WCVM or UCVM C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey peeps, may be a dumb question but WCVM doesn't have a restriction on course load do they? I can't remember if someone told me otherwise or not. I'm only registered for 4 in both semesters this year and I'm wondering if that's frowned upon.

Great to see you're applying again! Did you consider moving to SK?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, it's on the flow chart for sure! Thanks :)

Hey guys. I am a student at U of A and I am finishing up my degree this year. I want to apply to Veterinary Medicine at WCVM and I was wondering what GPA I should strive for to make me a successful candidate. I have experience at a vet clinic and with large animals as well.

It would be especially nice if the people that got accepted this year can put some input.

Thanks a lot guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I am a student at U of A and I am finishing up my degree this year. I want to apply to Veterinary Medicine at WCVM and I was wondering what GPA I should strive for to make me a successful candidate. I have experience at a vet clinic and with large animals as well.

It would be especially nice if the people that got accepted this year can put some input.

Thanks a lot guys!

While it's true that a kickass GPA can get you a first round interview, the college admits people with a cumulative average as low as 75% - many second rounders with lower grades still get in. Definitely aim high (at least a 3.6 to be competitive), and keep getting experience with animals however you can. Also, don't forget that volunteering in non-animal related fields is important too (you want to be an asset to the community), and embrace any opportunities for leadership roles. If you don't follow current events, it would be a good idea to start reading the news and taking note of any animal related themes, as well as what's going on in the world in general. There is a new thread for 2018 hopefuls - this is the link. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=14359155#post14359155. SDN is an invaluable asset, especially when you're going through the application process, and the people on it are a little family all experiencing the same stresses and dreaming the same dreams. Hopefully we'll see you next year!

Hey WCVM peeps!

Some UCVM folks will be making a road-trip to your place the weekend of Sept 28/29. Anyone interested in getting together? I'm not sure of the itinerary, but there's probably time in there somewhere....:)

I believe we're staying with WCVM students for the couple nights as well.

Absolutely! We'll have to figure out timelines, but I'd be down for sure.