receive an acceptance? my dad always handled my undergrad loans, and I just pay them when they send stuff in the mail. Now I am on my own, and literally have no idea what is going on. God help me...
guess its time to start reviewing that document. Thanks idahoequestrian!

Ahhh, didn't see that Health Professional Loan until it was too late! That's what I get for not checking SDN! :laugh:

And they did say that even if you haven't received an acceptance you should do the FAFSA anyway, just in case.

Does anyone know when we'll start to hear final decisions from WSU???

Ahhh, didn't see that Health Professional Loan until it was too late! That's what I get for not checking SDN! :laugh:

And they did say that even if you haven't received an acceptance you should do the FAFSA anyway, just in case.

Ok, now I'm confused... I just needed to fill out the parental section right??

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, now I'm confused... I just needed to fill out the parental section right??

Yeah, sort of like if you fill it out as an undergrad who *has* to put their parental info down...except this time, it doesn't affect how much you get for the FAFSA, it just applies to that Health Professional Loan.

Yeah, sort of like if you fill it out as an undergrad who *has* to put their parental info down...except this time, it doesn't affect how much you get for the FAFSA, it just applies to that Health Professional Loan.

I was planning on calling FAFSA to get more information on this. Unfortunately, I missed the deadline yesterday because I procrastinated and then realized one of my W2's was at work... :mad:

ANYWAY - my parents will not be taking out any loans for me (I'm married and have been away from home for 7+ years...) Will their information still help me with a Health Professional Loan?

I will try to get the scoop on decisions for you guys today...no guarantees though!

I know it is a day late, but if you haven't filled out your FAFSA make sure you request Work-Study funding! Even if you aren't sure if you want to work during school, I would recommend it. I told myself I did not want to work at all, and then decided to apply for a job in the hospital because they understand our schedules and limitations. I didn't have work-study so it made it much harder to convince them to hire me and you cannot go to the financial aid office and ask for it part way through the semester.

Good Luck everyone!

heylodeb, we are two peas :laugh:

I too failed to do anything with the FAFSA. My dad has all my w2 stuff, given to someone to do our taxes.

I may be smart (debatable), but I have not a clue when it comes to this kind of stuff...

am I screwed for WSU? I didn't have to get this done for any other schools to my knowledge. Did I mention this stuff confuses me... :scared:

heylodeb, we are two peas :laugh:

I too failed to do anything with the FAFSA. My dad has all my w2 stuff, given to someone to do our taxes.

I may be smart (debatable), but I have not a clue when it comes to this kind of stuff...

am I screwed for WSU? I didn't have to get this done for any other schools to my knowledge. Did I mention this stuff confuses me... :scared:

Don't worry. I didn't do my financial stuff until like July when I was accepted. You'll be fine. Basically everyone has similar access to loans. ~$8,500/yr in subsidized stafford and then beyond that it all collects interest while in school. I think you can take out almost $30k a year in loans. I'm not totally sure, I've never tried to take out the max amount.

Long story short, no need to worry now if your fafsa is a little late.

And not a lot of people get the health professions loan. It's a very small amount if you do - less than $1,000. Don't stress.

Have you all received some kind of packet? I got the acceptance e-mail, but nothing in the mail yet...and I don't mind calling to ask, but I don't want to be "that girl" that calls to bug them when they're getting around to sending it out...thoughts?

I saw Dr. Talcott yesterday and she said they are still trying to make decisions. Sorry guys!

Have you all received some kind of packet? I got the acceptance e-mail, but nothing in the mail yet...and I don't mind calling to ask, but I don't want to be "that girl" that calls to bug them when they're getting around to sending it out...thoughts?

You'll get an official acceptance letter in the mail; it's not really a packet, just a letter and a form you have to return accepting your acceptance. Barbara Hodson (Admissions secretary) said they'll be sending out the huge packet at the end of April. See, I already did the bugging for you! Also, I can't wait to meet you, my fellow classmate!!!!!!!!! :D

You'll get an official acceptance letter in the mail; it's not really a packet, just a letter and a form you have to return accepting your acceptance. Barbara Hodson (Admissions secretary) said they'll be sending out the huge packet at the end of April. See, I already did the bugging for you! Also, I can't wait to meet you, my fellow classmate!!!!!!!!! :D

Yay! Great minds think alike, obviously :D

Oh, me too! I can't wait to get there and meet everybody and start classes!
(I'm going to reread this statement right before our first exams, and laugh.)

Just got my acceptance email!!!!!! I interviewed on 2/7!

YAY :) :) :) :) So excited!!!!

Good question! I'm still waiting to hear from three more schools - my in-state included- so I've got a while before I make any decisions. I really loved WSU when I was there, and I'll be visiting Oregon in a few weeks as well! Gah!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Just got my acceptance email!!!!!! I interviewed on 2/7!

YAY :) :) :) :) So excited!!!!

Wow! SO much earlier than we were expecting!!!! CONGRATS!!

*returns to repeatedly refreshing her e-mail*

:scared:

Yay!! I was just accepted :) This is my top choice and I can't wait to receive the packet in the mail to officially accept the admission offer. I can't wait to meet everyone and move out of AZ!

Yay!! I was just accepted :) This is my top choice and I can't wait to receive the packet in the mail to officially accept the admission offer. I can't wait to meet everyone and move out of AZ!

Grats to you too!

Sorry to be crazy annoying, but what day did you interview? I know we can't predict these things but I'm freaking out (of course) since I didn't hear anything.... :p

Grats to you too!

Sorry to be crazy annoying, but what day did you interview? I know we can't predict these things but I'm freaking out (of course) since I didn't hear anything.... :p

hang in there buddy! I have yet to hear a word from them. It's still early in the week!

Grats to you too!

My interview was on 2/8... i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. Good luck!!!

Yay! I am so happy for you guys that have received your acceptances!! For those of you that haven't heard yet, don't stress!!!!

I look forward to seeing all of you in the fall!

Yay! I am so happy for you guys that have received your acceptances!! For those of you that haven't heard yet, don't stress!!!!

I look forward to seeing all of you in the fall!

I have decided that waiting POST interview is actually worse than waiting to hear about getting an interview. For sure.

I am also fighting off a HUGE urge to call the admissions office and straight up ask if they were all sent out. Does anyone know if they sent them out in batches or all in one day last year?

Sorry to be so crazy paranoid! :love:

(and also greatly apologize if I gave anyone a heart attack by bumping the thread! :p)

*goes and sits in corner attempting to look calm and collected* lmao!

I have decided that waiting POST interview is actually worse than waiting to hear about getting an interview. For sure.

I am also fighting off a HUGE urge to call the admissions office and straight up ask if they were all sent out. Does anyone know if they sent them out in batches or all in one day last year?

(and also greatly apologize if I gave anyone a heart attack by bumping the thread! :p)

I have not heard either!!! Don't panic. I might text you that too so you don't go too crazy. Remember, no news is good news, right? ;)

Oh, it's SO much worse!!! I would literally just sit staring at my e-mail for longer periods of time than I'd like to admit. I stayed up until like 2am every day (it's 9 hours later here than in WA) so that I wouldn't "miss it"...as if an e-mail is something that can be "missed" like a phone call. When my friends and family tried to point that kind of thing out to me I just got cranky :laugh:

If you look on the acceptances c/o 2014 thread, you can see interview date vs. date of notification. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=679083&page=16

GOOD LUCK! I've got my fingers crossed for all of you :xf:

time to bump the thread!

So received, unexpectedly, a nice little letter with the WSU emblem on it. Experience shows that good things come in those big packages. Nevertheless, with shaky hands, I open my letter. Big bold letters: ALTERNATE.
So... even though the interview made me feel really good about everything, and the students there were awesome, I just didn't make the cut as of right now.

Everything happens for a reason though, good luck to everyone else still patiently waiting! Just wanted to share my semi-bad news.

time to bump the thread!

So received, unexpectedly, a nice little letter with the WSU emblem on it. Experience shows that good things come in those big packages. Nevertheless, with shaky hands, I open my letter. Big bold letters: ALTERNATE.
So... even though the interview made me feel really good about everything, and the students there were awesome, I just didn't make the cut as of right now.

Everything happens for a reason though, good luck to everyone else still patiently waiting! Just wanted to share my semi-bad news.

*sigh* I will nervously be awaiting my mail box as well. ugh. why do I have to work till 5 today?

*sigh* I will nervously be awaiting my mail box as well. ugh. why do I have to work till 5 today?

such torture!
Had the cards been dealt differently heylodeb, and I got in and you got an alternate seat, I woulda been like "hey, I may just go to Europe with the boy... give my spot to Deb, thanks!"
Sadly, it is not so. Fingers crossed for you!!!!

such torture!
Had the cards been dealt differently heylodeb, and I got in and you got an alternate seat, I woulda been like "hey, I may just go to Europe with the boy... give my spot to Deb, thanks!"
Sadly, it is not so. Fingers crossed for you!!!!

I've been waitlisted, too. I'm discouraged but trying to think positively. If I am supposed to be at WSU, I'll be called off the waitlist. There's nothing else I can do. :cool:

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, though! :)

aw man, you guys (WSU) don't know what you're missin!

ps. I want more Cougar Gold...

I've been waitlisted, too. I'm discouraged but trying to think positively. If I am supposed to be at WSU, I'll be called off the waitlist. There's nothing else I can do. :cool:

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, though! :)

Sorry to hear that. Just got the letter in the mail and I'm in the same boat Figure all I can do now is sit back have a drink and see how it all plays out. Its worked out to this point :D.

I've been going back and forth on whether or not I would want a roommate for next year, but right now I'm thinking the pros outweigh the cons. It would be nice to meet someone, since I don't know anyone at WSU yet, rent is cheaper, my kitties would be alone less...I do have two cats, so it would have to be with someone who either has one or no cats. My girls seem to do ok with dogs, but the older one is not great around other cats; I'm still working on integrating the two of them.
Anyway, I've been looking at these apartments, although I'm open to other options: http://www.terreviewcrossingapts.com/property_home_page/home?page_name=floorplans

I have a friend who used to live there, and she says it's a decent, pet-friendly option close to campus and on a bus-line to WSU. If you're interested, let me know! :)

Last edited:
I've been going back and forth on whether or not I would want a roommate for next year, but right now I'm thinking the pros outweigh the cons. It would be nice to meet someone, since I don't know anyone at WSU yet, rent is cheaper, my kitties would be alone less...I do have two cats, so it would have to be with someone who either has one or no cats. My girls seem to do ok with dogs, but the older one is not great around other cats; I'm still working on integrating the two of them.
Anyway, I've been looking at these apartments, although I'm open to other options: http://www.terreviewcrossingapts.com/property_home_page/home?page_name=floorplans

I have a friend who used to live there, and she says it's a decent, pet-friendly option close to campus and on a bus-line to WSU. If you're interested, let me know! :) My e-mail is _**_____**__

You might want to "edit" your message to remove your e-mail address. Since this is a public forum, it'll be picked p by every spammer droid and your e-mail inbox will become useless... ;) Just ask folks to send you a private message instead. :)

I just sent in my acceptance offer and am now looking to find a roommate. I'm open to anything- house, apartment, etc. I won't have any animals but I sure don't mind them being around. Ideally I'd like something with my own bathroom. Anyway, if anyone is looking for a roommate send me a message- I'm really flexible and am planning on making a trip up there to scope out some places. I'd love to hear from anyone with recommendations on some good places to live too!

I have a friend who is a first year this year looking for room mates for next year. PM and I will give you her information.

Congratulations to all the future Cougs out there!

I'm the top contributor to this thread...for some reason that made my day! haha... might not last but it amuses me.

SOOOO - who got accepted as an OOS and wants to give me their spot instead???? I make a mean pan of brownies...just sayin. :whistle::ninja:

SOOOO - who got accepted as an OOS and wants to give me their spot instead???? I make a mean pan of brownies...just sayin. :whistle::ninja:

You won't regret it, I can promise you! Well, I have not had the brownies, but I can only imagine they're delish.

I have good feelings about a spot opening for you... besides, they stressed how optimistic one should feel about being an alternate. Still felt like a slap in the face too me. I thought, well, what did I do wrong? I imagine this is how girls feel who date and don't get called back...

Being on the waitlist sucks. Unfortunately I don't have brownies to offer to like helodeb. Does anyone know how many people are given alternate status? I know three other people at my school alone who are on the alternate list. Just gets nerve racking

You might be able to call/e-mail and ask? That seems to be something people do...the admissions crew is really nice; I doubt they'd mind too much if you ask nicely about your chances, I think that's a legitimate question.

Last edited: