Western C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No rejections sent out that we know of, huh?

Members don't see this ad.

It looks like there will be interview days in early December. Still haven't heard anything...

Does anyone know what type of questions they'll ask at the interview? I know its behavioral but like examples from anyone who has already had their interview or had applied last year. My interview date is the 11th at noon and I am so nervous!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what type of questions they'll ask at the interview? I know its behavioral but like examples from anyone who has already had their interview or had applied last year. My interview date is the 11th at noon and I am so nervous!!
I haven't interviewed there but the SDN school pages have lots of good info and some questions posted by members.

Western University of Health Sciences College of Veterinary Medicine Interview Feedback

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users

I interviewed already. The questions posted by the person that replied before me are really similar to the real thing

I 8
Nice! I hope mine goes soon! Did you get an email notification or did you just check on your status?
I received an email! I also got an email 2 min later that i was still in review...weird haha

I 8

I received an email! I also got an email 2 min later that i was still in review...weird haha

Same thing happened to me! Got an email this morning around 10:46am saying my application was in review and then a second email right after saying my app was still in committee review!

Reactions: 2 users
Finallllllllllly in committee review! Fingers crossed :xf:

Do they usually send out rejections at the same time they send interviews?
Have any rejections been sent out?

Been in committee review since Oct 3rd, but received my interview invite today!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FINALLY just got an interview invite! Only interview date left is monday. Yes, THIS COMING MONDAY. I'm freaking out. I have a biochem exam... already emailed my professor.

Reactions: 4 users
FINALLY just got an interview invite! Only interview date left is monday. Yes, THIS COMING MONDAY. I'm freaking out. I have a biochem exam... already emailed my professor.
Thy have a day in December too but maybe they didn’t offer you a December day. Are you from California?

If you are out of state email them. I did cause I couldn't make that one so they gave me dec 2

I saw that too! And I called when I saw that and was told that for the east coast people who got invites today, we will all be scheduled on Dec 2 and will receive a follow up email about that soon!

I saw that too! And I called when I saw that and was told that for the east coast people who got invites today, we will all be scheduled on Dec 2 and will receive a follow up email about that soon!

Actually, I just got mine saying I'm confirmed for Dec 2nd, check to see if you did too!

In review yesterday and interview invite today things are moving folks! :clap:

Reactions: 7 users
Today I received an interview invitation for the 13th!:soexcited:

Omg are you serious?! I just booked a flight.

Omg are you serious?! I just booked a flight.

I'm from the Midwest and booked a flight for this Saturday last Thursday (so 9 days before--lots of $$$!), so I feel your pain upon learning about the December date!

I'm from the Midwest and booked a flight for this Saturday last Thursday (so 9 days before--lots of $$$!), so I feel your pain upon learning about the December date!
Thankfully, my mom travels a lot for work and has reward miles that she has been saving up for interviews. ...Talk about having faith in me!

Chances of me making the 13th are none, I'm from Illinois but I'm on vacation in Florida. What should I do? :(

Chances of me making the 13th are none, I'm from Illinois but I'm on vacation in Florida. What should I do? :(
I'd suggest calling or emailing them tomorrow. I can't imagine that they expect everyone they invited from across the country to make plans to get there in less than a week.

Contact them. I live in Florida there was no way I could get there on the 13th. They gave me dec 2 even though it was full online.

The 2nd of December is now an option on the interview calender, which is when I'll be going, see you all then :)

Oh man my app is in committee review still but hearing people getting interviews now is making me nervous! Has anyone heard of rejections being sent out yet?

Oh man my app is in committee review still but hearing people getting interviews now is making me nervous! Has anyone heard of rejections being sent out yet?
Mine has been in committee review since the 12th so I feel your pain! I haven't heard anything about rejections being sent out other than to people who didn't meet minimum requirements. The interviews this year are kind of a mess since the VMCAS deadline was extended.

Did anyone take a shuttle from ONT airport to campus? If so how reliable was it?

Does anynody know the percentage of interviewees that are offered admission?

They interview about 400 from the ~700 applicants and select a class of 105 roughly :)

They interview about 400 from the ~700 applicants and select a class of 105 roughly :)
I took those stats on their website to mean that 105 is how many actually attend. I'm sure they have students they offer a seat to that go elsewhere. I wonder how many they actually offer acceptance to of the 400.

Ok now I'm getting nervous... mine still says "sent to admissions for processing"... Anyone else? :nailbiting:

My friend and I both submitted applications here but I submitted mine back in August and she submitted hers after the original deadline and she was told that the deadline extension was for people affected by the hurricane so I think if you are getting your application reviewed now it is because you didn't submit when you should have. I live in Oklahoma and I submitted before september 15. i think it probably has something to do with that because that deadline wasnt supposed to be for everyone.

For those interviewing tomorrow, does anyone know which building registration is in?

For those interviewing tomorrow, does anyone know which building registration is in?

Yeah I couldn't find that information. Does anyone know which building we're supposed to check in at?

Does anyone know if we find out what time our interview is prior to the actual day? (Or even if it's morning vs afternoon)

Does anyone know if we find out what time our interview is prior to the actual day? (Or even if it's morning vs afternoon)
In my interview confirmation email, they told me I'm in the morning group. They tell you what time you have to ne there in the email.

My application was finally put into review on Monday 11/6 after being stuck in the "sent to admissions for processing phase" forever, but I have not heard anything yet. Im getting anxious because I live in Florida and the last interview date I've seen is 12/2, is anyone else in the same boat?

My application was finally put into review on Monday 11/6 after being stuck in the "sent to admissions for processing phase" forever, but I have not heard anything yet. Im getting anxious because I live in Florida and the last interview date I've seen is 12/2, is anyone else in the same boat?
Yea I haven’t heard abything either and mine went into review on the 7th. I’m sure they will get back to us next week or the week after at the latest.

same :(

For those of you who interviewed, where did you end up checking in for the day's activities?

For those of you who interviewed, where did you end up checking in for the day's activities?

I can't remember exactly what it was called (maybe Veterinary Medical Center?) but it was one of the labelled veterinary buildings and it was attached to the Pet Health Center. There were plenty of people on campus directing us to the building.