-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western c/o 2020
Started by battie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ Don't ignore this. I paid a buttload for a last minute hotel room when I interviewed. Also, I totally think you're my neighbour.
Haha there is a very good chance! And yes, hotel rooms suck. Plus they're lonely, and who wants that?
Good luck to everyone who has received an interview invite!
Does anyone know when Western will stop sending out interview invites? I have been waiting for three weeks and still no invite, so I'm just preparing for a rejection at this point 🙁
Does anyone know when Western will stop sending out interview invites? I have been waiting for three weeks and still no invite, so I'm just preparing for a rejection at this point 🙁
Last edited:
D
deleted498041
I may have lied. We may still be neighbours but I thought you were a different neighbour! But yes, definitely see if you can find someone to stay with to cut down on costs and keep sane during the interview.Haha there is a very good chance! And yes, hotel rooms suck. Plus they're lonely, and who wants that?
I have been waiting for three weeks and still no invite, so I'm just preparing for a rejection at this point 🙁
No need to freak out yet. They had a lot of people submit in the last 24 hours the application was open so it may take a few more weeks. I still haven't heard yet, either.
Do they email you if you get an interview invitation?Just got my interview invite!!! Super excited and nervous. I picked November 9th, AM session. See some of you there!
Do they email you if you get an interview invitation?
Yes
Congrats to everyone getting invites! I'm so jealous 🙁
When I called western they said they do not send email invites according to who submitted their application first.. They see them at random.. Meaning whatever pile they get to they go through.. The last interview date is Nov 16 they said.
When I called western they said they do not send email invites according to who submitted their application first.. They see them at random.. Meaning whatever pile they get to they go through.. The last interview date is Nov 16 they said.
No need to freak out yet. They had a lot of people submit in the last 24 hours the application was open so it may take a few more weeks. I still haven't heard yet, either.
I'm still hoping that I will get an invite! I guess I'm just extra-invested in Western because it is one of my top choices and I will just be really disappointed if I don't get in. 🤔 Plus, some of my friends from school have received invites and they got their application review email after I had received mine, so I'm just a bit worried.
Last edited:
Congrats to everyone getting invites! I'm so jealous 🙁
When I called western they said they do not send email invites according to who submitted their application first.. They see them at random.. Meaning whatever pile they get to they go through.. The last interview date is Nov 16 they said.
Thanks for the information! I really hope that I'm still in the "to be reviewed file".... Also, if I do get an interview invite, I hope I can get a date other than the 16th, as that is my brother's wedding!
I called them and they said that if they had already reviewed your file and were not selected for an interview then they would have notified you already!Thanks for the information! I really hope that I'm still in the "to be reviewed file".... Also, if I do get an interview invite, I hope I can get a date other than the 16th, as that is my brother's wedding!![]()
I called them and they said that if they had already reviewed your file and were not selected for an interview then they would have notified you already!
Really?!?! We still have a chance then!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted483969
^ Don't ignore this. I paid a buttload for a last minute hotel room when I interviewed. Also, I totally think you're my neighbour.
Congrats to everyone who got interviews! I'm a current 2nd year and haven't been on this messageboard in years but just wanted to see how the future class of 2020 is doing. Anyway, we've been asked to clear out our PBL rooms for interviews, so it's looking like it's gonna be an MMI process which I'm very sorry to say. It feels like a big step backward since one of the reasons I came to WesternU is I had such a good time during the interview process when it was actually an interview!
On that note, I also interviewed at several schools across the country and stayed mostly in hotels. Once though I couchsurfed and it was so much fun and so much less lonely🙂 So though I was on edge, the hosts took me around and were super warm and I had a blast! This was in Ames, IA btw. So if you're coming to interview here, I live in a large house in Claremont, it's a really nice and safe neighborhood 10 mins away from campus. We're a bunch of 2nd and 3rd year vet students and have an extra bedroom with a bed we'd be happy to let you crash on. Also there are aminals. Lots of aminals. PM me or email me at [email protected] or something and we'll figure it out.
Just got my interview invite today! Do you still have a couch open? hahahHaha there is a very good chance! And yes, hotel rooms suck. Plus they're lonely, and who wants that?
Good luck to everyone who has received an interview invite!
Does anyone know when Western will stop sending out interview invites? I have been waiting for three weeks and still no invite, so I'm just preparing for a rejection at this point 🙁
I received my interview invite last year the day before Thanksgiving for only one possible interview date in December...
How accurate are the sample interview questions for Western from the SDN tab?
Does anyone have more information on how their interviews are? I know they are MMI but it seems like there are only two. How does that work? I have my interview on Saturday! I'm so nervous but cannot wait to see the school. I'm flying in from Maryland on Friday.
Me too! 🙂Got my confirmation around 24 hours after I put in my preference dates--I'm scheduled for the afternoon session next Saturday!
Is anyone else here a Canadian applicant, out of curiosity? I'll be making the trek from Ottawa next week!
D
deleted498041
Congrats to everyone who got interviews! I'm a current 2nd year and haven't been on this messageboard in years but just wanted to see how the future class of 2020 is doing. Anyway, we've been asked to clear out our PBL rooms for interviews, so it's looking like it's gonna be an MMI process which I'm very sorry to say. It feels like a big step backward since one of the reasons I came to WesternU is I had such a good time during the interview process when it was actually an interview!
On that note, I also interviewed at several schools across the country and stayed mostly in hotels. Once though I couchsurfed and it was so much fun and so much less lonely🙂 So though I was on edge, the hosts took me around and were super warm and I had a blast! This was in Ames, IA btw. So if you're coming to interview here, I live in a large house in Claremont, it's a really nice and safe neighborhood 10 mins away from campus. We're a bunch of 2nd and 3rd year vet students and have an extra bedroom with a bed we'd be happy to let you crash on. Also there are aminals. Lots of aminals. PM me or email me at [email protected] or something and we'll figure it out.
It is MMI this year -- it's on the school website somewhere.
But yeah, definitely take this guy up on his offer! He's super cool, if me vouching for him means anything!
Dunno. They changed it to MMI. I'd still read it, but anything goes this year.How accurate are the sample interview questions for Western from the SDN tab?
They changed it to MMI this year. Your guess is as good as anyone else's.Does anyone have more information on how their interviews are? I know they are MMI but it seems like there are only two. How does that work? I have my interview on Saturday! I'm so nervous but cannot wait to see the school. I'm flying in from Maryland on Friday.
What is everyone wearing?! 🙂
I can't believe I'm heading to California tomorrow! My interview is in two days! So much excitement and nerves.
Question for those who have interviewed before: should we bring a bag with us the day of the interview? To hold a notepad, water bottle, snacks, etc? Or is that unnecessary? I know the interviewers don't see our application before the interview, should we bring a resume or anything like that?
Question for those who have interviewed before: should we bring a bag with us the day of the interview? To hold a notepad, water bottle, snacks, etc? Or is that unnecessary? I know the interviewers don't see our application before the interview, should we bring a resume or anything like that?
Good luck everyone in the interviews coming up! I was just wondering in regards to the interview---- I know the format will be MMI, but will ALL the questions be behavioral/situational questions or will they still be asking traditional interview questions also?
Have never been more annoyed with VMCAS in my life. My prerequisite worksheet was blank. -_-
Have never been more annoyed with VMCAS in my life. My prerequisite worksheet was blank. -_-
So was mine. Western was cool about it though. I just sent it again via email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my interview invite today! Do you still have a couch open? hahah
yup! Congrats on your interview!!! when is it? Feel free to DM me and we can work out details 🙂
I can't believe I'm heading to California tomorrow! My interview is in two days! So much excitement and nerves.
Question for those who have interviewed before: should we bring a bag with us the day of the interview? To hold a notepad, water bottle, snacks, etc? Or is that unnecessary? I know the interviewers don't see our application before the interview, should we bring a resume or anything like that?
Some people will bring a bag or large purse to store stuff so you definitely can. I wish I had been smart enough to bring flats that I could wear during the tour since my heels were mega uncomfortable. Just make sure it is a bag that matches your outfit since you will probably be taking it with you into the interview. You will get lunch and water etc. also, so having a bag is definitely helpful in that regard.
Good luck everyone in the interviews coming up! I was just wondering in regards to the interview---- I know the format will be MMI, but will ALL the questions be behavioral/situational questions or will they still be asking traditional interview questions also?
Unless they've changes it from last year, the format is all behavioral/situational type questions.
Had my interview today and was very excited for it over the past couple of weeks. I enjoyed the actual interview portion as well as the sample of what PBL is like at the end of the day during lunch. Would definitely recommend wearing business professional attire. You are given a bag at check in so you don't need to bring a bag if you don't want to. I just brought a notebook, my ID, and cell phone. Snacks and lunch are provided!
Last edited:
Some people will bring a bag or large purse to store stuff so you definitely can. I wish I had been smart enough to bring flats that I could wear during the tour since my heels were mega uncomfortable. Just make sure it is a bag that matches your outfit since you will probably be taking it with you into the interview. You will get lunch and water etc. also, so having a bag is definitely helpful in that regard.
Unless they've changes it from last year, the format is all behavioral/situational type questions.
Thanks! That is helpful 🙂
So I'm from Central Texas and yesterday we had record flash flooding and rain. My original flight yesterday was cancelled, and I got put on a different flight. Then that one was delayed, then cancelled. The airline agent said my best bet was to drive an hour and a half to the airport in the neighboring city and catch a flight there. I drove to said airport and my flight was delayed for hours. There was no way I was going to make the last connecting flight of the night to California at that point. So I missed my interview this morning and yesterday was probably one of the most stressful days of my life.
LUCKILY I spoke to someone at Western and I was able to get my interview date changed! I am very thankful they were understanding of my situation. And I was able to get refunds on my flights, hotel, and car rental. But I was so ready to have my interview today!
I think the moral of this story is to give yourself plenty of travel time when possible. I will be leaving two days in advance for my next interview :/
@sarakittykat what date are you interviewing now?
ouch sarakittykat, that really stinks. I'm so sorry to hear you missed your interview, what a bummer. Glad you were able to get it changed though! One of my favorite things about this school is the amazing faculty and staff, they are amazing at everything they do, especially working with the students. Hopefully your next flight is far less stressful!
Traveling a few days in advance is definitely a good option. Far less stressful and gives you a chance to relax before the interview.
Traveling a few days in advance is definitely a good option. Far less stressful and gives you a chance to relax before the interview.
Some people will bring a bag or large purse to store stuff so you definitely can. I wish I had been smart enough to bring flats that I could wear during the tour since my heels were mega uncomfortable. Just make sure it is a bag that matches your outfit since you will probably be taking it with you into the interview. You will get lunch and water etc. also, so having a bag is definitely helpful in that regard.
Unless they've changes it from last year, the format is all behavioral/situational type questions.
Thank you! That's good to hear-- will be prepping as much as I can. Hope I get the nerves out.
Got my e-mail saying that my application is in review. The next two weeks will be awesome.
My interview is November 14th now. I was told Novemeber 16th is the last interview day.@sarakittykat what date are you interviewing now?
My fingers are crossed for you!! I'm sure you'll get one and maybe I will see you on the 14th 🙂
I was told Novemeber 16th is the last interview day.
I wish there was some consistency. In the e-mail they sent me, they said that interviews were happening through the end of December.😕
Is this the first year Western is conducting their interviews in an MMI format?
Is this the first year Western is conducting their interviews in an MMI format?
Yes
Maybe I misunderstood then. They said Novemember 16th is the last date they have scheduled, so they probably meant currently scheduled.I wish there was some consistency. In the e-mail they sent me, they said that interviews were happening through the end of December.😕
Hey, you never know! They might only be doing November interviews. lol. I just wish that they gave everyone the same information, you know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted498041
Class size is 105.Does anyone know how many students they're accepting out of all the students that got invited for interviews? I think last year someone posted it was 100 students out of 400 students total o:
Does anyone know how many students they're accepting out of all the students that got invited for interviews? I think last year someone posted it was 100 students out of 400 students total o:
Class size is 105.
So they would accept probably around 150ish to 200, give or take? I feel like that's a decent estimate.
Do you guys know then how much interview invites were given out then?
I don't know about Western specifically, but the average seems to be about 300 interviews are granted.
My date choices are November 7th and 9th -- hopefully I'll run into some of you guys there!