You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western C/O 2022 Applicants
Started by greeneyegal92
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck!Oh good. Thanks! I interview tomorrow. Butterflies are abundant!
Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile
For those of you who interviewed, where did you end up checking in for the day's activities?
Check in is at the Veterinary Clinical Center (VCC) and then later your interviews are held at the Veterinary Medical Center (VMC).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!Check in is at the Veterinary Clinical Center (VCC) and then later your interviews are held at the Veterinary Medical Center (VMC).
Just got an invite!! Interviewing on December 4!!
Hi guys quick question.
When I was at the interview and admissions was giving their presentation, it seemed to me like everyone who interviewed either got an acceptance or waitlist. There was no rejection after this point. Did that occur to anyone else? Or am I wrong?
When I was at the interview and admissions was giving their presentation, it seemed to me like everyone who interviewed either got an acceptance or waitlist. There was no rejection after this point. Did that occur to anyone else? Or am I wrong?
I don’t think so because they interview around 400 applicants. They seat only 105, but accept like 70 more because they know many will either get into an instate school or chose another cheaper alternative. But as for alternates maybe there’s more? I think in previous threads there were people who were rejected after the interview.Hi guys quick question.
When I was at the interview and admissions was giving their presentation, it seemed to me like everyone who interviewed either got an acceptance or waitlist. There was no rejection after this point. Did that occur to anyone else? Or am I wrong?
Hi guys quick question.
When I was at the interview and admissions was giving their presentation, it seemed to me like everyone who interviewed either got an acceptance or waitlist. There was no rejection after this point. Did that occur to anyone else? Or am I wrong?
I was an alternate last year so I hope they don’t waitlist the remaining people who weren’t accepted because that would be like 200 people
I thought I remember them mentioning that they send out acceptances, alternates, and rejections.
D
deleted889359
Everyone has had interviewed previously, how was the vibe? I have mine on Dec 4 and feel extremely nervous. Ahhhh
@Brucemydog The interview is not bad at all! So do not stress yourself out! The people who interviewed me were so sweet and they really just wanted to get to know you as a person. The interview itself was more like a conversation and made me feel super calm which helped. I know its impossible to not be nervous, but it really was not bad. Everyone, the students and faculty, were very welcoming and willing to answer any and all questions.
They did tell me that the interview was standardized. They had tablets and when I answered a question they would hit a certain button. Not sure how I felt about that, but they did try to make it conversational despite that.
D
deleted889359
@DrAlex2022 Wow, that's interesting. But also makes me a tad bit nervous too.
Don't let anything get in your head. Just "study" yourself the night before to get your head in the game and be yourself! They just want to see who you are as a person!
Hi! I prepared a couple of stories that I thought could relate to a couple of questions and turns out I didn’t use any of them!! My first interview was very conversational, easy going. But my second, was a little more difficult. It was hard for me to read the interviewers and there was less of a vibe. The questions are definitely doable though! The rest of the day is VERY INFORMATIVE! I recommend staying for all the sessions. You will do great and after you can rest 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else in committee review? I’m starting to feel like if I haven’t gotten an invite by now I probably didn’t make the cut lol
Is anyone else in committee review? I’m starting to feel like if I haven’t gotten an invite by now I probably didn’t make the cut lol
Mine is still in committee review and has been since the 6th. I called this morning and they said they are still sending out interview invites, and send them out as applications are reviewed.
oh that's relieving to hear!Mine is still in committee review and has been since the 6th. I called this morning and they said they are still sending out interview invites, and send them out as applications are reviewed.
yeah i was freaking out too thinking that I had been rejected and they just hadn't notified me yet, but I'm still holding on to hope!!oh that's relieving to hear!
Totally the same feeling!Is anyone else in committee review? I’m starting to feel like if I haven’t gotten an invite by now I probably didn’t make the cut lol
That’s good to hear but has anyone heard of anyone who has been rejected yet? Makes me wonder if they are sending out all the rejections at once?Mine is still in committee review and has been since the 6th. I called this morning and they said they are still sending out interview invites, and send them out as applications are reviewed.
That’s good to hear but has anyone heard of anyone who has been rejected yet? Makes me wonder if they are sending out all the rejections at once?
one of my friends did receive a rejection email. She never got the email saying "your application is now in review." makes me think that they reject some right off the bat and do a full review on others before sending interview invites?
the rejections could only be for people that didn't have the prereqsone of my friends did receive a rejection email. She never got the email saying "your application is now in review." makes me think that they reject some right off the bat and do a full review on others before sending interview invites?
I just got an interview invite!! 😀
Interview invite!!!!! So happy! Thought I was for sure rejected!
Yayyy! Congrats guys! you can do it!!!! 😉
Where is everyone choosing to fly into? I've noticed it's a lot cheaper to fly into LAX but I'm wondering if flying into Ontario will be way easier (I can get a shuttle to the hotel and a cab to my interview?)
I'm flying into Ontario! For me flight prices were about the same for both airports. (Southwest)Where is everyone choosing to fly into? I've noticed it's a lot cheaper to fly into LAX but I'm wondering if flying into Ontario will be way easier (I can get a shuttle to the hotel and a cab to my interview?)
Got an interview invite this morning!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just booked my flight for December 2nd
It's coming up so fast!
It's coming up so fast!I’m flying in on the 3rd! Interview on the 4th. I’m staying about a mile from the university at comfort inn but they don’t have a shuttle to the university. So I’ll probably take a taxi.
D
deleted793949
For those of you who have interviewed, do they send you information about which building to go to etc to check in? Or did I completely overlook that when reading the interview day instructions?
For those of you who have interviewed, do they send you information about which building to go to etc to check in? Or did I completely overlook that when reading the interview day instructions?
From Nalra095:
Check in is at the Veterinary Clinical Center (VCC) and then later your interviews are held at the Veterinary Medical Center (VMC).
D
deleted793949
ThanksFrom Nalra095:
Check in is at the Veterinary Clinical Center (VCC) and then later your interviews are held at the Veterinary Medical Center (VMC).
I'm still in committee review and I'm IS. I've emailed three different people on Sunday about the status of my application and have gotten no response yet.Is anyone else in committee review? I’m starting to feel like if I haven’t gotten an invite by now I probably didn’t make the cut lol
Yes, I sent it the day after the interview and I said something so that they would have remembered who I was 🙂Question— did you guys who interviewed send thank you emails
At the airport, I'm offically on my way to Western 😉
@greeneyegal92 Good luck! 🙂
Just got the dreaded rejection email D:
Congrats to everyone who got an interview, best of luck!
Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile
Congrats to everyone who got an interview, best of luck!
Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile
Visited campus earlier!At the airport, I'm offically on my way to Western 😉
When did you have your interview??? Mines tomorrow at 7:15At the airport, I'm offically on my way to Western 😉
Mine is tomorrow at noon; Good luckWhen did you have your interview??? Mines tomorrow at 7:15

Mine is in the am too!When did you have your interview??? Mines tomorrow at 7:15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted889359
How'd it go guys? My interview is tomorrow!! -Nervous-

Was not badHow'd it go guys? My interview is tomorrow!! -Nervous-![]()
They're nice, just relax and be yourself 🙂How'd it go guys? My interview is tomorrow!! -Nervous-![]()