Western C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My theory is right before 5PM. So they can walk out the office like byeeeee without getting a million calls and emails. They can just deal with it all on Monday morning.
To be fair, that's probably what I would do. Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Afternoon/evening, all!

We thank you for your patience during this stressful time. The decisions have been received and are being processed into the system for notification. The system will automatically send out the notifications as soon as the decisions for all interviewed candidates are entered and verified. We unfortunately do not have an exact time to provide you as to when the notification will go out.

We ask that you bear with us a bit longer as we await the notifications. We unfortunately cannot provide any status updates by phone and ask that you do not contact our office by phone for that information. We sincerely apologize for the continued delay and hope for the best for each of you. You have all worked very hard to get this far and you should be proud of that accomplishment.

I will post again in the forum as soon as the notifications have gone out. Until then, fingers-crossed!

All the best,

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Afternoon/evening, all!

We thank you for your patience during this stressful time. The decisions have been received and are being processed into the system for notification. The system will automatically send out the notifications as soon as the decisions for all interviewed candidates are entered and verified. We unfortunately do not have an exact time to provide you as to when the notification will go out.

We ask that you bear with us a bit longer as we await the notifications. We unfortunately cannot provide any status updates by phone and ask that you do not contact our office by phone for that information. We sincerely apologize for the continued delay and hope for the best for each of you. You have all worked very hard to get this far and you should be proud of that accomplishment.

I will post again in the forum as soon as the notifications have gone out. Until then, fingers-crossed!

All the best,

GREAT NEWS! Decisions have been processed and the system should begin sending out the messages within the next few hours. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck everybody, here we go!

ACCEPTED! YIPPEEEEEE! just had an update on my Western application portal!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted as well!! First post ever and I'm jumping around my room!!

Reactions: 4 users
Keep looking for my dose of encouragement this round and I'm get waitlisted everywhere...sucks :( Great job on acceptances!!

Reactions: 2 users
Keep looking for my dose of encouragement this round and I'm get waitlisted everywhere...sucks :( Great job on acceptances!!
I’m waitlisted too no biggie I’m keeping hopeful

Accepted! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
They go through their waitlist pretty far I think. Chin up. Waitlist is still huge! Where have you been waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m waitlisted too no biggie I’m keeping hopeful
Good you should be!! :) I'm just so worn down this is my 3rd go.. I don't think I can go through this all again.

Waitlisted: LSU, Western
Denied: Ohio and Missouri.
Waiting on 6 other schools

I think you should still be optimistic and proud! I got waitlist here too but accepted elsewhere and I’m still waiting on quite a few others. So you never know what each school is looking for. I’m a strong believer in everything is pre-planned and happens how it’s supposed to and will work best for that person.

I think you should still be optimistic and proud! I got waitlist here too but accepted elsewhere and I’m still waiting on quite a few others. So you never know what each school is looking for. I’m a strong believer in everything is pre-planned and happens how it’s supposed to and will work best for that person.
Thanks that's what I needed!! I'm just so frustrated. I definitely have way more interviews than I have ever had, so I gotta be someone's cup of tea!

Exactly! I applied last year too and didn’t get in so I get it. It definitely sucks. But each interview means they think we could actually be a great vet in their program which is a huge compliment. There’s just so many people applying.
Thanks that's what I needed!! I'm just so frustrated. I definitely have way more interviews than I have ever had, so I gotta be someone's cup of tea!

Alternate... Kinda bummed. Trying to stay positive. :(

Michigan, K State, Minnesota, Auburn, Iowa, Illinois.
I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in, honestly. I know Michigan and Kansas accept a significant portion of those that interview, so you have good odds there. I’m not too sure about the numbers at Minnesota or Auburn, though. You did make top 150 at LSU, which means you’re probably in that bracket at most of these schools and in a fantastic position. The numbers also look to be in your favor being waitlisted at Western and LSU as OOS, as the waitlists seem to really move at both.

It is a bummer that it’s your third try, but I am very impressived by your perseverance and dedication. I really hope you get in this cycle. I’m rooting for you!

Last edited:
Alternate :( guess it’s better than a rejection? Congrats to everyone else!

Accepted!! This is my first post, but my second time around for applying. I was waitlisted last year at a couple of schools, so I know it can be hard not to get discouraged. Don't give up hope. The alternate list at this school seemed to have a good amount of movement last year, so you still may get a call!

I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in, honestly. I know Michigan and Kansas accept a significant portion of those that interview, so you have good odds there. I’m not too sure about Minnesota or Auburn, though. You did make top 150 at LSU, which means you’re probably in the bracket at most of these schools. The numbers also seem to be in your favor being waitlisted at Western and LSU as OOS, as the waitlist seems to really move at both.

It is a bummer that it’s your third try, but I am very impressived by your perseverance and dedication. I really hope you get in this cycle. I’m rooting for you!
Thanks this is really helpful/encouraging!! Vet med literally feels like home to me every day at work! I just couldn't give up when I have such a passion for It! Here's to hoping my big moment happens sometime soon :xf:

Accepted!!! This is my IS school. This is my first acceptance and I am without words right now. This is also my 3rd time applying so please everyone don't loose hope on your dream.

Reactions: 6 users
Extremely fortunate to have been accepted!

3rd time applying and I’m an alternate. Does everyone not accepted get put on the alternate list? I’m so discouraged

3rd time applying and I’m an alternate. Does everyone not accepted get put on the alternate list? I’m so discouraged
If I'm remembering correctly from last year, I think some people were rejected after interviews. So, I don't think everyone who interviews but is not accepted is made an alternate. I know it's tough, but try not to be too down about it. You may still get in. It took me many years to even get up courage to try applying, and then another year of taking prerequisite classes before finally being accepted. Stay positive and things will work out.

Alternate. Does anyone know how big their alternate list ends up being?

Does anyone remember how many people they tend to pull off of the alternate list? I want to say that they told us during interviews that half of last year's incoming class was pulled off the list. Maybe I'm remembering wrong...

ACCEPTED!!! :soexcited: This is my 3rd cycle! I was waitlisted last year.

Reactions: 5 users
So, they don't start pulling people off the list until april? I remember them saying at the interview day that if a spot opens up, they call the next person on the alternate list. If nobody answers, they hang up and cross your name off, and you're done. That process gives me anxiety, so I want to make sure I know when I need to start gluing my phone to my forehead.

So, they don't start pulling people off the list until april? I remember them saying at the interview day that if a spot opens up, they call the next person on the alternate list. If nobody answers, they hang up and cross your name off, and you're done. That process gives me anxiety, so I want to make sure I know when I need to start gluing my phone to my forehead.

I’m not sure how they will do it this year (perhaps call/email and ask when the time comes), but for my year, once the decision deadline past in April, people on the alternate list were notified via email. They gave them 1-2 weeks to decide (can’t remember the specific timeline). Again, not sure if they will change anything this year, but wanted to ease your anxiety in case they don’t change much from the past couple years regarding choosing alternates!

Last edited:

The reason people say April is because everyone with an acceptance has until April 15th to make their decision on which school they want to accept. You are encouraged to let each school know your decision as early as possible but they can’t force you to say until April 15th.
So Western has put out acceptances to their ideal class but if today someone goes ahead and let’s them know they will be attending another school, theoretically they can go ahead and pick someone from the alternate list today. But since everyone knows they have time to decide- very few people will be rejecting acceptances this soon unless their first choice school already let them in. Some people don’t have their schools ranked and may have to wait until all their choices are in front of them to decide which school they want to go to. Not all schools are done interviewing and selecting their classes so you can see why you can be an alternate for awhile.
That being said, I very much doubt if you miss their call that you miss your opportunity to attend as long as you get back to them. I’m sure the window to make your decision will be small since they know many alternates are ready to attend but not so small that one missed call means you are out. You may even get off the waitlist for more than one school and then you have a decision to make.
But maybe I’m wrong. That’s a great question for Admissions. You could call and politely let them know you are an alternate and you know they will contact you by email or phone but ask how long an alternate candidate has to decide if they want the spot. You can even ask how much time does a student have if the student doesn’t reply say because they missed the email or call. Basically, how long does a non-responsive candidate have until the school has to move on or do they attempt to reach you more than once.

As an alternate I’m in the boat with you. And my next interview is this month. But I was hoping for a yes just so I can say it doesn’t matter I’m in somewhere. I’m down to 3 schools this round:

Western: Alternate
Midwestern: Invitation to Interview
Penn: Waiting to hear back

The reason people say April is because everyone with an acceptance has until April 15th to make their decision on which school they want to accept. You are encouraged to let each school know your decision as early as possible but they can’t force you to say until April 15th.
So Western has put out acceptances to their ideal class but if today someone goes ahead and let’s them know they will be attending another school, theoretically they can go ahead and pick someone from the alternate list today. But since everyone knows they have time to decide- very few people will be rejecting acceptances this soon unless their first choice school already let them in. Some people don’t have their schools ranked and may have to wait until all their choices are in front of them to decide which school they want to go to. Not all schools are done interviewing and selecting their classes so you can see why you can be an alternate for awhile.
That being said, I very much doubt if you miss their call that you miss your opportunity to attend as long as you get back to them. I’m sure the window to make your decision will be small since they know many alternates are ready to attend but not so small that one missed call means you are out. You may even get off the waitlist for more than one school and then you have a decision to make.
But maybe I’m wrong. That’s a great question for Admissions. You could call and politely let them know you are an alternate and you know they will contact you by email or phone but ask how long an alternate candidate has to decide if they want the spot. You can even ask how much time does a student have if the student doesn’t reply say because they missed the email or call. Basically, how long does a non-responsive candidate have until the school has to move on or do they attempt to reach you more than once.

As an alternate I’m in the boat with you. And my next interview is this month. But I was hoping for a yes just so I can say it doesn’t matter I’m in somewhere. I’m down to 3 schools this round:

I just remember them saying that during the information session. I'm sure you have some time to decide after that initial offer, but I think they were talking about the initial call with the offer. I remember them saying that they don't leave messages and they immediately move on to the next person on the list if nobody answers. I immediately panicked because I work 12 hour shifts at an emergency hospital.

I'll call tomorrow and find out the deets. I'll let you guys know when I find out!

Is It weird I only know my status via portal? I never got an email anyone else in the same boat?

I just remember them saying that during the information session. I'm sure you have some time to decide after that initial offer, but I think they were talking about the initial call with the offer. I remember them saying that they don't leave messages and they immediately move on to the next person on the list if nobody answers. I immediately panicked because I work 12 hour shifts at an emergency hospital.
I remember them saying this too in my interview day and I was scared for the reason that I don' have good service were I work at, but yes definitely call and find out!

Anyone know if theres a facebook group for the class of 2022?

Anyone know if theres a facebook group for the class of 2022?

Hi Everyone and Welcome Future Class of 2022!

There is a Facebook group created for your class which is accessible once you all have your WesternU email addresses, which I believe you get when you officially accept your seat. That’s a great way to ask questions about the school since current students will also be part of that group and people have found roommates that way as well. It’s called WesternU DVM c/o 2022.

See you in the fall!!!

omg Tilly I’ve seen you on Instagram

Hi Everyone and Welcome Future Class of 2022!

There is a Facebook group created for your class which is accessible once you all have your WesternU email addresses, which I believe you get when you officially accept your seat. That’s a great way to ask questions about the school since current students will also be part of that group and people have found roommates that way as well. It’s called WesternU DVM c/o 2022.

See you in the fall!!!

Me as an alternate:
put-me-in-coach-memegenerator-net-20942694.png

In all seriousness, I emailed admissions today to get the details for the whole alternate process. I'll let you guys know when I hear back. They're closed today for the holiday. Congrats to all of you that were accepted!

Reactions: 7 users