WashU (St. Louis) vs Rosalind Franklin (Chicago)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temeraire03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I hope everyone is doing well.

I have a huge dilemma: WashU vs Rosalind. The quality/type of education and being away from family are two factors I'm worried about. I'm from Chicago, and Rosalind would be a 30-40 minute commute, cutting costs in half b/c I wouldn't dorm. I talked to the professors and students there, who mentioned they stress inter-professional studies, which is nice (I think?). WashU is a 5 hour drive/2 hour flight and I would get an apartment. From conversations I've had with a graduate and 3rd year student, movement systems impairment is where PT is headed and this is stressed at WashU. I've also heard the diagnostic techniques taught at WashU are innovative and unique when compared to other programs.

Would I be shooting myself in the foot if I went to Rosalind? Would it be better to go to WashU b/c of their education? What factors did you guys use in deciding? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from Illinois as well,and I went to Rosalind Franklin's open house a few months ago. Oe thing that appealed to me in particular is that in the 3rd year of the program, you have the option to pursue a variety of professional development classes, such as learning how to manage your own independent clinic, pursuing teaching, etc. You can only choose one route, but I feel that those kinds of knowledge and wisdom will be crucial in how you want to use PT to pursue your professional life. From what I am aware of, most schools just solely help you prepare for the boards/ licensure to be a PT, and not much else. Rosalind Franklin would be one of my top 3 choices when I apply this summer for sure. Are you applying next cycle?