Whiskers_to_Toebeans
WesternU CVM c/o 2030
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind share the what it said on the email?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you mind share the what it said on the email?
I've seen comments from people who haven't even applied this particular cycle receiving the email, so I think their email system is maybe a little wacky (?). Check your portal too just in case, as it is also on my portal.I have an interview this Tuesday and I never received anything about scholarships, kinda weird. I would love the opportunity to apply for one.
I have an interview this Tuesday and I never received anything about scholarships, kinda weird. I would love the opportunity to apply for one.
Thank you !!
It's around 30 min and it's a pretty standard interview. Just be yourself, it's very chill. It's the kind of interview that doing the VMCAS prepares you for, you know?Has anyone interviewed already that can provide feedback? How was the style of interview and any advice on how to prepare for it?
I think they’re sending them out still!Is western still sending out interview invites or am I out of luck if i haven’t received one?
What do you mean by doing the VMCAS? Western's interview is very behavioral question based from everything I have gathered.It's around 30 min and it's a pretty standard interview. Just be yourself, it's very chill. It's the kind of interview that doing the VMCAS prepares you for, you know?
Based off last year's thread it looks like they sent invites out in January and scheduled through February (not sure if they scheduled past that and people just didn't post). It also looks like they released their decisions mid-March. This year they are saying by the end of March for decisions.Is western still sending out interview invites or am I out of luck if i haven’t received one?
Have you already toured/visited Western? If not, I would advise doing so before risking losing a for-sure seat somewhere else.I’m concerned with decisions coming out in March because the school that has already offered me a seat needs a decision by February 2. Western is my dream school so that’s a big risk.
Which school? If you’re willing to share? Does their class start earlier in the year?I’m concerned with decisions coming out in March because the school that has already offered me a seat needs a decision by February 2. Western is my dream school so that’s a big risk.
Nooooo, what 😢 even later than last year?Based off last year's thread it looks like they sent invites out in January and scheduled through February (not sure if they scheduled past that and people just didn't post). It also looks like they released their decisions mid-March. This year they are saying by the end of March for decisions.
Did they give you a different timeframe when you interviewed? I was hoping it would be sooner, but based on last year I was realistically thinking it would probably be March/April anyway. 😕Nooooo, what 😢 even later than last year?
I think they said March but didn’t mention the end of March. I was hoping it might be earlier in March this year since they started interviews so much earlier compared to last year.😕Did they give you a different timeframe when you interviewed? I was hoping it would be sooner, but based on last year I was realistically thinking it would probably be March/April anyway. 😕
Yes and I live close by. It’s my top choice.Have you already toured/visited Western? If not, I would advise doing so before risking losing a for-sure seat somewhere else.
Is LMU making you pay for a fall seat early?Early decision dates are for LMU and SGU. I’m waiting decisions on some other schools that I’m hoping line up better with western. Have you guys gotten any decision deadlines yet?
Unfortunately I would not think so. They mentioned that they don't even want the Fall transcripts of those who are interviewing until they get accepted. The campus is closed for 2 weeks, but I know some people have interviews scheduled in mid-January. They may still be sending invites out, as last year they seemed to schedule out through February. In speaking with staff I get the sense that they are very meticulous in hand-picking their class (even how they move people off their alternates list-- the list is not ranked), so there may still be opportunity for interview invites to still roll out if they don't find everyone they are looking for in the interviews they are already conducting.I have yet to be invited for an interview… would sending my fall transcripts and new vet experience hours since September help bump me up in the queue?
That’s interesting becuase mine says April 15thI just received this email from LMU stating they’re moving their deadline to March! View attachment 413069
Unfortunately I would not think so. They mentioned that they don't even want the Fall transcripts of those who are interviewing until they get accepted. The campus is closed for 2 weeks, but I know some people have interviews scheduled in mid-January. They may still be sending invites out, as last year they seemed to schedule out through February. In speaking with staff I get the sense that they are very meticulous in hand-picking their class (even how they move people off their alternates list-- the list is not ranked), so there may still be opportunity for interview invites to still roll out if they don't find everyone they are looking for in the interviews they are already conducting.
I have seen that too, but I am not sure if that is old information or not (the document I've seen it on was a few years old). Based off what the staff member was mentioning, I'm not sure the lottery system is accurate (but I don't know for sure).View attachment 413151
I kinda just learned it's a lottery system after passing interview scores which makes me a little nervous
CorrectJust wanted to confirm… Western doesn’t want fall 2025 transcripts until after admission?
They told us during our interview decisions should be out by march, so I don’t expect them to interview past late January/ early February maybeJust out of curiosity, does anybody have an interview scheduled for later this month or February? I know they have people scheduled this coming week, but just wondering how far out they are still interviewing at this point.
That's what I was told in my interview too and was also assuming (late January/early February), based off what people posted on last year's thread, but was just curious. 😊They told us during our interview decisions should be out by march, so I don’t expect them to interview past late January/ early February maybe
Yes, it’s on zoom!Hi everyone! My interview is Tuesday but the interview is over zoom correct? The link in the email they sent doesn’t work yet so just wondering, thanks!
Definitely late March- early April. I know someone who heard back the day of the April 15th deadline lolWhen do we except acceptances to start coming out? I know they said March but last year I didn’t hear from them until much later.
I am in the same boat. I just emailed asking if my application is still in consideration, I will update here if/ when I get a response.Anyone else still in radio silence? Still waiting to hear anything - interview invite, rejection, even just an acknowledgment that they're still reviewing applications. The waiting is brutal!
Just curious if others are in the same boat or if I should start mentally preparing for a soft rejection.
I was just told they’re still reviewing applicationsI am in the same boat. I just emailed asking if my application is still in consideration, I will update here if/ when I get a response.
I was looking at last year's thread and as far as I can tell it didn't look like they sent rejections before they sent acceptances/alternates out. I think they either sent maybe some rejections out at/around the same time or lingered with the rejections (or maybe both). Did you get accepted somewhere else? If not, they recommended still taking your prerequisites just in case you still get an offer (they mentioned that during the interviews), as if you get on the alternate list you can be offered a seat all the way until the second week of class starting in August.Do they send rejections earlier than March? I doubt I’m getting in but I kinda want to be left off the hook already from taking Physics w/ in person labs….
I also received the email. I submitted the form way back in like September when they originally asked. This is the only correspondence I have had from them since then. I do plan on emailing them to confirm whether or not I should submit it even though an interview chance at this point feels unlikely.I know it’s quite late to be expecting an interview invite, however, I just received an email saying im missing my repeated coursework form which I am not. Did anyone that didn’t get an interview invite get this too? Is it worth emailing them about it even though they’re likely done interviewing?
If they are still requesting you to submit at this point I think it’s worth a shot! That means they took a look at your application as of recently, you never know if they might roll out some more interviews through March..I also received the email. I submitted the form way back in like September when they originally asked. This is the only correspondence I have had from them since then. I do plan on emailing them to confirm whether or not I should submit it even though an interview chance at this point feels unlikely.
I'm in the same boat - I haven't interviewed either but received this email. I submitted a repeated coursework form back in September, so I'm guessing this might be a system glitch. Planning to reach out to them to clarify.I know it’s quite late to be expecting an interview invite, however, I just received an email saying im missing my repeated coursework form which I am not. Did anyone that didn’t get an interview invite get this too? Is it worth emailing them about it even though they’re likely done interviewing?
Please let us know if they say anything! I’m in the same boat and I am sure I submitted the form in September.I'm in the same boat - I haven't interviewed either but received this email. I submitted a repeated coursework form back in September, so I'm guessing this might be a system glitch. Planning to reach out to them to clarify.
I got a similar response for those who were wondering.I think they are having system glitch issues. I interviewed in December and just received this email, which doesn't make any sense since applications were due months ago.
View attachment 414596
Somebody on one of the FB groups posted a few days ago that they received an interview invite, but that's the only recent mention I've seen about invites.I got a similar response for those who were wondering.
I also inquired about interviews, and their respsonse was that for the last 2025 cycle, interviews continued until February. That could be the case this 2026 year as well, but the interview timeline is ultimately determined by the admissions committee.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.